April 28, 2024, 06:19:06 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs DR  (Read 11755 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs DR
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »
mr controvesial

who is hardest playing for and when was his last game?

Why you all keep asking this question when the "blue eye baby" Hyland been on the team as a fixture.

Do you want to add Birchall also?..he's been on the team recently as well...same questions can be ask about him

You cannot, Birchall is/was with a team and even though he was not playing first team games he was with the reserves. Name Hyland team since June?

Hyland was unattached so he did not have a team, Roberts at one point was in the same category but they both consitently trained with the national team (and Hyland with Pompey).When last did Birchall play a reserve game for Coventry?....now come good with you answer cause you criticising one player and trying to defend another base on the same issue
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:27:50 PM by Sando prince »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2008, 06:22:24 PM »
My Lord and saviour Jesus Christ
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »

Thank God Daniel and Hyland are being given the chance, its sad to see Guerra not being given this chance by the Corneals, it makes you wonder what attacking player will fill Latapy's shoes when he finally decides to call it quits.

GUERRA got a raw deal  from pacho got picked then got dropped peltier get discarded funny THING   is rednapp wanted these guys  rednapp  went to the work permit hearing on peltier  TO TESTIFY that he is a good player and he was going to use him in his first team  maybe rednapp eh  know talent  :-\ ... celtic was impressed but they were injured  on trial there ... I do not support latapy as a player this time around time to go it alone with out him....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:52:39 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2008, 07:26:24 PM »
"On an interesting note, while we want to beat guatemala and ease the tension. A draw is not the end of the world, also a draw vs the USA and win vs CUBA will see us thru to the hex"

if Guatemala do the same thing ... it will come down to goal diff ...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »

Thank God Daniel and Hyland are being given the chance, its sad to see Guerra not being given this chance by the Corneals, it makes you wonder what attacking player will fill Latapy's shoes when he finally decides to call it quits.

GUERRA got a raw deal  from pacho got picked then got dropped peltier get discarded funny THING   is rednapp wanted these guys  rednapp  went to the work permit hearing on peltier  TO TESTIFY that he is a good player and he was going to use him in his first team  maybe rednapp eh  know talent  :-\ ... celtic was impressed but they were injured  on trial there ... I do not support latapy as a player this time around time to go it alone with out him....
I want to agree with yuh , but i just can't get on board fully. i'm in full support of the youths, but they must get some tuturing from the old stallwards like latas , dwight and tallest.

it was evident that the youths was totally out classed and rail roaded by seasoned blood in the eyes no nonsense teams like the brits and yanks, they need some time to flourish and learn from the battled tested crusty vets.

those youths are victims of jack warner's greed and arrogance, remember when he made his big boast saying how he would use the youths and ah few WC players for the campaign, and the rest were just too greedy selfish and old to carry on with the campaign.

the youths and the vets were supposed to gel in ah team setting and then make the transition, that's how it's normally done , but jack warner had other ideas which evidently blew up in his pie crust!

those youths were thrown off the deep end, and only hyland and daniel knew how to swim properly, just like dwight and latas as opposed to (clint marcelle) ( dexter sutton) ( clyde hutchingson) (sheldon brathwaite ) who were not thrown in , but they, didn't rise to the occasion like latas and yorkie.

BTW, i also opposed latas and yorkie's return , but if dem men don't run out we will not make the hex, them youths have game but they eh able with what's coming their way.

like i said they need more time in the oven, and thanx to jack , time is what we don't have to spare. LATAS AND YORKE HAVE TO PLAY IF WE WANT TO GO TO SA 2010, it's that simple, and lets keep our fingers crossed that latas take full controll of the coaching, so fellas like guerra and peltier could get ah bligh.

BTW, remember zidane had to come back and save france's WC campaign, and non ah dem young boys look anyway close to zidane's class on ah bad day.

look if latas still playing in scotland and does get he off and on sweat , why he can't play until he feel is time to stop! i say let the man play till he's 50 if he still fit and up to it.

latas could do more in 45 mins than anyone of our players could in 90..... well with the exception of daddy yorke, yuh know i eh talking bout you in this sentence, so hold tight general.                                            positive.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:07:56 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2008, 08:12:12 PM »
Trini2010..since most of our international players will most likely not play then i hope Guerra and Peltier get selected for that Caribbean tournament in Nov against St.Ktts, Guyana and Antigua...and if a local based team is what we going with in that tournament then players like Trent Noel and Norray who have been playing well for their clubs deserve a bligh

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »
Controversial ah see yuh point and where yuh going eh, but jed we beat dat topic like ah rented mule on dis site nuff time.....ideally we would have all we talented youth blooded from youth football into the senior team, but is TnT yuh talking bout....so bredda leh we get (and enjoy) de last ah we Latas (wid he big belly smoking self) and let dem fellahs wait dey turn....oh and by de way, how Jemmott come in dis?!?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
Trini2010..since most of our international players will most likely not play then i hope Guerra and Peltier get selected for that Caribbean tournament in Nov against St.Ktts, Guyana and Antigua...and if a local based team is what we going with in that tournament then players like Trent Noel and Norray who have been playing well for their clubs deserve a bligh

noray ? come on now!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »

noray ? come on now!!
Good point sando , and yuh know i forget to mention that in my previous post! yeh trini 2010, guerra and peltier go get ah bligh in the degicel tourney coming up in ah few weeks and that is ah ligit international tourney, so those caps will matter when considering work permit issues.                     positive.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:45:34 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:49 PM »

noray ? come on now!!

lol Yes ! based on his last couple games..yes he has not done anything spectacular but based on the other local based players  who are competing for national call ups,  he deserves a bligh..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:55:41 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »

noray ? come on now!!

lol Yes ! based on his last couple games..yes he has not done anything spectacular but based on the other local based players  who are competing for national call ups,  he deserves a bligh..

then digicel game would cout as cap cause they are quelfying matches i think lets cap some younger player please think long term

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »
Hyland was unattached so he did not have a team, Roberts at one point was in the same category but they both consitently trained with the national team (and Hyland with Pompey).When last did Birchall play a reserve game for Coventry?....now come good with you answer cause you criticising one player and trying to defend another base on the same issue

23rd of September, 2008
He also scored in their first game on the 2nd of September.

To put things in perspective, from January to April Birchall played 9 games (7 reserve, 1 League and 1 FA Cup) and 2 Reserve games in September for Coventry. You could add two natioal team caps before this match against the DR.
In that same time period, Hyland get 16 national team caps, and 7 of those come in the summer when the Championship was off season and Birchall was still brownlisted.

If you want to compare apples to apples, prior to these call ups
Hyland played one game in January, one in Feb, 2 in March and one in April, one in July and 3 in August.
Birchall played two in January (get injured in the 2nd), 3 in February, 2 in March, 3 in April, get call up in July, play Cuba in August, and play 2 in September

edit : and i ent think Guyana, Barbados, Grenada, Bermuda and Netherland Antilles have that much on championship reserves...

How long Hyland done training with Pompey (Reserves/Acadaemy)?

Roberts doh even belong in this discussion. He was unattached during the transfer window after a season of playing first team football in a top flight European league and played a grand total of 3 matches (for the NT) during that time.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:14:56 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2008, 09:21:12 PM »

noray ? come on now!!

then digicel game would cout as cap cause they are quelfying matches i think lets cap some younger player please think long term

breds i am all for capping younger players who deserves to be on the national team..and i understand the importance of  a playerpl being capped to play for a club in the UK..but that does NOT mean i will not support or encourage the decision for an older player (who is playing better than most of the younger players) to be on the national team because he has the adequate amount of caps for getting a contract or he had his chances in the past..Maybe you want to see a  selection of a full squad of youngsters who needs caps..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:54:14 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2008, 09:34:03 PM »
Midknight your last response answered my question about when Birchall last played for Coventry reserves..but keep in mind this is not about Birchall vs Hyland so i didnt bother to read all your comparisons..and will u do all that comparing with the league that Hyland is going to play in against the reserve league that Birchall is playing in?..I wont and i bet you wont cause we know the capabilities of different players presently..you got caught up easily in player vs player issue...So when Hyland starts playing in Belgium what would be the issue? lol..cant be because he has no club and cant be because he does not train regularly...Now if you believe Hyland should not have been called up simply because he was not with a club (and we all know its because of a work permit issue) then do you support the decision not to call up Sancho when he was unattached?..and dont give me any reasons based on what he did back in 2005 and 2006..cause then I can give you reasons for other players who played  during that period who definitley do not deserve a national call up now..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:52:27 PM by Sando prince »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2008, 10:00:04 PM »
All this garbage come out of Touches match report?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2008, 10:15:06 PM »

noray ? come on now!!

breds i am all for capping younger players who deserves to be on the national team..and i understand the importance of  a playerpl being capped to play for a club in the UK..but that does NOT mean i will not support or encourage the decision for an older player (who is playing better than most of the younger players) to be on the national team because he has the adequate amount of caps for getting a contract or he had his chances in the past..Maybe you want to see a  selection of a full squad of youngsters who needs caps..

but not players like noray getting a run ahead of them his time has passed

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2008, 10:23:07 PM »

noray ? come on now!!

but not players like noray getting a run ahead of them his time has passed

Pleaase explain to me when a player (who is playing better than other players in his league) time has passed for national selection?..honestly i will like to know about so called time passing..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »
Midknight your last response answered my question about when Birchall last played for Coventry reserves..but keep in mind this is not about Birchall vs Hyland so i didnt bother to read all your comparisons..and will u do all that comparing with the league that Hyland is going to play in against the reserve league that Birchall is playing in?..I wont and i bet you wont cause we know the capabilities of different players presently..you got caught up easily in player vs player issue...So when Hyland starts playing in Belgium what would be the issue? lol..cant be because he has no club and cant be because he does not train regularly...Now if you believe Hyland should not have been called up simply because he was not with a club (and we all know its because of a work permit issue) then do you support the decision not to call up Sancho when he was unattached?..and dont give me any reasons based on what he did back in 2005 and 2006..cause then I can give you reasons for other players who played  during that period who definitley do not deserve a national call up now..

I personally have never suggested that Sancho deserved to be called up during the time he was unattached. However, he wasn't unattached when he was at Millwall (December-January), nor at Ross County (April), nor since he is at Atlanta (August - September). May June July - nuff men future was in limbo as well
Note that I still ent saying he deserve a call up now eh...

The only "Issue" with Hyland was the rationale used to exclude certain players not being applied to him. The same Birchall who couldn't be picked because he wasn't playing for his club now seems to be our starting d-mid again, while still "not playing for his club". No comment on Glen, Lawrence, Yorke, Carlos at a certain period either.

The kid undoubtedly has talent, and better yet for him and us when he starts playing in waregem; no one would begrudge him. But the fact of the matter is men who was benching or playing RESERVE PFL ball was getting sweat on the NT, level right through.

BTW, I wasn't the one starting the comparison with Birchall. All I did was push open a door you unlocked.

Discussing this with you is like trying to catch a greased pig. Someone ask about Hyland, you mention Birchall. I compare Birchall to Hyland, you say not to get caught up in player comparisons, then bring up Sancho. IF I had choose to defend Sancho, you would start asking me about Kelvin Jack and Dog? If the goalposts keep moving, the defence must look good..
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2008, 11:25:23 PM »
Dem games in Nov will give d fringe players some opportunity 2 impress. Leh we c what side dey come up wit
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2008, 12:51:52 AM »

true kicker but i think, especially in de first half, this game would have been beneficial to them. scotland scoring early and often would boost him nicely, since he was kinda sour after his previous 2 call ups he didnt even play. also it was de first time the team playing with latas again..things like that i think they can take from the game as positives and build on that for saturday's game.

Fair enough- I'm sure there are positives to be taken away (at least I hope), but I'm not sure the U.S. or Mexico warms up against the D.R. or teams of that calibre- to me it doesn't make sense.  It just doesn't strike me as worthy preparation...When we step out onto the field in a competitive game and look like headless chickens for the first 15 mins, I think "warm up" games against hopeless units like the D.R. and Guyana and Barbados and all the other bush league mickey mouse teams that we've stooped to the level of have a lot to do with that....

Contrary to what others think. I think it was the perfect "WARM UP" We don't need no hard team to tired out our old legs 3 days before and no stupid injury. The side wasn't overly aggressive with hard tackles. But they were young and fast, like wild ants. Remember we going to play agianst a fast central american team. And besides our boys got a chance to brush up on their Spanish Cuss words.
9 Goals is 9 regardless of the shit side and our boys got a match environment to start to gel as a team.
With the possibility of Thomas coming in for Hislop. That should be the starting line-up against Guatemala.
I just enjoyed the opportunity to see the boss in the flesh again. It doh matter against who.

You could get injured against anyone.  In fact the shittier and more naive and inexperienced the opposition is, the higher the chances of picking up an injury.  Who said anything about hard teams & hard tackles?...I'm talking about competitive opposition that will test the areas that need fine tuning, and help to sharpen up the rusty areas.....Yuh trying to put polish on a buss up rubber slipper....just say yuh glad to see Latapy nuh  ;D....I think we've selected a team that will give us a chance to get results in the upcoming games, but it'll take alot to convince me that a game against the D.R. is good prep for back to back do or die matches.

I used to be of the same opinion Kicker. But I remember when Beenhakker first took over in March 2005. Who was the first opponent we faced under Beenhakker before our do-or-die vs Panama? It was the then 158th ranked Bermuda and we won 4-0.

Dominican Republic is ranked 177 so they were comparable opponents. I remember after we finally had a good display of football against Bermuda, albeit against a lowly ranked team, that I felt the team really gained something. We played with increased confidence and I think it helped the team believe they could still beat somebody even in the turmoil that surrounded our football at that time. The win against Bermuda also inspired confidence in a skeptical footballing public at that time.

I'm not saying the situation is the same here but I think it's comparable enough to see how some of the benefits that Bermuda game provided in our last campaign can apply to the current team after playing the DR in the present campaign.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2008, 04:38:21 AM »
But I remember when Beenhakker first took over in March 2005. Who was the first opponent we faced under Beenhakker before our do-or-die vs Panama? It was the then 158th ranked Bermuda and we won 4-0.

Is a good thing we didn't try playing Bermuda this time around for a boost of confidence....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »
Actually Beenhakker first game in charge was vs NE Stars.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2008, 09:55:08 AM »

that was the first time i see birchall, he didnt play just mingling with the fans. jaggy rip up the national team in that game also.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2008, 09:59:52 AM »
why TNT didnt go get Grenada or Jamaica (who suffering for a practice game right now) to play instead playing a country where football doesnt exist? dat facking game was a waste of money and energy.They should have played Connections or de under 20 team instead .
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »
Play Jamaica a warmup game  few days before a vital WCQ??? Personally I prefer DR just before as the likeliness of injuries against Jamaica would have been higher...

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2008, 11:58:27 AM »

Oh yeah. I stand corrected. I think Bermuda was the first (and only?) international friendly we play before that home game against Panama. In any case I stand by my point that we benefited from playing low-level opposition before a big game in our WCQ campaign

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2008, 06:16:21 PM »
Doh 4get NEStars did beat d national team and d Don fell in love wit Wolfe

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2008, 08:30:21 PM »
Doh 4get NEStars did beat d national team and d Don fell in love wit Wolfe
Come to think of it, maybe wolf is ah damn good player who never got ah clear break.

the game against the US he didn't play too bad and had ah thirst about him, i may have to take ah closer look @ this fella.                                    positive.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »
Yep Wolfe eh look badddddddddddd last couple games. He is ah senior player now lol

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »
mr controvesial

who is hardest playing for and when was his last game?

Why you all keep asking this question when the "blue eye baby" Hyland been on the team as a fixture.

Do you want to add Birchall also?..he's been on the team recently as well...same questions can be ask about him

You cannot, Birchall is/was with a team and even though he was not playing first team games he was with the reserves. Name Hyland team since June?

Nope nope, I said why keep asking that question about who players played for while Hyland got into the National set up as a fixture with out a team. You're the one criticizing others while defending Hyland. What did Hyland do to win himself a spot on the National team? My reasoning goes that if Hyland can get on the team with out a club to TRAIN, why not extend the same opportunity to Sancho or others from the WC, to train?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>