March 29, 2024, 02:38:42 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs DR  (Read 11640 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs DR
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2008, 10:24:30 AM »
nice report touches but to be fair I have seen scottie shit dong himself on many occasions on int'l duty, one bad game from glen but he scored 3 goals, I doubt scottie is so much higher than glen's calibre, not to mention the fact that glen has scored goals in the campaign so far that helped us. However, its worth a try to give scottie a chance and see if he can wash away his blight against guat. Latas is always a pleasure to watch but belittling other players who are younger and haven't been given a chance to play with the FULL and I say FULL national team  which played in the World Cup is unfair. Latapy is 40 years old, smokes and has a belly but can still ball with the best, but yet others speak of the indiscipline of dwarika and jemmott, however both players are younger, one doesn't smoke but the other does and they could still run a 90 mins with any team in concacaf and hold their own easily because of their skill and talent.

So in reality the ttff can chance playing a 40 year old who is still good but wouldn't chance younger players who are equally as talented, oh I forgot they haven't been given the chance to play with the full world cup team. :o

Thank God Daniel and Hyland are being given the chance, its sad to see Guerra not being given this chance by the Corneals, it makes you wonder what attacking player will fill Latapy's shoes when he finally decides to call it quits.

I could bet my whole pay check this person in TI..... he changed his name but his character remains the same.

Jemmott will NEVER play for T&T again..... and Guerra is not a child, he need to keep trying harder and dont let anything or anyone stop him or else he will be the next Jemmott, a waste. At least Dwarika still playing ball.

Watch this space..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:30:47 AM by Sando »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
dwarika and jemmott cant be even compared to latas so it makes no sense trying to do that. if hyland can get some valued experience i can possibly see him as stepping up in his role...he wont play it like latas..no one can...but he looks the best bet to be that offensive minded presence trinidad needs in the midfield. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2008, 10:27:34 AM »
1) Latapy and Yorke playing together is a huge defensive liability against Guat. they will automatically make up 2 subs.
2) If we are to play latapy/Hyland then the striker should be C.GLEN.
3) Dwight was real bun !
4) Keyano to replace Hislop
5) This match does not represent a true test for Scotland. He has been poor in all recent competitive games !
6) Wolfe is a very good sub !! Good hussler.

In my opinion i would play the same team that started yesterday except for keyano in for Hislop and Hyland in for Latapy !!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »
nice report touches but to be fair I have seen scottie shit dong himself on many occasions on int'l duty, one bad game from glen but he scored 3 goals, I doubt scottie is so much higher than glen's calibre, not to mention the fact that glen has scored goals in the campaign so far that helped us. However, its worth a try to give scottie a chance and see if he can wash away his blight against guat. Latas is always a pleasure to watch but belittling other players who are younger and haven't been given a chance to play with the FULL and I say FULL national team  which played in the World Cup is unfair. Latapy is 40 years old, smokes and has a belly but can still ball with the best, but yet others speak of the indiscipline of dwarika and jemmott, however both players are younger, one doesn't smoke but the other does and they could still run a 90 mins with any team in concacaf and hold their own easily because of their skill and talent.

So in reality the ttff can chance playing a 40 year old who is still good but wouldn't chance younger players who are equally as talented, oh I forgot they haven't been given the chance to play with the full world cup team. :o

Thank God Daniel and Hyland are being given the chance, its sad to see Guerra not being given this chance by the Corneals, it makes you wonder what attacking player will fill Latapy's shoes when he finally decides to call it quits.

I could bet my whole pay check this person in TI..... he changed his name but his character remains the same.

Jemmott will NEVER play for T&T again..... and Guerra is not a child, he need to keep trying harder and dont let anything or anyone stop him or else he will be the next Jemmott, a waste. At least Dwarika still playing ball.

Watch this space..

Who the hell is TI? Are you sure you can afford losing your entire paycheck for a wrong assumption?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2008, 10:50:43 AM »
1) Latapy and Yorke playing together is a huge defensive liability against Guat. they will automatically make up 2 subs.
3) Dwight was real bun !
5) This match does not represent a true test for Scotland. He has been poor in all recent competitive games !

In my opinion i would play the same team that started yesterday except for keyano in for Hislop and Hyland in for Latapy !!

what happened in his last game for swansea???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 10:53:33 AM »
3) Dwight was real bun !

Good point but when last has scottie shined in an international match for the nation playing a strong opponent?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2008, 10:54:42 AM »
3) Dwight was real bun !

Good point but when last has scottie shined in an international match for the nation playing a strong opponent?

the only time scotty got a fair sweat from the start for the national team in the last umpteen years, he was admittedly unfit having come off stomach surgery.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »

Who the hell is TI?

De only man on this board who still thinks Kerwyn "Hardest" Jemmott could wear the T&T jersey again....but it seems like he has company now... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2008, 11:00:40 AM »
Who the hell is TI? Are you sure you can afford losing your entire paycheck for a wrong assumption?

:devil: Noob !!!  :devil:

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »

Watch this space..

Someone here who thinks that Hardest is the best footballer in the world not playing in Europe.... or any where for that matter !!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2008, 11:17:33 AM »
To compare Dwarika and hardest with Latas is a sin... I am and will always be a Dwarika fan, but he is no where close to Latas... And Latas at 40 is a much better player than hardest will ever be.. What people don't realize, is while Latas cannot run for the full 90 and tackle like Birchall etc: when given the ball his magic foot does open many defenses... I personally would not start him, but if we needed a goal in the second half, or needed to keep the ball away from the Guats like in Bahrain, Latas would be one of my first choices..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »
3) Dwight was real bun !

You worried about Dwight being bun or automatically making up subs?  Didn't he just play the full 90 mins in the last match against Guatemala and play well?  Didn't he just play 84mins for Sunderland against Arsenal last weekend?
Even at 37 yrs Dwight is the last man you should be worried about on this team

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2008, 12:19:01 PM »
mr controvesial

who is hardest playing for and when was his last game?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 12:26:07 PM »
controversy you have de nerve to compare Dwarika and Hardest to Latas..... :-[ nahhh....you might as well jus go ahead and delete yuh profile yes..... >:(
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »
controversy you have de nerve to compare Dwarika and Hardest to Latas..... :-[ nahhh....you might as well jus go ahead and delete yuh profile yes..... >:(

De man name says it all, very controversial indeed, Russell, Jemmot, and Dawrika in de same sentence, complete blasphemy
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »

Truer words have never before been spoken
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »

He did..and made a new one......his knowledge of the game seems "infinite" ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2008, 01:11:07 PM »
mr controvesial

Why you all keep asking this question when the "blue eye baby" Hyland been on the team as a fixture.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »
mr controvesial

Why you all keep asking this question when the "blue eye baby" Hyland been on the team as a fixture.

Do you want to add Birchall also?..he's been on the team recently as well...same questions can be ask about him
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:40:23 PM by Sando prince »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »
One of the fittest men on the team is Dwight Yorke. Despite his limimg and nocturnal activities. He is known to work very hard on his fitness level. Why do you think he is still playing at his age.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »
To compare Dwarika and hardest with Latas is a sin... I am and will always be a Dwarika fan, but he is no where close to Latas... And Latas at 40 is a much better player than hardest will ever be.. What people don't realize, is while Latas cannot run for the full 90 and tackle like Birchall etc: when given the ball his magic foot does open many defenses... I personally would not start him, but if we needed a goal in the second half, or needed to keep the ball away from the Guats like in Bahrain, Latas would be one of my first choices..

Didn't pacho say the doors are still open for anyone? Or was he dreaming ;)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
The real question is why did we waste our time playing this game? 

I doubt this was any morale booster because the team knows they were playing against inept opposition...I doubt we really learnt anything because we were probably not tested....Honestly I think games like this induce complacency as opposed to fine tuning...

We coulda found someone better, or possibly even played against a PFL unit.

How you soundin vex so boy?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
Thanks SM from d warm up Dennis looked real lazy I know y now. Dumbtist have 2 b d chief  clown. He eh c d defence cupboard bare. Hislop go cause Ince 2 cuss wind and Thomas as Touches say was a hot mess
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
I still feel Dwa. can do a little magic with the ball also. But he needs two good defence men at his side.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 04:24:09 PM »
3) Dwight was real bun !

You worried about Dwight being bun or automatically making up subs?  Didn't he just play the full 90 mins in the last match against Guatemala and play well?  Didn't he just play 84mins for Sunderland against Arsenal last weekend?
we have to keep picking "Local"
some ah dem forren are TOO ole

for sarcasm, how was that Arrow?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 04:26:17 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
WestCoast,
                   Too late. Time for experimenting done. We want results now. If the locals were up to par, Dwight, Latas, Denis and the over 30s would not be there.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »
Key points that touches touch on and this is why this team was so bad
"Now I think the DR team was a good confidence booster, however I am not sure how much one can learn from this exercise. Goals were scored, but only in the first half did TT stamp their authority on the game and show DR we were a big side. In the second half the lack of leadership, communication, ideas on the field, creative spark, cohesion etc was lacking. This is also very strange as the second half team has been together for a long time and has many games under their collective belts.
" that is why latas and yorke are so vital to this team to control them boy and keep they head in the game psychologically we are indisciplined and unprepared.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 05:24:25 PM »
mr controvesial

Do you want to add Birchall also?..he's been on the team recently as well...same questions can be ask about him

You cannot, Birchall is/was with a team and even though he was not playing first team games he was with the reserves. Name Hyland team since June?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »
Dumbtist have 2 b d chief  clown. He eh c d defence cupboard bare. Hislop go cause Ince 2 cuss wind and Thomas as Touches say was a hot mess

Who is we saviour again?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>