April 19, 2024, 10:34:23 AM

Author Topic: Joe Kinnear is a LEGEND!  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joe Kinnear is a LEGEND!
« on: October 03, 2008, 05:42:33 AM »
 ;D ;D :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Audio: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/10/02/audio-joe-kinnear-swears-an-amazing-52-times-in-a-five-minute-rant-at-the-daily-mirror-115875-20767990/

Script:

The following is an edited transcript of Newcastle interim manager Joe Kinnear's first official press conference yesterday

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a c**t.

SB Thank you.

JK Which one is Hickman [Niall, football writer for the Express]? You are out of order. Absolutely f**king out of order. If you do it again, I am telling you you can f**k off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that f**king crap. No f**king way, lies. f**k, you're saying I turned up and they [Newcastle's players] f**ked off.

SB No Joe, have you read it, it doesn't actually say that. Have you read it?

JK I've f**king read it, I've read it.

SB It doesn't say that. Have you read it?

JK You are trying to f**king undermine my position already.

SB Have you read it, it doesn't say that. I knew you knew they were having a day off.

JK f**k off. f**k off. It's your last f**king chance.

SB You read the copy? It doesn't say that you didn't know.

JK What about the headline, you think that's a good headline?

SB I didn't write the headline, you read the copy.

JK You are negative bastards, the pair of you.

SB So if I get a new job next week would I take the first day off? No I wouldn't. If I get a new job should I call my boss and tell him I am taking the first day off?

JK It is none of your f**king business. What the f**k are you going to do? You ain't got the balls to be a f**king manager. f**king day off. Do I want your opinion. Do I have to listen to you?

SB No, you can listen to who you want.

JK I had a 24-hour meeting with the entire staff.

SB Joe, you are only here six weeks, you could have done that on Sunday, or Saturday night.

JK No, no, no. I didn't want to do it. I had some other things to do.

SB What? More important things?

JK What are you? My personal secretary? f**k off.

SB You could have done the meeting Saturday night or Sunday. You could have had them watching videos, you could have organised them.

JK I was meeting the f**king chairman the owner, everyone else. Talking about things.

SB It is a valid point that was made in there. A valid point.

JK I can't trust any of you.

Niall Hickman Joe, no one could believe that on your first day at your new club, the first-team players were not in. No one could believe it in town. Your first day in the office.

JK My first day was with the coaches. I made the decision that I wanted to get as much information out of them.

NH But why Monday, no one could believe it?

JK I'm not going to tell you anything. I don't understand where you are coming from. You are delighted that Newcastle are getting beat and are in the state they are? Delighted, are you?

NH Certainly not. No one wants to see them get beaten, why would we?

JK I have done it before. It is going to my f**king lawyers. So are about three others. If they can find something in it that is a court case it is going to court. I am not f**king about. I don't talk to f**king anybody. It is raking up stories. You are f**king so f**king slimy you are raking up players that I got rid of. Players that I had fallen out with. You are not asking Robbie Earle, because he is sensible. You are not asking Warren Barton? No. Because he is f**king sensible. Anyone who had played for me for 10 years at any level ... [but] you will find some c**t that ...

Other journalist How long is your contract for Joe?

JK None of your business.

SB Well it is actually, because we cover the club. The club say you are here to the end of October, then you say six to eight games which would take it to the end of November. We are trying to clarify these issues. We are getting no straight answers from anyone. How long are you here for. It is a dead simple question. And you don't know ...

JK I was told the length of contract. Then I was told that possibly the club could be sold in that time. That is as far as I know. That's it finished. I don't know anything else. But I have been ridiculed. He's trying to f**king hide, he's trying to do this or that.

There follows an exchange regarding the circumstances under which Kinnear had met the owner Mike Ashley and executive director (football) Dennis Wise.

Steve Brenner (football writer for the Sun) We are all grown men and can come in here and sit around and talk about football, but coming in here and calling people c**ts?

JK Why? Because I am annoyed. I am not accepting that. If it is libellous, it is going to where I want it to go.

Newcastle press officer What has been said in here is off the record and doesn't go outside.

Journalist Well, is that what Joe thinks?

JK Write what you like. Makes no difference to me. Don't affect me I assure you. It'll be the last time I see you anyway. Won't affect me. See how we go at Everton and Chrissy [Chris Hughton, assistant manager] can do it, someone else can do it. Don't trust any of yous. I will pick two local papers and speak to them and the rest can f**k off. I ain't coming up here to have the piss taken out of me. I have a million pages of crap that has been written about me. I'm ridiculed for no reason. I'm defenceless. I can't get a point in, I can't say nothing, I can't do nothing, but I ain't going to be negative. Then, half of you, most of you are trying to get into the players. I'm not going to tell you what the players think of you, so then you try and get into them in some way or another, so I've got a split camp or something like that, something like that. It's ongoing. It just doesn't stop.

Journalist It's only been a week.

JK Exactly. It feels more like a year.

Journalist It's early days for you to be like this.

JK No, I'm clearing the air. And this is the last time I'm going to speak to you. You want to know why, I'm telling you. This is the last time. You can do what you like.

Journalist But this isn't going to do you or us any good.

JK I'll speak to the supporters. I'm going to tell them what the story is. I'm going to tell them. I don't think they'll interpret it any different, I don't think they'll mix it up, I don't think they'll miss out things. I mean, one of them last week said to me ... I was talking about in that press conference where you were there, I said something like "Well, that's a load of bollocks ..."

Journalist "Bollocks to that" is what you said.

JK Bollocks to that. And what goes after that?

Journalist That was it.

JK No it wasn't, no it wasn't. What was after it? I don't know if it was your paper, but what went after it?

Journalist I don't know.

JK It even had the cheek to say "bollocks to Newcastle".

Journalist I didn't write that.

JK That was my first f**king day. What does that tell you? What does that tell you?

Journalist Where was that? Which paper said that?

JK I've got it. I can't remember. It was one of the Sundays, not a Saturday. It was a Sunday.

Journalist But you didn't say that to the Sundays, you said that to us. That was during the Monday press conference.

JK I'll bring it in and show it to you. Why would I want to say that?

Journalist Are you saying that someone has reported you saying "bollocks to Newcastle?"

JK Yes. Lovely.

Journalist I don't know who's reported that.

JK I'll tell you what, I'll bring it in.

Journalist That's obviously going to damage you. That's not a good thing. But I don't think someone's done that. We have to have some sort of relationship with you.

JK So have I. But I haven't come in here for you lot to take the piss out of me. And if I'm not flavour of the month for you, it don't f**king bother me. I've got a job to do. And I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. I'm not going to spend any more time listening to any crap or reading any crap. Stick to the truth and the facts. And don't twist anything.

Journalist You know, you know the game ...

JK Of course I know, but I don't have to like it.

Journalist Today we'll print the absolute truth, that you think we're c**ts, we can all f**k off and we're slimy. Is that fair enough?

JK Do it. Fine. f**king print it. Am I going to worry about it? Put in also that it'll be the last time I see you. Put that in as well. Good. Do it.

Much, much later after long discussions over whether Kinnear had promised Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan would be returning to the club

Press officer Let's get on to football. Let's have an agreement that everything said so far, if anyone has got their tapes on, it's wiped off and we're not discussing it.

Journalist But that's what Joe has said he thinks of us.

Press officer I'm saying don't push it. Let's accept what's been said and try and move on.

Journalist: Move on to not doing any more press conferences?

PO: No, to doing something now.

Journalist: What, one press conference only?

(Silence)

Journalist: Any knocks?

PO: Come on, let's go football.

Journalist: What are your plans for training in the next three days? How's the training going?

JK It's going very well. No problems at all.

Journalist Enjoyed getting back in the swing of things?

JK Absolutely. I've loved every moment of it.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Kinnear is a LEGEND!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:34:21 AM »
SM, is this genuine?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »
Man, I was now coming to start a Newcastle Forever! thread.

The opening lines are priceless
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:46:10 AM »
 :rotfl:     classic.

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a c**t.

SB Thank you.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »
SM, is this genuine?

Yea, i think this is the non broadcast, interview with the assembled press, where ppl like Adebayor say a whole load of shit and then when it's reported, say the print journalists misquoted them.

One of the journalists audio taped it though
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 08:13:15 AM »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
Sigh...I glad I could support from a distance. It must be real hard to be living in that town right now and supporting your team with all your heart and exposed to this shite everyday.

I mean, living with Jack has taught me the stress of supporting a team when the admin just like to eff u over everyday...but i think the Toon have it worse...is just one load of crap to the next.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »
Reminds me of Sir Alex Fergusons 'Yous are fu*king idiots' rant at a press conference in '02...

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 12:06:38 PM »
Well it on news now, Channel 4. They have a doctored pic of his face talking (mouth moving, eyes blinking) and all yuh hearing is bleep, bleep, bleep... ha ha ha! I love football!

Also, when I read this in work today ah nearly dead! Ah had to try meh best not to laugh out hard. Meh face turn red, all meh ears bright red. Ah get f*cking chest pains trying not to laugh out.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Check out this link, the top 10 foul-mouthed football bosses outbursts: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/10/03/when-managers-go-mad-the-top-10-foul-mouthed-outbursts-from-football-bosses-115875-20767205/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:47:11 PM by redtrinigirl »
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 01:20:13 PM »
Was watching the three stooges on Fox soccer report this morning and Bobby McMahon was saying dat is a normal ting in de EPL.  It jes now get coverage.  He say it make him look like a bigger a$$ too...

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »
Yeah, out of that top ten outbursts listed in the link above, de Neil Warnock and de Leyton Orient manager outbursts was de best! Neil Warnock tell ah defender when de goal score (against them) he was out in f*cking Latvia, fuss he was marking de man poorly. Classic. :rotfl:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 05:42:35 PM »
Yep its real look it in the guardian as well http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/03/newcastleunited.premierleague

Thanks for the link  superoli. I must say, I'm surprised that the Guardian actually printed the obscenities.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 03:09:34 AM »
This article mentions some other examples of managerial meltdowns not included in RTG's Top 10 (aside from Fergie).

Kinnear tirade follows in the finest traditions

Date: 04 October 2008
By ian rodgers
Interim Newcastle manager unleashes torrent of abuse

INTERIM Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear launched into a torrent of X-rated abuse at reporters ahead of his first game in charge, cursing myriad times in a tirade that was the talk of football ahead of this weekend's fixtures.

The 61-year-old former Wimbledon manager tore into reporters from the daily papers at the news conference ahead of tomorrow's Premier League game against Everton.

Out of football management for four years, Kinnear believed they had ridiculed him after he showed up at the training ground and none of the first-team players were there. Thursday's news conference became a full-scale argument filled with swear words – 52 of them – according to reporters who were there and who recorded the exchange.

Kinnear accused them of undermining his position, even though he has not yet taken charge of the team in a game.

Kinnear, a former Tottenham and Ireland defender, said he is being ridiculed by the media.

"You are out of order. Absolutely f****** out of order," he told one reporter. "If you do it again, I am telling you, you can f*** off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that f****** crap. No f****** way, lies. F***, you're saying I turned up and they (Newcastle's players] f***** off."

"I will stand up and fight for myself in any corner. You're not going to frighten me in any manner," Kinnear told them in one of his few sentences not sprinkled with obscenities.

"Whatever you do, or whatever headlines you run, you're not going to embarrass me. I'm not going to stand for it. I've come up here for a simple chance to prove myself. Get off my back and let me get on with my job. That's all I ask."

As managerial outbursts go, Kinnear's was a prize-winner. Many go unreported because they take place behind closed doors, but Scotsman Sport has put together a selection of famous – and infamous – rollickings.

ALEX FERGUSON (Man United)
Sir Alex is not a man to take lightly towards his detractors, although no-one could ever say it has affected adversely his ability to do the job. The Scot has, on several occasions, berated the Fourth Estate for deeds he has considered unjust.

However, the apex of Ferguson's love-hate relationship with the media came in 2002 when his big-money signing of Argentina international Juan Sebastian Veron had failed to pay off as Manchester United headed towards their first trophyless season in four years.

Ferguson's notorious hackles were raised by the suggestion and his response was blunt: "He's a f****** great player. Youse are all f****** idiots."

The reporters were then told to leave the press conference room in no uncertain terms. A year later, Veron was on his way to Chelsea for half the £28.1million Ferguson had paid to take him to Old Trafford.

RON ATKINSON (Coventry)

Atkinson had enough experience to recognise the importance of playing the media game – being as helpful and friendly as possible, where possible. But that outlook dissipated when the then Coventry City manager was interviewed by Sky Sports following a Monday night defeat by relegation rivals Southampton in 1996.

Previously, Sky analyst Andy Gray had worked as number two to Atkinson at Aston Villa making what happened next all the more remarkable.

The loss at The Dell had placed a question mark over the Sky Blues' presence in the top flight, a position which Gray remarked upon to Atkinson.

However, instead of batting away the comment, 'Big Ron' lost the plot saying: "I'm sorry...you can sit there and play with all your silly machines. If the boys play badly I'll whip 'em, but I ain't whipping them for that. Who was the man of the match by the way?"

Presenter Richard Keys confirmed Southampton goalkeeper Dave Beasant had earned the accolade to which Atkinson responded: "So we must have played not bad then. Thanks lads, goodnight."

Atkinson then tore off his headphones and stormed off. City stayed up but Atkinson left in November 1996.

WALTER SMITH (Rangers)

In the wake of a disappointing start to France international defender Basile Boli's Rangers career, reporter Chick Young spoke with Rangers manager Walter Smith in the Ibrox tunnel.

Young's questioning was a little guarded to begin with as he skirted the issue before asking whether some players were good enough to play at the highest level.

Smith, clearly infuriated at the suggestion, rounded on the reporter and proffered a phrase – acronym FFS – which immediately rendered the interview unbroadcastable.

Sensing this, Smith launched a verbal attack on Young which included several four-letter expletives. The contribution of assistant manager Archie Knox towards the end of the interview is as hilarious as it is unexpected.

The interview can still be viewed on youtube.

STEVE McCLAREN (England)

Not content with being second choice to Luiz Felipe Scolari and presiding over one of the worst England qualifying tournaments in recent memory, Steve McClaren then decided to take out his frustration on the media – not the smartest of moves for any ambitious manager.

England had failed to set the world alight in Barcelona as they laboured to a 3-0 win over minnows Andorra in the Euro 2008 campaign last year.

However, it was only in the post-match interview where McClaren threw his toys out of the pram.

After answering only a smattering of questions, the England head coach decided enough was enough, saying: "Gentlemen, if you want to write whatever you want to write, you can write it because that is all I am going to say. Thank you", and stormed off the platform provided for the press conference. The English media reported the interview the following day and, with supporters already unconvinced by McClaren as national manager, further calls for his departure ensued before he was eventually sacked when England failed to qualify for the finals in Austria and Switzerland.

JIM McLEAN (Dundee United)

The most outrageous interview of all time in Scottish football.

In October 2000, Dundee United manager Alex Smith was under pressure after a poor run of results after he succeeded Paul Sturrock the previous August.

When Hearts arrived at Tannadice on Saturday, 14 October, little did anyone know what would happen later.

The Tynecastle side claimed a 4-0 win on the day prompting some United supporters to vent their feelings after the game.

However, inside the stadium, an interview between former Tannadice manager and then chairman, McLean, and BBC reporter, John Barnes, was about to unfold.

As Barnes began to ask about the future of Smith at the club – a subject McLean had apparently said he considered to be out of bounds – McLean became incensed and moved out of shot towards the reporter. There followed what sounded like a scuffle and several expletives.

McLean resigned his position just hours after the incident.

BACKGROUND

THE arrival of Joe Kinnear at Newcastle United was greeted with little warmth by the club's supporters.

The former Wimbledon manager was brought in on a temporary basis – until the end of this month – by club owner Mike Ashley in the wake of Kevin Keegan's shock departure.

However, while Kinnear was indulging in his slanging match with the media, the prospective new owners of Newcastle were making moves to bring back fans' favourite, Keegan.

And South African businessman Jonathan Cleland is confident he can persuade the former England striker to return if his consortium is successful in buying the club.

The 46-year-old Scotland-based tycoon has confirmed he held talks with Keegan in Manchester on Monday evening, and was hugely impressed with him. Cleland revealed he is "80 per cent confident" of being able to push through a deal, but admitted he is not yet in a position to make any promises to the supporters.

He said: "My meeting with Kevin went very well. I am hugely impressed with him and I got the sense there was good chemistry between us and there is a strong mutual interest in working together. He is our preferred option, but we cannot make any concrete decisions on the managerial position until negotiations on our planned takeover are further advanced."

Cleland's public statement confirms speculation over the last week or so that Keegan could make a sensational return to St James' Park following his resignation last month. However, there is still a long way to go until the South African consortium – or indeed any other potential buyer – can appoint a manager.

Cleland and his partners claim to have lodged a bid for the club with investment bankers Seymour Pierce, who have been appointed by owner Ashley to sell it.

They and other interested parties have been asked to sign a confidentiality clause, although it is understood their offer is in the region of £300million.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:11:45 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>