March 28, 2024, 11:44:46 AM

Author Topic: Sancho to NE Stars  (Read 11675 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho to NE Stars
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 04:21:52 PM »
All a we hope fuh de bess fuh ALL we players, but leh we face it......Brent is not a top class player. 

But Daniel is a world class left midfielder ent

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 04:32:55 PM »
So in d past 2 years Sancho has rapidly declined tuh d point dat he doh even deserve ah try-out wit d national team.........everybody who was blacklisted deserve ah chance tuh make d team besides Sancho......ah starting tuh tink dis forum is part ah TTFF bizzarro world

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
All a we hope fuh de bess fuh ALL we players, but leh we face it......Brent is not a top class player. 

MUCH more world class footballer than Brent Sancho
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:38:39 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 04:45:44 PM »

its all in the eye of the beholder, which central defender is better currently than brent?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
Welcome Controversial...u have plenty jabloteh fan company in here...hopefully you can give us more insight of whats going on in Jabloteh camp..cause de PFL stickin

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »
Welcome Controversial...u have plenty jabloteh fan company in here...hopefully you can give us more insight of whats going on in Jabloteh camp..cause de PFL stickin

well heres a little food for thought for all who are interested, the international audience may be seeing pfl games soon :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 05:02:10 PM »

its all in the eye of the beholder, which central defender is better currently than brent?

The 3 current one's.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 05:04:55 PM »

The 3 current one's.

curley, larry and mo? or tom, dick and harry?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »

well heres a little food for thought for all who are interested, the international audience may be seeing pfl games soon :beermug:

doh preach that here atall. we heard it all b4.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »
De way Brent goin, he might be playin Super League jes now.

Ting is....when dis move was first suggested as an option fuh Brent, real peeps here get on and say how he is a World Cup defender and he deserve to be in England etc.

All a we hope fuh de bess fuh ALL we players, but leh we face it......Brent is not a top class player.  He is a heart and soul man who will give his all every time and we love him fuh it....but it eh no coincidence dat he eh get a contrack overseas.  If Dog wasn't injured in Germany, Brent wouldn't a get a sniff wit de soca warriors eedah.  Of course....he perform to the best of he ability and dat is all we as fans can ask for.  Men sayin he better dan who we have now.  Me eh know bout dat and me eh know if Brent heself would say or feel so.

Good luck Brent in whatever yuh do.  We ALL grateful for the sacrifices you have made for T&T football.  Maybe one day we'll see yuh in National colours again.

Palos Sancho smarter, more technical and tactically, and physically equipped than any of our back 6 right now. Yes Lawrence in that too. Watch Lawrence vs Bahrain at the HCS, vs England at Home, watch carefully.

If sancho so good why he can't get a decent contract anywhere...the way things going with him, he might end up playing with San Juan or Naps in the SSFL.

How simple....there are many great players without contract. I never said the man was one of the best in the world, what I said is he better than who we have now. Lawrence positive is his height.

A lot of us just go with the tide, and do not really hold to a strong belief or idealogy of what is good and what is not. Imagine Akiel Edwards on the National team, so he must be good.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 05:16:34 PM »

The 3 current one's.

It could be patrick, bas, and winston.....dey still better than Sancho.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 07:54:31 PM »
All yuh does get on like all yuh does live wit Tatoo on Fantasy Is
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 12:31:57 AM »
Touches...drop ah smoke fuh meh nah

BM allyuh gone clear yes... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 07:37:22 AM »
Guys if you look at the situation with our national team it's like one big headache,it's one issue after another and there seems to be no end in sight,i would just like to mention a couple concerning players eg Stern"s captaincy/not being called,Birchall not called,Scotty called/on bench,KJ fit to play,Yorke and Carlos continuous problems with Sunderland/TTFF,Lawrence called/on bench,Latapy Player/Coach.

I don't think it's a Football issue the Federation have with Sancho,he has to understand he dug his grave with the association and they have written him off,they don't want to have to add that issue to what they already have at this stage,it seems we have more problems off the field than on it,how players functioning under these conditions amazes me,what state of mind are they in before,during and after the game.Players most affected by this are the locals and is more because of there inexperience to deal with big issues,they don't have any agendas and have to pay the price for it.     

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »
I agree with palos. 

While i understand that sancho was given a raw deal by the TTFF, i still feel that his abilities are being magnified on this site.  The fact that he has been to so many trials and not come out of any of them sucessfully has to mean someting. 

People here tend to have short memories.  They forget how many people were complaing on how Sancho was too quick to go to ground and stuff like that.

As palos said, the man would have been an "atiba charles" in the world cup if marvin andrews wasnt injured, but now people getting on like if he is our defensive saviour!!

Does anyone know what games he was involved in leading while in qualifying for 2006?

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 08:42:05 AM »
As palos said, the man would have been an "atiba charles" in the world cup if marvin andrews wasnt injured, but now people getting on like if he is our defensive saviour!!
Maybe so, but how many players have been called to step up to the plate and failed... Even though he might have been 2nd behind Marvin, when called up he did very well. Many players when given the opportunity, because of injury or whatever else, doh always step up..
I have not seen Brent play since the WC,so I cannot say he deserve to get pick based on 2006. If he get pick, I glad for him, but if he does not, then whoever is picked need to step up like Brent did in the WC.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 08:45:31 AM »
Does anyone know what games he was involved in leading while in qualifying for 2006?
Matches Played by Brent Sancho
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »
Sancho a WC player like all avialable WC players should have been invited 2 a camp 2 c what dey have 2 offer. If dey eh have nutten 2 offer then they would have been sent packing. Dat has not happen because of d pettiness of d association. D fact d has not not been able 2 find a club has nothin 2 do wit it. Hyland d 2nd comin has played unattached 4 mths.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 09:41:08 AM »
Well wah yuh go do?
after up is down....and once yuh in Jackula bad books....yuh hatta suck salt

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 09:47:45 AM »
Sancho a WC player like all avialable WC players should have been invited 2 a camp 2 c what dey have 2 offer. If dey eh have nutten 2 offer then they would have been sent packing. Dat has not happen because of d pettiness of d association. D fact d has not not been able 2 find a club has nothin 2 do wit it. Hyland d 2nd comin has played unattached 4 mths.
     Weary the difference between Sancho and Hyland is,Sancho played in the last WC,every Coach/Team know and saw him yet can't find a team to play on through a call up or trial,something just not adding up,who is Hyland?nobody knows,he have to be doing something for him to keep getting called up,team or no team,i don't know or have never seen this guy play but i'm just going with what my senses tells me.  

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »

The 3 current one's.

It could be patrick, bas, and winston.....dey still better than Sancho.

you meant to say manning, rowley and warner and somethng missing. But then you have to ask the question when was the last time these 3 individuals performed and I'm not referring to a sideshow.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2008, 01:23:35 PM »
i saw brent play while in atlanta and he looked very good. i think the move back home is a good one, to keep fit and in playing shape. silverbacks season is over and there isnt any transfer window between now and January, so its the right and smart thing to do all around.

i for one would love to see brent back in the team. he can only do better than the current crop of "defenders" we have now. good move for him all around! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2008, 05:28:27 PM »

:beermug: :beermug:

Also take into consderation what Sammo said earlier.

Sancho had to come off the bench in the WC and PERFORM. He did so admirably. He was NEVER out of his depth and marshalled his defense. I've seen many TT players never get a contract to just write him off so. Look at Whitley he get dissed by a league in Vietnam of all places, but the TT team wants him.

But I can only assume that those dissing Brent now, have actually SEEN him play this year.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2008, 09:34:53 PM »
Coops we know it have all kinda ah reason y man cyah get a team. He played wit Ross County at d end of last season so is not like he eh play wit nobody. We like 2 discard peeps real quick plus is not like d forward line where we have peeps at we disposal. At d game 2day Ince try he best not 2 cuss Hislop plus in d JP game Keyano play a pile but we have a WC central defender not even being call 2 camp utter nonesense

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »
Every time ah play de Nintendo DS...Sancho scoring 4qing own goal and T&T losing...steups.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2008, 11:58:25 PM »
Coops we know it have all kinda ah reason y man cyah get a team. He played wit Ross County at d end of last season so is not like he eh play wit nobody. We like 2 discard peeps real quick plus is not like d forward line where we have peeps at we disposal. At d game 2day Ince try he best not 2 cuss Hislop plus in d JP game Keyano play a pile but we have a WC central defender not even being call 2 camp utter nonesense

How come ah doh hear a peep from you, not once, demandin a return fuh Ian Cox?  Or Atiba Charles?  Like dem wasn't WC defenders too. Cox still playin in de English Leagues...de same Leagues dat reject Sancho.

Nobody sayin Brent shouldn't get an opportunity to train wit de team to show wha he have, but tryin to compare he and Hyland situations doh fly.  Is 2 very different scenarios.  And Brent is no sure pick fuh dis team IMO.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:13:39 AM by palos »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2008, 12:30:01 AM »
Palos u know dat nobody is a sure pick as 4 Cox and Charles dem was squad players neva kick a ball in d WC and was very low down d peckin order. Unattach means unattach whether u unattach because is some nonesense dat Jabloteh did. Nobody say give Sancho a spot on d team but d defence has and still is we weakest part of our game. Hislop and d lesser extend Thomas eh ready saw both ah dem at d HCS yday.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 12:37:38 AM »
Palos u know dat nobody is a sure pick as 4 Cox and Charles dem was squad players neva kick a ball in d WC and was very low down d peckin order. Unattach means unattach whether u unattach because is some nonesense dat Jabloteh did. Nobody say give Sancho a spot on d team but d defence has and still is we weakest part of our game. Hislop and d lesser extend Thomas eh ready saw both ah dem at d HCS yday.

I respeck yuh opinion but we go agree to disagree on de Sancho issue.  Ah go jes say dat unattached in DIS situation is NOT unattached.

Hyland unattached because there is a team that wants him and he doesn't want to jeopardise his chances of signing with that team.  A team that just happenns to be an EPL team.

Sancho was unattached because no matter where he went in England or Scotland or Wales, nobody wanted him badly enough to sign him.

Daz 2 completely different kinda unattached.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2008, 12:43:07 AM »
U know I was just goin 2 say leh we agree 2 disagree on dis 1 but d unattach mean none ah dem was playin regular ball and dat was d reason y Sancho was not selected.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »
Its official

Sancho joins North East Stars

Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup defender Brent Sancho is back in Trinidad to play after five years in the UK and has joined Sangre Grande-based Economy North East Stars for the remainder of the 2008 T&T Pro League season.

The 31-year-old former Sancho is no stranger to the local League, having previously played for San Juan Jabloteh and Joe Public.

Club owner Daryl Mahabir confirmed adding the drealocked defender to his roster this week, saying he is delighted to recruit a player of such stature for his club.

"We always believe in giving players the opportunity to play at our club," said Mahabir, referring to Sancho, who has struggled to settle at a British club following the World Cup two years ago in Germany.

Sancho, who played in the Scottish Premier League with Dundee United and with English League One club Gillingham, also represented Millwall FC and Scottish Division Two club Ross County before joining USL (United Soccer Leagues) club Atlanta Silverbacks earlier this year.

Silverbacks is also the former club of North East Stars' players Anthony Wolfe and Kevin Jeffrey, who had an input in Mahabir's decision to hire Sancho.

"We at North East Stars believe it's in our best interest to add high-profile names to our structure like we did with Jerron Nixon, former coach Everald "Gally" Cummings, Kendall Velox and present player Anthony Wolfe," said Mahabir.

"And with our latest addition, Brent Sancho, we can expect improvement in our team.

"We think that his presence will add confidence to the rest of players to go out and actually win some sort of pride this season," he added.

Sancho has signed with the Stars for the remainder of the 2008 campaign and, as Mahabir explained, the door is wide open for the 2009 season.

"His agent, Heather McKenzie, belives that there are opportunities for him abroad in 2009, but I can say that at North East Stars we are willing to keep him on for the next season," confirmed the North East Stars owner.

Sancho, victim of the infamous hair pulling by England's Peter Crouch before the lanky striker scored his team's second goal in the 2006 World Cup Group match, has not played for Trinidad and Tobago since their appearance in Germany.

He was among the national players involved in a dispute with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation over payment of bonuses from money generated by T&T qualifying for the 2006 World Cup.

Most of the players have returned to the national fold since then, except Sancho.

trinidadexpress

1]; } ?>