March 28, 2024, 06:31:43 AM

Author Topic: Marvin Andrews Thread.  (Read 16722 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Andrews Thread.
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2017, 07:18:49 AM »
Rangers cult hero Marvin Andrews vows to exorcise haunted house that’s driven out five nannies in a year
By Christine Lavelle (Scottish Sun)

RANGERS cult hero Marvin Andrews plans to exorcise a haunted house five nannies fled in a year.

The Christian faith healer intends to rid it of its spook by praying and bible readings with Pastor Joe Nwokoye, 57.

They believe the ghostly goings-on — including glasses smashing, furniture moving and strange noises — could be down to a “tormented” soul lingering in the family home in Jeburgh, Roxburghshire.

Andrews, who made 53 appearances for the Ibrox side from 2004-06, said: “We will go and help when the opportunity arises.

“There are different types of spirits, but in my experience anything problematic is usually linked to Satan.

“It’s the devil you are dealing with. In this case the spirit is obstructive, so it is a problem.”

We told this week how the owners have offered a £50,000 salary for a live-in nanny to take care of their children aged five and seven.

They’ve had hundreds of applicants willing to spend up to four nights a week alone at the property after posting an ad on childcare.co.uk.

Pastor Nwokoye, who is based at Zion Praise Centre International in Kirkcald with Trinidad-born Marvin, said: “It’s common for me as a minister to go to people’s houses where they have reported seeing things moving, or a lamp turning itself on when no one was there.

“Marvin is my assistant and he goes with me to the ones in this country. Our service is free of charge.

“We go to the house and pray and read passages from the bible.

“That’s it — the spirit is gone, kicked out. We also anoint the house with holy oil.

“The length of time depends on each spirit. we just pray for as long as it takes to cast the spirit away.

“I think we’d only need about 60 minutes at this place in Jedburgh.”

He added that he and Marvin, have attended numerous “haunted” properties across Scotland to clear them of unwanted spirits.

And he told how he travels the world curing people thought to be possessed by demons.

Andrews, 41, added: “It is all about seeing people happy. Everyone deserves to be happy in their bodies and in their home.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »
Maybe Marvin can do the same thing in Couva.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
Maybe Marvin can do the same thing in Couva.

Only Couva! He needs to come to Trini and see if he can exorcise them bandits who hijack Father Harvey.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »
Ex-Rangers star Marvin Andrews booked out for 18 MONTHS to perform weddings for footie fans
By Christine Lavelle (The Scottish Sun)

BIBLE-bashing former Rangers star Marvin Andrews has been inundated with requests to perform weddings for footie fans.

Marvin, 41, is said to be booked up 18 months in advance as Gers supporters want him as the minister for their big day.

Pastor Joe Nwokoye, who works with the ex-player at the Zion Praise Centre in Kirkcaldy, Fife, said: “Marvin has done so many weddings – it’s countless the number he has done.

“He is booked up completely until after next year, he’s very popular.

“It’s especially Rangers fans because they want him to wed them and join them in marriage.

“He’ll travel to wherever the wedding is booked, they don’t have to be done in our church. He’s regularly travelling around Scotland to various castles and hotels.

“Marvin is a hero with every Scottish club he played for – Raith Rovers, Livingston and Rangers – and he’s a bit of a local celebrity around Kirkcaldy.”

Marvin began worshipping at the Zion church over 18 years ago and was ordained as a minister in 2006.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2017, 11:32:38 PM »
I hope soca warriors doh call him up because he go lost he ongoing bookings in Scotland.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marv can’t wait to play
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »
Marv can’t wait to play
rangers.co.uk

CULT hero Marvin Andrews can’t wait to feature at Ibrox again next week as the Rangers Legends return.

Andrews, who spent two seasons at the club between 2004 and 2006, is always delighted to be a part of anything which supports the club’s charitable arm and feels he is in good shape to contribute plenty come next Saturday.

He told us: “It’s always a great feeling to go back to Ibrox and run out on that pitch again – and to pull on that shirt and play in front of the fans who love the club.”

“I’m always wanting to be a part of these things to help people out in these games.

“I still have that competitive spirit about me, and I still train and look after myself as well as doing a lot of running and keeping myself fit.

“After you play, you still want to be in a decent enough shape and I still play a lot of five-a-side with my mates in Kirkcaldy.

“I love playing football, I love keeping myself in shape and looking after myself. I’m looking forward to the game and it should be exciting and good fun.

Andrews also spoke of how much it means to him to be considered in the same bracket as the club’s other heroes of the past who he will meet up with next week.

He added: “It’s a great honour for me. When you play for Rangers and you learn the history and the names of the players who played for the club – the legends and the teams – it’s amazing to be in the same dressing room as them.

“Sometimes I need to pinch myself to see that it’s really happening. To be among these great legends that represented the most successful club in the world is really, really amazing, and I’m just so happy that I can be part of being in the same dressing room as some of them and be able to chat, laugh and joke with them too.

“I’m really humbled to be a part of that and be on the same pitch as them.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2018, 01:50:12 PM »
WATCH: Marvin Andrews talks about what it means for him to play in the upcoming Rangers Legends Game.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9SbXvaE0Nmo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9SbXvaE0Nmo</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
Rangers hero Marvin Andrews jets 4,000 miles to perform wedding of international teammate Jason Scotland
By Christine Lavelle (The Scottish Sun)

RANGERS legend Marvin Andrews jetted 4,000 miles across the globe to perform the wedding of his international teammate Jason Scotland.

Player-turned-preacher Marvin, 42, flew to Trinidad this month to officiate Jason’s nuptials to new wife Debbi O’Rourke.

The happy couple tied the knot at Drew Manor on the Caribbean island – close to where both Marvin and Jason grew up in San Juan.

Delighted Marvin said: “It was a pleasure to do it for him because he is a close friend. It’s a special feeling to do your best friend’s wedding.

“Jason and I have known each other since we were teenagers and we played in the Trinidad team together.

“I know his mum well and we’re good friends in Scotland too – I often go and visit him and Debbi at their home in Glasgow.

“It was an honour to be asked. The ceremony itself was all close family and friends, it was really beautiful.”

Jason, 39, told how salon boss Debbi, 36, and her family were over to moon to have Marvin part of the big day on March 3 because as they are all diehard bluenoses.

He said: “With him there it felt comfortable – it was less nerve-wracking. The ceremony was really special.

“It wasn’t like a pastor seeing us for the first time. Marv is my close friend from home and in Scotland, I’ve known him all my life and played football with him, so it was an easy choice.

“My wife now is a Rangers supporter and her family support Rangers as well, so they were all keen for Marvin to do it.”

Marvin previously conducted the wedding of former Gers teammate Nacho Novo to his now ex-wife Donna Clark in 2015.

We told how the Christian faith healer, who preaches at Zion Praise Centre in Kirkcaldy, Fife, is booked up 18 months in advance with requests to perform weddings for footie fans.

The ex-Raith Rovers and Livingston defender began worshipping at the church nearly two decades ago and was ordained as a minister in 2006.

During his two years at Ibrox, the Trinidadian claimed he used self-healing to beat a serious knee injury in just a fortnight.

Marvin has 101 international caps and Jason, who played for St Johnstone, Dundee United and Hamilton, made 41 appearances for Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2018, 04:49:19 AM »
Andrews calls for support for T&T football.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

FORMER NATIONAL football team central defender Marvin “Dog” Andrews was back in Trinidad a few weeks ago on personal business.

However, he featured in a few training sessions with the Trinidad and Tobago squad, ahead of their recent tours of Guadeloupe and Martinique.

The 42-year-old took time recently to talk about his visit to Trinidad, his life as a religious minister in Scotland and the future of T&T football.

JOEL BAILEY (JB): What was the purpose for your trip to Trinidad?

MARVIN ANDREWS (MA): Specifically, my reason for coming to Trinidad and Tobago was to wed (former T&T striker) Jason Scotland.

That was my main purpose. Obviously, with Dennis (Lawrence) being my good friend, an ex-teammate, the national coach of Trinidad and Tobago, I like keeping myself fit, even though I’ve retired two years ago. So I asked him if I could come along and have a bit of a training session with the boys, and I can put in my two cents when I can. I’m a Trinidadian and it’s always good to come back to see the future of Trinidad and Tobago (football). Hopefully I can inspire them in some way or form, so they can take something from me.

JB: Where do you think T&T needs to improve, to reach at a level like the 2006 World Cup team that you were a part of?

MA: Trinidad (and Tobago) football is not only on the field, with the players, it’s a collective thing. For this nation to move forward, everybody have to come together. One of the biggest problem in Trinidad and Tobago football today is finances. There are certain things Dennis Lawrence cannot do as a (coach) without finances. He can have all the knowledge he can, there are certain things he cannot progress with this team without finances. This is one of the things that Trinidad and Tobago needs. We have loads of different companies in this country, let’s put in an investment into football, into sports on a whole. We have shown so many times, in World Cups, in Championships, in Olympics, that we can compete with the best. But you need that support, when it comes to the finances. It’s not only when they come on the field, but off the field as well.

JB: T&T players playing in Europe, but in the lower divisions, what do you think needs to be done for TT players to get contract for top division teams in Europe?

MA: It all starts with the grassroots. Football has changed now, the game is faster, more people are playing the game. We need to develop the grassroots football of Trinidad and Tobago. We have been saying this for years, Trinidad and Tobago have abundance of talented players. But the problem is when that talent comes up, the support is not there. Either they don’t have the (money) to come training every day or they’re struggling to eat or have food. We need to develop a structure where we can help our young players develop and grow into these world-class players. I think what we need to do is develop Trinidad and Tobago football, starting with the professional league here. Let’s support the boys, let’s put the monies in because we will reap the rewards later on, not only for the national teams but for the entire country. And this is what I think is needed to be done.

JB: How are you enjoying life as a pastor?

MA: I’m an assistant pastor in my church, Zion Praise Centre in Scotland. I assist my minister, he’s an evangelist so he travels a lot. I try to keep things going while he travels. I enjoy it a lot. It’s very important, we all need God in our lives. Everybody might not believe that but we all need God at some point in our lives. I am just here to try to spread the good news, to let people know that God is there for them, He loves and cares for them. If you give the Lord Jesus Christ a chance, He can make all things possible for you. This is my purpose, and I’m still trying to find my divine purpose and calling in the ministry. Football has been my vehicle to get me to where I am at this present time. It’s only a matter of time to see where God leads me in this new calling.

JB: Some of your T&T teammates are involved in coaching, is this something you’re looking to get into?

MA: No, that’s not my calling, that’s not my desire. Dennis is one of my best friends and he has encouraged me so many times to get into coaching. But I don’t believe it’s for me. Even while in my playing days, I never desired to coach. I enjoy encouraging young people to go and fulfil their dreams in life, whatever (aspect) of sports. I do a lot of motivational speaking in Scotland at the moment, in schools, in universities and different arenas. So my desire is for youths. I want to see youths succeed, I want to let them know that they can fulfil their ultimate dreams and the purpose for why God has created them to be alive on this earth.

JB: What’s your take on the VAR system?

MA: Football is a spontaneous game. I think they’re trying to narrow it down to be too specific. Yes, I know a lot of money is in the game but football is made of human errors. Without human errors they wouldn’t be any goals, you wouldn’t have any mistakes. That is my take on it. Obviously it’s a new thing, hopefully it can help the game, but I think it should remain with the human standpoint.

JB: What is the highpoint of your career?

MA: My ultimate dream was to help Trinidad and Tobago qualify for their first-ever World Cup. And that dream (came) to past. I had that dream in 1989, we failed to qualify for the World Cup against America. I (sat) in my living room and I said ‘I want to be part of the team who will help take this country to its first-ever World Cup’. I happened 15-20 years later.

JB: For the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, what are your expectations?

MA: I’m supporting Argentina. I’m a (Lionel) Messi fan. I’m hoping Messi can do well, prove the world wrong and win a World Cup. I think there are a lot of good teams. The Germans can come really good this year (and) Spain. Hopefully it can be an exciting World Cup but I’m rooting for Argentina.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 12:52:43 PM »
WATCH: Meet the happiest man in Scotland, Marvin Andrews! The big man talks through his football education in Trinidad and Tobago and the fascinating story which led him to land in Scotland and try to make it as a professional footballer.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZwKo7g5-qkc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZwKo7g5-qkc</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2018, 03:23:47 PM »
WATCH: Marvin Andrews - Rangers, 'Keep Believing', Helicopter Sunday, and World Cup 2006.

In Episode 2, the big centre half talks through his rollercoaster time with Rangers where he had to prove doubters he was good enough to be there, overcome a ligament injury through faith healing and restore the faith of his fans' and teammates that they could still win

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/biYWjmantXQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/biYWjmantXQ</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Andrews pleased to play his part for the Rangers Legends line-up
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2019, 09:06:19 PM »
'Cult hero' Marvin Andrews pleased to play his part for the Rangers Legends line-up
By Christopher Jack (The Herald)

IF there was a Cult Hero XI at Ibrox, Marvin Andrews would be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

It is the Rangers Legends side that the former Light Blues defender turns out for these days. He is reluctant to use the term or put himself in that esteemed company, though.

Three years after playing his final professional game as Clyde faced Queen’s Park in a play-off tie at Hampden, Andrews is still regularly pulling on his boots. But there are no points at stake, no trophies to be won or medals collected.

Instead, he helps to raise money for those less fortunate, to raise awareness for good causes across the country, as new memories are made with star names from years gone by.

Andrews is a familiar face to a support that took him to their hearts during his short but successful Ibrox career. To this day, those same fans still turn out in their numbers to see former Gers heroes in action.

“One of my friends, Charlie Miller, is involved in these games a lot and his friend is the one that arranges the matches,” Andrews said.

“At the same time, they are involved in helping with food banks so that people can get a meal at night and there are a lot of charities and good causes that benefit.

“You get guys that have the chance to meet and play with players that they have only seen on TV and they are like ‘I can’t believe I am on the pitch with Marvin Andrews or Charlie Miller’. There are Celtic guys that play as well and it is all in good spirits and for a good cause, which is the most important thing.

“I enjoy every minute of it and I am pleased to give something back.

“I am a footballer, but if I can use my talent to help someone who is less fortunate or raise money for a good cause, then that is great.

“Everyone has a different walk through life and they may need help with food or clothes or housing, whatever the case may be. There are so many charities that benefit and I am always willing to play and to help.”

Andrews may only have spent two seasons at Rangers but his place in Ibrox folklore is forever enshrined.

It was he, of course, who kept believing as Alex McLeish’s side won the title in 2005 and the defender became as renowned for his faith as his football as he battled back from a knee injury to play his part in a memorable title triumph.

The 43-year-old is now a regular feature on squad lists and at supporters functions. He won’t overstate his place amongst the finest names to pull on the famous jersey, however.

“I would call myself more of a cult hero than a legend,” Andrews said.

“Some of the players that played here are incredible, the things that they achieved for Rangers Football Club, are incredible.

“ I don’t really see myself in the same category as these guys. Maybe I am a cult hero because of Helicopter Sunday. I can wear that tag.

“But when it comes to a legend, it takes great things and great achievements to be considered a legend at a club like Rangers.

“I only played here for two years but I know Helicopter Sunday will go down as a one of the great days for the club. I am so happy and so humbled to be part of that history.

“The word legend, you can’t just throw that around here. some people may think that I am, but I am just so humble and happy to have played for such a wonderful football club.

“And to have achieved great things with Rangers in terms of winning a couple of trophies and to give the fans one of the greatest days of their lives. I am happy with the cult hero status.”

A place in the Rangers Legends squad has given Andrews a chance to be reunited with former team-mates or make new friends.

He is a well kent face at these events now. Wherever and whenever, he is happy to play his part both on and off the park.

Andrews said: “You definitely get a few aches after them these days! You feel old very quickly.

“But it is a good ache and a good pain when you are part of it. when you are retired and you are not as active as you were when you are a professional, it takes you longer to recovery from them.

“I try to keep myself fit and I do a bit of running to make sure I am able to play in these games.

“I was at Cheltenham last week with Gordon Smith and we went to the racing before a charity game at night for the Injured Jockeys Fund. Me and Gordon took part in that. I love doing these things.

“It was to help jockeys that are no longer able to ride but they need a bit of help or assistance financially and I was delighted to be part of that. The main sponsors were 32Red and Unibet and they asked us to come down. We had a really good time and I always want to be available as often as I can. I want to play and take part.

“When you play these games, it is all good banter and a good laugh. I have never played with some of the players but I have heard about their great achievements with Rangers.

“So it is nice hear the stories from when they used to play and to be on the same pitch as them.

“It is all great fun. As a former player, you really miss that dressing room banter and that camaraderie.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2020, 07:41:35 PM »
Marvin Andrews makes shock Rangers admission as he reveals his Ibrox leap of faith at 'meeting with God'
By Gabriel McKay (Scottish Daily Record)

Marvin Andrews has revealed he waived insurance while playing for Rangers, putting faith in God to keep him fit.

The centre-back joined the Gers in 2004 after leaving Livingston, and was named Players' Player of the Year in his first season.

That came despite a cruciate ligament injury suffered in March as a nail-biting title race entered its final stages.

Andrews famously refused to have surgery and instead played through the injury, putting his faith in God to heal him.

And the former Trinidad and Tobago international has revealed he did so without insurance, after being told to sign a waiver by the club.

He went on to play for another 10 years after leaving Ibrox in 2006, but had he required surgery he'd have had to foot the bill himself.

Andrews said on the Football Daft podcast : "Everybody had their opinion, people who damaged their ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) came out in the papers, they showed me ex-players, they even showed me Ian Durrant pictures when he damaged his knee at Aberdeen.

“All these ex-players whose careers were ended because of the same ACL.

“So, I tell them ‘no, God will heal my knee’.

“Then we had a big meeting at Murray Park, you had David Murray, all his staff, all the doctors, all the physios in the room - all of them on one side, and me and God sitting on the other side.

“So, me and God showed up in the meeting.

“They said to me ‘Marv, we respect your faith, we respect your belief in God, but we need to do what is best for Rangers Football Club. We just wanted to let you know that based on you rejecting our advice from the medical standpoint, we’d like to give you a disclaimer that you sign so that you take full responsibility if anything goes wrong with your knee from here on out’.

“So that if I damaged my knee or my knee collapsed in training or wherever, I cannot sue Rangers or cannot make the club pay for my decision.

“So, I signed the disclaimer, my faith believing that. And all that time, my knee was massive - the size of my knee was unbelievable.

“But the faith that I had in God, I said ‘no problem, I will trust God that God will look after me’.

“So, I signed the disclaimer, I took full responsibility, if anything happened to me, it’s my full responsibility.

“A lot of people don’t know - those times when I was playing for Rangers, I wasn’t under insurance from Rangers Football Club, my insurance was God. And a lot of people didn’t know that.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Andrews: Defence is a good foundation
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2020, 08:23:25 AM »
Marvin Andrews: Defence is a good foundation
By Louise Shaw (rangers.co.uk)

MARVIN ANDREWS hopes Rangers’ strong defensive start to the season can give them a good foundation to build on this campaign.

It has been an impressive start for Steven Gerrard’s men who have conceded only three goals in their opening 12 league matches - with 14 clean sheets in 17 games across all competitions.

The former centre-half, who lifted a League and League Cup double while at Ibrox, says clean sheets can help build courage and confidence within the squad.

He told rangers.co.uk: “I think it is fantastic, you need a good defence if you want to go on and be successful. You need to have a good defence in any team and to have clean sheets is very important.

“As a former centre half myself I know it gives momentum, it builds courage and confidence when you have clean sheets.

“When playing with a team of Rangers stature the more clean sheets you have the greater chance you have of winning the game because of the type of attacking players Rangers have.

“You have to perform if you want to play and that is really good to have that competitive edge in the group.

No centre-half, no defender and no player can take their position for granted and that is a very good thing that Steven Gerrard has done.”

Andrews feels Rangers are now seeing the best of Connor Goldson, and is impressed with his partnership with Filip Helander.

He continued: “This is Connor’s third season and he has done really well. He knows what it means to play at the club now and it is really really good.

“It has maybe taken a bit of time to get into the groove and show what he is really capable of and I am sure that is why Steven Gerrard bought him in the first place because he knew this is what he can offer the club and what he can do for the team.

“You always need to have good partnerships whether that is in attacking, midfield or defence.

“It is very important and the two of them have developed a really good partnership.

“Helander is left-footed and Goldson is right-footed so it is really good that they can settle in with each other, they have good communication and it is showing.

When you don't lose goals and you play with the squad here you always believe that you can score. When teams come up against you and they realise that you are not losing goals and it is hard to score against you right away you have a little edge.

“It is very important and it is the foundation for moving forward.”

1]; } ?>