April 19, 2024, 11:21:07 AM

Author Topic: Silvio recalled by Trinidad.  (Read 19527 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Silvio recalled by Trinidad.
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 02:46:55 PM »
I know one thing is ah sure deal for wednesday, the USA not coming here to loss, and dem youngstars will be running @ us even more-so than they 1st team. which means all old men except yorke , and all slow men have to come on in the 2nd half.

latas , spann, and hislop have to @ least ride pine in the 1st half in order for us to stand ah fighting chance.

i would definitely leave carlos in the right back position put glenn on the right wing BC that's what beenie did in the paraguay game, glenn has speed to burn and dribbling skills nuff, plus him and stern seem to have an understanding.

put daniel as the other winger with yorke and birchall as center mids, and roberts and stern as strike partners , one is relentless(roberts) and the other have the muscle and height to dominate in the center(stern) to weaken the defence.

that's the same thing they did in the 2nd bermuda game, they used daryl to terrorize the defence and keep them busy so they had more time defending than attacking and stern came on to clean up an already fatigued defence. and it worked like ah charm.

we need fit fast guys for this game, @ least in the 1st half, BC the US does play break away football.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »
I know one thing is ah sure deal for wednesday, the USA not coming here to loss, and dem youngstars will be running @ us even more-so than they 1st team. which means all old men except yorke , and all slow men have to come on in the 2nd half.

latas , spann, and hislop have to @ least ride pine in the 1st half in order for us to stand ah fighting chance.

i would definitely leave carlos in the right back position put glenn on the right wing BC that's what beenie did in the paraguay game, glenn has speed to burn and dribbling skills nuff, plus him and stern seem to have an understanding.

i eh tink we eh stand a fighting chance with them on de pitch...is once we not reacting to USA playing and we have them reacting to us!
i don't find glenn and stern have an understanding either...unless the understanding is that they doh like each other head!
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Silvio on his way home
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
Carlos is ah far better right back than him, i'm begining to dispise this coach yes!

is the opposite position carlos right back silvio right wing like how beenie use to do it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »
Sancho will be back by the Cuba game since he locally based now,to take over from Keyeno Thomas.

You really believe the palace coup could go that far?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »
All who want to talk talk about meh boi Spann, go back and watch thee both qualifies to go WC 2006 against  Bahrain and The Gold Cup in the US last year ah think, weh Silvio was big, hustling thee whole game like he was thee only man playing. That is ah hustler an a true warrior. He and Birchall will do goood fuh we together in thee midfield. I was wondering when they were going and call him back. He's ah believer and GOD is good.  Well come back Brethren.  :)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 06:54:43 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
If Sancho come back by Cuba dat eh go b know palace coup dat go b a bloody revolution
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »
Whatever happened to Kevaughn Connell ?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2008, 07:57:18 PM »
good question AB....

and about Spann recall...the word is "UTILITY"... is more that right back he covering eh...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »
Connell I 4get bout he yes. I c d thread news bout he come leh meh c what is d latest
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »
I find allyuh men moving real confused. It have no confusion here. The man get call up by Latas and Yorke to play rb cause he do it for the side in 2005.

Whether it right or wrong, it is the reality so it have no argument about men who on the bench getting bypassed and how the coach shoulda have the man in the side before. The men who picking the side Wednesday wasn't involved in calling up them men who on the bench.

True ...Bottom line is, Dwight and Latas calling the shots now ,remember Latas is 'player coach' and they know just who they want on the pitch. It eh by chance Ince ,Birchall,Stern and Spann get recall,or DL back in the starting line up , and quite rightly so.Last hex we didn't struggle to get out of the first round like we doing now , is the second round that we had to fight to get through .Now we have these same players available, but becuz we have ah seedless GOAT for ah manager name maturana, they were not played. Had this change happen before the Bermuda game we may definately would not have been in this dogfight now to get out of this round as the players would have been more in sync and we wudda cut USA arse.
Sancho need to be on the team ,don't be supprise to hear he get a  call . ;)
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »
Berris,
          a seedless goat as a special advisor!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:29 AM »
Last hex we didn't struggle to get out of the first round like we doing now , is the second round that we had to fight to get through .

Actually, not true.

Like yuh fuhget de game we nearly lorse against St Vincent when dey had we on de ropes wit a 1-0 lead and 2 subs save we.  Hector Sam equalize late in de game (past de 80th minute) & den Angus Eve score de winner in extra time to send we thru to de Hex.

If St Vincent did manage to hold on to de lead, it woulda be dem instead a we in de Hex.

CHECK DE PLAYERS WHO DID PLAY DAT GAME
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:35:44 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2008, 04:47:49 AM »
For me, I cannot understand how a man can get a last minute call up, and start ahead of man who were in the squad and played in previous games.  If that is the case, this individaul should have been in the squad all along if he was not injured.

It has happened several times in this smae campaign. I can't remember who get called, but I remember Guerra end up riding pine and man who wasn't even on the team list start
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2008, 04:50:26 AM »
After all dis argument, watch Telesford start at RB on Wednesday.
lol

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2008, 05:03:11 AM »
Last hex we didn't struggle to get out of the first round like we doing now , is the second round that we had to fight to get through .

Actually, not true.

Like yuh fuhget de game we nearly lorse against St Vincent when dey had we on de ropes wit a 1-0 lead and 2 subs save we.  Hector Sam equalize late in de game (past de 80th minute) & den Angus Eve score de winner in extra time to send we thru to de Hex.

If St Vincent did manage to hold on to de lead, it woulda be dem instead a we in de Hex.

Not true either.

If we had loss the match 1-0 we'd have been level on points with St. Vincent. However we would have still been leading them in head to head (we won the first match 2-0) and goal difference (+1 to -5). SVG actually needed to beat us by 3 goals to advance. A 2-0 loss would have pushed the game into extra time or a playoff (not sure which).

http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2006/concacaf_wrapup03.html

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2008, 05:18:20 AM »

The fact that this is an earlier round makes no difference because it's the same Guatemala and US teams that we struggled with last time in the Hex that we struggling with now, as opposed to Vincy and St. Lucia.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2008, 06:13:37 AM »
[
Gyasi Joyce?

Or

Silvio Spann?

But that comparison does not make sense as of right now..cause it looks liek Spann is getting recalled to fill in a position in the starting lineup and joyce spot is on the bench..so how is he replacing Joyce?

Cyd Gray = starting right back

Joyce = cover for Cyd Gray aka substitute right back

Cyd Gray got red carded, so 11-1 = 10

The team therefore needed to consolidate so (10-1, Latapy (offensive midfielder) +1, Leon (substitute defensive midfielder) = 10

Total = 0-0

Next game, No Cyd.....but we need a starting right back

Gyasi Joyce < Silvio Spann

AKA

Silvio Spann > Gyasi Joyce

Therefore, (=if Carlos Edwards does not start at Right Back against USA), Silvio Spann = Starting Right Back

De crazy ting here is I actually understand dat Math  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2008, 06:54:56 AM »
Plenty people talking about putting glenn on the wing and stuff like that, but allyuh forgetting that we need wing players who can track back defensively!!

That is why keon daniel was on the bench and anton wolfe played!!

That is why kevaughn connell cant see this side!!

So please factor that in when allyuh "picking" de team.

Daryl roberts, in my opinion will be the man on the left, and they going with spann and carlos on de right.  If Touches only right about his Telesford prediction, then we in serious trouble!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:52 AM »
We have to win this game tomorrow because if we go through,we are looking at playing them(US) twice again and the psychology of the game will be in their favor if we cannot beat them with what amounts to their B team...just truth

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2008, 07:24:34 AM »
If Silvo and Edwards can develop any kind of chemisrty on the right side over the next 2 games,these 2 players are interchangable in both positions on the right side,some may be crying and some screeming,Cyd could well have played his last game,my reasoning is that by the time 2010 comes around all our players will be 2 years older I am not sure of Cyd age but I am sure he is in his 30`s,lets face it we have a bunch of gereatrics on the field and now is good a time as ever to start preparing ourselves that some who have brought us this far will not be there in the end I also think is time the kuckleheads to stop playing with it and bring back Sancho as lawerence is no spring chicken,having experience is great but due to ineptness we have not considered the future........Julius and KJ plese get fit soon our future is depening on you

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Trinidad Express: Spann gets call, Cornell has hamstring problem
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2008, 07:59:39 AM »

Wrexham's Silvio Spann has been called up by Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana for tomorrow's crucial 2010 World Cup qualifier against the United States at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Spann, who last played for T&T in a 0-0 draw with Guadeloupe in February, was scheduled to arrive yesterday evening and will join the team camp at the Crowne Plaza in Port of Spain.

In other team news, there is some doubt over striker Cornell Glen who is carrying a hamstring problem and he will be monitored closely up until today.

There is better news for defender Dennis Lawrence, who picked up a strain in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Guatemala, but has been given the all-clear to train and play.

Southampton striker Stern John also got the green light for Wednesday's match
after nursing a hamstring strain.

Spann, summoned with defender Cyd Gray and midfielder Anthony Wolfe suspended,  was delighted with the call-up, which came from the airport in Guatemala prior to the national team's departure.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) was able to confirm Spann's travel arrangements.

"I got a phone call late on Sunday afternoon," he said.

"After that it was a bit of a panic to get in touch with the gaffer to clear it with him and then sort out flights.

"The TTFF officials were still travelling home from Guatemala on Sunday, so they couldn't organise my travel. Hopefully, everything will drop into place and I will be back in Trinidad late on Monday. That will give me time to prepare myself for the game on Wednesday evening.

"This is a very important game for my country and it's great to be involved again."

Due to the times of return flights from the Caribbean, Silvio will head back to Wrexham on Thursday evening, arriving at lunchtime on Friday.

Wrexham manager Dean Saunders was happy for the player.

"Silvio has been down a bit of late, but playing against York and now being recalled by his country has given him a lift," said the manager.

"This is exactly the sort of thing I was trying to point out to the players-if you put in the work, then you will get your rewards.

"It is a long trip for him, but he's used to it and it's great to see him smiling again."

And after the Guatemala game, President George Maxwell Richards and TTFF special adviser Jack Warner were all smiles as they greeted T&T captain Dwight Yorke and the national team prior to boarding the Dominican Airways charter flight out of Guatemala City on Sunday.

Warner told the squad earlier in the day that the TTFF would double the players' match wage.

"What a show of character, determination, fight and belief. What those guys displayed out there is what we need more of in our country...to be able to combat the problems we are facing today. We are all proud of the efforts. Never before did one point have so much value," Warner said of the 0-0 draw against the Central Americans.

"I have told them that their match fees have been doubled for what they did against Guatemala and they deserve every bit of it."

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad Express: Spann gets call, Cornell has hamstring problem
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2008, 08:04:49 AM »
"The TTFF officials were still travelling home from Guatemala on Sunday, so they couldn't organise my travel."

So TTFF had NOBODY on the ground to arrange flights for Spann?

Look Jack offerin more money again.  Ah hope they get it in writing.
FPATT look allyuh have more wuk to do.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »
Nobody seem to be considering the possibility that Silvio Spann might be called back as cover for Carlos Edwards.  Edwards was the cover for Cyd Gray at right back now Cyd is out we need someone to cover for Carlos Edwards.  What if Edwards gets a red card or gets injured who is his cover?  Calling back Spann is a sensible decision since he can play either the right wing or right back position.  He did it under Beenie during the last WCQ campaign and him and Carlos interchanged very well.. 

Another thing to keep in mind.  Yorke played the full 90 against Guatemala and he ran his guts off.  He might not be able to last the full 90 against the US.  Clyde Leon looked lost in the last 2 games against the US and Guatemala.  Spann's natural position is defensive midfield so he would also be cover for Yorke also.  Maybe he is not in the best form right now but he has experience playing all three of the previously mentioned positions.  I am not saying whether he should start or not but when you look at it from the perspective of his experience playing three different positions calling him back makes a lot of sense.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »

Warner told the squad earlier in the day that the TTFF would double the players' match wage.

"I have told them that their match fees have been doubled for what they did against Guatemala and they deserve every bit of it."

:o :rotfl: Anybody else see this and stunned? Them men get pay yet from the last campaign? If I was one of the players I woulda just steups and walk off.....
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:17:16 AM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2008, 09:21:59 AM »

Wrexham's Silvio Spann has been called up by Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana for tomorrow's crucial 2010 World Cup qualifier against the United States at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Spann, who last played for T&T in a 0-0 draw with Guadeloupe in February, was scheduled to arrive yesterday evening and will join the team camp at the Crowne Plaza in Port of Spain.

In other team news, there is some doubt over striker Cornell Glen who is carrying a hamstring problem and he will be monitored closely up until today.

There is better news for defender Dennis Lawrence, who picked up a strain in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Guatemala, but has been given the all-clear to train and play.

Southampton striker Stern John also got the green light for Wednesday's match
after nursing a hamstring strain.

Spann, summoned with defender Cyd Gray and midfielder Anthony Wolfe suspended,  was delighted with the call-up, which came from the airport in Guatemala prior to the national team's departure.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) was able to confirm Spann's travel arrangements.

"I got a phone call late on Sunday afternoon," he said.

"After that it was a bit of a panic to get in touch with the gaffer to clear it with him and then sort out flights.

"The TTFF officials were still travelling home from Guatemala on Sunday, so they couldn't organise my travel. Hopefully, everything will drop into place and I will be back in Trinidad late on Monday. That will give me time to prepare myself for the game on Wednesday evening.

"This is a very important game for my country and it's great to be involved again."

Due to the times of return flights from the Caribbean, Silvio will head back to Wrexham on Thursday evening, arriving at lunchtime on Friday.

Wrexham manager Dean Saunders was happy for the player.

"Silvio has been down a bit of late, but playing against York and now being recalled by his country has given him a lift," said the manager.

"This is exactly the sort of thing I was trying to point out to the players-if you put in the work, then you will get your rewards.

"It is a long trip for him, but he's used to it and it's great to see him smiling again."

And after the Guatemala game, President George Maxwell Richards and TTFF special adviser Jack Warner were all smiles as they greeted T&T captain Dwight Yorke and the national team prior to boarding the Dominican Airways charter flight out of Guatemala City on Sunday.

"What a show of character, determination, fight and belief. What those guys displayed out there is what we need more of in our country...to be able to combat the problems we are facing today. We are all proud of the efforts. Never before did one point have so much value," Warner said of the 0-0 draw against the Central Americans.

Oh shucks.  Ah see another blacklist coming.  Ent dis is de same thing that lead to de first row between Jack and de 2006 players.  Now Jack making verbal money promises again.  Ah hope this time the players either get him to put it writing or tell him no thanks.  FPATT allyuh seeing this.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
Never before did one point have so much value," Warner said of the 0-0 draw against the Central Americans.

Let me go get my court clothes........lol

Never before? i thought the draw against Sweden was bigger.  Like Jack Warner like tuh give away money when we draw.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Maaan, i just wanna hear the announcer say "SI-SI-SIIIIILVIOOOOOOOOO" again.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
Dem players should know better dan to fall for dis double de wages ting.

Dey should know dat Jack mean NET...which could mean anyting.

I could jes see it now.. (All prices in US$)

Players match fee + $5,000

Player insurance - $3,000

Airfare - $1,000

Meals, Accomodation & Ground Transportation - $800

Training Balls, Gatorade, Uniforms, & Nets - $500

NET TOTAL =  - $300

Double players match fee = -$600

Jackula to Players.....aaaaa...lll...yyyyuuuuhhhh oooooooooowe meeeeehhhhhhh US$600 EACH!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
palos is more like 2 gran us ah game
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
leh we calculate with what Morvant said that they get

Dem players should know better dan to fall for dis double de wages ting.
Dey should know dat Jack mean NET...which could mean anyting.
I could jes see it now.. (All prices in US$)
Players match fee + $5,000 $2,000
Player insurance - $3,000
Airfare - $1,000
Meals, Accomodation & Ground Transportation - $800
Training Balls, Gatorade, Uniforms, & Nets - $500
NET TOTAL =  - $300
Double players match fee = -$600 - $5,200
Jackula to Players.....aaaaa...lll...yyyyuuuuhhhh oooooooooowe meeeeehhhhhhh US$600 US$5,200 EACH!
JackAss does be making money off ah we players ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:33:45 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>