April 28, 2024, 04:25:03 AM

Author Topic: Keane on Yorke  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane on Yorke
« on: September 26, 2008, 05:13:09 AM »
Just watching Sky Sport news. Keane was on giving his blessing to Yorke coming to play for T&T. He said his only issue with Yorke last time, was him playing two games so close together. Still don't understand why that is such a major issue as he is yet to play the essential Yorkie in any meaningful games. He said there is no problem between them at present and what went on a few weeks ago is now settled. Also stated he thinks Dwight is due to play three games this time for T&T but he dosen't believe Yorke can cope with that kind of workload at this stage in his career.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane move could avert Warner bother
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:40:46 AM »
Keane move could avert Warner bother
The Press Association

Sunderland boss Roy Keane will send Dwight Yorke away on international duty next month with his blessing, but adamant he is not fit enough to play three games in a week.

The Irishman found himself embroiled in a furious row with Jack Warner, FIFA vice-president and special advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, when he summoned the 36-year-old back from the Caribbean between World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and the United States earlier this month.

In reaction to Yorke's latest international call-up, Keane said: "He goes with my best wishes. He has had two or three weeks' training. My big issue the last month was that he wasn't 100% fit. I still don't think he is capable of going over there and playing three games in eight or nine days."

He added: "He goes with my best wishes, and he knows that. But he wasn't fit enough to play two games last month. Nobody will ever change my mind on that, nobody, not even Mr Warner, whatever his name is. Nobody.

"He will go, but if somebody asked me if he can play the three games for them next month, I would say, 'no chance'. He is not fit enough, his body is not up to it.

"But he can go and have an influence in maybe one, possibly two of the games. That's up to their manager to decide."

Warner had accused Keane of lacking respect for one of international football's smaller nations, with the Black Cats' boss branding him "a clown" in return as a war of words escalated.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Keane on Yorke
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »
Yorke really good yes. Is only he is ever make Jack change his mind about anything...and I getting the impression he is the one who sit down and talk to Keane to get this thing settled and out f the media. Which is why there was no need for him to make a public statement cause he learn longtime ago that the media just fans the flames of the fire.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:47:15 AM »
Two things:
1.  Keane come to his senses.
2.  Yorke knows what his body can do and Keane should understand that.
3.  Yorke is not going to play 3 complete games.  You can bet on it.
4.  Yorke is the diplomat here who knows how to talk to and convince Warner, Keane and Maturana.  That is why we need him.

Just sayin....
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »
Keane is learning the politics of football quickly it seems ....

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 09:09:46 AM »
Two things:
1.  Keane come to his senses.
2.  Yorke knows what his body can do and Keane should understand that.

Just sayin....

1. Keane's position is the same as it was before. It hasn't changed. The agreement was always that Yorke would only play one of the games, which was why Yorke CHOSE to return to Sunderland. He was not forced.

2. Yorke does know what his body can and cannot do, which is why he had chosen to return to Sunderland. Yorke had agreed to return. Doh fall for Warner's assness. If Yorke really felt he could handle another game so soon, bet yuh bottom dollar he would have imposed his right to stay and play.

Just sayin....
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »
So knowing Maturana he will play him against the Dominican Republic and rest him for the other 2

Offline HEARNAR

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
Boy allyuh is real trouble yes. Play against Dominica and rest for the other 2 games.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 09:43:19 AM »
So knowing Maturana he will play him against the Dominican Republic and rest him for the other 2
rimshot there Arrow :rotfl: :beermug:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 10:00:41 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

At which point we will all take it cool cool cool ... not silently, buh still cool cool cool ... cool stakeholders get nought everytime.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »
Excellent post arrow
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>