April 26, 2024, 01:54:01 PM

Author Topic: Brent Sancho...............Casualty of War?  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Sancho...............Casualty of War?
« on: September 26, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
blah blah blah........gums bumping bout not fit........but like he cah even get a recall tuh even see if he could make d final squad.............ah guess SOMEBODY have tuh b d sacrificial lamb in order for others tuh prosper...........oh and btw d war eh over.........these recalls is just an illusion dat it is.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Sancho...............Casualty of War?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »
He on d neva 2 play 4 TNT list
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »
sad cause he has been playing recently.... and even a half fit Sancho can bring more experience in this tough time than Hislop and Thomas (no disrespect to them)

If the warriors go to the HEX it will still leave something for this soap opera to continue to act on

time will tell
For de love of de game

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »
Can we make d hex witout him no faith in Hislop and Keyano bein in town so long does still do nonesense
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
sad cause he has been playing recently.... and even a half fit Sancho can bring more experience in this tough time than Hislop and Thomas (no disrespect to them)

If the warriors go to the HEX it will still leave something for this soap opera to continue to act on

time will tell

Last week Brent and I spoke on line for about 40 mins..... He was very thankful for the support the SW networks have given to him, and wanted me to give them his best regards. He then said that despite all the bickering and babble that has gone on. He is ready and willing to rep TnT but has not been approached yet, and that he may never have the chance again. To quell all the speculations about his fitness, Brent began to work harder this year. Since 2006 he has had many ups and downs, especially with finding a steady club to play for. So recently he has worked on becoming fully fit and believes that he is as fit as 2006.

Despite all Brent was optimistic about repping us.... in his heart the man is Red Black and White.... and wanted to let the SW networks know.... what happened in Germany no one can take away that from him..... no organization or federation....! He was proud because he was playing for the fans like us.......

I wish him well....!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »
A class act is Brent Sancho a casulty of war but history will remember his stellar contribution on and off d field

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
A class act is Brent Sancho a casulty of war but history will remember his stellar contribution on and off d field

Hmmmm . Defintely the groomimng part.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »
Laters and Yorkie would bring him back because he is needed in that back line .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »
There is no question in my mind and heart that Brent Sancho has Trinidad and Tobago at Heart. He has backbone, a quality many lose when it time to stand up for truth and whats right. My impression of Brent having observed him over the years, is that he is the kind of person you want covering your back in the trenches. He is a leader. He will forever be respected by all who know his undying committment to the cause of T&T football.

Hope to see you back in T&T colors soon Brent. It will be great to have our best team on the field when we go to war. It will also be good to see the good guys win. Keep the faith :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 10:01:30 AM »
Well it certainly looks like he is d official fall guy.......and if it turns out dat way since EVERYBODY else getting recalled and have dey sweetheart deals.......ah hope FPATT stays arrung and he plays a major role in keeping he tuggs on top ah TTFF neck..............

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »
nah...every dog has its day. Brent need to find a new club now that usl season done. the rest go fall into place.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
The TRUTH about Brent Sancho
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 03:43:04 PM »
Is Brent as good as many seem to think?

Is he currently REALLY better than what we have to offer in the centre of defence?

Much props to him because I see him as a player who will gives his heart and soul to the cause and for that alone, he will get a big up from me.

But technically, as a Central Defender.....is he REALLY even NOW better than Makan Hislop?  Or Keyeno Thomas?  Or Dwayne Jack?  Or Julius James?  Or even Osei Telesford?  I totally agree that he should be given the OPPORTUNITY to show if he is at that level or not.

He did us all proud in Germany but even before the black list thing, when his marketability was at peak, he was still struggling to sign on with a club.  Perhaps that was more due to the row he had with his club owner at the time than an indication of lack of ability.

I think Brent Sancho's legacy in T&T football will have to do more with his off field activities, being an advocate for player rights etc. than anything he would have accomplished on it.  Another thing I will always remember him for is his leaving his club, without permission, to join up with the National team for the Bahrain matches, even though he didn't see a second of action on the field.

But I jes askin, similar to the Leonson Lewis thread, is Brent Sancho really THAT good a footballer as he's being portrayed?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The TRUTH about Brent Sancho
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 03:50:50 PM »
Brent in my opinion is better (or is that was) than the names you called there. No offense to JJ - he still have time on he hands and some polishing-up to do.

Hislop is the WUSS I eva see.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »

The fact that he was unable to secure any meaningful contract at any level in UK .Does that not answer the question ????
It just shows how bias and emotional people on this forum is . If Sancho was as good as people here make him out to be why the lack of interest in him where he went on numerous trials and assessed ?

But here he is assured a space on a NATIONAL TEAM !! Imagine that !
Who dont pick him is haters and should be hated.

In time to come Latapy , "the great coach " will be the focus of this same logic !!

This will make interesting reading !

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
Is Brent as good as many seem to think?

Is he currently REALLY better than what we have to offer in the centre of defence?

Much props to him because I see him as a player who will gives his heart and soul to the cause and for that alone, he will get a big up from me.

But technically, as a Central Defender.....is he REALLY even NOW better than Makan Hislop?  Or Keyeno Thomas?  Or Dwayne Jack?  Or Julius James?  Or even Osei Telesford?  I totally agree that he should be given the OPPORTUNITY to show if he is at that level or not.

He did us all proud in Germany but even before the black list thing, when his marketability was at peak, he was still struggling to sign on with a club.  Perhaps that was more due to the row he had with his club owner at the time than an indication of lack of ability.

I think Brent Sancho's legacy in T&T football will have to do more with his off field activities, being an advocate for player rights etc. than anything he would have accomplished on it.  Another thing I will always remember him for is his leaving his club, without permission, to join up with the National team for the Bahrain matches, even though he didn't see a second of action on the field.

But I jes askin, similar to the Leonson Lewis thread, is Brent Sancho really THAT good a footballer as he's being portrayed?

Just like Jumbie I agree...i think he have the kind of experience the other don't have internationally...he come with the whole package

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 04:03:37 PM »
Brent was a decent midfield player who became a defender in his later years as pro.  In the T&T shirt it was refreshing to have a hard man in the hole at the back who is comfortable with the ball at his feet (which I think is attributable to his natural tendency to want to play & create as young player).  When fit I'll take him over Makan, Keyeno & Dwayne...I've never seen Julius James play so I'll reserve comment.  As much as I'd like for Brent to get back in the Nat'l team set up (at least give it one more shot), I think his best days are behind him.... and at age 32/33, I prefer to see a youngster step up today and own the position for years to come.

Edit: Sancho is 31.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:27:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »
The fact that he was unable to secure any meaningful contract at any level in UK .Does that not answer the question ????
It just shows how bias and emotional people on this forum is . If Sancho was as good as people here make him out to be why the lack of interest in him where he went on numerous trials and assessed ?

But here he is assured a space on a NATIONAL TEAM !! Imagine that !
Who dont pick him is haters and should be hated.

In time to come Latapy , "the great coach " will be the focus of this same logic !!

This will make interesting reading !

While what you are saying is not devoid of all logic, the fact of the matter is that Brent, rightly or wrongly has developped a reputation as a headstrong troublemaker, and that has followed him around in England. This actually PRE DATES the blacklist. If you were paying attention, he got into trouble with Gillingham because he defied a club doctor's diagnosis deeming him unfit to play for the T&T NT by getting an independent doctor to diagnose him. That was how he found himself on the plane to Bahrain, and his career at that club suffered from it from that moment until he left.

He was reportedly offered one contract in Scotland that he refused (for family reasons it would seem, though one has to wonder the wisdom seeing that he ended up in the States after all was said and done) Things however aren't as cut and dry as they seem.

To answer the original question, i believe that Brent (at his best) is our best defender when it comes to having the ball at his feet and the timing of his tackles. I think he remains slightly suspect in the air, but mainly because of his lack of height as opposed to suspect positioning. His advantage over Tallest, and even Dog back in his day, is that he was less likely to get caught out ball watching. Unfortunately, he is not as good with his head as either one of those.
Can't compare him with Hislop except to say his positional awareness THEN is much better than Hislop's now, and he has Thomas beaten for speed. From what i heard, anybody is better than Dwayne Jack. Unfortunately, I've never seen James play.

Prior to the World Cup, Sancho was always a poor man's Dog, but he seemed to have genuinely benefitted from being called upon to replace him and going on the pre WC training camp. I think he was about to hit his peak when he fell out with Gillingham. The main problem is its impossible to guess what his performance would be like now and Atlanta backline been so crappy all year, i doubt you can draw any solid conclusions from 10 games there.

Did anyone see him play there?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 04:20:30 PM »
Kicker I agree with you. If Brent was playing regular and fit I would have prefferred him in the hole. Yes, he is 32/33, but if he work out on his own and stay fit I will have him on the team, but not necessarily starting.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 05:28:42 PM »
brent is good in the air and on the ground, hes not afraid to tackle and defends well off the ball also, he can also dribble and keep possession, he doesnt give away the ball and connects well with the midfield, right now he needs some blue soap and a cocoyea, and some advice from crazy for some purging techniques.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
I have not seen Sancho Play since WC so I dont know what kind of form he is in.  Did anybody get a chance to see him play recently?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »
I really dont need to see Sancho to answer that question ...not after dem gapers got a goal against Guatemala for gaping and had it repeated against the USA. It was standing room only in that defence. Twice and in similar fashion ...dem fellas eh even learning from dey mistakes.
The standard of this team is very very low folks ...that's why the over aged can still find a place there.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »
I was thinking the same thing yuh know.  I feel men like Sancho and a fit Marvin Andrews would have dealt with those free kicks into the box better than the current bunch.....but then I remember the unfortunate own goal in the WC by Sancho, which was also from a free kick.  Our Team really needs to work on defending free kicks. Thats clearly one of our weak points that other teams exploit.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »
Dwayne Jack nah man Palos u comparin Sancho 2 Dwayne Jack

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 08:12:03 PM »
Dwayne Jack nah man Palos u comparin Sancho 2 Dwayne Jack

Why not?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »
Dwayne Jack and Seon Power have 2 b d 2 worst defenders I have ever seen. Now I have 2 add Edwards d man who d Bermuda fella run pass twice. Not even on a badddddddddd day Sancho as bad as d aforementoned

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 08:34:18 PM »
I was thinking the same thing yuh know.  I feel men like Sancho and a fit Marvin Andrews would have dealt with those free kicks into the box better than the current bunch.....but then I remember the unfortunate own goal in the WC by Sancho, which was also from a free kick.  Our Team really needs to work on defending free kicks. Thats clearly one of our weak points that other teams exploit.

in all fairness, Sancho drink tea for Lawrence fever on that play - if the ball hadn't deflected off Tallest he would never have been anywhere near it. Same way Dog ended up deflecting that Guatemalan free kick into goal in the Hasely Crawford.

Deflections happen, and usually when they do, there aint much you could do to stop the consequences. The trick is to not give up the free kicks in the first place.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
Until he get recalled and get at least a run in a warm up we will never know.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
Dwayne Jack and Seon Power have 2 b d 2 worst defenders I have ever seen. Now I have 2 add Edwards d man who d Bermuda fella run pass twice. Not even on a badddddddddd day Sancho as bad as d aforementoned

This team would have been MUCH BETTER if Seon Power was on it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 09:02:22 PM »
Let we agree 2 disagree bout Seon Power

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 09:13:02 PM »
I was thinking the same thing yuh know.  I feel men like Sancho and a fit Marvin Andrews would have dealt with those free kicks into the box better than the current bunch.....

I think sometimes we have short memories.  Every single T&T national football team we had bar the soca warriors in the latter part of the 2006 WCQ campaign and the actual WC in Germany had a problem with giving up early goals in games.  Many of those early goals were a direct result of opposition free kicks.  It's a weakness we've ALWAYS had regardless of personnel.

1]; } ?>