March 29, 2024, 03:42:17 AM

Author Topic: Julius James fitness update  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James fitness update
« on: September 30, 2008, 06:04:54 AM »
Ruiz, James fitness update
Toronto FC Media Relations

Toronto FC coach John Carver hopes that Carlos Ruiz and Julius James will be fit enough to return to full training by the end of the week. Ruiz missed Saturday's clash against Houston Dynamo with a knee injury whilst James had a hamstring strain.

"Carlos is day to day," said Carver. "He is getting better all the time and hopefully he will be able to join in training towards the end of the week. He's very close to being back. Julius did some training this morning. I don't think he will play in the reserve game on Tuesday morning but we will assess him by the end of the week. If those guys aren't available for us on Saturday, they won't be going away on international duty."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Julius James fitness update
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:09:28 AM »
all the best boy nashie

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:12:33 AM »
OK TTFF FYI James injured
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 12:54:11 AM »
OK TTFF FYI James injured

Watch Maturana will still text him.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Julius Fit.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:57:34 AM »
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081002&content_id=192497&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Toronto FC defender Julius James is back in the squad for Saturday's game at New York Red Bulls, but Carlos Ruiz is expected to miss the trip. James was ruled out of the 1-1 draw against Houston Dynamo last week with a hamstring injury.
"Julius has a good chance of being involved," said Toronto FC coach John Carver. "He has had a good week in training and looks to have recovered from his hamstring strain. He was fully involved in training on Thursday and now we'll see if there is any reaction. He's in the squad and is almost certain to travel."

Ruiz missed last week's game with a knee injury and is unlikely to be fit enough to travel with the squad. "Carlos is getting better day by day, but I'm almost certain he won't be ready to play in the game this weekend," said Carver. "He has been out for nearly two weeks now so even if he declared himself fit tomorrow he still won't be match fit. I said last week that he has to be fully fit before I will consider him for selection, and that isn't just the condition of his knee but the condition of his body. He still needs to do some more work so I'm almost certain that he won't be travelling with us to New York. He will stay behind and continue his treatment and rehabilitation."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Julius Fit.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 06:58:51 AM »
good news for us, ruiz wont suit up for the guats

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Julius Fit.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:25:12 AM »
good news for us, ruiz wont suit up for the guats

i'm pretty sure they will still call him up if there's a chance he could get fit before the 11th. 
Even though the club says they won't release him FIFA rules dictate otherwise

1]; } ?>