April 25, 2024, 03:55:35 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad's Joe Public stuns Atlante in Cancun.  (Read 7669 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad's Joe Public stuns Atlante in Cancun.
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
Did Derek King play for T&T under 17 back in de eightiess?

No the nineties... he was the U-17 captain for qualifiers for the U-17 World Cup in Egypt 97.
Then Bertille take him under he wing from around 99 to 04 on the senior team... I eh know wha happen to he after that... like he overs football after ppl start to call him Bertille son

Cornell Glen, Scott Sealy, Kester Cornwall, Isa Ar-Razi, Kerwyn Jack, Andres Alexander, Gary Gibbings was on that same U-17 side...

Big players like Josh Johnson and Kerry Baptiste and also FF :'( did not make the final team... (yes ah grouping up meh name with dem fellas ;D )

I remember Gibbins as a lil yute comin around when he fadder was coachin de U-16 side, culd tell he wulda turn out to be a decent player...

Tell dem bout yuhself FF, dey eh know iz only b/c yuh decide to become a scholar (skuller  ;D) why yuh overs football  :beermug: :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
i nearly forget congrats Joe Public  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 05:56:41 PM »
If JP could go to Mexico and beat one of the best clubs in Central America why cant TT beat Guatemala in their backyard.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »
If JP could go to Mexico and beat one of the best clubs in Central America why cant TT beat Guatemala in their backyard.

thats a very general statement lol..maybe cause T&T will be playing guat instead of atlante (unless you saying they both the same team and they both have the same players that will give the same performance)...or maybe you saying JP and T&T national team is the same..or maybe yuh think guat will give T&T that same performance in guat like what atlante give JP...I dunno explain fuh meh nah..just sayin 

* i had to re-edit my post cause i said Mex instead of guat*  :-\
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:20:15 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 06:20:06 PM »
Observer,
                Army won it outright one year. I think Police was joint champions with one of them CA teams. Tallman????
Army were joint winners in 1978, and won it outright in 1985. Police reached de final in 1991, but get beat by Puebla

I thought Dwarika was very much into the game, but someone mentioned that he was trying to do to much and the final passes were going to the wrong men. But I still think he should be on the TT squad. I am biased to Dwarika.  I think he still  has a little bit of magic. All yuh might disagree with me on that one.
Ahmmm...yuh get tie up. Dwarika didn't play last night because he did get ah red card in de last game against CD Olimpia. Yuh  referring to Kerry Noray. Yuh shoulda know dat it wasn't Dwarika, because Dwarika doh hustle like dat.  ;D

Yes, JP is the first TT team to beat a Mexican team in Mex(Tallman correct me I am in error).
As far as I know, dis is correck.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 06:25:03 PM »
Tallman,
               I stand corrected. The stream I was watching was pixellated quite a bit. But he can passed for Dwa.You right he did hustle a lot. We both of them should b on the TT team, at least one starting.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
      Aye Breds JP getting pong ever since they were formed,weather they play good bad or ugly,they tired win the Pro league and beat all the so called better teams in the country,you all never give that team any credit,their Coach was the worst and still is,they have one or two foreign peeps have problems with that.
       You saying i does just siddung and wait,yes i does siddung and wait because that's what everybody does on here,just wait for not just JP to lose but T&T too,if you know anything about Football you will know why they lost against Montreal but it have certain peeps i will not discuss Football with that's why i don't discuss Football on this forum.  

As much as I hear what yuh saying... I still disagree with yuh first post.  When man criticizing de soca warriors 9/10 it is justified in my mind... you and others free to disagree.  Same with JP... when they beat up NE man start all kinda talk how the Pro League better than de "shitty" MLS... den ah A-League team come and manners dem twice.  Now they beat a Mexican team at home and is de greatest accomplishment fuh ah local team.  As I said after the Montreal loss... dis is the main reason I doh get too high or too low with local teams. 

The harsh truth is that none of our teams, whether national team or professional teams... are good enough to the point that they are posting consistent results on a regular basis.  Good games will be followed by horrendous showings and vice versa.  We lack quality... plain and simple.  Quality is what breeds consistency... as the saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent... in my mind quality is that necessary intermediary between form and class.

All that said, it's silly to go overboard with praise or the blame, living and dying with each game.  Equally silly in my mind to sit in silence and just pounce conveniently on every opportunity to reproach men about things said weeks, months in the past... and do so repeatedly.  But whatever... can't tell men what and how to post.
       Bakes may be i does come across as though i'm opposing peeps but i don't mean it to be that way,i appreciate everyones views because i do hope they appreciate mine,i'm not here to say weather anyone is right or wrong because i'm not in a position to decide that,i understand and agree with your assessment because it's good standards for any team to work with.The difference with me is that i judge T&T Football different to most,i don't raise my expectations and then get disappointed,we all know the level of our Football but when we lose peeps going nuts,is not to say we are a top team that losing,T&T has always been inconsistent,in that respect we are no different from any other team,look at Haiti and Jamaica they made a WC finals too,where is their Football right now,you all know is one problem i does have on here and that is putting down our Football,weather it's teams/administration etc, i'm not against the criticism but when we suppose to give credit lets give it,i know personally how it feels to be under that kind of pressure.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »

Bakes may be i does come across as though i'm opposing peeps but i don't mean it to be that way,i appreciate everyones views because i do hope they appreciate mine,i'm not here to say weather anyone is right or wrong because i'm not in a position to decide that,i understand and agree with your assessment because it's good standards for any team to work with.The difference with me is that i judge T&T Football different to most,i don't raise my expectations and then get disappointed,we all know the level of our Football but when we lose peeps going nuts,is not to say we are a top team that losing,T&T has always been inconsistent,in that respect we are no different from any other team,look at Haiti and Jamaica they made a WC finals too,where is their Football right now,you all know is one problem i does have on here and that is putting down our Football,weather it's teams/administration etc, i'm not against the criticism but when we suppose to give credit lets give it,i know personally how it feels to be under that kind of pressure.

Yuh does raise mih pressure sometimes... but yuh make plenty sense here  :D

:beermug:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »

Yuh does raise mih pressure sometimes... but yuh make plenty sense here  :D

:beermug:
        Cheers man! :beermug:

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »
Well done Joe Public!!!

Keep the T&T Flag flying!!!

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 07:50:44 AM »
boy i come into de 2nd half and saying to mehself how Dwarika playing so good and tackling men hard and ting, like he looking for a call-up, den de announcer start calling him Noray, and ah ready to fire him up oui...is only after ah get a few close-ups ah realize is not Dwarika :rotfl:

anyway good result, but for anybody who eh see de game, JP defence give dem mexicans nuff chance (and i do mean nuff chance) to tie/win de game and dey didn't oblige.

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »
Everybody talking but nobody bother to give the Keeper some props for a very good effort.

It was he who kept them in the game in the second half. AT one pt. making a great reflex save going down low to stop a bullet that was blasted through a maze of defenders.

JP stifled the Mexicans. But yes they were a bit lucky at times. However, not bad considering they were in Mexico.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »
 :applause:
I'm impressed w/the quality and character displayed along/w this win.Ah
think we need to refine the way we enter into tackles to economiz we
yellow cards.No need to ride ah man w/he back tuh your gaol in the
middle 1/3. Nice Game. Congrats.      My .02.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 08:44:11 PM »
They defended as a group and tried to force Atlanta to shoot from the outside.

I was a bit horrified at how often they just gave away the ball. But at the end of the day, a nice shocker.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 10:38:46 PM »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 04:14:02 AM »
As you noted,its a very general statement...no technicalities .

thats a very general statement lol..maybe cause T&T will be playing guat instead of atlante (unless you saying they both the same team and they both have the same players that will give the same performance)...or maybe you saying JP and T&T national team is the same..or maybe yuh think guat will give T&T that same performance in guat like what atlante give JP...I dunno explain fuh meh nah..just sayin 

* i had to re-edit my post cause i said Mex instead of guat*  :-\

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
i just have to say what i saw in the first half was utter tata, and a steaming pile of it too

terrible first touches
ball watching
lame tracking back
prison yard style tackles

so i was surprised to hear they won the game, they better get thier shit together otherwise they going out faster than they went in

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »
Joe Public did it, so can T&T...

Lets go Warriors, 1 hour to go....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 06:13:18 PM »
Joe Public did it, so can T&T...

Lets go Warriors, 1 hour to go....
I agree Sam

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »
Not in Mexico city. There is difference. Cancun is at sea level!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>