April 30, 2024, 09:48:17 PM

Author Topic: Carlos vs Swansea  (Read 1878 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Carlos vs Swansea
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
I trying to get some info as to how well carlos played in is debut for wolves.  I have read so many reports but none of them mentioned anyting other than the fact that he made his debut for wolves. 

I am curious to know if he showed some good touches or if he is still struggling with his confidence.  I dont excpect him to get confident after one game, but at least he should show some signs of hope!1

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Carlos vs Swansea
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »
Based on what I've read on Wolves message board, same old same old. Worked hard, ran a lot, tracked back but... avoided tackles, didn't take on defenders, made no kinda impact going forward, anonymous. I'd give him the benefit of being with a new team for now.

http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33994

C.Edwards - Poor. No passion. Running to close down men, yes. However shirked out of challenges and offered nothing going forward. Seemed to give up 2nd half. 5

http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33993

* Carlos Edwards - Annonymous!

Edwards was anonymous i agree...never wanted to attack.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:53:15 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »
Based on what I've read on Wolves message board, same old same old. Worked hard, ran a lot, tracked back but... avoided tackles, didn't take on defenders, made no kinda impact going forward, anonymous. I'd give him the benefit of being with a new team for now.

C.Edwards - Poor. No passion. Running to close down men, yes. However shirked out of challenges and offered nothing going forward. Seemed to give up 2nd half. 5

this comment is the biggest concern to me. this tells me that his injuries are still on his mind and affecting his aggressive play on the field.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 02:21:46 PM »

this comment is the biggest concern to me. this tells me that his injuries are still on his mind and affecting his aggressive play on the field.

I kinda of understand his position. I dealt with the same injury, an as a player it took me awhile to get back to playing with confidence. After those type injuries you feel like if you go in a hard tackle, or even if you hold onto the ball to long, someone will hit you and the same injury may occur. I wonder if they included mental counseling fuh players after such injuries. Wake up Carlos…Wake up!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:47:39 PM »
Hmmm .... he still struggling mentally

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:25:46 PM »

It not easy to come back from dem kinda injuries.

But if he wants to resurrect his career, he's going to have to and make up his mind that if it happen again, it happen.  Right now, he have nutting to lose because if he continue dis way, he going right back down to de likes of Wrexham etc same speed as he came up.  Is not like Carlos eh know dese tings and is not like he not tryin he absolute bess.  Psychological injuries tough to deal wit.

Dat said, professional sports is not a forgiving business.  Is de ultimate "what have you done for me lately" profession.  Keane must be REALLY like him and respect him because other managers woulda done discard him arready.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
Keane must be REALLY like him and respect him because other managers woulda done discard him arready.
He is the main reason they are in the Premiership today and not a mid-table Championship team. Keane turned their losing season around, but Carlos helped shoot it into the stratosphere. The big money they spending now came with promotion.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »
Keane must be REALLY like him and respect him because other managers woulda done discard him arready.
He is the main reason they are in the Premiership today and not a mid-table Championship team. Keane turned their losing season around, but Carlos helped shoot it into the stratosphere. The big money they spending now came with promotion.

that's true but football manager's memories are very short , especially as their necks are always on the line. Carlos was really given a bligh here... there were no suitors for his contract.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 06:19:24 PM »

It not easy to come back from dem kinda injuries.

But if he wants to resurrect his career, he's going to have to and make up his mind that if it happen again, it happen.  Right now, he have nutting to lose because if he continue dis way, he going right back down to de likes of Wrexham etc same speed as he came up.  Is not like Carlos eh know dese tings and is not like he not tryin he absolute bess.  Psychological injuries tough to deal wit.

Dat said, professional sports is not a forgiving business.  Is de ultimate "what have you done for me lately" profession.  Keane must be REALLY like him and respect him because other managers woulda done discard him arready.

Palos you're very right .... I just hope he could pick himself up ...actually I feel with this little trip with the national team with the big guns back now that might help his confidence ...against the USA he kinda had it all to do by himself but the pressure off him now he can pick his game up ....It is going on the 6th week since I dislocated my shoulder and I now start back doing pushups and I concentrating on every one ...so I know how he feeling

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »
I know he ain't a striker but I feel he need a goal. A good goal. Maybe two.

1]; } ?>