April 26, 2024, 05:31:57 AM

Author Topic: How good is scotty?  (Read 7104 times)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How good is scotty?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 02:24:35 PM »
He is a good foward but it is difficult to be the ONLY foward and being marked by at least 2 defenders..........sometimes  wonder if some ah allyuh ever play competitive football or even have a clue about the game.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 02:26:37 PM »
He is a good foward but it is difficult to be the ONLY foward and being marked by at least 2 defenders..........sometimes  wonder if some ah allyuh ever play competitive football or even have a clue about the game.

i agree that it is difficult but at the same time it doesnt help scotty that he is not a good dribbler and does not run at the defense, plus hes slower than glen and roberts.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 02:27:16 PM »

Agent we not saying he is not a good forward..but we have BETTER forwards riding bench instead of him..and he aint the best forward we have to choose from when playing one man upfront

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 02:27:37 PM »

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you agent Jack...... like all de goals he does score in the First division and Championship was a fluke...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
Had stern John played instead of Scotty- He would have had two goals at the end of the match. One in the first half, where he could have advanced and the miss in the second half looking for the right foot. If we are playing with one striker- Glen or Roberts.

Maybe he woulda have had 5. maybe we woulda colleck 5. no sense in saying those things since the whole game woulda probably flow different. The plays that materialize with Scotty on the field would differ from those that materialize with Stern there.

Glen is less impressive as a lone striker imo. Never seen Darryl play the position altho he seems to have the right tools. Stern and Kenwyne are the two best lone strikers we have imo.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2008, 02:29:40 PM »

i agree that it is difficult but at the same time it doesnt help scotty that he is not a good dribbler and does not run at the defense, plus hes slower than glen and roberts.

go in goals galore and check his clips
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »

Agent for Julius James.... where is your boy..... he ah get call up yet?

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you agent Jack...... like all de goals he does score in the First division and Championship was a fluke...

how much international goals does he have in wcqs, just out of curiosity, making the transition from the epl or championship to national is what scotty hasn't done

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »
I thought Scotty did well in BOTH games.

Performed his primary role which was to hold the ball up allowing others to come into play.  He more mobile dan Stern although that not really sayin much, and he could kick with both feet.

Dat lone striker role is not an easy one especially when yuh hardly have anybody to play off of or support from midfield.  This puts Stern's performances throughout the years into perspective.  Stern is a special kind of player to be able to handle de jammin yuh does get in dat role.

Scotty is an excellent backup to fully fit KJ and Stern in that role.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
Scotty was miss trapping it nuff time last night. Then Ah see Stern come on... killing it dead on he chest with two man on he back.  ???
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:42:23 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 02:45:09 PM »
Man still talking bout dribbling and running at defence? Despite that not being his role?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »

Agent for Julius James.... where is your boy..... he ah get call up yet?

he good recently come off a hamstring injury
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:42 PM »
I believe he will improve as long as he develops his skills into a role that makes him unique... but for now, with Kenwyne Jones coming back (though not 100%) and having the option to bring on Glen or Roberts or KJ (depending on the situation whether it be tactics, injury, suspension or ejection from the game...) he could improve... his touch is not too bad, but he needs a bit of confidence, like a goal brings... he himself I'm sure knows this, I am willing him to score...

because is he on the pitch not me... and I supporting the fellas...

but ah still think that he need to learn a beats or 2 from a yout' man in Carenage or Grande...

a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 02:47:37 PM »
Sando and ODB I tink it had so many different dynamics at play here that may have limited Scotland's chances........inna nutshell d system is shit.........of we 2 creative engines Yorke in d defensive role and Latas could only do but so much considering his age.............Birhchy is we only fighting sparkplug in d middle and Carlos finally look like he could play football again........Spann made ah overlap run and boom....Scotland get ah decent chance at goal.......also dis is we FIRST game since 2006 with anything resembling we A-Team.......what ah trying tuh say is it too early  tuh judge d man.....especially in dat shit system and d personal we have who still gelling and who outta position.........not tuh knock Stern becuase I am a big fan of him but I feel if he was starting yesterday he would be bytching bout not getting d ball exactly on he foot everytime like ah see him bawling at dem fellas in Bermuda.......Scotland chase down every ball yesterday and eh  cry 1X bout it.........overall ah feel we need time b4 we pass judgement.......TTFF phock we over by not having dese fellas playing 2gether fuh d past 2 years........maybe d shit system might of work

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 03:00:38 PM »
I thought Scotty did well in BOTH games.

Performed his primary role which was to hold the ball up allowing others to come into play.  He more mobile dan Stern although that not really sayin much, and he could kick with both feet.

Dat lone striker role is not an easy one especially when yuh hardly have anybody to play off of or support from midfield.  This puts Stern's performances throughout the years into perspective.  Stern is a special kind of player to be able to handle de jammin yuh does get in dat role.

Scotty is an excellent backup to fully fit KJ and Stern in that role.

... and here i have to agree with you once again.

*hawk spit*   ;)

the man played excellent in guatemala and played good last night against USA.. Being isolated in the lone striker role in that cobo brand will make anybody look inefficient.. Basically yuh consistently have your back to 2-3 defenders, with the long ball or bullet pass being forced into you from defence, and you have to wait a while for support to show up..

I thought at times he was lacking a bit in pace compared to the fitter US defenders and had some bad touches here and there... but that said, Birchall aside, there were not many players last night who we can say stood out significantly in the game. It was just a better team making our play and by extension Scotty look a lil less effective..

And for the ones who say he need to learn to beats.. Doh get tie up he have real dribble, but he learn that pretty moves dont get the job done on the big stage and he put that to one side to focus on being more effective!

Bottom line is with KJ coming back and Stern getting back to full fitness, he will probably see the bench from here forward, but definitely an excellent option as a backup striker.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 03:16:21 PM »
Scottie play good
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 03:34:37 PM »
This guy scottland has been eager to show what he's made of and fails to impress me. I don't know for other people on this board but is either the league he's playing in is shitty or he just can't score in international football....
Have you considered the leagues in which he has had his successes  ? ....not really top notch
I agree he is a bit predictable and therefore easy to keep quiet. reminds me of the  put your head down and run type ...
he needs to take a few lessions from Latapy who gets out of trouble ..he seems to always run into trouble ....
he wont be around for much longer I would think ...not after KJ returns ..

Scotty is good.... and will score..... give him time.....

we don't have time, fella.  we need results instantenously

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 04:21:12 PM »
Scotty did well. He put in a decent effort last night after all de extra running de team had to do against Guatemala. KJ will definitely play in front of him, but ah not sure bout Stern. Scotty set a very professional tone for de work as de lone forward and ah suspect when Stern come on he had no choice but to follow suit. Well done again Mr. Scotland, yuh attack de task at hand with whatever tools yuh have at yuh disposal. Ah love it!!! Beat de gringos!
Doh loss yuh head boss

1]; } ?>