March 28, 2024, 03:01:52 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (19-Nov-2008).  (Read 74985 times)

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (19-Nov-2008).
« Reply #450 on: November 19, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »
Well done fellas, dey have to work on de defence and scoring though.  It ain't go be easy in the Hex.
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 19, 2008, 09:58:04 PM »
The board shutting down til the next game or what? :devil:

Digicel Cup comin up in December in Jamaica.  Chance fuh some fringe men to impress and others who on de team to establish deyself.
Nice to see Akile Edwards have a decent game.  Says a lot about his character that he could bounce back from the 2 displays against de US.  If he continue to improve....we would be at least adequate on de defensive flanks even with suspensions.

Keon Daniel is pure class.  Plays a little too slowly still but I fear that will only intensify if he starts to play regularly overseas.  Hopefully for his and our sake, it happens sooner rather than later.

Carlos Edwards playin like de Carlos we all know he can be.  Long may it continue.  De man engine is exceptional.

I only saw the 2nd half.  De knock was lookin decent but Cuba ah tink was also bun.

Great result fuh my team and onwards now to de Hex.  Hopefully we first game on Feb 11 is NOT away to de States.  Dat would suck as ah go be in trini.  Ah want to be in de US fuh de revenge match wit a FULL TEAM.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 19, 2008, 09:59:41 PM »
Congrats T&T.   I think most Jamaicans see the big picture and the importance of us islanders being represented in the Hex.  Wish we could have joined you guys, but it was not meant to be.  Again congrats--- I am pulling for you and Honduras, I would go for Costa Rica but still paying alimony to the Costa Rican ex-wife  :'(

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
Re: RESULTS
« Reply #453 on: November 19, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
International - World Cup Qualification, UEFA Group 3       
20:30 San Marino- Czech Rep. 0 : 3   
International - World Cup Qualification, AFC Group A      
16:00 Bahrain- Australia 0 : 1   
17:30 Qatar- Japan 0 : 3   
International - World Cup Qualification, AFC Group B      
16:15 U.A.Emirates-Iran 1 : 1   
17:35 Saudi Arabia- South Korea 0 : 2   
International - International Friendlies     
14:30 Malta -Iceland 0 : 1   
14:30 Oman -Paraguay 0 : 1   
17:00 Azerbaijan- Albania 1 : 1   
17:30 Montenegro-Macedonia 2 : 1   
17:30 Serbia- Bulgaria 6 : 1   
17:30 Slovakia -Liechtenstein 4 : 0   
18:00 Cyprus- Belarus 2 : 1   
18:15 Egypt- Benin 5 : 1   
19:00 Ukraine- Norway 1 : 0   
19:30 Romania- Georgia 2 : 1   
20:00 Morocco- Zambia 3 : 0   
20:15 Denmark -Wales 0 : 1   
20:15 Slovenia -Bosnia & Herz. 3 : 4   
20:30 Austria -Turkey 2 : 4   
20:30 Greece -Italy 1 : 1   
20:30 Switzerland -Finland 1 : 0   
20:45 Germany -England 1 : 2   
20:45 Netherlands -Sweden 3 : 1   
20:45 Northern Ireland -Hungary 0 : 2   
21:00 France-Uruguay 0 : 0   
21:00 Ireland-Poland 2 : 3   
21:00 Scotland-Argentina 0 : 1   

T&T 3 - Cuba 0  ;D
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 19, 2008, 10:02:08 PM »
Congrats T&T.   I think most Jamaicans see the big picture and the importance of us islanders being represented in the Hex.  Wish we could have joined you guys, but it was not meant to be.  Again congrats--- I am pulling for you and Honduras, I would go for Costa Rica but still paying alimony to the Costa Rican ex-wife  :'(

Hard lucks man and thanks fuh de bess wishes.  Jamaica did the best they could do in that group IMO.  Honduras beatin Canada in Canada turn out to be de difference maker.  We meetin soon in de Digicel Cup so the rivalry renews.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 19, 2008, 10:07:34 PM »
Who say A Edwards had  ah decent game expecially in d second half, he kinda improving still tings to work on but he improving
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 19, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »
Congrats boys! On to the next round we go...

Right, now down to business. I can't recall ever seeing such terrible finishing in front of goal in an international football game, ever. This game should have ended about 8-0, and that's being conservative. Well to be fair, they missed a couple of chances where they could have and should have scored in the first half. How these so-called professionals missing chances like that??? That's not cutting it next round fellas, no way.

Coach: Next time you have these fellas training, make sure every man jack work on his shooting. With the exception of Keon. Have him running the drills and showing them how it's done. That boy just makes it look so easy! Next thing to address is Carlos. It's great he can seperate from his markers at will and use his speed down the wings, but that means absolutely nothing if you don't know how to cross a ball. I recall about 7 times at least where he failed to deliver a telling cross for any of our attackers to even have a chance to get on to. He simply did the same weak pass over and over and over again. That is basic fundamentals for a winger Carlos, come on brother pick it up.

Anyway we're in and the potential is definitely there... Good luck to us in the Hex!!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:11:42 PM by vapotrini »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 19, 2008, 10:09:43 PM »

Any football fan can realize the resurgance of the Reggae Boyz...Had Rene Semones play the best players in the round JA woulda sure be in the Hex.. but cheers anyway.. thanks for the blessings..

besides.. alyuh have the fastest man in the world.. ;D

p.s somebody make sure RF not on a bridge lookin over.. ;D

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 19, 2008, 10:09:49 PM »
:applause:
 :notworthy: all rivalry aside, Thanks Man
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
Fazeer and Brian on CTNT. Good analysis.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »
it should have been 6 or 7...
That Cuban Keeper good, real good :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 19, 2008, 10:14:54 PM »
Congrats to a pure team win; well done.

Ah seeing less and less of the 'ego' display and more of a team play. Just maybe this coach bring ah kind of discipline to some players when he selected players not for their past glories or name but on.......( this we eh sure about).

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 19, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »
PPL been telling Carlos to work on that for years,he cyah cross lol .just swing ah kick and spin yah body bro.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 19, 2008, 10:17:24 PM »

ja98, tough luck man.. ah was rooting for allyuh to make de hex, and allyuh fight like lions but in the end it was the group of death. we go represent allyuh in de hex...

ja2099, reggaefan and lionpaw, doh let de door hit allyuh on de way out... hymc and see you around in 2014.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 19, 2008, 10:22:54 PM »
Well guy's we make it to the HEX...the heat is on only two english speak country...and one right now could really hold it's own  (U.S.A)...ah hope T&T can 't do the same

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 19, 2008, 10:23:10 PM »
 I wonder if  there is a place for Julius James on this team? (EXPERIENCE...AND STILL YOUTHFUL)

Avery John (EXPERIENCE)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:31:20 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 19, 2008, 10:29:01 PM »
I wonder if  there is a place for Julius James on this team?

definitely... I would like to see him at LB

A.Edwards was terrible in the 1st and much better in the 2nd...  his decent 2nd half performance was equivalent to a ok Avery performance...

There is no explanation why Avery isnt the starting LB.....  madness

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »
I wonder if  there is a place for Julius James on this team?

definitely... I would like to see him at LB

A.Edwards was terrible in the 1st and much better in the 2nd...  his decent 2nd half performance was equivalent to a ok Avery performance...

There is no explanation why Avery isnt the starting LB.....  madness
Well SM it look like the Columbian staying after all.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 19, 2008, 10:45:20 PM »
Probably the worst I have seen Dwight Yorke play in a Trinidad shirt.  Dwight looked every day of his 38 years tonight.

Carlos is class.  Out of form generally still, which is frightening for the other teams in the Hex, but poisonous.

Kenwayne is quite a player.  The header he missed was probably due more to seeking perfection that anything else.  He broke the deadlock in a most clinical fashion.

Keyeno was solid as usual.

Tallest is one of the better readers of the game that I have seen for Trinidad.  The loss of a half yard of pace is more than made up for by greater vision and intelligence.

Latas is Latas.

Birchall was also a bit out of sorts tonight.  Dwight's lapses and reticence put a lot of pressure on Chris.  He did alright, but was not his usual dominant self.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 19, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »
Probably the worst I have seen Dwight Yorke play in a Trinidad shirt.  Dwight looked every day of his 38 years tonight.

Carlos is class.  Out of form generally still, which is frightening for the other teams in the Hex, but poisonous.

Kenwayne is quite a player.  The header he missed was probably due more to seeking perfection that anything else.  He broke the deadlock in a most clinical fashion.

Tallest is one of the better readers of the game that I have seen for Trinidad.  The loss of a half yard of pace is more than made up for by greater vision and intelligence.

Latas is Latas.

Birchall was also a bit out of sorts tonight.  Dwight's lapses and reticence put a lot of pressure on Chris.  He did alright, but was not his usual dominant self.

Ince?

Cyd Gray?

Akile Edwards?

Keon Daniel?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 19, 2008, 10:59:48 PM »
 Some perspective here. Consider TNT defeated Cuba in Cuba with a less star studded team.  How would we compare the quality of play of the team that won tonight compared to the one that won in Cuba?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 19, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »

Latas is Latas.

Ince?

Cyd Gray?

Akile Edwards?

Keon Daniel?

Ince played well.  Was not tested much, but did the business when called upon.  Needs to work on his distribution, though.  Too many phantom passes.

Cyd Grey is developing well.  Strange to say that about a player over 30, but he has nonetheless been doing so.  The wild man game seems to be going into hiding, replaced by a more calm yet strong defender.  he did well tonight, especially given the fact that Cuba's best player was the left winger (number 9) and Carlos was drifting so much that it was often two versus one against Grey down that side.

Akilie Edwards deserves a shot.  We know what Avery can do (tackle).  We also know what he cannot do (make a pass to save his life).  So Akilie gets a chance to show what he has.  He played a bit jittery.  He wasn't very sure of himself in the beginning, and only seemed to settle down in the second half.  Nice addition to the team.

Keon Daniel is a starter.  He reminds of the type of player that Trinidadians are before they go to England and get stale: exciting and willing to take on players, yet a bit green and needing big game experience.  I hope he realises how good he is in the next round, and makes everyone sit up and take notice.

Scotty needs to lose some weight.  When did he stop running in the space for forward passes?

Stern missed a sitter.  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 19, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »
thanks Jahyyouth!  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 19, 2008, 11:40:45 PM »
Congrats Maturana u take us 2 d hex

MOM Ince

Dr. Henderson I hope u realize u talk nuff nonesense re not playin Latas

Akile play much betta but he eh no Avery wild or no wild. D fella Akile needs a football brain dat wit hard wuk he go b ready 4 2014.

Hyland needs 2 go on a diet y he did not play Johnson when he made d subs we cing Hyland and he lookin worse and worse.

DY ist half was poor but gr8 players know how 2 lift dey game.

Keyano Thomas had a good game he and tallest have d central defense roll lock down we have 2 pray dat dey eh get injured because while I have faith in Julias Makan Hislop does hurt meh head.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 19, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »
cant wait to see the video highlights!!......somebody put up something quick quick.  Worm we need your help..S.O.S

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 19, 2008, 11:42:06 PM »
cant wait to see the video highlights!!......somebody put up something quick quick.  Worm we need your help..S.O.S
I have some but because everyone flocked to the video feed they are complete crap.  I was going to wait for CNC3 News tomorrow to cap some decent ones
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:46:51 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 19, 2008, 11:45:06 PM »
Thanks, that will work

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 19, 2008, 11:51:46 PM »
Keon Daniel is a starter.  He reminds of the type of player that Trinidadians are before they go to England and get stale: exciting and willing to take on players, yet a bit green and needing big game experience.  I hope he realises how good he is in the next round, and makes everyone sit up and take notice.
Jahyouth u see all that in less tahn 10 mins .

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 19, 2008, 11:54:01 PM »
Thanks, that will work
OK, I'll upload the ones I have though so you can at least see the goals and in case I don't find anything tomorrow.  Please do not put these on YouTube as I will put them on tomorrow if I can't find anything else.
http://sharebee.com/8f4be8b3

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 20, 2008, 12:23:39 AM »
Thanks, that will work
OK, I'll upload the ones I have though so you can at least see the goals and in case I don't find anything tomorrow.  Please do not put these on YouTube as I will put them on tomorrow if I can't find anything else.
http://sharebee.com/8f4be8b3

one click on da website and mih computer start blocking ting like crazy...wha kinda website is that worm?!!??!

1]; } ?>