March 28, 2024, 10:47:40 AM

Author Topic: National team training session Tuesday 7th Oct  (Read 4518 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
National team training session Tuesday 7th Oct
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »
yea...me and small mag went to check de session today at HCS at 430 pm...
sadly i had to leave at 515 pm because i had a match at the Oval in the 8 a side tournament (1-1)

so in that 45 mins...we watch dem come out and warm up under Jorge Luis...the keepers with brow.
noticed Lawrence and Scotland absent...( your guess with Lawrence is as good as mine)

Stern did some jogging on his own....kenwyne in de full mix...looking sharp actually...

Stern joined in on a two touch drill with all involved..including Tanna ( anton)...
For all who want to know...maturana stood in the middle of the pitch looking on or talking to some other person...which dont mean he not involved....I say he set out the early part of the session beforehand  and it was handled first by Luis ( trainer) and then by Anton...

No russell latapy involement as far as coaching...dont know if that changed after i left ( I doubt)

I know allyuh think i only care about The Magician....but i eh go lie....de man have de drill looking special when ever he get the ball...real pores raising ting...and of all people trying to put pressure on him is Gyasi Joyce ( yes he dey training)...but Magico had joyce chasing shadows..and Akile edwards hit Latas a kinda rash looking challenge which caused some loud shouting by team mates...

which brings me to a point....Me and SM dicussed in de session...a lot of the local based players was real pushing it hard...of course playing for a pick...which is how it should be...also becuse they are around some senior players and 'Icons" if you will...which is what should have been happening the day after we played paraguay in the World Cup...we real waste time here...but is TnT...

ENJOY THE MOVIE
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: National team training session Tuesday 7th Oct
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
"Akile edwards hit Latas a kinda rash looking challenge which caused some loud shouting by team mates..."
he mad or wha? :devil:

Thanks Big and Small
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »
Come on Jack call up Kenwyne for Sat  :praying:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »
Arrow is a poison arrow u just send wit dat request. Lef KJ alone shoot an arrow prayin we reach d hex so he go b able 2 play then
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »
ent...he eh ready...but he getting there fast...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 08:20:29 PM »
As much as we all wished K. Jones was ready and available to represent T&T this weekend, I am especially glad to hear that he is looking sharp. Hopefully he is mentally and physically ready. This, in light of Carlos' tentative tackles and consequent dip in form.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:42:23 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »
"Akile edwards hit Latas a kinda rash looking challenge which caused some loud shouting by team mates..."
he mad or wha? :devil:

Thanks Big and Small

It was not a rash challenge, rude boy eh know better.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 12:03:01 AM »
Some more on what BM and SM saw earlier:

TT Express, Tuesday 8th October
Yorke looks ahead to Guatemala
Ian Prescott

"It's not that important...we all know that," Dwight Yorke said of today's friendly international against the Dominican Republic. "The important game is on Saturday."

Yorke was speaking following yesterday's practice session for the Trinidad and Tobago national team at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

T&T head coach Francisco Maturana is using today's game against the Dominican Republic at the same venue to give his players some on-the-field match practise ahead of the all-important World Cup qualifier away to Guatemala in three days' time.

Today's action features a double-header, the main event being Joe Public's CONCACAF Champions League return match against Group C leaders Montreal Impact. That game will be played from 8.11 p.m. and will be televised live on Fox Sports.

The T&T-Dominican Republic game kicks off at 5 p.m. Admission is $100 (uncovered stand) and $200 for covered stand tickets.

Yesterday, Yorke's only focus was Guatemala.

"That game (Guatemala) has become the vital one in the group stage because, obviously, there is a lot at stake. Who ever gets a good result will probably have a good chance of advancing to the next round...even though there are two other games to play," Yorke said.

"It seems that this is the game that will set the onset for the team that will probably qualify along with America."

Yorke also lauded the return of the "Little Magician", Russell Latapy, to the national team.

Latapy was enticed back to the T&T squad with the prospect of being a player-coach. But at yesterday's training session, he made no coaching input and instead simply held a player's role.

However, Yorke reminded the media of the great talent Latapy has been and believes that, even at 40, he still has a role with the national team.

"Russell is a person we love and respect and it's good to have him around here, especially for the young players to see how he operates...and maybe they can feed off him and maybe we can get some positive vibes...and maybe they can learn off him as well," said Yorke.

Yesterday's session saw the Soca Warriors going through a scrimmage among themselves. All except Swansea's Jason Scotland and lanky central defender Dennis Lawrence, who had not yet arrived in Trinidad from the UK.

Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones, recovering from injury, was in an especially jovial mood and scored a hat-trick, prompting one of his teammates to remark that for an injured player he was looking pretty sharp.

Jones, though, looked a few pounds overweight, but insists that it is all muscle.

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 12:38:06 AM »
Arrow is a poison arrow u just send wit dat request. Lef KJ alone shoot an arrow prayin we reach d hex so he go b able 2 play then

Preach On... Preach on....
Roy Keane look like he not holding a grudge so let us not ruffle he feathers.  Kenwayne for de Hex.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 04:53:35 AM »
Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones, recovering from injury, was in an especially jovial mood and scored a hat-trick, prompting one of his teammates to remark that for an injured player he was looking pretty sharp.

How much Stern, Roberts, Glen and Toussaint score?  He ready...bring back KJ NOW!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 05:27:55 AM »
de man have de drill looking special when ever he get the ball...real pores raising ting...and of all people trying to put pressure on him is Gyasi Joyce ( yes he dey training)...

Was Joyce called up to replace Julius James ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »
Some piks:

KJ

Dwight and Magico

Birchy and Los

Ince and Marvin

Unity

Pitch

Corner Flag lol

Allyuh Boy Anton

De Jackass himself

Myself(Wazza) and Stern

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »
Wha Stern doing wid dat big watch on he hand....Yuh see dem big boy ting is what ah does cyah deal with....Dem watch wha Nelly and 50 cents and dem does wear, he have on during ah training session...steuppes... I doh know nah, ah jes doh know

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »
Wha Stern doing wid dat big watch on he hand....Yuh see dem big boy ting is what ah does cyah deal with....Dem watch wha Nelly and 50 cents and dem does wear, he have on during ah training session...steuppes... I doh know nah, ah jes doh know

Ah nice lil small watch will have satisfied you eh?...of course Stern should not have preference..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:51:37 PM by Sando prince »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »

Ah nice lil small watch will have satisfied you eh?...of course Stern should not have preference..

Is not dat, is de principle behind it....jes now he goh want to wear big chain on de field like Dwayne Bravo

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »

Is not dat, is de principle behind it....jes now he goh want to wear big chain on de field like Dwayne Bravo

u ever see a national team train? ah watch aint doin nuttin breds
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »
Thanks for the pics small mag
Hart for president

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »

Thank you..some fellas does get carried away very easily..

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 02:29:29 PM »

Aye..I was kicksing breddah...Torte is was obvious

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 03:56:05 PM »
whey ah could buy dat training jersey?  ah still looking fuh d longsleeve white shirt from 2006 WC.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
Nice Picts Smalls
especially the last ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 04:36:14 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 09:37:37 PM »

Yuh lying!! yuh was serious !!yuh get ah lil opposition cold feet set in and yuh chickened out! stop eating foul bottom. there's no room in the world for the chickhen hearted, so grow some balls, and ah beard while yuh @ it. :devil: :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »
Nice pics luv d picture of d team note d word team not d fellas dumtist and chimunk throw 2gether
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »

Yuh lying!! yuh was serious !!yuh get ah lil opposition cold feet set in and yuh chickened out! stop eating foul bottom. there's no room in the world for the chickhen hearted, so grow some balls, and ah beard while yuh @ it. :devil: :devil:

nah.. kiffy is a Stern fan.....one of the hopeless :)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 02:33:18 AM »

nah.. kiffy is a Stern fan.....one of the hopeless :)
i kicksin too ! yuh eh see meh two devil laughin. :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 04:02:20 PM »
Training (Oct 13th):

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 04:22:03 PM »
Cool!!!!! The power of the internet!!!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »
like espn done run cables
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>