April 19, 2024, 11:42:33 AM

Author Topic: Barnes wants Molineux pair  (Read 4669 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barnes wants Molineux pair
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »
Barnes wants Molineux pair

Wolves duo Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Karl Henry have been targeted by Jamaica coach John Barnes for international calls.
The two could qualify for the Caribbean island’s national side through their parentage as Barnes sets about recruiting British-based players.
Ebanks-Blake is currently with the England under-21s, but the rules governing international appearances would still give the striker the opportunity to choose Jamaica for senior caps.
Birmingham City’s on-loan Arsenal man Quincy Owusu-Abeyie played for the Dutch age-group teams all the way up to Under-21 level before opting to switch to Ghana, the homeland of his parents, for senior level.
And Henry, who has been producing the best football of his career as Wolves’ midfield leader this season, has yet to play any type of international football.

Both players are being sounded out about the proposition which comes from a manager ever likely to turn to his long experience of English football to strengthen a squad which has under-achieved in modern times.
The idea is likely to be more attractive to Henry as Ebanks-Blake, who is still only 22, may yet harbour hopes of one day challenging for England senior honours.
Manager Mick McCarthy will have mixed feelings about the potential for representative football for Henry, one of his favourite Molineux players, at a time when he already has 11 men spread out across the globe for international duty.
McCarthy is more concerned they return fit and well after his resources have been strained by injuries.
That took the manager to Blackburn yesterday to watch a series of his fringe players and comeback duo Matt Murray and Mark Davies in the 1-1 draw.
“It was great to see Matt out there again getting an hour and the same for Mark Davies,” said McCarthy.
“Sylvan has joined up with England under-21s and they are taking a look at him and seem hopeful he might be able to be involved.”
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:19:43 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Barnes wants Molineux pair
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:22:04 AM »
since Bolt won Gold, jamaica stopped producing local footballers  ::)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
oh god.....ah cant break meh promise
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »
remember ah promise is ah fool's comfort....an ah eh take yuh for no fool

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:13:33 AM »
Allyuh stay dey. I wish we was exploring that many options.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »

:rotfl:  nice one bredda.  hold strong.
anybody ask why barnes ent play for jamdown yet?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »
Allyuh stay dey. I wish we was exploring that many options.

I am sure we have but we are not...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
CONCACAF: It's not war, says fearless Eriksson
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:59:50 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=580320&sec=worldcup2010&cc=3888

BUENOS AIRES, Oct 9 (Reuters) - Mexico coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has brushed aside fears of a physical battle in Saturday's World Cup qualifier away to Jamaica, saying his team are heading for a football match and not a war. 

Mexico have a 100 percent record in Group Two of the CONCACAF'S zone third stage and another win will send them through to next year's final phase with two matches to spare.

The United States, who host Cuba in Group One, and Costa Rica, who visit Suriname in Group Three, are in identical positions to the Mexicans as they also look to book their places early in other matches on Saturday.

The top two teams each group progress to the final stage of the marathon contest.

Mexico have often struggled on previous visits to the Caribbean, appearing intimidated by the physical prowess of sides such as Jamaica and Trinidad.

"It maybe a tough match and Jamaica maybe a tough team but I don't think we're scared of playing there," said Eriksson.

"I'm not going to send out a team of battlers, we are going to play football, we're not going for a war."

Jamaica, who have one point alongside Canada, go into the game under interim coach Theodore Whitmore after Brazilian Rene Simoes was sacked last month.

Former England international John Barnes will take over on a full time basis in November.

Honduras (six points) are favourites to follow Mexico through and are confident of taking a big step by beating Canada at home in San Pedro Sula, despite the absence of injured striker David Suazo.

The U.S. should have few problems against Cubans who have yet to muster a point and will be missing striker Roberto Linares, their topscorer in the competition with four goals, through suspension.

Guatemala and Trinidad & Tobago, level on four points, clash in the group's other game in Guatemala City.

Midfielder Russell Latapy, 40, trained with Trinidad this week amid uncertainty over his role. Latapy was reportedly to be hoping for a role as assistant to Francisco Maturana, but the Colombian poured cold water on his ambitions.

"This is my staff here," Maturana told the Trinidad Express. "I want to see Latapy on the field."

Stern John, Trinidad's record scorer with 69 goals, is hopeful of being fit and former Manchester United forward Dwight Yorke is also back in the squad.

Costa Rica striker Alvaro Saborio is set to return in Paramaribo after completing a two-match suspension and is likely to replace the injured Froylan Ledezma.

El Salvador, second in the group with six points, visit Haiti, who are level with Suriname on one point.

El Salvador, often accused by visiting teams of creating a hostile environment, were this time afraid of being on the receiving end.

"I hope we have a referee with personality and who is not frightened by the surroundings," said coach Carlos de los Cobos.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF: It's not war, says fearless Eriksson
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 08:02:24 AM »
I feel Jamaica could pull this one off.

Eriksson sounding like a typical european who doh know nuttin about football down here. He will be in for a shock when he see the field at the office and the hotel facilities.

He probably picturing Negril or Ocho Rios where he is vacation with his outside thing and figure Jamaica is a easy place to go and play.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:29:48 AM »
It was easy for TT when we draw 2-2 and should have won it in the end.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 09:08:36 AM »
Mexico have often struggled on previous visits to the Caribbean, appearing intimidated by the physical prowess of sides such as Jamaica and Trinidad.

WDMC?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 09:09:26 AM »
Since Big Mag under oath and can't say it I go fix up...

Jamrock - go in nice and hard like alyuh accustom.
By the time Mexico ready to play we in the hex, half of they team go be on crutches  :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »

WDMC?

One break foot and you typed for life, dread...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 09:12:43 AM »
I feel Jamaica could pull this one off.

Eriksson sounding like a typical european who doh know nuttin about football down here. He will be in for a shock when he see the field at the office and the hotel facilities.

He probably picturing Negril or Ocho Rios where he is vacation with his outside thing and figure Jamaica is a easy place to go and play.

feal ?????  Dread ,  Jamaica putting 3 on dem mexicans.. trus mi .. stadium will be ram pack .. watch and see how Jamaicans support there team unlike de waggonist dem innah Trinidad.. Mexico getting level licks . Big up all the True Soca warriors fans and not dem fackers who ram de stadium to see TNT Played bahrain..

war

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 09:19:45 AM »
honestly i think Jamrock going to either draw or win... unfortunately

maybe a little too late though...

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 11:23:45 AM »
honestly i think Jamrock going to either draw or win... unfortunately

maybe a little too late though...

SM a draw and Jamaica is out.. This is the biggest game of the tournament for them . And no better place than home. If Jamaica Draws they are out. Canada and Honduras is easy licks for dem in JA . This mexico side is the real test .. A drwa and JA coul end up wid 8 points. Honduras is notorious for shitting dung themselves. So Ja Still have a great Chance.
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 12:49:15 PM »
Nah man, JA could afford to draw this game and still be able to qualify, once they win the next two at home. It will be like our draw against Guatemala. Especially cause is really a 3 team league and Mexico qualify already so is the points against Canada and Honduras that really matter. Anything against mexico is a bonus...

Generally in these kinds of qualification, u could afford to drop points at home once u doh lose all your road games, and JA already have 1 pt from the road games.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »
not war???

thats why every side under he does play so
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »
Sorry guys Jamaica is not going to win...This game is just as important to Mexico as Jamaica..Mexico needs to win this game to complete their mission of qualification to the next round...Yeh another ole story bout "JA going to put two or three on dem and dis and dat"..and it never happens..and as for that statement bout Mexico struggling in the caribbean, well we all know thats a joke...they have lost in the Caribbean in the past but to say they have "struggled" is exaggerating
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:19:16 PM by Sando prince »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 01:18:53 PM »
Nah man, JA could afford to draw this game and still be able to qualify,

wrong...  if Honduras beats Canada in Honduras(expected) and Jamrock draw or loss then JA out

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
Mexico coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has brushed aside fears of a physical battle in Saturday's World Cup qualifier away to Jamaica, saying his team are heading for a football match and not a war. 

I really missed alot boy! When did he become the coach? and who is Man City's coach now?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 02:15:47 PM »
Mexico coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has brushed aside fears of a physical battle in Saturday's World Cup qualifier away to Jamaica, saying his team are heading for a football match and not a war. 

I really missed alot boy! When did he become the coach? and who is Man City's coach now?

LOL.. yuh was in ah fighter jet or ah coffin??

Ok so Sven is mexico coach and Mark Hughes is man city coach... Paul Ince replace Hughes as blackburn coach...

Simoes was jamaica coach, and they fire him after they get licks 2 games straight, and Whitmore and John Barnes is the coaches..

Mourinho coaching Inter Milan and Scolari coaching Chelsea.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 02:16:13 PM »

WTF!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Where you went? under a rock awa

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »
Nah man, JA could afford to draw this game and still be able to qualify,

wrong...  if Honduras beats Canada in Honduras(expected) and Jamrock draw or loss then JA out

Well that should tell you how little I care about what going on with Jamaica and their results.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »

WTF!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Where you went? under a rock awa
Thanks Omar, Small Mag doh laugh na boy! I really was not in the know for over 7mths, I only picked up a lil here and there once I hit up ah port. The blasted military channel only showing NFL football. Talk bout pressure for some real football. They did show the U.S games.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brawling Boyz! Fuller, Stewart brothers in training session 'punch-up'
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 06:11:49 AM »
Brawling Boyz!
Fuller, Stewart brothers in training session 'punch-up'

Friday, October 10, 2008

Jamaica's senior footballers exhibited their readiness for tomorrow's must-win CONCACAF World Cup Qualifier against Mexico with a 'fighting' display in front of a small, enthusiastic crowd, as well as head coach designate, John Barnes, at the National Stadium last night.

Less than 48 hours before that make-or-break match against the regional kingpins - who were scheduled to arrive in the island last night, the Boyz - in their last meaningful training session before tomorrow's 7:00 pm kick-off, had their spirited squad match interrupted for about 20 minutes after a brief fight between ace striker Ricardo Fuller and the Stewart brothers, Damion and Demar.

The trio came to blows and had to be parted by other members of the team. It all started when Demar, playing on the 'B' team, appeared to have offended Fuller with a hard tackle for the second time within a few minutes.

Heated words were exchanged and before long fists were thrown and big brother Damion, who was also playing on the 'B' team, came to the assistance of his brother Demar in the game being refereed by assistant coach Bradley Stewart.
Action was halted after Fuller walked off the field and indicated that he was finished.

However, head coach Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore and his technical staff squashed what could have erupted into a more unpleasant situation by quickly gathering the players in the centre of the field for an unplanned team meeting.

The game resumed with all players and at the end, Damion Stewart was seen holding Fuller's hand in what could have been a mending of fences.

One spectator was heard saying: "I love it. I love the passion I am seeing, if they play with this passion against the Mexicans, we should be okay."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 06:16:06 AM »
LOL

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 01:17:50 PM »

LOL.. yuh was in ah fighter jet or ah coffin??

Ok so Sven is mexico coach and Mark Hughes is man city coach... Paul Ince replace Hughes as blackburn coach...

Simoes was jamaica coach, and they fire him after they get licks 2 games straight, and Whitmore and John Barnes is the coaches..

Mourinho coaching Inter Milan and Scolari coaching Chelsea.

...and latapy ?  :devil:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 01:40:56 PM »
ah jess hear dey find Sven in a hotel room with Patra
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile