March 28, 2024, 12:38:22 PM

Author Topic: Maturana not comfortable  (Read 2782 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Maturana not comfortable
« on: October 09, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »
Maturana not comfortable
By: Nigel Simon (Trinidad Guardian)

Soca Warriors coach, Colombian Francisco Maturana says he is not comfortable with his team’s situation going into its crucial away 2010 Concacaf Second Round World Cup qualifier to Guatemala tomorrow from 10 pm T&T time.

When both teams faced off in Port-of-Spain last month, the Guatemalans got an equaliser three minutes from time to earn a 1-1 draw and its first point.

Guatemala then whipped Cuba 4-1 at home, while T&T went under to the USA 3-0 away.

Speaking after T&T’s 9-0 warm-up win over Dominican Republic Maturana was very cautious looking towards the match.

“I’m not comfortable with our position because I have learnt what is football and the day I don’t have that pressure or worry or pre-occupation about a match is the day I will be back home in Colombia seeing about my horses,” said Maturana.

He dismissed any notion that he was now in a quandry over his team selection, and more importantly his choice of striker/s for the qualifier.

“Its always very important that you have forwards who want to score. That is football but in this sport, two plus two does not always makes four.”

The 23-man T&T team left yesterday for Guatemala, with only one injury concern, striker Stern John of Southampton, who sat out the Dominican Republic friendly.

T&T squad for Guatemala:

Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Carlos Edwards, Christopher Birchall, Darryl Roberts, Clayton Ince, Avery John, Khaleem Hyland, Dennis Lawrence, Osei Telesford, Jason Scotland, Marvin Phillip, Cyd Gray, Makan Hislop, Aklie Edwards, Clyde Leon, Keon Daniel, Anthony Wolfe, Andre Toussaint, Cornell Glen, Keyeno Thomas, Stern John and Gyasi Joyce.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Maturana not comfortable
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »

“That is football but in this sport, two plus two does not always makes four.”

He's learning English from Beenie but not how to instill confidence from Beenie

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:13:56 PM »
Should have left to see about your horses a long time ago, anyway, onwards to La Ciudad de Guatemala
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »
T&T squad for Guatemala:
Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Carlos Edwards, Christopher Birchall, Darryl Roberts, Clayton Ince, Avery John, Khaleem Hyland, Dennis Lawrence, Osei Telesford, Jason Scotland, Marvin Phillip, Cyd Gray, Makan Hislop, Aklie Edwards, Clyde Leon, Keon Daniel, Anthony Wolfe, Andre Toussaint, Cornell Glen, Keyeno Thomas, Stern John and Gyasi Joyce.

Does anybody else feel we would have been better off leaving Joyce in Piarco (no offence to him) and taking a third goalkeeper?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 09:21:08 PM »
Sense Midnight, I agree
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 09:45:06 PM »
Cheaper 2 carry Joyce
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 10:05:17 PM »
Do we always travel with a full 23-man squad?  I thought they used to cut it down a bit?  Or maybe because is 2 matches back-to-back.  But that is real men who ent getting a sweat there...facebook gonna be flooded

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 10:13:07 PM »
Do we always travel with a full 23-man squad?  I thought they used to cut it down a bit?  Or maybe because is 2 matches back-to-back.  But that is real men who ent getting a sweat there...facebook gonna be flooded

:rotfl: :rotfl: nah man is only one cry baby as of right now and he will most likely get sweat..

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 05:44:05 AM »
here nah is it just me (ah feel it is) but either Pacho does be talking real sh%t or the gist of what he saying does be lost in translation, or the reporters does be asking stupid questions, he eh really say nutten of susbstance.

oh and dat ting bout calling fellahs cry-baby, yo everybody different and while some men mighta be cool to jump on ah plane and come back home (and go Chicago) and ride pine, other men might just say "eff dat" and complain in public or facebook (ah think dais is where he complain?), meh eh feel dat make nobody ah cry-baby, IMHO.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 08:44:47 AM »
If every week you have to hear dat jack bring een another player would you be comfortable ? ..if at the end of de month is jack who paying yuh salary would anyone be comfortable ?
Interferring Jack is there for de money .....jack would lick up his own vomit if that is what is needed to bring in " de funds " ...
Jack once described Yorke as his biggest mistake in life ..and Latapy as persona non grata not to play for T&T again !!! look what happening now ! You want de stadium full ...bring Latapy ...even if he have ah walking stick he could still draw crowd ...i could see it now ...de revenge !!! 1989 Latapy was on de losing end ..dis time he is out for revenge...come see USA vs &T ..de revenge of latapy ...stadium , jack's pocket full , full !!
win lose or draw ..jack wins ! dat is businessman !!!

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »
so he is a horse man...

Beenie was (and still is I might add...) Football Football Football...

Ah waitin' for Maastricht to place a statue outside de train station and one outside City Gate too for people to really appreciate dat fella... as meh Italian bredrin does say rather sarcastically "whatta guy"...

Maturana?... has no clue...

Horses... AHHHH dat is why he is a dentis'......

a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 09:40:34 AM »
:thinking:
To look his gift horse in the mouth??
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:47:54 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 09:48:49 AM »

is JW payin him no?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »
is JW payin him no?
Touché
 ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
 :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »
Way Akile Edwards going? Investing in him is like betting on snow falling in T&T. I will leave out saying how much better Sancho is than Edwards. Why not carry Guerra, wait Osei Telesford in this too, lawd fadder. I thought we were getting serious and is the best team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 04:16:02 PM »
Speaking after T&T’s 9-0 warm-up win over Dominican Republic Maturana was very cautious looking towards the match.

“I’m not comfortable with our position because I have learnt what is football and the day I don’t have that pressure or worry or pre-occupation about a match is the day I will be back home in Colombia, etc... horses...etc...

What is he ACTUALLY SAYING HERE???....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 04:18:33 PM »

“I’m not comfortable with our position because I have learnt what is football and the day I don’t have that pressure or worry or pre-occupation about a match is the day I will be back home in Colombia, etc... horses...etc...

maybe hes speaking in tongues :D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »

the man like he have cerebral palsy. stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 05:41:37 PM »

I take it to mean dat he was asked sumting along de lines of how does he feel going into the match about the warriors chances or is he happy or comfortable that the team is where he wants them to be going into de match, and he answer dat he been in football a long time, anyting could happen on de day no matter how yuh prepare, and he does always be worried before every match.  If he didn't have dem "butterflies" before every game den he woulda be retired from de game and back home on he ranch.

But daz jes me.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »
So I need 2 pluck d wings ah butterflies so dey no longer exist so I could b rid of him?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 06:02:55 PM »

I take it to mean dat he was asked sumting along de lines of how does he feel going into the match about the warriors chances or is he happy or comfortable that the team is where he wants them to be going into de match, and he answer dat he been in football a long time, anyting could happen on de day no matter how yuh prepare, and he does always be worried before every match.  If he didn't have dem "butterflies" before every game den he woulda be retired from de game and back home on he ranch.

But daz jes me.

sense... but why he come here... to coach we...?

we couldn't find somebody else...?...

I doh really need to know how he feel... I just want an honest annswer as to why he isn't comfortable...is it the points?... The goals we not scorin'?... is it a defensive situation?... is it too much carrot in de coleslaw?...

It is about tactics Matu... not Tic Tacs...

1]; } ?>