April 25, 2024, 03:12:50 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs USA...History has been written!  (Read 11706 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs USA...History has been written!
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
Carlos is not a leader.
I would have said the same of Yorke up until he quit the national team in 2001. He was about Carlos age then, i think.
Yeah I not ready to sign off on de "Carlos is not a leader" bit just yet.  Much of leadership comes with experience... especially for those to whom it doesn't come quite naturally.  I honestly don't know on which end of the spectrum Carlos lies, I don't know him or enough about him that well to speak.  I do believe that like Birchy he has the potential to lead by his example.  I don't think anyone could ever accuse de man (Carlos) of never playing hard.

wait nuh, all who say he ent ah leader, 
allya want him to have a Coup or wha?
he should Just tek over fom Dwight and Latas?
Up until he got injured I thought for sure he would be our next capt
granted, this latest injury has set him back a bit
BUT during the USA game the old Carlos was emerging from behind all the caution that I am sure he felt
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:40:27 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »
Yeah I am not ready to write Carlos off as not a leader yet. He has all the signs to be a great leader to our troops. The work ethic. The fearlessness. The passion. The experience. [The thing Yorke and Latapy has above everybody else in addition to these traits is the adoration/respect of ALL], Carlos was knocking on the door. Heck he probably has it.

The fans like us could aid his total recovery to top form by our unequivocal support.

Notice MeMum's acknowledgement of the important place of fan support.

BTW allyuh eh notice that SWEET chip from Carlos "Rolls Royce" Edwards to the "Little Magician" to score T&T's first goal?  Absolute Top Draw stuff. He is playing like a man getting back to top form.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:01:31 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »
BUT during the USA game the old Carlos was emerging from behind all the caution that I am sure he felt

Fella, try and keep de riddim nuh... obviously we talking about situations when Dwight and Latas not on the pitch

He easily defers to Yorke and Latas when they're on, but in their absence his lack of confidence in his team mates is readily apparent, giving way to frustration and eruptions at his younger team mates.

-------------
Cocorite... agreed on both accounts: Carlos still has time yet to grow into the role.  The chip was ah boss chip too... even Harkes was giving him kudos for it on ESPN.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 01:28:17 PM »

Fella, try and keep de riddim nuh... obviously we talking about situations when Dwight and Latas not on the pitch

He easily defers to Yorke and Latas when they're on, but in their absence his lack of confidence in his team mates is readily apparent, giving way to frustration and eruptions at his younger team mates.

-------------
Cocorite... agreed on both accounts: Carlos still has time yet to grow into the role.  The chip was ah boss chip too... even Harkes was giving him kudos for it on ESPN.
OK, fair enough
and I did not realise what Cocorite said is how things are.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2008, 08:51:34 PM »
BTW allyuh eh notice that SWEET chip from Carlos "Rolls Royce" Edwards to the "Little Magician" to score T&T's first goal?  Absolute Top Draw stuff. He is playing like a man getting back to top form.

Cocorite, de whole play make mih pores raise, from de time Birchall take the ball from the Americans to the time de ball hit the net.....like yuh say Top Draw stuff papa..... :beermug: :beermug:
Ah love it!! (copyright Andre Samuel)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 09:35:35 AM »
The WN crew had the flag proudly displayed, I saw Patriot being interviewed by Synergy TV and the US and TT anthems were played by the Woodbrook playboyz. It is funny but this crowd actually sung the anthem loud and clear.

Look de clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZXV9nM3k4Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LZXV9nM3k4Y</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »
see how patriot wicked...he gets all de pips on tv and have us doing all the manual labour!  ;D :devil:
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »
Not only pips gift as well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>