April 29, 2024, 11:46:19 AM

Author Topic: Valuable point for T&T.  (Read 10757 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Valuable point for T&T.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
Point is good however but it is a set back  a serious set back

Yuh think guatemala beatin or tyin de states in de states...even with a weakened US team?

Nope! I don't see where all the doom and gloom is. Guatemala have no chance of going into the US and winning. They won't even draw. 4 points from the next 2 and we're in.

As highly likely as this may be, we have to approach our game versus the US w/the intent to win and not depend on this highly probable US Guat result, we need to try our best to make our own destiny....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »
Point is good however but it is a set back  a serious set back

Yuh think guatemala beatin or tyin de states in de states...even with a weakened US team?

Nope! I don't see where all the doom and gloom is. Guatemala have no chance of going into the US and winning. They won't even draw. 4 points from the next 2 and we're in.

As highly likely as this may be, we have to approach our game versus the US w/the intent to win and not depend on this highly probable US Guat result, we need to try our best to make our own destiny....

Thank you Barataria !..We have to make our own destiny! Men in here only assuming this and that !!..we quick to assume that guatemala will not beat a weak U.S squad in the U.S..but we feel comfortable saying that T&T will create history by earning points at home against the U.S..we never ever did it b4 in WC qualifying but we confident now...Its up to us to make sure and win these last two games and not rely on U.S beating Guat..that's why I knew a draw in Guatemala will not do us much good cause it will leave us in this predicament...shit this could even come down to goal difference between us and the actors from central America..leaving us in a desperate game to score alot of goals against Cuba..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 01:02:01 PM by Sando prince »

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »
Maturana is still a big shithound. But I think he did okay last night. The starting line-up was good and his changes at the half with 10 men also worked.
I'm not a Wolfe Fan, but he really did his job well last night. I was surprised he came off at the half.I would have left him on instead of Leon (the ghost). That would have left us with another option later in the game.   I love Keon Daniel, but last night, when we needed everybody to dig deep, the man casually jogging back. As a midfielder, he have to have a bit more defensive fight in him. But he is still the spirit man in de side. Like Hutson Charles was in 89.
Cyd was unlucky, but is still a big duncy card-magnet.
Carlos should slot into the right back for Wednesday and Keon start.
Toss up for the last staring position between Stern and Hyland.
I prefer Glen and Roberts off the bench.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 01:28:51 PM »

As highly likely as this may be, we have to approach our game versus the US w/the intent to win and not depend on this highly probable US Guat result, we need to try our best to make our own destiny

Thats real serious....we have to stop the mentality of others directing our destiny
The most important is...Intensity..we have to bring that intensity we played with against Guatemala,to the US game

We will be playing at home and we have to stand up even before the kickoff

We gave away 4 points in the 2 games we have played with this team,a job done will considering the circumstances but a bigger and more organised team is up next,we need to get full points,a win against the US is way past due,we are playing at home which is enough incentive to making victory a reality

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 01:47:40 PM »
I don't think anyone is suggesting that we shouldn't go for victory in our last 2 games.

The reality is, we could win our last 2 games and STILL not make the Hex if Guatemala wins their last 2 games.

But to say that the result last night was a serious set back as Trini_2010 posted is inaccurate. Last night's game was one we could not afford to lose.  We didn't.  The optimum reault would have been that we lost last night's game but especially given our circumstances playing with 10 men for 68 minutes & our last 2 games at home, it gives us more than a fighting chance.

Put it this way...the Guatemalan's are seeing last night's result as opportunity lost and a better result for us than for them even though they control their destiny.

If we win our last 2 games and Guatemala wins theirs..yuh jes have to tip yuh hat to de chapines.  And if yuh doh wear hat...nod yuh head or sumting because they would have deserved it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
According to some ppl on this site, we are a Concacaf powerhouse so beating ah US sqaud without 9 of their regulars should not be impossible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-usroster&prov=ap&type=lgns

A draw against Guatemala in Guatemala with ten men and a crazy ref was a good result.  Look at it this way, if Guatemala had won last night our WC campaign would have been basically over.  We just have to take care of business at home.

We have 2 games at home and they have 2 on the road so if we can't qualify with that schedule we don't deserve to be in the HEX.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »

Altidore, Beasley, Adu....even "weakened" that US team will still be tough if they come running at us.

I hope our fellahs getting some good rest before Wednesday.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »
Since when u does go from SEA straight 2 CXC? Dumbtist eh have nutten 2 do wit dat side. DY and RL pick dat side.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Guatemala Vs Trinidad and Tobago Highlights (poor video quality)
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2008, 07:56:05 PM »
These highlights are in the game thread or one of the official game report theads so the mods may merge soon....

Thanks though  :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »
sound like the teacher from charlie brown commentating

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 12:35:46 AM »
Since when u does go from SEA straight 2 CXC? Dumbtist eh have nutten 2 do wit dat side. DY and RL pick dat side.

Take de Haterade lifetime award dey weary.... ;D

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2008, 02:16:22 AM »

Take de Haterade lifetime award dey weary.... ;D

Lol still pining for the Wimp. She'll get over it after we beat the US on Wednesday
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2008, 03:52:06 AM »
Where's your proof!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Players more to Blame Than Maturana
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:32 AM »
Based on the limited Highlights of the both Guatemala games I see, The players are more to Blame than the coach for the current Situation.

For that game on Saturday that miss by Carlos is inexcusable with everything at stake.

That one play alone would make all the difference and we would have had 1 foot in the Hex.

I cannot blame the coach for that.

I am no Maturana fan but our current situation have more to do with poor player performances than poor coaching decisions.

Maturana already give more to our team than he get from TnT

He gave Daniel a shot and now he is a fixture on the team for the future.
This is a key addition, he turned a fringe player into a major contributor
Fresh Blood is the key

The last time this happened was when Porters added Lawerence as a defensive mid.
and look how good that turned out to be.

With Player execution
Better defending late in the game to Win 1-0 vs Guatemala in TnT
Carlos finishing an easy chance to win 1-0 in guatemala

Add 4 points to TnT and subtract 4 points from Guatemala

The game on Wednesday would have been a top of the table clash instead we on the fence

The small things make a big difference.

Blame the players!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Players more to Blame Than Maturana
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2008, 09:29:27 AM »
weary soon come fuh yuh tail!  ;D

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 09:35:51 AM »
if u talking bout this specific game den yuh might have a slight point since this is the 1st game we actually put anything close tuh our A-team on the field.......however.......he can still be held accountable for players playing out of position and the team formation

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »
If was the same team from the very start, then ah woulda agree with you, but this team was just put together for the Guatemala specifically and their mission was simply NOT TO LOSE, and try and get ah win. If this team was on the field for the home game against the Guats, I am pretty sure they were not going to give up on that late goal and win convincingly. Plus who said Matadan was the "coach" for that Guat game?  ::)

Big Up!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:57:03 AM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2008, 10:03:48 AM »
If was the same team from the very start, then ah woulda agree with you, but this team was just put together for the Guatemala specifically and their mission was simply NOT TO LOSE, and try and get ah win. If this team was on the field for the home game against the Guats, I am pretty sure they were not going to give up on that late goal and win convincingly. Plus who said Matadan was the "coach" for that Guat game?  ::)

Big Up!

Ah can't agree with yuh here. Dwight, Latas, Lawrence, Scotland playing not to lose in CONCACAF. Dem fellas doh play not to win, it not in dey blood. It's not how dey are trained at their pro clubs - de glory is in the victory - ah draw or ah lost den de game was just ah sweat. The talk about dem not playing together in a while is dotish. Dem fellas could write books on each other playing styles and abilities. Dey playing together fuh years. If forumites could talk in detail bout dem players style etc, it stands to reason dat the current squad know de same

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 10:05:05 AM »
BTW ah agree with yuh KND

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2008, 10:08:49 AM »
Based on the limited Highlights of the both Guatemala games I see, The players are more to Blame than the coach for the current Situation.

For that game on Saturday that miss by Carlos is inexcusable with everything at stake.

That one play alone would make all the difference and we would have had 1 foot in the Hex.

I cannot blame the coach for that.

I am no Maturana fan but our current situation have more to do with poor player performances than poor coaching decisions.

Maturana already give more to our team than he get from TnT

He gave Daniel a shot and now he is a fixture on the team for the future.
This is a key addition, he turned a fringe player into a major contributor
Fresh Blood is the key

The last time this happened was when Porters added Lawerence as a defensive mid.
and look how good that turned out to be.

With Player execution
Better defending late in the game to Win 1-0 vs Guatemala in TnT
Carlos finishing an easy chance to win 1-0 in guatemala

Add 4 points to TnT and subtract 4 points from Guatemala

The game on Wednesday would have been a top of the table clash instead we on the fence

The small things make a big difference.

Blame the players!

meh heart drop went ah see the miss...one on one...what better chance....as ah coach i would be heated...with the players for that miss...some saying or they came together in fews days...that have nothing to do with you and the keeper on ah one and one

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2008, 10:19:33 AM »
Carlos try to outsmart de keeper and squeeze it in near post. Is not de first time I see him try dat near post shot.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
Baygo Boy ah hear you, but I never said they were playing "not to lose" I said their mission was not to lose the game at all cost, and for that to happen, they had to play for the win. It was unfortunate not to get a win, especially with a clear chance being missed by Carlos (me eh see the game or the highlights so ah going by the comments here), but the mission of not losing was accomplished and we get to live another day.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »
These are professionals who are paid millions of dollars (ok, hundreds of thousands) to score goals and win.  Carlos is a premiership player and should have do better.  Scotland is a English Championship player and should have created more opportunities for himself. We make too many misses, even Stern miss rate is too high now a days.  (And I am a fan who could say what ever I want!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »
People carryin on like we SUPPOSED to beat Guatemala, in their home, a place where we have a history of losing..even with Yorke & Latas dem in de team, playing with 10 men for 60 minutes.

I eh know wha people does be seein wit we team nah.  Dey mus be sufferin some form a "optical delusion".

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2008, 10:48:13 AM »
People carryin on like we SUPPOSED to beat Guatemala, in their home, a place where we have a history of losing..even with Yorke & Latas dem in de team, playing with 10 men for 60 minutes.

I eh know wha people does be seein wit we team nah.  Dey mus be sufferin some form a "optical delusion".

com'on if you see the first half ...you wouldn't say that....they had two good clear cut chances  in the 1st before the one man down

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2008, 10:53:47 AM »

com'on if you see the first half ...you wouldn't say that....they had two good clear cut chances  in the 1st before the one man down

Read what Palos say again... "SUPPOSE"
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2008, 11:10:25 AM »

Lol...

Funny thing is when de Americans even hint at anything similar we does be all over dey ass about how they "arrogant"... but we supposed tuh walk in Guatemala and take win juss so.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2008, 11:15:59 AM »

Read what Palos say again... "SUPPOSE"

so what you saying.... they went there to draw...dread...they went to win...the team didn't played defended..only in the second half after a man down...but first half they was taking it to guatemala...you and other Trini...live on suppose i don't...if yuh have players who is good... to take it to ah team you never beat why go there to play for a draw...yuh go for the win

1]; } ?>