March 29, 2024, 07:16:37 AM

Author Topic: Martinez demands Trinidad treat Scotland right this time.  (Read 2542 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Martinez demands Trinidad treat Scotland right this time.
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:23:10 AM »
Martinez demands Trinidad treat Scotland right this time.
Swansea Evening Post.

Swansea City have been promised that Jason Scotland will play a part after the striker was called up for another round-the-world trip with Trinidad & Tobago.

Scotland told the Evening Post less than a fortnight ago that he was delighted not to be part of the T&T squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala this Saturday and the United States one week today.

Scotland claimed he had been treated ridiculously by his country after heading across the Atlantic last month despite not being fully fit and then sitting on the bench throughout two qualifying games.

Swansea's star frontman was not named in the party for the Soca Warriors' forthcoming fixtures, but he has been drafted in to cover for injured St Johnstone forward Collin Samuel and flew home yesterday.

The late call-up has not gone down particularly well with Roberto Martinez, who was frustrated that Scotland lost fitness in the last international break.

But Martinez has taken steps to ensure the 29-year-old returns in good condition this time around.

"We all know what happened last time Jason was called up," said the Swansea boss, "and it's important to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"I have spoken to the Trinidad & Tobago federation and we will be working closely together to monitor Jason's situation.

"They have guaranteed me that he will play some part, although I don't know whether it will be two minutes or two lots of 90 minutes.

"But they have guaranteed me he will play a role and that's good news because going all that way to sit on the bench for two games is just a waste of time.

"It is not only the games. We are also going to be on top of exactly what Jason does on the training ground.

"He can't miss out on certain things in this period and certain guidelines have been set out.

"We are working together to make sure the intensity is right for Jason and we're going to be getting a daily report on what he is doing."

T & T host the Dominican Republic in a friendly this evening but Scotland is unlikely to feature given his late summons.

It is in the competitive games where Martinez expects him to be involved.

The Spaniard blamed air miles for two below-par Scotland performances after his previous call-up, and is determined to avoid a repeat ahead of Swansea's game at Ipswich in 10 days' time.

"We are hoping Jason will come back ready mentally and physically to play and with a little extra confidence having done well for his country," Martinez added.

"We all want Jason to play as well as he did against Wolves on a consistent basis.

"That's his challenge and, when he goes on international trips, we need to make sure they are a help not a negative.

"We need to make sure he is treated the way he deserves to be treated."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:11:47 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Martinez demands Trinidad treat Scotland right this time
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:12 AM »
These managers and them making sure and protect their interests.......

Sunderland sent down a personal physio for Kenwyne while Swansea sent Scotland with a dietary and fitness regime so that he dont suffer too much with our low intensity training....lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Martinez demands Trinidad treat Scotland right this time.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:25 AM »
Dey doin what we doh do seekin we intrest
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Martinez demands Trinidad treat Scotland right this time
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
These managers and them making sure and protect their interests.......

Sunderland sent down a personal physio for Kenwyne while Swansea sent Scotland with a dietary and fitness regime so that he dont suffer too much with our low intensity training....lol

ah love it!!

thats sad, just now all de rest of overseas base players will start traveling with there clubs trainers cause they dont trust TTFF setup, can really blame them. If TTFF wont take care of players on international duties d club have to protect their investments.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
How TTFF could GUARANTEE a player who is not an automatic pick will get a run is beyond me.

Dat is dotishness.  Dem underminin de coach by doin dat and me eh care who de coach is or whether we or dem feel he incompetent.  If dey feel he incompetent, den fire him, but de selection of de team i.e. who plays should be the sole purview of the coaching staff.

Martinez outta order and de TTFF wuss fuh accomodatin dat bullshit.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
How TTFF could GUARANTEE a player who is not an automatic pick will get a run is beyond me.

Dat is dotishness.  Dem underminin de coach by doin dat and me eh care who de coach is or whether we or dem feel he incompetent.  If dey feel he incompetent, den fire him, but de selection of de team i.e. who plays should be the sole purview of the coaching staff.

fully agree with that...

i mighta understand if it was a friendly we talking about where the TTFF could say the man hadda get cap (like when other federations do when a player is undecided between countries or needs caps for work permits etc).

but most definitely not a world cup qualifier. the coach has to make that decision based on what he sees in training, what his system and tactics is and lastly depending on what actually goes on during the game.

suppose we're holding onto a 1-0 lead against the USA and stern and glenn are having the games of their lives. Does the coach have to sub on Scotland because the TTFF promised?? steups

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
just as long as he doh play like a shitsnake, we will treat him right sah, otherwise he could ride pine.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:02:53 AM »

What allyuh worried about?  Since when has the TTFF EVER come through on ANY promise they've ever made?  Obviously they just telling the player/club/coach what they want to hear to get the player released for these important 2 matches in case they need him.  And if Scotland doh get a sweat we will deal with the consequences later.

this is no different than telling Latas he coming down to coach and then when he reach he stuck running laps for Anton

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »

What allyuh worried about?  Since when has the TTFF EVER come through on ANY promise they've ever made?  Obviously they just telling the player/club/coach what they want to hear to get the player released for these important 2 matches in case they need him.  And if Scotland doh get a sweat we will deal with the consequences later.

this is no different than telling Latas he coming down to coach and then when he reach he stuck running laps for Anton

Yuh right... :beermug:

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:05:16 AM »
Doh think is really game minutes alone dey concerned about. Training sessions, diet, hours in ZEN etc are other considerations. Ah feel dey just wanted T & T to promise it not going to be a week of fete match activity for dey starboy
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 11:37:36 AM »
Scotty Reach.....!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »
Doh think is really game minutes alone dey concerned about. Training sessions, diet, hours in ZEN etc are other considerations. Ah feel dey just wanted T & T to promise it not going to be a week of fete match activity for dey starboy

As if dem have any control over dey players goin to Welsh nighclubs, after hours diets, and "other considerations".

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »
Stern and Roberts, when was the last time them score a goal to be selectedahead of Scotland?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »

I agree with both of you,since when the TTFF have to guarantee players playing time to get them,times really change,this going public/the media to gain selection/playing time screwing up our Football,the TTFF making promisses to get the players but the final decisions are with the Technical staff.  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 12:36:53 PM »
Stern and Roberts, when was the last time them score a goal to be selectedahead of Scotland?

When last Scotland score a goal for T&T?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »

Roberts scored recently for his club...and for T&T inthe return game against bermuda..how much games did he play for T&T since then?...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:47:14 PM by Sando prince »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »
Seems like de player with de best PR manager go get to play just now ! All you have to do is complain and threaten and you get pick. I wonder if that could work anywhere else ? ...ah wonder who robbing dis train ?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 12:45:56 PM »
LOL so now club mamagers  trying to put  pressure on national coaches to have their players sweat...Yuh think club managers will do that with countries like England, France, Brazil etc..Now i am not a big fan of our national coach or the TTFF..but no club manager should try and get in our coach game decisions..what if Stern and Glen or Stern and Roberts is playing very well in the game and should still remain in the game..then scotland will most likely sit on the bench for the whole game...Martinez cant say shite bout dat !

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »

Roberts scored recently for his club...and for the return game against bermuda..how much games did he play for T&T since then?...

So did Stern

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »

Roberts scored recently for his club...and for the return game against bermuda..how much games did he play for T&T since then?...

So did Stern

Thats right !!...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »

When last Scotland score a goal for T&T?

How much minutes have Scotland gotten compared to Stern and  Roberts?

Edit: 

DNP vs USA
Not Named vs Cuba
DNP vs Guatemala
DNP vs Bermuda return leg
Played vs Bermuda 1st leg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:38:49 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>