April 27, 2024, 11:04:57 PM

Author Topic: Warriors make history with 2-1 win over USA.  (Read 29482 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Guatemalans cry over result
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2008, 11:00:54 AM »
Wouldn't you cry if you was dem?

We is dem Haiti, USA & Jamaica all roll into one.

De only other team dem hate more dan we is Honduras.  Dem 2 actually had a war over a football match back in de day.  No lie!

We poison dem in 89

We poison dem in 2005

We poison dem again in 2008

I totally understand their frustration.  Especially when they see us in footballing terms like how we used to see de USA back in 89, and how we see Barbados now....as a footballing non entity.  Whether they correct or not...and obviously they not, they feel dey superior to we in terms of football.  Dey feel dey more skillful, better players etc and view us as "WILD".

Sound familiar?

That was actually El Salvador and Honduras....Guatemala was'nt involved.

My bad.  Thanks for de correction.  Den it eh have any team dem hate more dan we.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2008, 11:06:08 AM »
Haul dey mudder c#nt

I am Benedicts Bwoy and I approve of this message !

Me too.... ;D

That approving message business. I trade mark tha phrase on here, so alyuh have to pay me ah monie to use it ok.  ;)

I need ah wuk.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
Then yuh have idiots going on record promising that we'll get to South Africa....  :-\
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Player ratings: USA vs. Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »
Some will argue that 5.5 is still too high for Spann lol

especially when yuh give skilla a 4.5?

i agree w. the report. i find Daniel had a medicore game. One of our least effective players, without necessarily looking it.

he have a real nice touch and a bess shield. he keeps possession well, but he too slow to distribute, and almost always allows the opposing team to regroup cuz when he gets, he most likely to turn his back on his marker and enagage in ah shielding exercise. he made no crosses of note and didn't show much of a passing range. compare him to his opposite..Carlos Edwards. Carlos covered every inch off that right side. Daniel didn't seem to travel more than a few yards either side of half line. For a left sided midfielder, he did little to stretch the US right back and he didn't do enough in defense to protect Akil Edwards. He is a neat, skillful player, and it was there for all to see. But to me, his performnace could best be described as someone with definite skill and great balance, who didn't appear to do anything wrong. unfortunately, that doh mean he did too much right

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »
Wouldn't you cry if you was dem?

We is dem Haiti, USA & Jamaica all roll into one.

De only other team dem hate more dan we is Honduras.  Dem 2 actually had a war over a football match back in de day.  No lie!

We poison dem in 89

We poison dem in 2005

We poison dem again in 2008

I totally understand their frustration.  Especially when they see us in footballing terms like how we used to see de USA back in 89, and how we see Barbados now....as a footballing non entity.  Whether they correct or not...and obviously they not, they feel dey superior to we in terms of football.  Dey feel dey more skillful, better players etc and view us as "WILD".

Sound familiar?

Imagine dat!!!  They probably feel exactly the same as we feel about de US all dem years (have better talent but can never get de result).  Sad part is I think (like we do at times as well) they overestimate their talent and quality.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2008, 11:15:51 AM »

especially when yuh give skilla a 4.5?

To me Keon Daniel has a nice shot...other than that I doh really rate him yet.  Trinis love a player who appears fleet footed and could put a beat down on the opposition...so a player like Keon will be a local favorite.  I think he has potential because of his physical attributes, because he can shoot and he appears to have confidence with the ball at his feet... but from what I've seen apart from the goal against Guate his actual output on the field has been ordinary at best.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:18:04 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2008, 11:18:05 AM »
To me Keon Daniel has a nice shot...other than that I doh really rate him.  Trinis love a player who appears fleet footed and could put a beat down on the opposition...so a player like Keon will be a local favorite.  I think he has potential because of his physical attributes, because he can shoot and he appears to have confidence with the ball at his feet... but from what I've seen apart from the goal against Guate his actual output on the field has been ordinary at best.

Releasing potential and realizing potential are matters of choice, not chance.... 8)....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:20:30 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors make history with 2-1 win over USA.
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2008, 11:31:15 AM »
Black beasts eh?
That is a questionable comment.
I have a feeling that Ian Prescott taking that 'black beast' thing out of context.  There's a french term bete noire that yes, means "black beast", but it's not a racial reference, but rather a reference to something that's been a particular bane or source of fear.

for example... the US has long been our footballing bete noire.   I have a feeling that that's how Prensa Libre meant it.

Before all yuh start, "black beast" have no racist connotation eh.

In French (bête noir) and Spanish, black beast mean you nemesis, yuh blight, your insurmountable obstacle.

Funny though how many languages the word black/dark has so many negative connotations...

Lol... ah know ah shoulda finish reading before ah post  :D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »
Black beasts eh?
That is a questionable comment.
I have a feeling that Ian Prescott taking that 'black beast' thing out of context.  There's a french term bete noire that yes, means "black beast", but it's not a racial reference, but rather a reference to something that's been a particular bane or source of fear.

for example... the US has long been our footballing bete noire.   I have a feeling that that's how Prensa Libre meant it.

Before all yuh start, "black beast" have no racist connotation eh.

In French (bête noir) and Spanish, black beast mean you nemesis, yuh blight, your insurmountable obstacle.

Funny though how many languages the word black/dark has so many negative connotations...

Lol... ah know ah shoulda finish reading before ah post  :D

you will get the hang of it one day grasshopper. Until then ...

Wax on, wax off :devil: ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
Alyuh could correct me if ah wrong. I hear two man from thee Cuba team, they players was staying in Crystal City VA, fuh thee match against the US and they leave the hotel and didn’t return back to Cuba wit thee team. Two ah them want to become illegal aliens.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:50:39 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2008, 02:20:25 PM »
Alyuh could correct me if ah wrong. I hear two man from thee Cuba team, they players was staying in Crystal City VA, fuh thee match against the US and they leave the hotel and didn’t return back to Cuba wit thee team. Two ah them want to become illegal aliens.

they mentioned it during our game. i don't know how important these guys were (were they starters?). But there were two defectors...and they say the want to continue playing ball in the MLS

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »

they mentioned it during our game. i don't know how important these guys were (were they starters?). But there were two defectors...and they say the want to continue playing ball in the MLS

Even if they wasn’t starters, they starting ah new life in the US. They must be hiding, like meh self (sike), because thee man and them in the moss green suits coming fuh them.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Trinidad is a true black beast!
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2008, 03:39:18 PM »
Guatemalans cry over result
-Ian Prescott

Friday, October 17th 2008

Ramon Maradiaga, Guatemala's Honduran coach, has come in for harsh criticism and likewise Trinidad and Tobago for twice ending Guatemala's World Cup run, according to the country's top newspaper Prensa Libre.

La Presa's main story yesterday said: "Trinidad y Tobago, su verdadera bestia negra", which roughly translates to "Trinidad and Tobago is a true black beast".

Prensa Libre carried reports on both T&T's 2-1 win over the USA and Guatemala's 2-1 defeat, their first-ever loss against Cuba.

One report commended T&T, describing the Soca Warriors as showing they can play good football against the USA, while the other story described T&T as black beasts.

It was reported that Guatemalans packed bars and homes anticipating a good result on Wednesday against Cuba. There was a great uproar when they were level 1-1, and at the same time the USA equalised with Trinidad and Tobago in the 75th minute.

Prensa Libre reported that the night eventually ended in anger and sorrow for many Guatemalans.

Yesterday's Prensa Libre headline read: "Adios SudAfrica" (Goodbye South Africa).

And although Guatemala still have a mathematical chance of advancing to CONCACAF'S Final Round of World Cup qualifying, the consensus in the Central American country is that their World Cup chances are gone.Â

They say the beginning of the end came when Guatemala failed to beat T&T last Saturday.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad is a true black beast!
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
That have a nice ring to it.  Maybe we should start change Soca Warriors to "The Black Beast"   Sound menacing.  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2008, 04:09:07 PM »
That have a nice ring to it.  Maybe we should start change Soca Warriors to "The Black Beast"   Sound menacing.  ;D

With de way some ah dem fellas passive dey go ridicule oui jedd!  Nex ting we is Black P U S S Y and all kinda jackassness!  Keep SW

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »

How Birchy go feel?  ???
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2008, 04:20:42 PM »

How Birchy go feel?  ???

lol...

more the "The Black Panda"!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »

How Birchy go feel?  ???

lol...

:rotfl:  See allyuh ent good nah.  We play USA slow enough to be a panda.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »

How Birchy go feel?  ???

lol...

now dat would be f**k up!! :rotfl:

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
Guatemalans cry over result
-Ian Prescott

Friday, October 17th 2008

Ramon Maradiaga, Guatemala's Honduran coach, has come in for harsh criticism and likewise Trinidad and Tobago for twice ending Guatemala's World Cup run, according to the country's top newspaper Prensa Libre.

La Presa's main story yesterday said: "Trinidad y Tobago, su verdadera bestia negra", which roughly translates to "Trinidad and Tobago is a true black beast".

Prensa Libre carried reports on both T&T's 2-1 win over the USA and Guatemala's 2-1 defeat, their first-ever loss against Cuba.

One report commended T&T, describing the Soca Warriors as showing they can play good football against the USA, while the other story described T&T as black beasts.

It was reported that Guatemalans packed bars and homes anticipating a good result on Wednesday against Cuba. There was a great uproar when they were level 1-1, and at the same time the USA equalised with Trinidad and Tobago in the 75th minute.

Prensa Libre reported that the night eventually ended in anger and sorrow for many Guatemalans.

Yesterday's Prensa Libre headline read: "Adios SudAfrica" (Goodbye South Africa).

And although Guatemala still have a mathematical chance of advancing to CONCACAF'S Final Round of World Cup qualifying, the consensus in the Central American country is that their World Cup chances are gone.Â

They say the beginning of the end came when Guatemala failed to beat T&T last Saturday.

Una Bestia Negra is not racist but is a form of saying that T&T is like a their nemesis or better yet bette noire. We are like their party spoiler. It is more of a praise in this circumstance.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »
Bad mind and the envious never prosper.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »
That have a nice ring to it.  Maybe we should start change Soca Warriors to "The Black Beast"   Sound menacing.  ;D
Nice idea.I all for that.The Guatevillians just cyah stann no small island KUTTIN DEY ASS.This sound so much like the inwardly effeminate sobbings of girly men.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2008, 04:53:49 PM »
Doh study dem Guatemala bois
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
Some of us taking the the black-beast conotation out of context. Bakes is correct in clarifying what the term really meant. To me it means that TT is a pain in Guatemala arse. That is all. Nothing else.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »
Is there any video highlights of the match yet? Not counting the soccernet recap one
Hart for president

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
Didnt I just post this story earlier today????? ??? ??? ???

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2008, 05:45:14 PM »

How Birchy go feel?  ???

lol...

hhahaha..reminds me of that sesame street song...one of these things is not like de other, one these things jst doesnt belong...nahhh fyah fuh black beastt...Panda cld work tho!

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »
Yuh waxing philosphical dey Flex
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2008, 08:55:01 PM »
Anyone noticed Scotland movement on the first goal?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
Didnt I just post this story earlier today????? ??? ??? ???
Doh study it.. you was still half a day behind flex and dem... this was posted at least three times today.

1]; } ?>