March 28, 2024, 08:09:13 PM

Author Topic: who do you think should start upfront for the panama game.  (Read 1782 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
who do you think should start upfront for the panama game.
« on: September 10, 2005, 11:17:31 PM »
Here's a few of my choices:cornell glen defintely a take it to the defense player,scott sealy who happens to have potential as a gary liniker in the making,will compliment glen very well.Also kenwynne jones good skills good ball control in tight spaces,and others I would love to see is jerron nixon great player working down the flanks,and whatever happened to terry st.louis       
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 05:57:42 AM by Tallman »

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: who do you think should start upfront for the panama game.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 11:37:04 PM »
hahahahaha what sh#t you talking!!! hahahhahaha.wake up yes!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:42:28 PM »
hahahahaha what sh#t you talking!!! hahahhahaha.wake up yes!!

allyuh tough on this site boy!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 12:26:50 AM »
doh mind nobody boss. saga pinto - yuh eh see de motto - follow suit and talk yuh talk.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 08:54:05 AM »
Stern tooze dong he pants in every game ... with the exception of 5 mins at the end of the Guatemala game - After that, everybody start bawling yuh have to be mad to drop a scoring striker ... that remind me of the West Indies teams of the last 10 years .... everytime the win a game by fluke, the selectors and public bawl, "yuh can't change a winning team" ... West Indies eh win a series in wha ... about 5 years now?
 - Same thing with Stern ... yuh can't change a scoring striker ... but he eh score vs CR .... so wha's the excuse now?

we have 180 mins of football that we must be competitive and hands down dominating if we are to qualify for the WC.

I don't understand what it is with Trini footballers ... they could NEVER play 90 mins of football ... why is it that you can't concentrate on something that is your job, for 90 minutes?

If Stern cannot play competitively over the next 90 mins, then he does not deserve to be upfront.
At the moment, it's a given that he will start vs Panama ... but I say that if he doesn't show hustle and stop flecking falling down every time he touch the ball ... then sub he arse even before the 1st half done and bring on C. Glenn or K. Jones.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 12:26:23 PM »
Poti ... i don't know which site u talking bout ..... but I can't remember seeing anybody say not to drop Stern. The man score 2 goals ....but he still playing sh!t ....... before and after them 2 goals. Stern need to start vanishing the bench with his ass.

Up front i like Jones and Scotland.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 01:00:17 PM »
ehh ... this site self http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=3575.0

Doh get meh wrong ... I like Stern, and love him even more when he scoring .... but this is not the Gold Cup/ Digicel Cup ... or no damn no name cup competition for Coventry. This is that biggest damn stage of all ..... and if he can't step up and play on a whole next level, then the chance must go to someone else who is more hungry for that success.

Yorke have Champions League Gold & Latapy have CWC medals .... and they would willingly trade that anyday to play in the WC ... that is why they have returned, stepped up and are playing at a higher level for the National Team. Stern is a good player - who can become great if he can step up to another level. So far he's had the entire campaign and only stepped up for 5 minutes.

Now we're down to the crunch time, and we seriously have to ask ourselves how much more can we put up with because the worse feeling in the world will be sitting down on October 12th saying ... "Whey .... ah know we shoulda do this instead of that" ..... it will be worse than how we feel on Nov 19th 1989.

I was 9 years old and cry my damn self to sleep that night ... and as big man now ... I eh crying no more over TT football if man bigger than me can't pull the wool off their eyes and do the right thing.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 02:42:43 PM »
Up front--Jones and Scotland.  Sealy first off the bench, with Stern bamcy glued to the pine.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 02:43:27 PM »
Beenhakker has to go with a solid squad for those 2 games, I hope no one gets injured before, keep fingers crossed.
As for the forwards, I feel he has to have a contingency plan for both games, particularly ultra attacking mode, as we need 2 wins.
Suppose in either game we down or tied with time running out fast.
He will have to do something similar to Guat at home when we end up playing with 3 out and out forwards.
For the next 2 games, we may need more than that.
I feel Jones, Scotland, Stern and Glen should all be recalled.
After the Guat and the Cr game, which I jus finish watch, one thing is clear to me, we need Stern. He may not have scored vs CR, but he is indeed our marquee player up front as Beenie said. He should always be on the field once he not injured for the remaining 2-4 games we have for Germany. If anyone else thinks otherwise, they dont know football.
Yes our other forwards may be faster, and could take on defenders better on the run, but Stern have a presence and name that CONCACAF knows. His presence alone will always warrant close attention. AND HE CAN SCORE, something the other forwards we have are now learning how to do. Stern is in a class by himself when it comes to popping up in the right spot, maybe just once a game. He is in a class by himself for putting the ball in the net. He is also riding confidence and adrenalain from the Guat game. He MUST PLAY AT ALL TIMES. Our forwards will roate around him.
To start, Stern for sure. Glenn and Jones do better coming on later I find.
In the CR game, Sealy created a couple chances for himself in the little time he got. I feel he due to deliver something for us also.
These are the most crucial games for us coming up, we need wins. Draws wont cut it, so we need all our firepower at our disposal!
I say recall all 4 forwards. heck, even Latapy can join in the hunting.
We have to prepare for a scenario in Panama or in Mexico, where we need the win and we are tied or down with 12 mins to go.
All out attack will be our only option.

My starting line up vs Panama will be:

Jack - GK
Dog- Stopper
Lawrence - Sweeper
Avery - Left back
Spann - Right back
Birchall - CM
Latas -CM
Edwards - RM
Whitely - LM
Yorke - CM/F
Stern - F

Latas will interchange with Whitley to relieve some of the pressure on the left flank.
Yorke and Latas will also help stern a lot up front directly.

Shaka as back up keeper.
Cox and Atiba as the back up defenders.
Theobald as the midfield sub.
Jones, Glen, Sealy as power attacking subs.

Thats the 18 for the 2 games.
The yellow card situation will also affect the Mex game, as although we have no suspensions for the Panama game, we have about 5 men on yellows.

1]; } ?>