April 16, 2024, 12:56:55 PM

Author Topic: Warriors make history with 2-1 win over USA.  (Read 29333 times)

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
Re: To all the die hard Latapy worshippers...
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »
The most amazing thing about that goal was that Carlos hit a good cross :)

lol somebody else notice lol ah wonder what deal jack strike up boy the linesmen kinda move shady with usa and for some youth men trying to make an impression usa lack killer instinct, that being sed WE WIN OH GWAD OYE !!!! we played well loved keon daniel a lil while now he looked really impressive latas technique was good for that shot in the penalty ah was jus praying "Please Yorke don't be sexy, stop the chipping shit jus slot it in"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:09:53 PM by TriniItalian »
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Everybody Say it.
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 09:05:51 PM »
Fork You JACK
Fork You Maturana
Fork You Cornmell

Mame always teach us to say thanks so come on now.   ;D

They this like Hancock.  G-G-G-O-O-O-DDDD  J-J-O-B  ;D
no problem

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:08 PM »
hush yuh backside.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors make history with 2-1 win over USA.
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
OH GOD I THOUGHT YORKE MISS THE PENALTY CUZ I SEE THE BALL IN THE BACK OF THE GOAL ROLLING BY THE BILLBOARD... What kinda net the TTFF put up they lol.  But when the US scored i was not sad, because i thought T&T was still going to score again like a 3-1 victory.  Good game by Latas, Scotland, Spann, Birchall, Yorke, and Keyeno Thomas.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:52:08 AM by Babalawo »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 09:07:06 PM »
Congrats T&T  :beermug:

Strange games...Guatemala and the US equalise almost at the same time then T&T and Cuba regain the lead at the same time as well.

Still...we beat the US....ah could'nt care less about the excuses they go make. Finally that damn record gone.

No excuses from this US fan.  You guys got it done.  Congrats.  I'm sure you're happy to stop hearing about 1989. 
Finish the job next month and hopefully we'll do our part to help get you guys through to the Hex.

Again, congrats.  

:beermug: Cheers man...

I hope pisss-e-o cld see this, Golnoir not being ah sore loser...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 09:07:23 PM »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »
Thank You JACK
Thank You Maturana
Thank You Cornmell

Thank you for what?????????   This squad should been playing since day 1.  From Clayton Ince to Chris Birchall. Why the last minute thing them doing now.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
Re: Peg Elan and the rest of naysayers......
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »
pucker up allyuh lips and kiss my ass!

Latapy is still a boss.  His vision is awesome and we have no player that can replicate his plays!

Additionally, his leadership in the middle made all the difference in this game, he marshaled Birchall and had the middle like a fortress, something we have never been able to do against the USA!

Peg, listen girl, stick to cake decorating and floral arrangement.

Latapy is again T&T's saviour!

Latapy did not Marshall anyone, he had more bad passes than positive one. He stepped up and finished the goal, but by no means did he rally the midfield. Half the time he was playing as a 4-4-2.

Don't get it wrong. I am really glad that he was on the field and scored but he pull real stone.

If you want we can do a conference in the chat room while watching the game and we can do a break down of the game.

Breds yuh talking shit.

latas laid off some sweet passes to Scotland, and to Edwards.

he was closed down plenty, but still he si de man.

Yuh could say what yuh want...if he did not come back, we ass dark and you and that girl name Peg woulda be making baby all now.

You find latas pull stones, becasue dat is what yuh wanted to see.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 09:12:56 PM »
OH GOD I THOUGHT YORKE MISS THE PENALTY CUZ I SEE THE BACK OF THE GOAL ROLLING BY THE BILLBOARD...

Yeh Babalawo, I start to celebrate, then hesitate, then realise it have a hole in de net lol.
Real kicksy ting eh.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »
Thank You JACK
Thank You Maturana
Thank You Cornmell

Thank you for what?????????   This squad should been playing since day 1.  From Clayton Ince to Chris Birchall. Why the last minute thing them doing now.

B is time to let the past be the past man.  It's a new day and everybody sharing in the victory.
How is it we quick to blame but slow to give credit.  We only give great to superstars. Come on PEOPLE it wasn't Dwight and Russel out there alone.  And they didn't pick the system either. 

Let meh hear yuh Baba  G-G-G-O-O-O-DDDD  J-J-O-B  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIII

congrats to we team and the supporters, although i find things was a bit quiet this rounds....anyhow, tomorrow for constructive criticisms  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 09:29:38 PM »
Birchall is we Gattuso.  De man play like ah bulldog that just get loose.  His passing into the open channels on the counter was lethal, and he really pressed the issue.  Ah hope men could see what it means to wear the national jersey: blood, sweat, and tears.

J Cloth himself man, cleaning up everything in front the defence!!..........He was Man of the Match for me, no question  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
Francisco Pacho Maturana... steups... he better talk englisho during the press conference

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 09:37:50 PM »

Breds yuh talking shit.

Yuh could say what yuh want...if he did not come back, we ass dark and you and that girl name Peg woulda be making baby all now.

Latapy was a boss because of the side we play tonight. Not taking anything away from the win but even against this team Latas was out of it for long stretches. Still great on the ball when given time but he needs more time these days than he used too.

Eventually Maturana will have to make a decision similar to what Don Leo had. Can you start with Latas against very physical, disciplined running teams that are willing to stifle Latas to kill our play?

For Don Leo Latas was good enough for the Hex but not good enough for Bahrain Part 2 or the WC. 3 years pass now and he still good enough for the semi-fnal round but we won't know about the Hex games against CR, Mexico and USA until the Hex start (if we qualify).

I will say though that playing 4-5-1 with Latas is the best option if Latas playing. Maybe he could be "carried" for parts of a game and create a moment of magic. He also has a great effect on the team confidence just by being in the team and that is valuable. Latas and 2 strikers would be a tough one unless we playing a soft side.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 09:47:27 PM »
Latapy is still a boss.  His vision is awesome and we have no player that can replicate his plays!
Additionally, his leadership in the middle made all the difference in this game, he marshaled Birchall and had the middle like a fortress, something we have never been able to do against the USA!
Latapy did not Marshall anyone, he had more bad passes than positive one. He stepped up and finished the goal, but by no means did he rally the midfield. Half the time he was playing as a 4-4-2.
Don't get it wrong. I am really glad that he was on the field and scored but he pull real stone.
If you want we can do a conference in the chat room while watching the game and we can do a break down of the game.
Elan, give we Man Latas a small bligh nuh
WE BEAT THE USA
In other words
what if the player who was charged in marking Latas did what he was supposed to do.
De man stick on him like la glee
could that not be why Latas did not do AS well as you say he did
I have seen other major players who have been shut down in such a way....not so?
geh we man a bligh ;)

WE BEAT THE USA - 15 Oct 2008
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:09:17 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »

Breds yuh talking shit.

Rancid seriously if Latas didn't score that goal his contribution woulda been close to nil...let's be honest- he lost the ball very easily 3 out of every 4 times, his passing was not very accurate and he didn't provide any off the ball movement for Scotland esp in the first half...but that "IF" in my first statement is a BIG BIG IF...The fact is he came up with a massive goal- a total game changer...and hence he was one of the heroes for us tonight- no question about that.  Latas doh need to do anything else to prove his value to us as a baller- the man is a legend....testament of which is that every good play he makes is inflated times 100 in our perception as fans.....Tonight is case in point.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 11:17:10 PM »
If/When we make it to the Hex we should have Kenwyn Jones with a few games under his belt.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 11:25:03 PM »
Dat 4 5 1 when will it b given a rest a permanent rest
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 11:27:20 PM »
Dat 4 5 1 when will it b given a rest a permanent rest

Wit Latas in de lineup...is really more of a 4-4-1-1
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 11:33:09 PM »
I know dat is d role meh boi Dog say dat Don Leo should have played him. When he is sub go wit d 4-4-2 plus even b4 Latas that was his MO excet d 3-5-2 v Bermuda but 2nite only happy thoughts
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate sheiler of the ball!!!
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 01:06:23 AM »
If yuh notice...dey cyah get de ball off Keon Daniel needah.
That may be true but Keon not making no forward motion with the ball he either screen it then loss it or play inside ....I think they trying to make Keon into something he simply isn't  a left winger because he really isnt gonna take on anyone and head down the wing

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 03:33:59 AM »
Birchall is we Gattuso.  De man play like ah bulldog that just get loose.  His passing into the open channels on the counter was lethal, and he really pressed the issue.  Ah hope men could see what it means to wear the national jersey: blood, sweat, and tears.

Fuh real eh, geez, dat is energy and imagine is w/o yam and dasheen

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 06:32:41 AM »
Ince 7 - did what he had to do.

Lawrence 8 - simply the best defender we have.

Thomas 6 - did great while he was on.

Aklie 6 - Showed something, but little to slow for the LWB position.

Spann 5 - Spann cannot play right back and made some bad passes.

Carlos 9 - played like the Carlos we know.

Birchall 10 - I say man of the match for us again.

Yorke 8 - showed leader qualities, but coming down in the end he looked tired.

Daniel 7 - still some more penetrative runs needed, but no one can touch him on the ball, he almost got away with a Riquelme famous beat but was fouled. Even helped in defence.

Latapy 7 - use his experience well, made some intelligent passes. But you can see he was getting tired, but his vision is still the BEST we have.

Scotland 6 - use his strength well, but needs to take more shots on goal.

Subs:

Hislop 7 - I was worried about Hislop, but he came on and did well.

Stern - No rating. Was up on top alone.

Hyland - No rating. Looked composed.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 06:32:56 AM »

Breds yuh talking shit.

I agree he talking ah pile poop,all analytical bull-shit,maybe bleeder is he midfielder and he would've prefered him in latas place,these so-called professors of football are always so off base,I've been playing this game for a longtime and I also know latas very well and let me tell you it's not by any means his best performance,but he was the most clinical of the midfielders and the vision and passes were none short of brilliant,sure he made some mistakes but when it counted he delivered.

End of f**king story,take that asshole talk to the yardie website......    

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 06:44:35 AM »
Congratulations, Trinis! Your team played well last night. The midfield looked especially solid, and all the players were hungry and determined. In particular, the old-timer duo of Yorke and Latapy shined. I think that quite a few of our youngsters were a bit overwhelmed by the Trini determination and spirit, and it showed.

That being said, you guys clearly received two huge gifts with those botched offside calls. Especially on the second, as Altidore would have been 1on1 with your keeper right in the middle of the box. Count yourselves lucky for that.

Anyway, good luck in your final game. I would much rather see you guys in the Hex than those dirty, diving Guats. You deserve it more.

Cheers!  :beermug:

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
Re: Ultimate sheiler of the ball!!!
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2008, 07:07:30 AM »
If yuh notice...dey cyah get de ball off Keon Daniel needah.

Ent!  And they cyar dribble pass him either.  he needs to learn to stay on his feet though.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2008, 07:07:44 AM »
Cheers to the Warriors......that was a great result and against this less experienced U.S.A it was expected! The U.S team is still a classy team , however this is T&T strongest side ( exception of Kenwyne) so if we cant beat this U.S side we able to beating anyone of note !

Birchall had an excellent game, he is by far the best defensive midfielder we have!! Latas is still class and @ 40 is the best creative midfielder we have. Carlos had a nice game as well as Dwight. Lawrence was the pick of the defence...... I eh go lie, we play okay and still come out on top so for that I am Jumping for joy, however it still have plenty work to do !! We didnt play great, Zeppo was right thank GOd the Linesman made the call against Altidiore ...... also we have to put away we chances and against bigger teams we have to take the LEAD and bury our chances!!

:beermug:

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2008, 07:21:56 AM »
Ince 7 - did what he had to do.

Lawrence 8 - simply the best defender we have.

Thomas 6 - did great while he was on.

Aklie 6 - Showed something, but little to slow for the LWB position.

Spann 5 - Spann cannot play right back and made some bad passes.

Carlos 9 - played like the Carlos we know.

Birchall 10 - I say man of the match for us again.

Yorke 8 - showed leader qualities, but coming down in the end he looked tired.

Daniel 7 - still some more penetrative runs needed, but no one can touch him on the ball, he almost got away with a Riquelme famous beat but was fouled. Even helped in defence.

Latapy 7 - use his experience well, made some intelligent passes. But you can see he was getting tired, but his vision is still the BEST we have.

Scotland 6 - use his strength well, but needs to take more shots on goal.

Subs:

Hislop 7 - I was worried about Hislop, but he came on and did well.

Stern - No rating. Was up on top alone.

Hyland - No rating. Looked composed.

Spot on Sam..........I agree wit all yuh assessments.
All doh A Adams deserved dat rating.......yuh coulda see sumting dere an he need to work on his reaction time and not losing de ball.
I was scared when Hislop came on but he acquitted himself very well.
Keon Daniel playing like ah WARRIOR now.....RESPECT breddah! He has come on leaps an bounds. De boy winnin balls all nite an ah know one of de knocks on him was dat he played no defense but tonite was ah eye opener!
Hyland also........played very well.
Birchill was MOM, dat boy played like a true champion. We always need him on de side once he fit, RESPECT!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2008, 07:28:39 AM »
Congratulations, Trinis! Your team played well last night. The midfield looked especially solid, and all the players were hungry and determined. In particular, the old-timer duo of Yorke and Latapy shined. I think that quite a few of our youngsters were a bit overwhelmed by the Trini determination and spirit, and it showed.

That being said, you guys clearly received two huge gifts with those botched offside calls. Especially on the second, as Altidore would have been 1on1 with your keeper right in the middle of the box. Count yourselves lucky for that.

Anyway, good luck in your final game. I would much rather see you guys in the Hex than those dirty, diving Guats. You deserve it more.

Cheers!  :beermug:

Respect Zeppo. You think Bradley will take it easy with his selcetions for Guatemala. The game doesn't mean anything but two losses to Concacaf opposition going into the Hex is not good form (especially if it includes a home loss) even if there might be reasonable justification for it.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>