April 24, 2024, 05:55:08 PM

Author Topic: Crewe linked with Lawrence swoop  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Crewe linked with Lawrence swoop
« on: September 26, 2008, 10:27:55 AM »
http://www.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=13642_4190220&id=28

Crewe are believed to be in the hunt to sign giant Swansea defender Dennis Lawrence on loan.

First team coach Steve Holland has been looking for a defender all summer and the former Wrexham defender has been a long term transfer target for the Railwaymen and they are looking to tie up a short term deal in time for Saturday's match at Bristol Rovers.

The 6ft 7 defender is out of favour at Swansea and it is understood that Roberto Martinez is keen for the Trinidad and Tobago international to get some games under his belt.

Holland told BBC Radio Stoke "We have made some progress this week and we have a player who ticks all the boxes and we have to see how that evolves over the week, its in its early stages"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crewe linked with Lawrence swoop
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »
He need some games so buy him
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crewe to open talks with defender Lawrence
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
Crewe to open talks with defender Lawrence
swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk

Swansea City's out of favour defender Dennis Lawrence could be set for a loan move to league one outfit Crewe Alexandra.

Since the arrival of Albert Serran and Ashley Williams in the summer the Trinidad and Tobago international has found first team opportunities limited. Featuring in only one game this season the former Wrexham defender has become the clubs forgotten man in the early part of the season not even participating in reserve team fixtures.

Since his £75,000 switch from the Racecourse the towering defender has come under huge scrutiny from sections of the Liberty Stadium faithful but helped steer the club to promotion to the championship.

Crewe's assistant manager Neil Baker has revealed that talks between both clubs are ongoing and the Cheshire club are due to open talks with the defender over a possible move. Lawrence had been tipped to move to the Alexandra Stadium last term but a deal never materialized.
Crewe close in on defender
swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk

Crewe are hoping to tie up a deal to bring in an experienced defender on loan. It's reported by The Sentinel that Steve Holland will have talks with Swansea City defender Dennis Lawrence in the next few days after agreeing a deal with his club over a loan move.

The 34 year old was on a list of targets in the summer but a move to the Alex failed to materialise. However, with Lawrence only making the one appearance, in the League Cup, this season a move away may suit all parties.

The former Wrexham defender has made over 80 appearances for Swansea since signing in 2006 and at nearly 6ft 7in Steve Holland is looking for Lawrence to be the much needed commanding defender.

The defence is in need of much needed facelift having conceded 18 goals in the opening 7 league games this season. Despite defending well on Tuesday night against Liverpool, assistant manager Neil Baker remains convinced that the defence is far from capable of keeping up that form.

Speaking to thisisstaffordshire.co.uk Baker said: 'It's a position which needs looking at.

'The defending was good against Colchester and again at Liverpool on Tuesday night, but there's a crack in them as the Southend game proved.'
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 05:12:44 AM »
good luck big man..is Crewe also in Wales ???... if so, then Dennis would have spent all his years there in wales..Wrexham, Swansea and Crewe...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:37 AM »
good luck big man..is Crewe also in Wales ???... if so, then Dennis would have spent all his years there in wales..Wrexham, Swansea and Crewe...

Crewe is not in Wales, however the less said about that town the better. Ask Clayton Ince...but he probably cyah remember as he hopefully blank that experience from his mind! At least Dennis go get some game time as there ain't much more to look forward too.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
OK Rodney give we d geography lesson?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 05:51:17 AM »
OK Rodney give we d geography lesson?

Ok.....it's in the the North East, Cheshire I think, between Wrexham (no it still not in Wales but having checked on the map it's pretty damn close) and Stoke. Lawerence better off commuting if he still got ah pad in Wrexham. Been there following Forest but admittedly not for the past few seasons. From my memories there is a train station and a football ground, it was cold as were the pre and post game pubs.

T'was the pinnacle of excitement I tell thee

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big Den joins Crewe
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 06:02:50 AM »
Big Den joins Crewe
swanseacity.net

Swansea City defender Dennis Lawrence has today completed a three-month loan move to League One side Crewe Alexandra.

The Trinidad & Tobago international will join the Gresty Road outfit until the end of December, although the Swans can recall him after 28 days if required.

Lawrence, an ever-present member of last season's title-winning squad, has been unable to force his way into Swansea's Championship side so far this campaign.

Having made just one appearance so far this season, in the Carling Cup against Brentford, Swans boss Roberto Martinez was keen for the 34 year old to get some games under his belt.

The 6ft 7in giant signed for the Swans from Wrexham on August 16, 2006, on a two-year contract which was extended for another year.

Big Den said: "This is a massive opportunity for me to get some games and to help Crewe Alexandra get results that the team deserves. Hopefully I can build a platform while I am here too.

"I have a lot of ambition and hunger to do well so I will go out there in every game and give it 110 per cent. I'm not here to have a holiday; I am here to do well for myself and for the team.

"I know that Crewe are a much better team than the table shows and they have a good mixture of youth and experience here. Hopefully my experience can add to that as well.

"I have seen a few of the boys this morning and they are all ready to go and willing to learn, so it is going to a great experience for us all. But for now I just can't wait to get started."
Steve On Lawrence Capture
crewealex.net

Steve Holland has expressed his delight in securing the services of experienced centre half Dennis Lawrence.

Steve has admitted over previous weeks that he wanted some competition for the places across the back four as he has in other area's of the pitch, and with the board allowing Steve some finances to bring the right man in, he identified Lawrence and as they say the rest is history.

Roberto Martinez, Manager at Swansea, was keen to keep his influential defender in South Wales but with Dennis eager to play he granted him permission to come up to South Cheshire and Steve could not be happier.

Steve told crewealex.net: "We are really pleased to have Dennis here, he is a very experienced player and played a big part for Swansea when they got promoted last year - captaining the side on occasions. He gives us a real presence in both boxes and as I said has a lot of experience behind him too.

"We said that our priority was a centre-half and the board have been a great help in bringing Dennis in. They have always been 100% supportive.

"We identified Dennis, he fit the profile we were looking for. We could have borrowed a younger player but the experience of Dennis will be a great help on the pitch I think. He has leadership qualities, is he obviously very tall, athletic and composed and assured on the ball. He has been unfortunate not to have played so much this year, but we are delighted to have him here."

Due to the lack of appearances so far this season Steve says that they will need to address his fitness but sees no issue as he comes into contention for the weekend visit of Northampton.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:08:53 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
Thanks Rodney so I guess he willhave nuff time 2 play solitaire

1]; } ?>