April 27, 2024, 12:33:51 PM

Author Topic: $500 $200....is it fair?  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
$500 $200....is it fair?
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »
Last night in the stadium, i was wondering if the current price for tickets: 500 tt covered and 200 tt uncovered is fair for a WCQ.

Due to inflation and other economic factors i wasnt surprised by the uncovered going from 100 to 200  but why did covered jump 200 to 500?

why the big increase....wouldnt it have been logical as 300 200?

Covered stands was about 2000 people last night... yes we have the community in TnT that will pay the 500 and sell out covered stands but that will only happen in the waggonist type situations

Also..I am sure the person that came up with the prices did comparisons with other countries such as USA but those countries have millions of people...odds are they will sell out the stadium due to the amount of people in the state

as a covered stands person..500 tt is way too much...  I've been in uncovered stands 3 times in my life since going to T&T games and that was for 2 WCQ's( Honduras and Costa Rica in the 2002 WC campaign...we lost both games and Australia vs TnT U17 game..we lost that too... so i not sitting uncovered for the good of the team lol)

Jamrockian's...how much Jamrock federation charging allyuh games for?

Also wouldnt charging 300 200 bring in more profit than 500 200?

500 x 2000 = 1 million tt      but 300 x 5000 = 1 500 000tt

and then the uncovered amount....  the ttff would be 500 000 richer

it just doesnt make any sense to me

Also if they keeping it at 500 200...which they more than likely will 

why not offer a 1500 tt package for all 5 games in the hex(provided we get there) and let the waggonists pay the 500 when they ready to come out

therefore you will know you have yuh ticket for 300 every game

same ting for uncovered...800 for a 5 game package instead of 1000 ... trust me the stadium will be sold out everygame

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:09:07 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: $500 $200....is it fair?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »
SM, rem you actually going to school to learn about sports management....and you actually using yuh brain..

now think about who running the TTFF and then come again  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »
gotta include how much rent is being paid to use the stadium.
who gets $ from the concession stands? (lol) ... and how much is that?
how much $ is generated from the advertising boards? ... and who gets that?

I see goal.com rip TT fans for not filling the stadium .... but Carnival early this year again, so the all-inclusives must be coming fast and furious ... and I hear costume prices gone up!!
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »
Common Touches break it down for we..

Show us a Financial Statement of d game.. Income Statement, Cash Flow and a Balance Sheet that balancing too... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:29:07 PM »
SM u have a gr8 future study hard boi in my days I did not have dat option
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »
Not fair.  look at a top match that had so much buzz and on  65% of a 25000 capacity stadium showed up. should be $100 for uncovered and $400 for covered

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:46:26 PM »
$30-$80 US...

Not as onerous as folks making it.... not when yuh average Carnival all-inclusive (I ent even mention costume) cost as much.

Now I fully understand that the all-inclusive crowd likely ent even know how tuh spell "soccer worriers" and the die hard warriornation members can't afford all-inclusives... but still scrimp and save.  Not like it have one of these matches every weekend.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »
TTFF could haul they ass with dem price.

the rest of we have family with corporate tix and scalpers or family with corporate tix who is scalpers.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 03:45:03 AM »
samll mag you using sense and TTF in same paragraph ????
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 11:16:13 AM »
and is four magicians paying for each match..what is that total ??..small mag ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »
Under all dat.....de players still cyah get ah money, and is still Jack who hadda pay de staff.....

Ah guess all yuh want it to be....six cyan ah food for ah ticket, or bring yuh receipt from yuh bmobile fone cyad and yuh pay ah ten dollars to get eeene side.

I doh mind de price now, because when yuh convert it to US it still kinda fair.....but ah find dese preliminary stages could really be a lil cheaper, so we could fill de stadium at least

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »
Under all dat.....de players still cyah get ah money, and is still Jack who hadda pay de staff.....

Ah guess all yuh want it to be....six cyan ah food for ah ticket, or bring yuh receipt from yuh bmobile fone cyad and yuh pay ah ten dollars to get eeene side.

I doh mind de price now, because when yuh convert it to US it still kinda fair.....but ah find dese preliminary stages could really be a lil cheaper, so we could fill de stadium at least

i kinda slow. explain to me why you would convert it to us prices?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »
Latapy & Yorke Surcharge; remember each player does negotiate there fee to join the team, these men does demand more money as they does pull the crowd

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 12:02:27 PM »
The market will bear it... therefore it is "fair".

Economics 101

With those very prices the stadium was as full as I have seen it for quite some time

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
Big and Small M

Doh vex with meh eh...

But it Fair...because its Waggonist Time and the TTFF have to milk them for all they are worth..(to be part of the lime nah)

They can afford it, in fact those who are conscious of the money actually come in uncovered to be with "the people" and feel rootsy.

The demographic in uncovered real change since '88 and the catalyst was Guatemala in 2005.

I ent vex alyuh in yuh sorf on the bamsee seats in covered. In fact alyuh...just like me and some of the other faithful here DESERVE a pass or something for our loyalty.

But IS ALYUH SELF they looking to bleed because they know you will come every game and you WILL PAY what they are asking...same with me...is just I paying less.

Having spoken to a TTFF official, the price of the ticket does not hamper or encourage people to come to the stadium...Those who say they not going due to the price looking for excuse. Those who love football come right through and we are in the minority.

People coming due to the importance of the match, the opponent and which one of they partners or who gyul they tracking going to be there. Is a big scene to come in the office and say...I went the football last night....no mind yuh ent know who on the field or who we was playing.

Dais why the TTFF right to charge all of them waggonist top dollar to go and sit in covered. They could afford it! ALyuh make money and jam dem hard. The more money it is the more exclusive it looking and is the more they want to coast on people and say " I was in covered"...so Jam dem.

MY SOLUTION FOR THE DIEHARDS...

Now given we have an e-ticket system and having seen how this system operates in fetes. It is very easy to attach a picture to the existing data base the TTFF has.

The TTFF has all the info from people who have bought tickets and all they have to do is put out a package deal.

Put the same e-card/ticket into a nice plastic thingy holder...with a string to wear around yuh neck or a clip like a corporate ID.

When yuh reach the gate and scan it...yuh picture coming up with all yuh details to verify IS YOU...and you are allowed in. If yuh forget the card home or it get thief...yuh details there so they could type in yuh name and see yuh picture and know yuh pay and know yuh legit. SIMPLE! (to be done in a admin booth on the side)

We have 5 home games coming up...package it as 1000 for grounds and 2500 for stands.

Call it the TTFF Loyalty special.

and...and...for the real die hards....allow ALL FRIENDLY MATCHES BETWEEN NOW AND THE HEX FREE!!!
...just show yuh card at the door and walk in.

Package it nice and market it as bday gift, christmas gift etc. You know how much people go be happy to get a TTFF game pass.

And....just to jam the waggonist more....raise the price of ticket if we getting closer to South Africa.

Yes 300 grounds and 600 stands...yes raise it...if we qualify and we playing mexico and usa... 500 and 1000...MILK DEM!

Once we as the loyal fans have our pass...we safe.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 12:18:51 PM »
Big and Small M

Doh vex with meh eh...

But it Fair...because its Waggonist Time and the TTFF have to milk them for all they are worth..(to be part of the lime nah)

They can afford it, in fact those who are conscious of the money actually come in uncovered to be with "the people" and feel rootsy.

The demographic in uncovered real change since '88 and the catalyst was Guatemala in 2005.

I ent vex alyuh in yuh sorf on the bamsee seats in covered. In fact alyuh...just like me and some of the other faithful here DESERVE a pass or something for our loyalty.

But IS ALYUH SELF they looking to bleed because they know you will come every game and you WILL PAY what they are asking...same with me...is just I paying less.

Having spoken to a TTFF official, the price of the ticket does not hamper or encourage people to come to the stadium...Those who say they not going due to the price looking for excuse. Those who love football come right through and we are in the minority.

People coming due to the importance of the match, the opponent and which one of they partners or who gyul they tracking going to be there. Is a big scene to come in the office and say...I went the football last night....no mind yuh ent know who on the field or who we was playing.

Dais why the TTFF right to charge all of them waggonist top dollar to go and sit in covered. They could afford it! ALyuh make money and jam dem hard. The more money it is the more exclusive it looking and is the more they want to coast on people and say " I was in covered"...so Jam dem.

Now given we have an e-ticket system and having seen how this system operates in fetes. It is very easy to attach a picture to the existing data base the TTFF has.

The TTFF has all the info from people who have bought tickets and all they have to do is put out a package deal.

Put the same e-card/ticket into a nice plastic thingy holder...with a string to wear around yuh neck or a clip like a corporate ID.

When yuh reach the gate and scan it...yuh picture coming up with all yuh details to verify IS YOU...and you are allowed in. If yuh forget the card home or it get thief...yuh details there so they could type in yuh name and see yuh picture and know yuh pay and know yuh legit. SIMPLE! (to be done in a admin booth on the side)

We have 5 home games coming up...package it as 1000 for grounds and 2500 for stands.

and...and...for the real die hards....allow ALL FRIENDLY MATCHES BETWEEN NOW AND THE HEX FREE!!!

Package it nice and market it as bday gift, christmas gift etc. You know how much people go be happy to get a TTFF game pass.

And....just to jam the waggonist more....raise the price of ticket if we getting closer to South Africa.

Yes 300 grounds and 600 stands...yes raise it...if we qualify and we playing mexico and usa... 500 and 1000...MILK DEM!

BRAVO! BRAVO!....Touches

Yuh better copyright dah idea quick...Dat is de damn best solution ever. 

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »

It doh work like that.

What yuh could do is sell season tickets, like what they do in the NBA. It comes in a book neatly packaged for all the home games that you buy pre season.

So let's say TTFA, with some foresight sells all the tickets neatly packaged for the first round qualifiers with an option for the 2nd round games if we qualify.

I think the die hards would go for something like that. But then, that would take planning (something the TTFA is not known for) and if the powers that be study they could jack up the price down the line then.........

Més que un club.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »
Too bad we have nobody in the TTFF on the board right now who will actually see this brilliant plan  :whistling:

Is not like if they have spies on the board or anything so.

Jam the waggonist and dem!! I get too much talk this week about
"so u want an award for going all the games or something? When we come to the last game next year when we qualify nobody going to care you were there for these inconsequential games"

Cause they eh even realise that it had no 'last game' next year if we had lose these two games here.
Jam them,jack, milk them Jack, milk them...they will pay cause they doh know any better! (but just give the players a proper cut this time, please?)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »

change it to 800 uncovered and 1500 covered and then your solution is very good....they package price must be less than the actual ticket price cuz den you saving money buying in "bulk"

TTFF ...Take a Read and organise yuhself

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 01:20:32 PM »
Small M,

I woulda put it at 800 and 1500...but remember the TTFF ent doing it so. They would rather offer no package deal and just keep selling tickets as is.

Dias why I put the FREE Warm up games in between. That is the value for money treat for the die hards.

We bound to must graduate from Guyana and Grenada.... is central American sides we playing...we have to step up the prep games.

I sure we will get a panama, venezuela a south american side etc.

Remember all dem $100 games does add up.

With this system TTFF will get their money upfront to pay Gary Hunt he stadium fees and given is the USA and most likely Mexico in the group he have big $$ to fork out as them higher up in the rankings as agreed in the payment arrangement.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »
4 magicians cyah attend
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 09:01:07 PM »
Touches yuh mention something about de TTFF having some kinda database now from having sold these e-tickets to us before....I eh know if it was just me or maybe folks who ordered online as opposed to 800-Fans had a different experience but,

When I call to order my US game tickets I had to give all mih personal details to the lady on the phone AGAIN!!...
Ah say to mih self, but what de arse is dis.....this is at least the 3rd time I using this 800-FANS to buy tickets and ah STILL have to call out mih personal details.....steups!!..

I would love the package thing/season tickets but with this clueless Federation, steups.....is just price in mih arse from here on in..... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »
No database exist dey had dey 1st bright idea in ah 100 yrs wit 800-fans

1]; } ?>