April 28, 2024, 08:40:48 PM

Author Topic: Argentina vs Chile  (Read 3226 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Argentina vs Chile
« on: October 13, 2007, 02:21:11 PM »
Can anyone provide a link for this game ?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina vs Chile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 02:46:46 PM »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 02:51:50 PM »
ah self didnt know this was ah world cup qualifying game
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 03:18:48 PM »
riquelme with ah sweet free kick   argentina 1 vs chile 0

make that 2 riquelme freekicks  argentina 2 vs chile 0
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:32:17 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 03:26:36 PM »

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »
Channel - 6543 sopcat that wuking

and d link that small mag give u supposed to wuk 2
use the guandong sopcast link

is half time now

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »
nobody kyah just put up ah click on link without all dem downloading reqs ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »
well we are on our way here...... basile again defied the experts and picked his playmaker who is scrubbing bench for Villareal and has not played since the copa america final. The Villareal coach says he has no problem with Riquelme so I guess he just cant make the team..... an interesting fact is that Fernandes, who replaced him, was on the field today for Chile !
Well I guess we is ah real big side when you could bench Riquelme and still be 3rd in La liga !
I have to see the game to comment on it but the radio commentary was great....all de commentator was saying during somwe plays was ta ta ta ta .....de knock just to quick to call names I guess....
Well Bielsa to his credit tried to play attacking football .....just a better coach and better team today

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 04:48:46 PM »
http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match10.htm
scroll down

sorry which one ...none seems to work

well then pressure lol... 

try these other links
http://www.rojadirecta.org/
http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

well that is the first and only one i  try and  ah get a link to the two goals . and ah sure you - know - what    video site eh have it yet.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:52:13 PM by legal alien »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Argentina coach Basile quits after Chile loss
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 07:11:40 AM »
wc qualifying casualty ...

==

Argentina coach Basile quits after Chile loss

Alfio Basile has resigned as coach of Argentina, the country's football association have confirmed.

Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Chile in Santiago left Argentina seven points behind South American leaders Paraguay in their World Cup qualifying group, while they have won only one World Cup qualifier this year, a 2-1 home triumph over Uruguay on Saturday following four consecutive draws against Ecuador, Brazil, Paraguay and Peru, to lie third in the standings.

Basile's resignation brings the curtain down on the 64-year-old's second stint in charge of the national team.

He had previously led Argentina to the 1994 World Cup in the USA before they were knocked out in the second round by Romania, prompting him to quit.

Basile took the helm once more after the 2006 World Cup following Jose Pekerman's resignation and guided Argentina to the final of the Copa America in 2007, where they lost 3-0 to arch-rivals Brazil.

Sergio Batista, who was part of the 1986 World Cup-winning side, is certain to be among the front-runners to replace Basile after coaching Argentina to gold at this summer's Olympic Games.

"I'm convinced I can coach the senior team. If it's my turn, I will take it," he said.

River Plate boss Diego Simeone and Miguel Angel Russo, coach of league leaders San Lorenzo, are other potential candidates.

Midfielder Lionel Messi had earlier expressed his deep disappointment at Argentina's performance against Chile.

"The truth is that we've done everything badly," he said.

"I know I didn't play well. We all didn't play well. We must correct a lot of things for the future."

Grondona admitted Basile's decision had caught him off-guard.

"I'm surprised. Basile told me he resigned for personal reasons. I don't know which those reasons are, time will tell," he said.

"I wasn't expecting this. I guess he was feeling uncomfortable for some reason but if we look at our qualifying position, we were not too bad."

Grondona echoed Bialo's comments that the AFA had not yet begun the search for a new boss.

"We can't talk about the successor yet. It's too soon," he added.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »
Now for Dunga to follow suit...

Brazil hasn't scored a goal at home in their last 3 matches, Argentina is struggling by their standards- yet still Brazil & Argentina still sit in 2nd & 3rd respectively separated by only one point.....

My guess is that they'll both qualify comfortably and all will return to normal soon enough....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 08:31:40 AM »
gee maturana da wuk...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:07 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 09:28:35 AM »
gee maturana da wuk...
you like ting eh ! Ah find men beating up on maturana plenty boy...but if dey want to get rid of him ...now is de time. Ah new coach will have the relatively easy task of only needing a home draw then he gets into the hex . I think he should stay though i have said so many times.
In South america if man eh producing dey eh waiting..dey gone. I am disappointed that with the fantastic four all playing Basile could not get the team to score goals. They have dropped so many points against weaker teams something must be wrong. These players are scoring for their clubs and in good form the problem seems to be no plan !
I believe Basile has tried everything so far and has not been very successful maybe the former argentina juniors coach, who gave a sterling performence against the defence Force in arima after winning the 1986 WC with argentina might be the next choice.
Plenty upsets around the world now ...even england beating people by plenty goals dese days !!! what a ting !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »
Yep dat is a gr8 idea BM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »
Basile quits after defeat to Chile
Argentina coach cites 'personal reasons'
Reuters
Published: Friday, October 17, 2008

Argentina coach Alfio Basile quit on Thursday, the day after an embarrassing 2010 World Cup qualifying defeat to Chile, the Argentina Football Association (AFA) said.

Basile's sudden decision to end his second stint in the job came after his repeated failure to galvanize a team that boasts some of the world's most talented players, including Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero.

"Basile spoke to the AFA president [Julio Grondona] and quit for personal reasons," spokesman Ernesto Cherquis told reporters.

"The national team's committee tried to persuade him to postpone his decision but Basile was very decided, very determined ... and against a man who has made up his mind and has Basile's dignity, we were swimming against the tide.

"The resignation has been accepted," added Cherquis. "He had pain in his heart."

Basile, who with his slicked-back hair and gravel-voice appeared to have stepped out of a 1950s tango club, was seen as a romantic who wanted his team to play with style.

However, critics said in recent matches his team had lost their way and were too dependent on Juan Roman Riquelme, a gifted but inconsistent playmaker.

Appointed in July 2006, Basile quit just after the halfway mark in the 18-match South American 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign with Argentina third in the 10-team group on 16 points, ahead of Chile on goal difference, but seven behind leaders Paraguay.

The top four teams qualify directly for the World Cup and the fifth plays off against the fourth-placed team from the North and Central American CONCACAF region.

Basile, appointed in July 2006, was in charge for 28 games, winning 14, drawing eight and losing six.

Jai?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 07:45:59 PM »
How we could not have been sooooooooooo lucky June 15th dis yr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
Riquelme must be crying.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 11:57:46 PM »
Argentina was horrible. Worse than the Copa final against Brazil (if that needed to be said).

This development comes at the right time with respect to setting up a proper transition. On paper another loss could see them slide mid-table but, with Venezuela as the next opponent, Basile's replacement will have some breathing room to work out the kinks.

From what I gather, the decision will be made quickly because Grondona will be in Switzerland for a week starting Monday coming ... putting his return to Buenos Aires as October 27 ... and since the new coach will want to put a stamp on the players involved in the upcoming friendly versus Scotland on November 19 ... and the deadline to submit the selected players is 2 weeks before that on November 4 ... time is of the essence.

So ... with all ah that ... we go see ... despite the article above and the sentimental leanings to Batista b/c of the Olympic medal ... Bianchi could be the call ... personally, Batista is the safest call from a transition perspective but if Maradona is part of that package ... some men will be saying goodbye.

1]; } ?>