April 18, 2024, 06:11:22 PM

Author Topic: What of Maturana?  (Read 9876 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What of Maturana?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 06:53:05 AM »
Well, well let's see here. He beat the USA after so many years. BSC didn't do it, Gally fall short, beenie didn't come close, forget Wim, and he beat dem with de same players Beenie and Wim had at their disposal, and he do it after a few games with this squad  :devil: :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl:

None of those other coaches played against the US 'B' team.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 07:02:39 AM »
Well, well let's see here. He beat the USA after so many years. BSC didn't do it, Gally fall short, beenie didn't come close, forget Wim, and he beat dem with de same players Beenie and Wim had at their disposal, and he do it after a few games with this squad  :devil: :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you can't be serious
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 07:08:33 AM »
Maturana and Corneal still have to go!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 07:09:44 AM »
Yogi excellent 2nd post
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline salsero

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 07:43:49 AM »
Get off the coach, he got the job done that no other coach could accomplish. First he was trying to build a system concentrating on the local players (JACK's PLAN), this did not work, also T&T Sports Ministry would not grant the use of the national stadium, Jack Warner's intervention on team selection, what a disruptive situation. In Colombia or any country these disruptions for the national team would never occur.People give the man credit, he got the job done from a soccer federation and sports ministry in dissarray

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2008, 07:51:47 AM »
Salsero where d MOS say dey cyah use d stadium post d link ah waitin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline salsero

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »
For the Bermuda game, then to play in the Manny Ramjohn, there are High School Stadiums in poorer countries that are on par with this stadium

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 08:12:48 AM »
Brudder d MOS neva say dey cyah play dey just say 2 pay 4 it just like d SSFL does pay 4 it 4 d Intercol final who have more money d SSFL or d TTFF

Offline salsero

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »
For a country that is probably the richest country(income per capita) in the caribbean and Latin America (Stats From CNN) having it's national team play at that 3rd class venue. Bottom line is Maturana is doing fine in a very bad situation. I did not agree with his selection against the USA in september, but in the organized world, results is what matters.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
Quite honestly everyones entitled to their own opinion and in no way shall we agree on everything... However I think that Pancho is doing a fine job and I have said this before on this board even after our lost to the US. There is a lot of adversity to work with and around in dealing with the national team and dont think for one minute Beenie as well as L. Phillips weren't close to the chopping blocks or the hatchet man.

Lets concentrate on our players and stop all the negativity towards the coach..it is what it is.. Look at the US with Bradley...the man has a very good track record since taking over the team yet the pundits still call for his head.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 08:41:45 AM »
Exactly Matador callin 4 d coach head is ah part ah d game but when u call 4 d afro head is a problen. Not 2 mention he do nuff ting 4 we not 2 call 4 he head but he hold body

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:36 AM »
Now me eh no Maturana fan but de man ha to get some credit.  Sure we looked ridiculous in Illinois but the man have us back in the thick of it and looking better as a team right now.  I not putting a lot of stock in the US win.  It is a milestone for our football because it's historical but it was essentially their young guns who are being bred for the future we beat.  With that said however, a win is in fact a win and we moved 3 points closer to the hex under his guidance as manager.  So while I am not a fan of his I have to give him credit for having us in position to compete for another WC appearance.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 09:16:11 AM »
I givin d credit 2 Latas and Yorke u feel dumbtst and chipmunk call back Spann doubt it very much. Me eh agree wit d recall but dem made dat call while he make d call 2 drop Avery

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 09:20:45 AM »
Congrats to the coaching staff for a job well done.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 09:21:45 AM »
I givin d credit 2 Latas and Yorke u feel dumbtst and chipmunk call back Spann doubt it very much. Me eh agree wit d recall but dem made dat call while he make d call 2 drop Avery

So then yuh sayin Maturana is part of ah Puppet Regime then?  Allyuh does confuse me bad oui.  If man eh get call back or a subpar team (as we see it) plays is Mats do bullshit, but when (what appears to be ) de right men get call back and a good squad play is not he ent?  Allyuh rell fulla shit in troot oui!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »
Is d pope catholic? So d subpar team wit Lawerence on d bench who do dat u eh hear players was not bein played because dey was disruptive etc who eh pick dem Mats eh have a clue. D man watch tapes and only c Whitley

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
If had pick the best team from the start of the campaign the fans would have no problem with him...  but he made things hard for himself...now we know he is just a puppet cuz he not picking the team... he just picking a formation and picking the starting xi(dangerous thing to give him)

He is ok at best and apparently the players dont like his methods saying he reminds them of bertille... he not fresh he not motivating the team and the players decided they hadda do it themselves and run the show...

I dont see why we just cant bring in a lively english speaking coach and provided we reach the hex give it a real go

instead of wasting money on "the dumbist" (copyright weary)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
Breds is eida yuh give him credit fuh all or none, doh cherry pick to attribute bullsit alone to de man an give de glory to others.  Dat is pure grade A kakaholishness!!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 09:38:24 AM »
Breds is eida yuh give him credit fuh all or none, doh cherry pick to attribute bullsit alone to de man an give de glory to others.  Dat is pure grade A kakaholishness!!

Ah like how these new posters seeing things and allyuh hardback ole posters cyar see what they talking  bout.

They getting orn like TT ent suppose to try and develop new home spun players for the future and incidently this is the time for that and not the hex.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 09:51:29 AM »
so far our results have been better than the last campaign, so why men crying wolf, mats is not the man who mess with selection, its corneal, when will these guys understand that, big mag needs to tell them again

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 10:13:20 AM »
How it betta we reach d hex yet

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 10:38:24 AM »
so far our results have been better than the last campaign, so why men crying wolf, mats is not the man who mess with selection, its corneal, when will these guys understand that, big mag needs to tell them again

When it come to football it seem we SW supporters only kno how to panic.  If de man give de yutes ah run, den he wrong to leave out de vets.  But when de time reach dat de vets unable (whether injuries or age) cah make it an we young talent underdeveolped den what?  Bet de same people go say he's ah imps fuh relyin on dem old players so much and not bringing along the youngsters!  Cah friggin please dem people at all nah!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »

When it come to football it seem we SW supporters only kno how to panic.  If de man give de yutes ah run, den he wrong to leave out de vets.  But when de time reach dat de vets unable (whether injuries or age) cah make it an we young talent underdeveloped den what?  Bet de same people go say he's ah imps fuh relyin on dem old players so much and not bringing along the youngsters!  Cah friggin please dem people at all nah!!
My complaint was that Jack dropped ALL the forren and did not include them for awhile
Jack has a great FIFA business brain...but for him to do that he knows SHIT ALL about chemistry within a team.
He should have kept the nucleus and added/Dropped players as need be. Just like how the USA operated last night.
but NOT a full blown BlackList...Oh Gaum man
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:57:19 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »
Me eh know what going on in training or in de dressing room, so me cyah judge him on dat. My only beef with Maturana was his selection policy. If you picking a shit squad, no matter how much instruction you give dem, you'll be putting out shit on de field. And that's what was pissing me off. As long we using our best available 22-30 players and we playing alright, me and Pacho cool.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »
look like he learning the game better and better after every game played . He will become a great coach one day .
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 11:32:28 AM »
After Wednesday- , All and sundry will be hailing him as the new King. He will be the new Bennie.

Hill?
ha,ha,ha!!!!! :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
My complaint was that Jack dropped ALL the forren and did not include them for awhile
Jack has a great FIFA business brain...but for him to do that he knows SHIT ALL about chemistry within a team.
He should have kept the nucleus and added/Dropped players as need be. Just like how the USA operated last night.
but NOT a full blown BlackList...Oh Gaum man

I thought that whole blacklist thing was complete bullshit mihself too!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »
The cream always rise to the top,Jack figured one that one late... :devil:
Tha coach has wining record and the want his head....... ???
You bring in a new coach now,you will be starting all over again,at this time I fail to see the wiseness in that logic,there are too many varables that we cannot address nor for see at this point,to be making that kind of change

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2008, 01:21:20 PM »
I could only compare Mats with who we had before and given the challenges he faced in the earlies.  I look at how our players...same foreign based players...if yuh want to call them that was playing under Bertille and the difference in play under Beenie, and it was chalk and cheese.  Everyone could have seen a remarkable improvement in the players and their approach to the game.

Mats started off with amatuers and played against lowly opponents and got justifiable results.  MY opinion is that ANY coach given the team he had wouldve produced the same results.  I still think so given the players he now has at his disposal.  I doh think Corneal or Bertille or even Wim could have done worse with the team last night.  I didn't see anything in their play that suggests that we are a world beating team better now that Maturana in charge.  In the past he had lots of questionable player choices with no explanation, lost a game to Bermuda, but drew twice against Jamaica, substitution policies in games kinda inexplicable....  I think he still running on Beenie dregs...Beenie leave a lasting impression on the overseas players and anybody come next just lapping it up.

If you really want to test his mettle, then let's play top competition with out the foreign based and see how we fare. 
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »
How it betta we reach d hex yet

Wha flava yuh drink dis mawnin weary?  ;D ;D

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>