March 28, 2024, 02:36:15 PM

Author Topic: How good is scotty?  (Read 7041 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How good is scotty?
« on: October 16, 2008, 12:28:10 PM »
This guy scottland has been eager to show what he's made of and fails to impress me. I don't know for other people on this board but is either the league he's playing in is shitty or he just can't score in international football....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How good is scotty?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »
This guy scottland has been eager to show what he's made of and fails to impress me. I don't know for other people on this board but is either the league he's playing in is shitty or he just can't score in international football....
Have you considered the leagues in which he has had his successes  ? ....not really top notch
I agree he is a bit predictable and therefore easy to keep quiet. reminds me of the  put your head down and run type ...
he needs to take a few lessions from Latapy who gets out of trouble ..he seems to always run into trouble ....
he wont be around for much longer I would think ...not after KJ returns ..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:37:57 PM »
Being a lone forward is about more than just goals. How many goals Kenwyne score during his "impressive" run with Sunderland? The lone forward does a lot of non-flashy work that could probably get overlooked. Holding the ball up front. Holding off defenders. Distributing it to the oncoming players. And in that regard, Scotty did very well. Especially against Guatemala. My opinion.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:40:01 PM »
Have you considered the leagues in which he has had his successes  ? ....not really top notch
I agree he is a bit predictable and therefore easy to keep quiet. reminds me of the  put your head down and run type ...
he needs to take a few lessions from Latapy who gets out of trouble ..he seems to always run into trouble ....

Scotty is good.... and will score..... give him time.....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »
At least someone shares my sentiment! no disrespect to jason scotland , but he have no moves , he can't dribble that well, he's slow, don't run @ the defence in the box to draw fouls.

i can't see him playing in front of the other available strikers. he failed to impress me since the first bahrain game, let alone the bermuda game where he bumed.  bring back roberts.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:42:11 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:41:17 PM »
monkey genius i agree with u...scotland did exactly what i wanted from him: hold up distribute, sometimes run at the defence...and even created a couple chances...this lone forward thing is a lot of hard work. and he also put in some decent tackles...i jus wish he was faster
Back in Trini...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 12:46:38 PM »
hear how good Scotland is... he will be part of a tnt striker list that includes  Jones, John, glenn, scotland...and more..
thats how good he is...right ??...allyuh did not see how easy Kenwyne get that injury ??..pray next round with fitness and injury..we need all the quality you could get around this team...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 12:46:56 PM »
doh know. i haven't seen him much. but he may just need a run in de side. he used to playing a certain kind of ball, and he doh really get that many chances to build up his international experience. maybe he slow to adapt.

there are always reasons. Yorkie was playing nice ball for ManU and Villa, and would come home for T&T and play one setta toots. We knew he was class, so we make de excuse that he wasn't giving his all. maybe he just didn't find it easy to switch from English ball, to T&T ball. Same with Scotty. who knows. time will tell

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
He just needs to really rehearse 2 small goal beats... and shoot a little bit more, and to know when to make the decision to use either the former or the latter...

then he'll be the finished article...  ;D

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:58:37 PM by kaisocagoals »
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:57:40 PM »
he not good atall, hes only good for his club, when it comes to his country, hes salt, no dribbling and no creativity, glen and roberts can do what he does plus dribble and create, scotty need to ride pine, actually hes lucky to even be included in the national team, i rather errol mcfarlane than scotty  :D

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 01:00:39 PM »
Scotty...to me it seems that scotty is good in the sense that he can hold the ball, he opens up the play, and he's big and strong.

When playing scotland tho, we need to have another forward with him, at his side, not behind him, like a 442. Kenwyne Jones and Scotland infront would be DEADLY, cuz scotty ability to hold up de ball, Jones hv he feet and wicked speed...thats is ah recipe for goals.

So answering ya question, scotty is good, but cld be WAY better if he has that support upfront, with support from the likes of kenwyne jones. Scotty is look like ah big muscle man running down dem ball.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 01:01:11 PM »
he not good atall, hes only good for his club, when it comes to his country, hes salt, no dribbling and no creativity, glen and roberts can do what he does plus dribble and create, scotty need to ride pine, actually hes lucky to even be included in the national team, i rather errol mcfarlane than scotty  :D
Allyuh only looking for beats and flash ting. Dat is not de role of a back-to-goal forward.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 01:03:07 PM »
Scotty...to me it seems that scotty is good in the sense that he can hold the ball, he opens up the play, and he's big and strong.

When playing scotland tho, we need to have another forward with him, at his side, not behind him, like a 442. Kenwyne Jones and Scotland infront would be DEADLY, cuz scotty ability to hold up de ball, Jones hv he feet and wicked speed...thats is ah recipe for goals.

So answering ya question, scotty is good, but cld be WAY better if he has that support upfront, with support from the likes of kenwyne jones. Scotty is look like ah big muscle man running down dem ball.
Not necessarily another forward, but an attacking midfielder who will run past him and collect de pass. Somebody in Latas role but with legs.

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »
Allyuh only looking for beats and flash ting. Dat is not de role of a back-to-goal forward.

:D maybe so but it does look nice nuh...  :D
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »

Not necessarily another forward, but an attacking midfielder who will run past him and collect de pass. Somebody in Latas role but with legs.

yea all that cld work! :beermug:

But yuh see, is really support the man is need, i find we shldnt be playing ah 4 5 1 rite tru so...especially when we need to score, hyland is a good recommendation for an attacking midfielder...(like latas with legs!)
but it always good to hv latas on de field tho...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 01:17:03 PM »

But yuh see, is really support the man is need, i find we shldnt be playing ah 4 5 1 rite tru so...especially when we need to score, hyland is a good recommendation for an attacking midfielder...(like latas with legs!)

basically i will summarize what you just said my friend, if we are playing 451 we shouldnt play a shithong like scotty alone as the target man, we should play a 442 if scotty is there, if we play a 451, glen or roberts should start, bc jones is still not 100%

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »

basically i will summarize what you just said my friend, if we are playing 451 we shouldnt play a shithong like scotty alone as the target man, we should play a 442 if scotty is there, if we play a 451, glen or roberts should start, bc jones is still not 100%
You need either reading glasses or reading classes or both.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 01:28:01 PM »
Trinis still cannot appreciate a solid player when they see one.  Men looking for flash and speed and dribbling and flair, and putting down strength, ability to hold up the ball and wait for support, and consistency.

Playing the lone striker is not about getting the ball, turning and running at the goal.  It is about patience, power, and persistence.  It eh easy to be up there against 4 all by yourself.

Scotty will never impress a casual Trini fan.  He is too basic.  Too simple.  Maybe even too plain.  But ask the central midfielders who rely on him to hold the ball up while they come to support and see what they say?  Invaluable.

One question to answer this is the following: With all the forward starboys that England have, why is Emille Heskey still a starter? 

Anyone care to answer?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 01:30:17 PM »

You need either reading glasses or reading classes or both.

20/20 vision, i think your replaying the DR game a lil too much, your beginning to believe scotty is actually a good striker or better than glen and roberts

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »
Trinis still cannot appreciate a solid player when they see one.  Men looking for flash and speed and dribbling and flair, and putting down strength, ability to hold up the ball and wait for support, and consistency.

Playing the lone striker is not about getting the ball, turning and running at the goal.  It is about patience, power, and persistence.  It eh easy to be up there against 4 all by yourself.

Scotty will never impress a casual Trini fan.  He is too basic.  Too simple.  Maybe even too plain.  But ask the central midfielders who rely on him to hold the ball up while they come to support and see what they say?  Invaluable.

One question to answer this is the following: With all the forward starboys that England have, why is Emille Heskey still a starter? 

Anyone care to answer?

exactly
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »
We flashy baddddddddddddddd so he eh flashy left he in d UK cyah score 4 we yada yada yada
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »
the question remains, when will scotty buss the net when we need it the most?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »

U acting like if yuh never gone to ah sweat yuh not accustomed 2 and find it hard to play.... even doh in yuh heart, yuh know, yuh not playing at your top level..... Give Jason some time nuh.... He did not score in the First and Champion Divisions by fluke......

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 01:48:09 PM »
AS a man say earlier , when he ent get pick allyuh want tuh bun Corneal and Pacho.
When he get pick an ent score , he is ah waste of time , nutten to please allyuh apart from the Brazil '84 team
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »

U acting like if yuh never gone to ah sweat yuh not accustomed 2 and find it hard to play.... even doh in yuh heart, yuh know, yuh not playing at your top level..... Give Jason some time nuh.... He did not score in the First and Champion Divisions by fluke......

differeent type of football, championship and wcq is two entirely different types of ball, we need a striker to run at defenders and fight, roberts and glen fits the bill, scotty too slow and can't dribble and beat or create to save his life; why must we wait and give chances when we have 2 more capable players riding pine for a shithong

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »
you want the truth or a lie? Because I don't think many posters could handle the truth

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »
Had stern John played instead of Scotty- He would have had two goals at the end of the match. One in the first half, where he could have advanced and the miss in the second half looking for the right foot. If we are playing with one striker- Glen or Roberts.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »
AS a man say earlier , when he ent get pick allyuh want tuh bun Corneal and Pacho.
When he get pick an ent score , he is ah waste of time , nutten to please allyuh apart from the Brazil '84 team

Brazil 84 team?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »

Brazil 84 team?

My bad 82' team
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »
At least someone shares my sentiment! no disrespect to jason scotland , but he have no moves , he can't dribble that well, he's slow, don't run @ the defence in the box to draw fouls.

i can't see him playing in front of the other available strikers. he failed to impress me since the first bahrain game, let alone the bermuda game where he bumed.  bring back roberts.

you are right. Scottie can't outrun anybody on the pitch.  I feel i faster than he.  he is a bit slow and that messed up our chances to get some more goals. 

1]; } ?>