April 26, 2024, 03:33:47 PM

Author Topic: Valuable point for T&T.  (Read 10660 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players more to Blame Than Maturana
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 12:42:33 PM »
Palos ah reach dumbtist have 2 thank d players dat he is d best coach after Gally because he take ah team 2 Guatemala and we eh get licks.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Valuable point for T&T.
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2008, 01:02:52 PM »
Thanks Palos all of as sudden he get sooooooooooo bright and who eh c dat is DY and RL pick dat team need 2 have dey catarac remove and since meh man Wim was Beenie understudy and is he playbook is being used I benefitting from the royalties
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2008, 01:30:45 PM »
Valuable point .... hmmnnn   
How did we stand compared to Guatemala before the game ? ...and after the game ..well lets see..
We were three goals behind and equal on points with guatemala still having to play the USA and cuba.
We are now three goals behind and equal on points with Guatemala still having to play Cuba and the USA.
The only way I see us ahead is bacause of the jack factor ...you know that guy who some claim made some kinda deal in 1989 when a draw was all we needed but the USA as next host really wanted to qualify for Italy 1990...
the same guy who some say made some kinda deal when mexico was already in and could have allowed a loss to T&T so we could stay in with a chase last WC ....you know the same guy who was seen in Mexico before and after the game ( meh mexican friend still teasing me bout dat as he says that he was sure that a deal was made) ..
Well the USA is already in for the next round and have decided to drop 9 players for the game against us ...yes i backing de jack factor to get us through ..somehow !
Oh and by the way ...I see every body write off Cuba ...they for me hold another key !

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »
Maturana is still a big shithound.

love it... ah love it!!!!

Pacho eh have a clue...

all yuh could really imagine he, managing we in SA 2010?....

Madness...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »
I feel we good if we get adraw with de US. Cuba aint beating de US in de states and Cuba could get 7 if we need it in de last home game. Hope we make it cause it will have some very competitive games in de hex next year
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2008, 03:00:10 PM »
I'll take the 1 point. The our is in our players hands. Do matter what team Pacho put out there on Wed, they must realize the importance ot this game a step up 2 or 3 levels. This so-called weak US team has players who have played in a lot of big games for the US before. They have more recent international experience against biigger teams than our guys. All yuh can't believe Adu, Edu, Altidore and Bradley don't have international experience. Our guys have to to run their back-sides off on Wed.

Also, knowing our habit for cmplacency, I will not write off Cuba. I will play our strongest team against them. Remember what we did to Honduras a couple years ago in Honduras.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2008, 03:44:58 PM »
In every game, all players must shoulder most of the blame if they lose. They are the ones playing the game. When the lose too much, then the coach does get the blame and get fired.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »
In every game, all players must shoulder most of the blame if they lose. They are the ones playing the game. When the lose too much, then the coach does get the blame and get fired.

so if they lose one game it's the players fault, if they lose several games its the coaches fault  ???

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2008, 03:54:43 PM »

so if they lose one game it's the players fault, if they lose several games its the coaches fault  ???
only if some ah de bess men benchin or not even selected or if they selected they have a two game ban goin on :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2008, 04:14:49 PM »
As far as I am concerned with the present football in TT, I think them players should shoulder most of the responsibilities(win or lose). These men are pros. That is their living. They need to go the extra mile to improve their own game.

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »
In my humble opinion ... i blame the coach for one thing thus far in this campaign ... not selecting Birchall for every game.  That fella does play all out for tnt ... he does give plenty more than some of our "favourites" on the team.  For me is Birchall and 10 others ... In my humble opinion.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2008, 07:08:48 PM »

One of the places where we see this every few months is in England ... both with club and country. Tottenham is a live case-study. Good coach with a good winning resume, and top flight EPL players who can't seem to win, not for nothing. Funny thing, England NT had the same issue on the weekend. After a loss, the entire team is lambasted - the players more so, and the coach to a lesser extent. After a few losses, the coach shoulders most of the blame, and the players get away with less of the blame.

Point in reference. This past weekend - England's label as a quarterfinals team had alot of personnel issues being raised. The main critisism is/ was that Lampard and Gerrad cannot play together and be productive. Even Lampard admitted that they don't play together in an interview last week.

That issue seemed to be solved on the field with the display that England put on against Croatia, with Joe Cole excelling in Gerrard's position.
Capello would have selected Joe Cole ahead of Gerrad, based on the results. As fate would have it, Joe Cole was injured and Capello was bailed out of having to make a tough decision to play Cole ahead of Gerrard. We've heard the cliche, "Don't change a winning team" more so in W.I. cricket than we have in football, but that was the ideology that Capello would have stuck to. Gerrard and Lampard played together with some lacklustre against a spirited team, and the result was boos from fans and critics in the first half.

Their critics point fingers at the players first - then after a string of negative results, the coach has to account for his tactics, team selection, etc.

In TT, critics usually have it the other way around - blame the coach first, players later.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »
Palos...ah feel Latas unbeaten on Guatemalan soil... I think he only play twice there...89 and now... might be wrong..allyuh could check... oh and if so..we kept a clean sheet twice...liability mama
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »
Palos...ah feel Latas unbeaten on Guatemalan soil... I think he only play twice there...89 and now... might be wrong..allyuh could check... oh and if so..we kept a clean sheet twice...liability mama

what's his record against the US?  :'(

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
KND2 I wonder if you were paying attention to this Maturana man at all. Did you see our games this year ? That man is clueless. And I'll say it again , he is among the worst to ever coach T&T. The improvement in performance in the past few games is a direct result of better players who are now actually getting selected. I was in the stadium to see them put 9 past the Dominican Republic. For all intents and purposes Latapy and Yorke do more coaching than Maturana. The loss against Bermuda was unforgivable and the manner of the loss was demonstrative of Maturana's ineptitude. He switched to 3 at back for the first time with Lawrence, yes, Dennis Lawrence being the speediest defender.  Men getting played out of position. Poor or no subs like against the USA. He brought on Wolfe for Carlos on the RM against Guatemala and then Kerry Baptiste after we had already scored a goal with about 7 minutes to go.   Man, gimme a chance eh, I'm almost offended by this thread.   

He is an ass for listening to Corneal and dem for so long too ! O deh blooding new players ,steups. . Wim look plenty better than he with a much weaker side. I taking Bertille any day of the week over this quack , and I mean no disrespect to Mr. St Clair. 

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2008, 11:18:34 PM »
KND2 I wonder if you were paying attention to this Maturana man at all. Did you see our games this year ? That man is clueless. And I'll say it again , he is among the worst to ever coach T&T. The improvement in performance in the past few games is a direct result of better players who are now actually getting selected. I was in the stadium to see them put 9 past the Dominican Republic. For all intents and purposes Latapy and Yorke do more coaching than Maturana. The loss against Bermuda was unforgivable and the manner of the loss was demonstrative of Maturana's ineptitude. He switched to 3 at back for the first time with Lawrence, yes, Dennis Lawrence being the speediest defender.  Men getting played out of position. Poor or no subs like against the USA. He brought on Wolfe for Carlos on the RM against Guatemala and then Kerry Baptiste after we had already scored a goal with about 7 minutes to go.   Man, gimme a chance eh, I'm almost offended by this thread.   

He is an ass for listening to Corneal and dem for so long too ! O deh blooding new players ,steups. . Wim look plenty better than he with a much weaker side. I taking Bertille any day of the week over this quack , and I mean no disrespect to Mr. St Clair. 

Sorry but this is nonsense.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2008, 04:05:49 AM »

fishes , i would've agreed with you as of 2 weeks ago, but in this case i have to side with jah gol. this man doh have ah clue!

he have players like roberts on the bench ,for two vital games, in addition he ignored this kid and stern john for lesser talent.

he ignored this kid(roberts) and played fellas like wolf and leon who can't find the back of the net like this youth and stern. like in the USA game when glenn shot @ TIM HOWARD who spilled the ball and wolf got the rebound , he knew he was offside and instead of giving carlos the shot , he took it him self knowing he was in an off side position.

imagine he played stephen david ah struggling local PFL player istead of an experienced eridivise player who buss ajax and feynord net. CORNEAL AND MATURANA IS SOBOTAGING WE CAMPAIGN! they playing fellas who they like ! not guys with ablioty to win games.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2008, 04:45:42 AM »

fishes , i would've agreed with you as of 2 weeks ago, but in this case i have to side with jah gol. this man doh have ah clue!

he have players like roberts on the bench ,for two vital games, in addition he ignored this kid and stern john for lesser talent.

he ignored this kid(roberts) and played fellas like wolf and leon who can't find the back of the net like this youth and stern. like in the USA game when glenn shot @ TIM HOWARD who spilled the ball and wolf got the rebound , he knew he was offside and instead of giving carlos the shot , he took it him self knowing he was in an off side position.

imagine he played stephen david ah struggling local PFL player istead of an experienced eridivise player who buss ajax and feynord net. CORNEAL AND MATURANA IS SOBOTAGING WE CAMPAIGN! they playing fellas who they like ! not guys with ablioty to win games.
This kind of thing is so hurtful I can't describe it.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »

JC when I was younger playing and analysing football as best as my youhtfull body and mind could assimilate this would have been my reaction.
But as I've said before this coach has to my mind done a lot more good for TT than bad. Before this campaign some players would have never got a look in on the team.
People blasting the Corneals for team selection and I'm sure there is no material evidence  that they pick the team, too much emotion and high expectations of a team that qualify to a WC through a half spot against an inexperienced asian team.
We play Cuba in Cuba and beat them , was this expected ? Maybe.
We play US in the US and lorse, was this expected.? Hell no not after we win an away game. (stupid thinking that )
We play Guatemala at home and draw, was this expected? Yes after the dotish display against the US. But we draw.
We play Guatemala in Guatemala and draw , was this expected. Undecided. But we could have won and that would have been an acheivement that even Beenie did not get.

So the point is as armchair critics are we really evealuating everything this coach has done or are we just fighting down smallboy talk in this forum ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2008, 12:57:13 PM »

david is a good player but not better than roberts, the corneals are sabotaging the campaign, get it right, maturana is being used as a scapegoat

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »
Valuable point .... hmmnnn  
How did we stand compared to Guatemala before the game ? ...and after the game ..well lets see..
We were three goals behind and equal on points with guatemala still having to play the USA and cuba.
We are now three goals behind and equal on points with Guatemala still having to play Cuba and the USA.
The only way I see us ahead is bacause of the jack factor ...you know that guy who some claim made some kinda deal in 1989 when a draw was all we needed but the USA as next host really wanted to qualify for Italy 1990...
the same guy who some say made some kinda deal when mexico was already in and could have allowed a loss to T&T so we could stay in with a chase last WC ....you know the same guy who was seen in Mexico before and after the game ( meh mexican friend still teasing me bout dat as he says that he was sure that a deal was made) ..
Well the USA is already in for the next round and have decided to drop 9 players for the game against us ...yes i backing de jack factor to get us through ..somehow !
Oh and by the way ...I see every body write off Cuba ...they for me hold another key !

Yuh saying we didn't earn our qualification to de last world cup on de field?  Mexico has only beaten us once in Trinidad in world cup qualifying.  You sound like one ah dem outsiders who always trying to discredit what our players accomplish on de field by saying that Jack have ah hand in it.  Ah tired of hearing that unsubstantiated bullshit.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »
Jah boi doh waste yuh time

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2008, 05:29:21 AM »
But as I've said before this coach has to my mind done a lot more good for TT than bad. Before this campaign some players would have never got a look in on the team.
That has strictly nothing to do with Maturana. Thank Uncle Jack and the chipmunk for that. Before Maturana reach look at plenty men who "wouldn't ah get a look" who end up on the team :

Toussaint, Aguilera, Power, Pacheco, Nigel Daniel, Dwayne Jack, , Nickolson Thomas, Cupid, David, Noel, Christon Baptiste, Carter, Telesford, Hislop, Glenton Wolfe, Tinto, Wiltshire, Beenito, Leon, Bailey, Clarence, Noriega, Silas Spann plus more experienced ones like McFarlane, Glasgow, Jemmott, Fitzpatrick, Keyeno Thomas etc.

All these men play under Wim. The only guys Maturana + co can truly consider to have launched are hyland, daniel and akile edwards, and Wim had call hyland up before Fenwick decide to play the ass.
At the end of the day, 99% of them men have no place around the team, when we dealing with the business end of qualifying, and most of them have very little room or prospect of development given their ages.

A deep cesspool is still a cesspool.

People blasting the Corneals for team selection and I'm sure there is no material evidence  that they pick the team, too much emotion and high expectations of a team that qualify to a WC through a half spot against an inexperienced asian team.
I will agree with you on the corneal's but you wrong on the rest. It's too much high expectations of a "new look" team that almost didn't have one single member that qualified or participated in qualifying.

We play Cuba in Cuba and beat them , was this expected ? Maybe.
We play US in the US and lorse, was this expected.? Hell no not after we win an away game. (stupid thinking that )
We play Guatemala at home and draw, was this expected? Yes after the dotish display against the US. But we draw.
We play Guatemala in Guatemala and draw , was this expected. Undecided. But we could have won and that would have been an acheivement that even Beenie did not get.
We played guatemala at home BEFORE the USA. If we had won that game as we should have, the USA loss would have been anecdotic. Beenie did not GET the chance to to earn that achievement (win over Guatemala in guatemala. BSC was still the coach when we went there. And as you stated, we "could have won" but we didn't. Beenie "could have had us beat Sweden if Cornell had hit the underside of the post' Beenie "could have had us draw England" if Crouch wasn't a stink goat" Beenie "could have had us play Paraguay" for a draw if we had four points going into that last match Beenie "could" have unleashed Latas for all the world to admire his creativity.

But he didn't. Maturana shouldn't get any credit for almost either.

So the point is as armchair critics are we really evealuating everything this coach has done or are we just fighting down smallboy talk in this forum ?
Stop asking answers.

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2008, 06:11:00 AM »
All these men play under Wim. The only guys Maturana + co can truly consider to have launched are hyland, daniel and akile edwards, and Wim had call hyland up before Fenwick decide to play the ass.
Daniel was also called up by Wim, but did not play.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2008, 07:28:03 AM »

I wasn't 100% sure...was he with Jabloteh back then?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2008, 07:38:16 AM »

I wasn't 100% sure...was he with Jabloteh back then?
Is Keon Daniel ah talking bout, not Nigel Daniel.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>