March 28, 2024, 02:56:54 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs DR  (Read 11638 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Report TT vs DR
« on: October 09, 2008, 05:17:40 AM »
Dear Forumites,

For $100 I was thoroughly entertained...In fact, I have not had so much fun in a football match for a while.

The entertainment was good, but the old talk and jokes in the stands was so much better and for those in attendance it was a priceless evening.

The TTFF did well by having the game in the HCS. However, the 5pm kick off time was a bit inconvenient and worse yet the powers that be kept the stadium gates closed and did not allow parking on the compound. (Pack of ass). The police put up no parking signs on the street, were not allowing people to park on the grassed area in front of the stadium and everyone had to battle the Ariapita and Wrightson road traffic, double back and face the wrath of the wrecker looking for a park.

Walking in, the sounds of our national anthem filled the air and as a good patriot I stood at attention. But everybody else decided to walk towards the gate, talk on their phones, greet their friends and hustle to get a seat. The police nearby didn't budge or reprimand anyone..so hey...when the TT anthem playing alyuh just do what yuh want.

Reaching upstairs and joining the WN crew, the game had already kicked off and the TT team was as follows.

Oh Kenywne Jones was sitting right behind us in grounds for a little while. In a black jersey jeans and slippers, he really put on size and looking like a real strongman.

Ince

Cyd, Hislop, Lawrence, Avery

Edwards, Yorke, Birchall, Daniel

Latapy

Scotland

It was a 4-5-1 with Latapy playing like a withdrawn striker.

My first impression of our opponents was a bit unkind...It seemed as if Jack Warner had taken a trip to JR. Tolkien's World and went in the Shire to recruit opponents...It looked like eleven hobbits in tugs and to cap it  off they brought in a number 11 in the second half with a proper Douen finish...imagine...Latapy was taller than him.

So TT starts to knock the ball around and the class and magic was on display. Like fine wine or aged cheese, the number #10, Russel Latapy was a joy to behold. For those who think some of us are still on a nostalgia trip...d ole man is the best ting in a tugs and was a joy to behold.

It have nothing better than him...Hyland, Daniel, Hardest, Dwarika...cyar tie he shoelace, or lift he jockstrap.

The exquisite control, the sublime passes, the tru balls, the shift and feint and dummy...and most of all the football brain that nobody on the pitch, except Yorke seemed to possess.

It is so funny eh...it was the same dull boring unimaginative Corbeaux brand, but with the personnel on the field we looked good. That opening first half and the performance from most of our players, football was back again.

We were knocking, we were running off the ball, we were making the tru pass, and it seems that Maturana has a big decision to make come saturday. 

Scotland was nearly back to his best and his hattrick was excellent. The opening goal took about 8 minutes but the signs were there from early. DR had no answer for the "friend football" knock and Yorke and Latas were just on another level, spreading the ball, holding up the play, creating the opening and flicking it for scotland, Carlos or Daniel. Any threat was cleaned up by the J-cloth aka Me Mum and the fight and grit and determination was there for all to see. He won every tackle, ran back the length of the field to delay the play or stop the DR midfield or forwards. He had a few shot attempts and he will be hard pressed to lose his place on the team. The engine is back and is fitter and in form.

There were four pullstones for the night, Carlos, Glenn, Lawrence and Cyd. It was quite evident why Carlos was sent to Wolves and even against poor opposition was shitting on his tail whole evening. However maturana left him on the field to worm himself out...and he stepped up in the second half.

Opening few minutes Carlos mistrapping, ball running away from him, he beating and twisting and turning and going nowhere and then he doing the usual poor cross outside or to nobody with little or no pressure.

Scotland opened the scoring and it was a breathtaking hattrick. The first goal came from a pass from Daniel, Scotland screened off three men in the area, faked a pass to latapy, swiveled and shot low and hard. The keeper got to it but only looked on as it rolled into the net. Goal number one and we excited in the stands.

Goal number two would make Goal of the week anywhere in the world. On a break away a long ball is played from the back and the ball is going out for a THROW IN, just pass the half line. Scotland looks up and sees the Keeper off his line and makes an audacious VOOP. The ball was goalbound and would have scored anyway, but the keeper struggling to get back, pushes his hand up and touches it in, getting strung up in the process. It was a BOSS GOAL! and credit to him for even attempting such a feat.

Then the comedy start...a free kick is floated in and the DR keeper comes, flaps, misses and with an open goal, unmarked and in the six yard box, Dennis Lawrence heads the ball wide....well he get talk from everybody, but it was bad and Dennis also looked lazy and made some bad passes during the game.

Goal #3 came courtesy one of the DR defenders. A whipped cross, a scramble and ball across the line. Own goal and things just looking bad for DR.

It as this point in time the DR goal keeper decides he has had enough. In attempting to save the own goal he mysteriously pulls up and is replaced by a taller, normal looking keeper. 3 goals for him and about 20 minutes gone.

Somewhere in between Latapy Canons a Volley off the bar and Birchall follows up a bullet.

Keon Daniel started off a bit shakey, but Latapy kept playing balls to him and eventually he found his rhythm. Latapy gave him a ball in the box and with the goal at his mercy, he opted to pass to Latapy who inturn side footed it towards the keeper. It should have been a goal.

Goal #4 came from scotland and it was a counter attack. A neat interchange of passes between Carlos, latapy and Scotland and the Swansea man beat two and hit a perfect bullet, low and crisp into the far corner.
A wonderful hatrick and he punched the air and celebrated. You could see he was relieved and the entire stadium applauded.

Now it was pappy show time...4 nil up and we just began to play sloppy.

All the good runs stopped, men started making bad passes, Cyd just overlapping running wild and making errant pass. Lawrence playing lackadaisical, Carlos not going into the tackle. Yorke start to trot and we moved from second gear back to first. Daniel was still busy and Birchall was wukking overtime to protect the back 4, who had little or nothing to do.

At the half the changes were made and it all went downhill.

On came Hyland, Leon, Glenn. From what I remember Yorke and Daniel Came off. Thus Leon was the def mid, Birchall was the creative and Hyland was on the wing but drifting inside and Glenn uptop for Scotland.
Wolfe came on for Birchall eventually.

Then Latapy came off for Roberts, and Cyd came off for Telesford. Now Cyd looked to have a injury, he was running get a jam and fell awkwardly and was immediately substituted.

Now 5 goals were scored in this half. Men will say boy Trinis never happy nuh, yuh cyar please them....but TT just fell apart and nothing happened.

Also the hobbits, actually started to knock, try the counterattack, try the cross and try to put TT under pressure.

It was this half that Glenn played himself off the starting line up. Even though he scored a hattrick as well...the number of missed chances, easy opportunites and he even Unscored a goal on the line...caused him to bear the brunt of cuss directed towards the field.
Watch meh Glen was sickening at times, but brilliant the next. He was not sharp and did not have the hunger as seen before. He got the majority of chances and all were created by a cross from the flank or a ball was hoofed long over the defence and he ran onto it, having more speed than the hobbit backline.
He miss one on one trying all kinda chip when he have easy goal to slot, he hitting wide, he blazing overbar, he jumbing players, missing header on the line and arguing with hand on hip with Roberts and Wolfe.

Also all the forwards and midfielders were coasting and not following up on the play. Whenever they missed a goal they would turn their back and walk off and coast, even though the ball is trickling loose in the area and nobody is following up.... Edwards, Daniel and Glenn were guilty of this.

DR were clearly out of it, but they were very sportsmanlike and did not foul us, make any nastly tackles or elbows. They simply collected the ball out the net, dropped their heads and tried to knock a few passes together.

I cyar really remember how each goal scored after that, one was a cross and tap in from Wolfe who showed good hustle and composure. Roberts scored a shot and glenn scored three shots that rolled under the keeper.

The PAPPY SHOW MOMENT OF THE GAME...came in the 59th minute when the ball went out for a throw...our Keeper Clayton Ince walks out of the goal, retrieves the ball and makes the throw in himself to Lawrence. Even though the DR fwds were lurking and game is going on as normal. Well boy...those who were watching start to ketch kicks...Patriot was beside himself with shock and horror and immediately took note of the time this event happened.

The beat of the game came from Hyland...folks the fella look at two DR players, fan the ball, stepover it, and then flicks it between both of them while waltzing thru. He looked good, he looked sharp and was better than before. However he was guilty of fading out of the game.

TT now had no knock and it was just ball to Carlos, who would run down the line twisting and turning with no support. Only to whip in a ball to nobody. Carlos also had fun with the Douen on the flank. The poor Douen was trying his best to keep up....for every one stride Carlos took the Douen had to make three and the amount of beat he and his defence eat for the day.They wont be hungry for a while.

DR standout player was a hobbit named Frias. Apparently he is a W-Connection player and was the best of the lot trying to dribble, shoot and creat opportunities whenever he got the ball.

Now I think the DR team was a good confidence booster, however I am not sure how much one can glean from this exercise. Goals were scored, but only in the first half did TT stamp their authority on the game and show DR we were a big side. In the second half the lack of leadership, communication, ideas on the field, creative spark, cohesion etc was lacking. This is also very strange as the second half team has been together for a long time and has many games under their collective belts.

While the defense had little to do, due to Birchall in the second half DR nearly scored...or rather Hislop caused a scare. After playing tipsy in the back (18 yard box) with Telesford and Lawrence, one of the DR players put some pressure on him and he panicked and tried to boom kick the ball out...however, it came off the said player and headed goalwards just brushing past the post and Ince was just furious. Telesford then got some small cuss....Ince restrained himself...then after a play developed and a goal was scored, Ince immediately walked towards Hislop and had a few words with him.

The local players do not run off the ball well and the backs and fwds gap, lack of midfield and support and the lone fwd role being played by Glen just made things confused and not as polished as the first half.

I was impressed with wolfe, he has a hustle and physical presence and he goes for the ball. He actually tries to make things happen. Roberts made a poor first pass and everyone start to cuss as he came on. But that was his only real faux pas and he was running, passing, trapping and busy with the DR defense.

Now with 20 min to go and 7 goals on the board it looked like we were heading for double figures, but Glenn's lack up sharpness up top and lack of ideas in general offensively by our team only contrived 2 more before the final whistle.

In the end, a PFL side would have beaten this DR team handsomely and I am sure my fete match team on a good day could give this side some trouble. I would even go so far as to say I coulda heat up the Douen with some shake.

This team should be in a good frame of mind and brimming with confidence and the comments I have made before, which were criticised by some...notably Palos...look to be spot on. Again, I think the starting squad was what lined up for us yesterday. I am of the view Hyland will bench, daniel will get the nod for him and Birchall and Yorke will be the defensive middle. I would replace Hislop in the back for Keyeno Thomas but Thomas had a piss poor awful game for Joe public later on.

The main headache is the striker position. With a lone forward and with Scotland looking sharp and Glenn rusty I would go with Scotland. Glenn should come on and play some part...I think in the 2nd half to run at them when they tired. Also I like what I saw in Roberts...finally...where do we put our top scorer who is injured/not fully fit....Stern John?

Clyde Leon is now 3rd in the pecking order for the defensive mid position. Birchall and Yorke compliment each other well and is a good balance offensively, shots, thru ball etc and defensively, tackles and shielding/holding up the play.

I think the next few days will be interesting and hopefully we will get at least a point in Guatemala.

On an interesting note, while we want to beat guatemala and ease the tension. A draw is not the end of the world, also a draw vs the USA and win vs CUBA will see us thru to the hex.

Finally for all who saw the Joe Private vs Impact game...you had to be there in person.

Everybody got drunk by the end of the first match, so the shit talk and comments were the best. Also everytime a goal was scored by Montreal, a section of fans just steupsed and left the stadium. Myself included after the 4th goal.

Joe public could have won that game and conceded soft goals. Also from the time they took off Dwarika and Chubby with the momentum in their favour, they were gorn tru. Both subs heading straight to the showers with a disgusted look and not even bothering to watch the game from the bench.

Poor finishing and not taking their chances cost them, also the #14 the Jamaican real throwaway and the keeper had a bad night.

Keep the faith....See you next Wed.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:53:04 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Online Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs DR
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 05:23:08 AM »
yuh is is a funny man now too?!?  ah get ketch though!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:24:20 AM »

( In Progress, Please Check Back Later )  ;D :rotfl:

waste ah time  :P

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 05:31:36 AM »
Ssssttteeeuuupppsss!!!!.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 05:43:46 AM »
 ::) :loser: :cursing:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:51:26 AM »

( In Progress, Please Check Back Later )  ;D :rotfl:
aye stop monkeying around

serious: Thanks for past reports: I waiting to hear what ya have to say about Latas.

diz what I like to read
"So TT starts to knock the ball around and the class and magic was on display. Like fine wine or aged cheese, the number #10, Russel Latapy was a joy to behold. For those who think some of us are still on a nostalgia trip...d ole man is the best ting in a tugs and was a joy to behold.

It have nothing better than him...Hyland, Daniel, Hardest, Dwarika...cyar tie he shoelace, or lift he jockstrap.

The exquisite control, the sublime passes, the tru balls, the shift and feint and dummy...and most of all the football brain that nobody on the pitch, except Yorke, seemed to possess."

:applause: :applause:
Lets stay wid de locals ::)
oh gawd...ya mention de "H" name ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:05:46 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Online Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 06:18:48 AM »
give thanks (as always) Touches!
so lemme see, for de Guatemala game, start wid de same line-up, hit dem ah busy 3 goals, pull Latas off 2nd half for a defensive midfielder and hold onto de lead...and all 'I' have is a stupid USSF "D' licence :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 06:28:58 AM »
ah cyar read dis report now nah touches because ah have to start work before mih boss come but ah cyar wait to read it.

Well done SW! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:  We hope to see dat same vigour against de Guats on Saturday.  Wid dat kinda pace yesterday, ah feel it's possible to beat de USA too.  dat is if Maturana doh frig we up and put ah shit side to start.

Laterz

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 06:56:45 AM »
Touches ah feel yuh gyul leave yuh hanging after some serious hard jam in in the after match fete and you trying to take out yuh frustration on we by making us suffer same way... :o

Man, I can't wait. Dat is like giving a self sticking envelope to a piper an telling him hold dat and sniff de glue until the merchandise reach....

Torture!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 07:05:05 AM »
I didn't make it last nite but I heard the pace was real slow...the game was good for Latas and Yorke age, a over 35 thus allowing them (and us) the oppurtunity to flourish. It will be completely different against Guatemala and USA.

The experienced posters who were there could concur with this?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 07:05:47 AM »
D laptop giving trouble so I couldnt do it home last night...and I have meh regular office wuk to do.

So I will fill in the bits and pieces when I get a chance. I have a meeting just now so no updates between 10-12.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 07:10:47 AM »
Then the comedy start...a free kick is floated in and the DR keeper comes, flaps, misses and with an open goal, unmarked and in the six yard box, Dennis Lawrence heads the ball wide....well he get talk from everybody, but it was bad and Dennis also looked lazy and made some bad passes during the game.

probably y he was dropped from d team
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 07:11:59 AM »
It is so funny eh...it was the same dull boring unimaginative Corbeaux brand, but with the personnel on the field we looked good. That opening first half and the performance from most of our players, football was back again.

At the end of the day, the players you have are more important than the coach.
Even big sides with big coaches (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc) don't look the same when their better players missing.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 07:26:44 AM »
With all due respect Touches, I still struggling to decide whether or not a match against the DR deserves a full blown match report...but thanks anyways.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 07:55:32 AM »
True dat Kicker, not sure dat is ah good yardstick to measure progress eh ! DR noted for their baseball.......not their football !
But ah go still take de 9-0 drubbin  :devil: :devil:

Lets hope dat Pacho make de choices on de field come Saturday.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 08:03:30 AM »
as usual thanks for the report touches. i cant really put much into this showing. from your description many of the goals sounded like they should not have even scored if their was a resemblance of a goalkeeper in the goal. the play sounds more creative and offensive minded but again i have to take into consideration who the opposition was. a positive result nevertheless and its was a good morale boosting game for dem fellas before saturday's game.  :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 08:04:11 AM »
Thanx as usual for de report... De foreign based is really appreciate this...
Also Thanx to Small Magician on your report...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 08:08:44 AM »
The real question is why did we waste our time playing this game? 

I doubt this was any morale booster because the team knows they were playing against inept opposition...I doubt we really learnt anything because we were probably not tested....Honestly I think games like this induce complacency as opposed to fine tuning...

We coulda found someone better, or possibly even played against a PFL unit.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 08:17:23 AM »
The real question is why did we waste our time playing this game? 

I doubt this was any morale booster because the team knows they were playing against inept opposition...I doubt we really learnt anything because we were probably not tested....Honestly I think games like this induce complacency as opposed to fine tuning...

We coulda found someone better, or possibly even played against a PFL unit.

true kicker but i think, especially in de first half, this game would have been beneficial to them. scotland scoring early and often would boost him nicely, since he was kinda sour after his previous 2 call ups he didnt even play. also it was de first time the team playing with latas again..things like that i think they can take from the game as positives and build on that for saturday's game.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 08:21:03 AM »
Contrary to what others think. I think it was the perfect "WARM UP" We don't need no hard team to tired out our old legs 3 days before and no stupid injury. The side wasn't overly aggressive with hard tackles. But they were young and fast, like wild ants. Remember we going to play agianst a fast central american team. And besides our boys got a chance to brush up on their Spanish Cuss words.
9 Goals is 9 regardless of the shit side and our boys got a match environment to start to gel as a team.
With the possibility of Thomas coming in for Hislop. That should be the starting line-up against Guatemala.
I just enjoyed the opportunity to see the boss in the flesh again. It doh matter against who.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 08:45:13 AM »

true kicker but i think, especially in de first half, this game would have been beneficial to them. scotland scoring early and often would boost him nicely, since he was kinda sour after his previous 2 call ups he didnt even play. also it was de first time the team playing with latas again..things like that i think they can take from the game as positives and build on that for saturday's game.

Fair enough- I'm sure there are positives to be taken away (at least I hope), but I'm not sure the U.S. or Mexico warms up against the D.R. or teams of that calibre- to me it doesn't make sense.  It just doesn't strike me as worthy preparation...When we step out onto the field in a competitive game and look like headless chickens for the first 15 mins, I think "warm up" games against hopeless units like the D.R. and Guyana and Barbados and all the other bush league mickey mouse teams that we've stooped to the level of have a lot to do with that....

Contrary to what others think. I think it was the perfect "WARM UP" We don't need no hard team to tired out our old legs 3 days before and no stupid injury. The side wasn't overly aggressive with hard tackles. But they were young and fast, like wild ants. Remember we going to play agianst a fast central american team. And besides our boys got a chance to brush up on their Spanish Cuss words.
9 Goals is 9 regardless of the shit side and our boys got a match environment to start to gel as a team.
With the possibility of Thomas coming in for Hislop. That should be the starting line-up against Guatemala.
I just enjoyed the opportunity to see the boss in the flesh again. It doh matter against who.

You could get injured against anyone.  In fact the shittier and more naive and inexperienced the opposition is, the higher the chances of picking up an injury.  Who said anything about hard teams & hard tackles?...I'm talking about competitive opposition that will test the areas that need fine tuning, and help to sharpen up the rusty areas.....Yuh trying to put polish on a buss up rubber slipper....just say yuh glad to see Latapy nuh  ;D....I think we've selected a team that will give us a chance to get results in the upcoming games, but it'll take alot to convince me that a game against the D.R. is good prep for back to back do or die matches.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:47:48 AM by kicker »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »
I agree with yuh Sweetiepaper.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
Scotty and Lawrence came in on Tuesday Night...  Maturana started them to fail...(This is fact...you know i have my sources)

Dennis played 90 mins and was not shit like Touches said...he was stable and rarely tested    he started to get tired after the 60th as he is in his 30's and just flew 9 hours less than 24 hours earlier

Scotty took his test and passed with flying colours

A big f**k you goes out to Francisco Maturana
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:30:15 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 09:28:54 AM »
if tallest had jus come in then i understand why he loked kinda shaky. He did make a couple mistakes but it is true that he was rarely tested
Back in Trini...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 09:36:19 AM »
nice report touches but to be fair I have seen scottie shit dong himself on many occasions on int'l duty, one bad game from glen but he scored 3 goals, I doubt scottie is so much higher than glen's calibre, not to mention the fact that glen has scored goals in the campaign so far that helped us. However, its worth a try to give scottie a chance and see if he can wash away his blight against guat. Latas is always a pleasure to watch but belittling other players who are younger and haven't been given a chance to play with the FULL and I say FULL national team  which played in the World Cup is unfair. Latapy is 40 years old, smokes and has a belly but can still ball with the best, but yet others speak of the indiscipline of dwarika and jemmott, however both players are younger, one doesn't smoke but the other does and they could still run a 90 mins with any team in concacaf and hold their own easily because of their skill and talent.

So in reality the ttff can chance playing a 40 year old who is still good but wouldn't chance younger players who are equally as talented, oh I forgot they haven't been given the chance to play with the full world cup team. :o

Thank God Daniel and Hyland are being given the chance, its sad to see Guerra not being given this chance by the Corneals, it makes you wonder what attacking player will fill Latapy's shoes when he finally decides to call it quits.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:38:51 AM by Controversial »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 09:37:34 AM »
thanks for the report...

Alas though! It is only Dominican Republic!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 10:02:48 AM »
nice report touches but to be fair I have seen scottie shit dong himself on many occasions on int'l duty, one bad game from glen but he scored 3 goals, I doubt scottie is so much higher than glen's calibre, not to mention the fact that glen has scored goals in the campaign so far that helped us. However, its worth a try to give scottie a chance and see if he can wash away his blight against guat. Latas is always a pleasure to watch but belittling other players who are younger and haven't been given a chance to play with the FULL and I say FULL national team  which played in the World Cup is unfair. Latapy is 40 years old, smokes and has a belly but can still ball with the best, but yet others speak of the indiscipline of dwarika and jemmott, however both players are younger, one doesn't smoke but the other does and they could still run a 90 mins with any team in concacaf and hold their own easily because of their skill and talent.

So in reality the ttff can chance playing a 40 year old who is still good but wouldn't chance younger players who are equally as talented, oh I forgot they haven't been given the chance to play with the full world cup team. :o

Thank God Daniel and Hyland are being given the chance, its sad to see Guerra not being given this chance by the Corneals, it makes you wonder what attacking player will fill Latapy's shoes when he finally decides to call it quits.

these guys cant run ah full 90 in a pro-league game and you want them to run ah full 90 ful natl team? and as i said if skill and talent was the only criteria for making that team, i would be in england probally in the championship rippin the midfield. skillfull men doh make it. committed men do.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 10:11:39 AM »
If you are an international player and cannot look good in a game against DR, then something really wrong.

Not a game to base any kind of decision on.

Touches did they ever press us like say how Cuba may play?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 10:16:09 AM »
Great report Touches as usual.  Spot on !

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »

these guys cant run ah full 90 in a pro-league game and you want them to run ah full 90 ful natl team? and as i said if skill and talent was the only criteria for making that team, i would be in england probally in the championship rippin the midfield. skillfull men doh make it. committed men do.

There was a movie in 80s where a guy got shrunked and travelled into another persons body, unless the US army has you in that experiment and you've done it to dwarika and jemmott, then please refrain from being there mouth pieces. Latas was not required to run 90 mins, neither would the aforemenioned players in reality, it was a reference, if you don't comprehend what was just said in drawing comparisons and the shortcomings of the ttff and the corneals, then your a lost cause. Since you say you have such great talent and skill, the question must be asked why the hell aren't you playing for the national? Secondly, who has given you the right to judge players I mentioned, unless your saying your better than them and I beg to differ.

Furthermore, how can you be committed if your not given a chance with the national team, especially the chance to play with the FULL national team? The coach must be committed to select you and give you a fair chance, yet players like akile edwards, makan hislop, joyce and others are selected which have no presence on the team and no contribution and you stand there and comment on commitment, commitment to nonesense.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:29:13 AM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>