April 28, 2024, 06:49:47 AM

Author Topic: There was no plan against Costa Rica  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
There was no plan against Costa Rica
« on: September 10, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »
Letter to the Trinidad Express

Question for Leo and Jack. What's the excuse this time around? The fans await your response. It was obvious that we had no constructive plan against the Costa Ricans. On the other hand they had a plan for us. They shut down "Latas" at every turn.

Our midfielders gave away the ball like candy, our shooting was cross-eyed and our back line was running around like the proverbial chicken without its head.

Listen, Warriors, Mr Warner has done his utmost for you guys, show him you want to qualify and do just that-qualify. That will also give this nation an opportunity to rise from the ashes we are in.

The Observer
Belmont

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: There was no plan against Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 09:09:18 PM »
Good one Tallman!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 09:11:56 PM »

Is this the same socawarrior named Observer?

If so...how he gettting so much letters publish so.

We cud use him as a link for the socawarriors.net crew to send messages to the general public....like maybe the definition of a waggonist   ;D

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

``Nice letter,'' even though it is somewhat funny.  It seems as though the editors of some newspapers choose a particular type of letter, and the above might give us a clue.  Note the polite open question that is on the ordinary person's mind.
Not too much technical analysis, but an analysis that the man in the street can repeat:  ``midfielders gave away the ball like candy.''  And ending on a hopeful note, or with the hope of the nation. 

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 10:43:38 PM »
is his analysis correct, some have said we did not play to badly  but just did not put away our chances.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 11:18:51 PM »
I agree with the Belmont dude..we jus give away the ball a whole lot...especially in the beginning of the 2nd half.  It was the smae thing over and over, 2 -3 passes and then whitley or avery passin it to the opposition.  if the ball knocking around the back...back pass to jack - boom kick to the opposition...they kinda cool out with that towards the end of the 2nd half, but then poor finishing was the order of the day.
I hat e to agree with that dude in light of his last letter...and in this one I definitely don't think anybody owe he no explanation, but the bad passes definitely stuck out in my mind

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 05:54:55 AM »
It was the same thing over and over, 2 -3 passes and then whitley or avery passin it to the opposition.
Bounty, what game yuh was watching, Guatemala or Costa Rica ? Avery didn't play against Costa Rica.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 06:30:08 AM »
If this is the same Observer who call we Zigabooos, and tell Spidey Buff to put down we national flag, and thought it was a mistake to go to the game instead of watching it on tv.

FIRE !! :flamethrower: BUN for he!!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 07:44:36 AM »
I saw the game yesterday on telemundo and eh agree with he too much atall . Sometimes dey made ah lil bad pass an ting but dey showed a lot of heart as they have been showing lately. They move de around de park using a lot more of the field and dem fellas never gave up.

If I see a lot more performances like this I will be satisfied hoping that they put more balls in de opposition back of the net. The fellas played entertaining football and character seem to be building in de team, is too bad it take them so long to get a lil composure and heart on field though.

One ting we cyar complain about is heart cause dem boys really playing dey arse off out dey de last three matches. In de gold cup we didn't get the performance dat we wanted we complain about the nonchalant attitude well dis rounds de fellas performing. De engine running is just we ain't scoring as much.

Whoever dis Zigaboo is he just opening he arse cause he have ah forum for it, doh fall for de hype .

Don't be blown by every criticizing wind.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 08:04:10 AM »
Dat eh me I doh write in news papers. Plus allyuh know Jack eh getting all dem props from me  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 08:15:30 AM »
It was the same thing over and over, 2 -3 passes and then whitley or avery passin it to the opposition.
Bounty, what game yuh was watching, Guatemala or Costa Rica ? Avery didn't play against Costa Rica.

I feel sometimes men does watch games that never played.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 08:28:03 AM »
I watched the game on telemundo yesterday also.

I actually thought they played well.

We have to realize that in away games you have to be very clinical with taking your chances. We had a good few chances and didn't put them away. Just think if we had equalized before they scored the second one how different the game would have been.

CR was lucky. The 2 best defenders to deal with a guy like Gomez couldn't play, Avery and Sancho. If anything we needed a bruiser for that guy. Eventually the luck must come our way.

Overall I was impressed with the play but not with the result.
TnT Patriot

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 08:55:33 AM »
I am confident Beenie had a very meticulous plan. Maybe the writer of the letter should consider the ability of our players to execute these plans...there is a class of fan who never holds the players accountable and this person is clearly one of them. Besides, I think the boys gave a decent account of themselves. A lil inconsistant, but one the road, on a strange surface, against a team we have not beaten in WC qualifiers, home or away in over 16 years....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 12:14:54 PM »
I saw the game yesterday on telemundo as well and in my opinion we played well. Yes we made some errors but is not like CR played all over us and dominated the whole game.

What I saw was that we were not fortunate to capitalize on our many chances. I am sure if Birchall shot bus through de net, Dog flick went in and Scotland shot zip pass de keeper and goal post instead of hitting de side netting man woulda been singing ah different story.

Because we are warriors doh mean we cyar take lick...what really matters is how we bounce back after losing a game... and from what I have seen thus far I believe we are going to bounce back stronger!

Warrior 2 d end!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 12:26:51 PM by Fire Brand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2005, 12:19:41 PM »
ok i have yet to see the game but based on what you guys are saying the Observer fella, from the papers, talking rubbish!!!!
ok ah putting he name on the list to he BAN from Germany when we qualify  :shameonyou:

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 12:22:07 PM »
I believe they played well in that game. We had some chances that we didn;t take advantage of.

I still contend that the surface played alot in the turn over rate of the team.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »
Letter to the Trinidad Express

Question for Leo and Jack. What's the excuse this time around? The fans await your response. It was obvious that we had no constructive plan against the Costa Ricans. On the other hand they had a plan for us. They shut down "Latas" at every turn.

Our midfielders gave away the ball like candy, our shooting was cross-eyed and our back line was running around like the proverbial chicken without its head.

Listen, Warriors, Mr Warner has done his utmost for you guys, show him you want to qualify and do just that-qualify. That will also give this nation an opportunity to rise from the ashes we are in.

The Observer
Belmont

I humbly disagree with this viewpoint.
We have always been over-run in San Jose. Not many people appreciate that playin there is also playing at altitude, maybe not as bad as Mex City, but still a factor.
I saw a TT team play with heart on Wed.

1]; } ?>