April 24, 2024, 06:44:44 AM

Author Topic: Maturana Limits Latapy.  (Read 9610 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana Limits Latapy.
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »
Maturana is fed up and wants to get fired....he knows he's in his last days before he gets the axe....he is tired of dealing with JW/TTFF et al...By not acknowledging Latas as part of the coaching staff, Maturana is just trying to get the process of JW firing him moved along....
Warrior For Life !!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »
Knowing how Jack and TTFF does move, I wouldn't be surprised if Latapy's appointment as Assistant Coach wasn't discussed with him or the technical staff beforehand.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "Assistant Coach" thing wasn't just a cosmetic scene to cover up de fact dat de reason Latas was asked to return was solely as a player.  Dey knew dat would provoke a setta ole talk so "VOILA!"...Assistant Coach / player title.

It also shows dat Maturana did not pick dis team (as most people know) and he jes ridin out he time.

Dat said...I doh give de man wrong fuh refusin to be a puppet.  Jack publicly castrate him and basically it seem like he jes waitin to get paid before ridin out.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »
Lincoln Phillips making statements in public interview bout how Latas have to help more as a player than as a coach and allyuh thinking this wasn't discussed before. Everybody in de setup know Latas was packing he bags to come here as " assistant coach/player ". How nobody ent speak bout it before then? If Lincoln know and acknowledge it in public, how de fack Maturana ent know? Dem people fighting dey behind de scenes wars and using de dotish comments to de media as dey weapons. All we could do is see what happens from here, how Latas react and perform, and what decisions Jackula make cause no way Maturana resigning and leaving money on de table. Is ah facking shame ah tell yuh, but it ain't have 1 pony in that circus that doh know what de real scene is and could say dey didn't have a chance to address dey concerns before it come out in de media   >:(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:52:44 AM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »
I started a thread about this and was lambasted by many including the aptly named assrancid.  It's sad to say i told you so.  But i told you so.  I smile now at some of the comments I am seeing.  You didn't have to be Nostradamus. This was entirely forseeable.  I blame those on this board who cling to maudlin sentiment that a 40 year old, however talented in the past, is the answer.  We really do get what we deserve.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
corneal pull rank and upset latas asst job, maturana isnt the only one at play here

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 11:38:08 AM »
Deja Vu.

Seems like every time Jack offer Latapy a player/assistant coach role he does forget to inform the coach.

Matters little  to Jack as both this time and last time (with Don Leo) he get the public to rejoice and get Latas to come out of retirement.

Misssion Accomplished.
exactly, look how long he quiet down the "fire pacho" bandwagon.
baaaa

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
If Latapy was coming as an Asisstant coach , What input in planning and strategising did he have before he landed at Piarco ?

A "coach" dont just show up two days before a game !!

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
corneal pull rank and upset latas asst job, maturana isnt the only one at play here

Yet another point the finger somewhere else person...

I suggest that whiile this statement from Pancho does not surprise the more informed ...we try to get some facts before laying accusation and blame... the one fact I know is that Jack offered Latas the job and it was not discussed (fully) with the current (head) coach. Another fact I know is that Latas will meet with Pancho to discuss his role in detail and of course how best can he help the team moving forward.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 12:09:56 PM »
If he sooooooooooo upset I sure I could find him a flight back 2 Colombia. We all know JW is a manipulative TTT. That being said what d dumbtist have 2 loose by givin Latas a hearin on tactics esp since he eh know d word in spanish or english.

Everybody know dis would have happened
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:09 PM »
Man I jess glad Latas here.  Let Matu do he job.  Man complain how he wasn't pickin the right team.  Ok, well now Jack pick the team.  What more allyuh want.  At least we have an uncle that could still offord to geh we some presents before Christmas.  We have a strong team now.  Let's see what will happen next.

Hard question?  When we win in Guat, who taking the credit?  Coach or players?    If we lorse or draw who taking the blame?  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »
I started a thread about this and was lambasted by many including the aptly named assrancid.  It's sad to say i told you so.  But i told you so.  I smile now at some of the comments I am seeing.  You didn't have to be Nostradamus. This was entirely forseeable.  I blame those on this board who cling to maudlin sentiment that a 40 year old, however talented in the past, is the answer.  We really do get what we deserve.

Damn PEG yuh hittin dem hard... 8)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
If Latapy was coming as an Asisstant coach , What input in planning and strategising did he have before he landed at Piarco ?

A "coach" dont just show up two days before a game !!
exactamundo mi pardnano..........if dis was a serious position dat Latas was assuming he woulda been here b4 dat press release was official........ah said dis ever since d news break......why his presence wasnt immediately established

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
Ah dun tell allyuh that all de people involved ( Latas, Mats, Anton, Lincoln, Jack, Camps) know wha going on. Is only we arguing bout who know what. Let we just get we popcorn and babash ready and relax and take in this soap opera dem fellas acting out for we. Yuh think Latas stupid to think that he landing Tuesday to coach de side and make decision for Wed and Saturday? All dem playing dey cards and seeing how things go, and who go end up smelling like roses or de Labasse
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »
ok question:
to get a coaching Ticket does a person have to have so many games as an assistant coach?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:09:07 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2008, 01:55:29 PM »
ok question:
to get a coaching Ticket does a person have to have so many games as an assistant coach?

yeah. yuh have to win the fantasy league too.................
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »
Jack Hire Latas as coach and Maturana dont even know what going on, he cannot even read english.

Fact is Jack is a master politician he will tell you want he has to get what he wants.

Jack tell Latas come and Play/coach because he know he want to coach but Jack want him to play.

sad but Ture

I am amazed these men let them selves be used over and over

I tired of the same thing over and over
I tired of the same thing over and over

Breds this thing is simple,i told you all this blacklisted situation is not over,our players have short memories i still want to know what Sancho fighting for.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »
Why is everybody jumping on Pacho for this situation?  I blame him for a lot of things but this one is not his fault.  This looks like just another one of Jack's manipulative tricks.  I say Pacho damn right for standing up in this situation.  How could Jack make a promise to Latapy without clearing approval from Pacho first.  The last time I checked he was still the head coach of the national team and he has every right to decide who he wants on his coaching staff.  If Pacho would like to know what Latapy's role is, then it means that Jack didn't discuss Latapy,s coaching role with Pacho first. If that is the case then it is just one more thing to add to the list of all the underhand, dishonest, unproffessional things he is known for doing.

We need to keep the issues separate here.  Just because we don't like Pacho as a coach shouldn't mean we blame him for things that are not his fault.  Blame him for player selection and tactics but in this case point the finger where it really belongs, on Jack Warner.

I read dis shit thread yesterday and start tuh respond... den say fuhget it.

Glad tuh see I not the only one (JDB, Touches, Coop's and a couple others hit the same point) with sense in here.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
Uh oh....dais mih initial reaction to the title ah dis thread....ah goh read and make mih posts later....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »
ok question:

yeah. yuh have to win the fantasy league too.................

If that is the case sign me up.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
perception, so often cultivated from the seeds of deception, are planted by the deceitful, to be fed to the gullible....but what's that saying again "fool me once...............................

deja vu anyone
I pity the fool....

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
Yuh know when ah first heard this rumor i said laters would never leave he comfot zone and come back to deal

with the Clown prince  and he bullshiters in the TTFF circus but the socawarriors pundits prove me rong .

But it seems as doh ah was rong to the fact that he would not come back and right that the clown was only

playin alyuh in he circus by givin alyuh front  row seat to his performance ,yuh know wah killin meh wid this

iz how he ketch the pundits because he know what alyuh want laters as coach of the TTFFcircus .If this wah

ah hearing is true , keane iz right this man iz realy ah CLOWN in truth. 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »
Like somebody said, I concerned about this crying wolf. When he is really being summoned to coach and lead uor troops he might understandibly refuse.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
Deja Vu.

Seems like every time Jack offer Latapy a player/assistant coach role he does forget to inform the coach.

Matters little  to Jack as both this time and last time (with Don Leo) he get the public to rejoice and get Latas to come out of retirement.

Misssion Accomplished.
exactly, look how long he quiet down the "fire pacho" bandwagon.
baaaa

Jack is the Master of "wagging the dog" when it comes to the TnT football public
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 07:20:58 PM »
       Stop fooling yourself Breds,Latas never had a job,how come we never heard what was going to happen to Anton,something just not sounding right.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2008, 07:34:46 PM »
       Stop fooling yourself Breds,Latas never had a job,how come we never heard what was going to happen to Anton,something just not sounding right.

A-ha! I was wondering that myself Coops.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »
       Stop fooling yourself Breds,Latas never had a job,how come we never heard what was going to happen to Anton,
something just not sounding right.
Coop's, ya gave out ya password? ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2008, 07:43:20 PM »
Anyting does b right wit d TTFF?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
the magician is 40 years old of course he going to limit him, did people expect latas to run a full 90 mins ???

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2008, 10:30:10 AM »
I started a thread about this and was lambasted by many including the aptly named assrancid.  It's sad to say i told you so.  But i told you so.  I smile now at some of the comments I am seeing.  You didn't have to be Nostradamus. This was entirely forseeable.  I blame those on this board who cling to maudlin sentiment that a 40 year old, however talented in the past, is the answer.  We really do get what we deserve.

You must be on your period girl.

No one, especially me lady. will feel that Latapy is the answer to ALL our footballing woes, but in the short term he is certainly the saviour.  His arrival coincided with the return of MOST of the available team that took us to Germany.

He commands more respect and confidence from the core of the senior players than does Maturana.  He is iconic and the younger players look up to him.

If the re-emergence of Latapy of Latapy results in the BEST team taking the field, what more can anyone ask?

Anyone with a brain...that excludes you Peg!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »
the magician is 40 years old of course he going to limit him, did people expect latas to run a full 90 mins ???

Go back and read dred... the "limit" talk wasn't in reference to his minutes.

1]; } ?>