April 25, 2024, 07:22:37 PM

Author Topic: silvio slips up but comes good in the end.  (Read 3274 times)

Offline wrexham dragon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
silvio slips up but comes good in the end.
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »
i put it down to a bit of jet lag myself. enjoy the goals, not the best quality im afraid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmV5Qqdozc

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: silvio slips up but comes good in the end.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:47:23 AM »
thanks for the video  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:56:11 AM »
Boi that goal that mansfield score was really a testimony of Spann defensive weakness....thanks for the video :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
Boi that goal that mansfield score was really a testimony of Spann defensive weakness....thanks for the video :beermug:

lol 
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »
watching that video...Spann need to get his act together now and very fast....else he will be back home looking for a club to played for  or not call for the senior team...it seem he lack focus

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
watching that video...Spann need to get his act together now and very fast....else he will be back home looking for a club to played for  or not call for the senior team...it seem he lack focus

Since the beginning of the year we've been pleading for him to get his act together...but some man still requesting for him to be on the national team simply cause he was part of the 2006 WC team and can add experience  ::)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »

Since the beginning of the year we've been pleading for him to get his act together...but some man still requesting for him to be on the national team simply cause he was part of the 2006 WC team and can add experience  ::)

Spann was part of the WCQ team, not the WC team.  He was sitting two seats to my right in Dortmund for the game against Sweden!!

AH LOVE IT!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »
woulda like to see primus in right back instead ah this man
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »

Spann was part of the WCQ team, not the WC team.  He was sitting two seats to my right in Dortmund for the game against Sweden!!

AH LOVE IT!!

lol Correct is right !!  :beermug:

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
The thing about this...is some guy's on the national team have to be consistent and very focus...and they not...why is that....why so much inconsistency with some players game play like they not ready...that alway trouble me

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 12:27:02 PM »
atrocious defending...

he just needs to focus a bit more fellas... he will come good...

I'm sure...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline wrexham dragon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »
it turns out that silvio had an excellent 2nd half today. putting the mistake well and truly behind him. and in the process is winning over a lot of his doubters.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 01:35:22 PM »
it turns out that silvio had an excellent 2nd half today. putting the mistake well and truly behind him. and in the process is winning over a lot of his doubters.
nice very nice to hear
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 02:32:13 PM »
D doubters in Wrexham
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »

So what did he do well in the 2nd half?

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »
Shocking play by spann :o

Offline wrexham dragon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 07:14:55 AM »
jist a few comments from fans who went yesterday
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ward (5) - Had very little to do. Made a good stop from ex-red Michael Blackwood, but distribution as poor as ever.

Baynes (7) - Very solid display. He's probably the best hitter of a dead-ball since Graham Whittle. Excellent corner for our first goal. He's definitely better as an attacking full-back than as either a wing-back or right winger.

Westwood (7) - Good positional play and didn't tire. Stallard isn't the quickest guy in the world, but he can be a handful. Ashley had him in his pocket. looks like a good signing, but will be interesting to see what he's like against quicker strikers, although he again held his own against the other Mansfield strikers.

Mike Williams (7) - Good footballer, and good, powerful header for his goal. He is a bit slow, and sometimes switches off to give his man too much space. But definitely improving.

Tremarco (7) - Again solid until he took an injury to his right ankle. Think he turned it when landing from an awkward challenge. Hope it's not too serious.

Sam Brown (2) - Hardly anything went right for him, and certainly our weakest link today. Must try harder!

Allen (7) - First time I've seen him and was quite impressed. He's quick, has good feet and a good brain. He's still far from perfect, but at his age, he can but get better.

Mackin (7) - Mostly very good, with the occasional stupid pass or move. But ran his heart out, and closed down the midfield well. Allen and Mackin is a better combination than Kearney and Mackin, but I still think we are missing that creativity in the midfield.

Taylor (6) - He isn't a winger; but looked more comfortable when he had to replace Carl at left-back.

Marc Williams (8) - Ran his socks off and battled for everything. He may lack the necessary pace to become a good forward, but he has so many other good attributes that make up for that deficiency. Excellent poacher's goal. My MOTM.

Proctor (6) - Bags of movement and almost scored in the second half, but for a superb save from Gamble - you couldn't make it up! However, a combination of Marc and Michael lacks pace.

Subs:

Spann (7) - We saw the devil and the angel in Silvio, today. Did well to cover for their goal, but then failed to pass it back. Afterwards, we saw the footballer in him coming out. So, considering his trans-Atlantic midweek journeys, we can forgive him; but that stupid mistake could have cost us 3 points.

Aiston (3) - Admittedly he didn't have much time to influence the game, but what little he did he buggered up. Simply not good enough.

S Evans (6) - No howlers and looked okay alongside Westwood, although that pairing is possibly a bit too slow and similar.

All in all, a hard fought for 3 points, but we thoroughly deserved to win. There is still much for DS Mk 2 and TD to do; but the morale is climbing, and we are mostly playing it on the floor. But I'm a happy bunny!

Prodigal Dragon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Prodigal Dragon
Find all posts by Prodigal Dragon
Add Prodigal Dragon to Your Contacts

#2       Yesterday, 19:32 
smallman 
Senior Member   Join Date: Oct 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ratings v Mansfield

not brilliant - but stuck in there and a third successive win - brilliant

Ward - 7 - sound !!

Baynes - 7 - good all round and some excellent delivery
Westwood - 8 - MoM - great debut, more stretched when they went long later on
Mike W. -6 - solid again - lack of a right foot showed him up more today
Tremarco - (6) -

Simon B - 4 - just - effort was there, but nothing came off, except him eventually!
Allen - 6 - worked away and came into play more as game went on
Mackin - 5 - just, as 2nd half was a slight improvement on a woeful 1st 45
Taylor - 6 - based on late covering really, 4+ bad (sloppy) slips, including start of their goal

Proctor - 6 - not a lot of threat, but held it up increasingly well and showed his (footballing) intelligence
Marc W - 8 - confidence showed in an impressive all round game

Spann - 6 - great to hear him supported... awful mistake for their goal, but worked past it, and has a lot of class - intermittently!
Evans -(6) - came on to do a job with Jason lee - did it!!

and the ref - pillock!! - some fussy to awful decisions led him to book Wes for nothing, and his one lino was a pratt too

8th - a jump to next layer - but still trying for proper football (last week's session on hooking it forward into the channels seemed to have stuck in Levi's mind - sort of!!) so Deano - 10 -

thought I'd join you on one thread PD
think you may be overly kind to the central midfield ... and Aiston was so poor I forgot the man came on !!
do I take it you were on the positive side of your Proctor debate

smallman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to smallman
Find all posts by smallman
Add smallman to Your Contacts

#3       Yesterday, 19:48 
 LWR 
Senior Member   Join Date: Oct 2004

Ward 6 - Didnt have alot to do.

Baynes 7 - I much prefer him as a right back, good in the tackle
Williams 7 - Lost quite a few headers but was pretty solid
Westwood 7 - Neat and tidy, no the biggest but was decent in the air. Doesnt seem slow to me?
Tremarco 7 - Was looking steady until hin injury

Brown 5 - Looked up for it, just couldnt get in the game
Allen 7 - Looks to get the ball down and play football
Mackin 7 - Not a fan of him but didnt do alot wrong today.
Taylor 6 - Not convinced he's a winger, if only he was a couple of inches taller. But didnt put a foot wrong

Proctor 7 - Some reall nice touches and he put a good shift in, he's just sooooooo slow.
Williams 8 - Coming of age, really impressed with him and didnt he do well for his goal, and you could tell how much it meant to him.

Spann 6- I cant give him any higher because of his howler, but he has got something, he just needs confidence, so everyone has got to stay off his back, which is what the fans did today, when it would have been so easy to slag him.

We'll set you up with some odd convictions,
Because you're finally golden, boy.

Last edited by LWR; Yesterday at 19:50.

LWR
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LWR
Send email to LWR
Find all posts by LWR
Add LWR to Your Contacts

#4       Yesterday, 19:52 
Psycho For Chairman! 
Junior Member   Join Date: Jan 2007

Ward (7) - Did nothing wrong really, could have come for more but solid.

Baynes (7) - His delivery in general was pretty exceptional, got caught at the back once or twice though.

Tremarco (6) - Didn't really do much before he came off but did ok.

Mike Williams (7) - Thought he played really well and looks the part as a centre-back. Did well for the goal but its a shame he got injured.

Westwood (8) - Thought he was outstanding, read the game superbly and didn't put a foot wrong. My MoM

Simon Brown (4) - Was poor again. In fairness to him, he had to play on the left but didn't beat their full back all game.

Taylor (6) - Battled hard but it didn't quite happen for him today.

Mackin (6) - Useless first half, improved in the second.

Allen (7) - Showed flashes of brilliance and there was some superb passing.

Proctor (7) - Poor in the first half, we really looked like we were missing Louis aas there was no one to hold the ball up front but played better after half time and was unlucky not to score.

Marc Williams (8) - Outstanding! He's such a gutsy little F*cker! Great work rate and a nice finish!

Subs:

Spann (7) - Huge blunder for the first goal and was running around like a headless chicken before half time. I was very impressed with him in the 2nd half though, looked a class act!

Aiston (5) - Looked weak again.

S.Evans (7) - Thought it was imperetive to bring him on to mark Jason Lee the target man and he kept him quiet

Fans (10) - Magnificent!

Deano (10) - Love this guy!

Psycho For Chairman!
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Psycho For Chairman!
Send email to Psycho For Chairman!
Find all posts by Psycho For Chairman!
Add Psycho For Chairman! to Your Contacts

#5       Yesterday, 20:40 
 Rk11 
Senior Member   Join Date: Mar 2007

I'd pretty much agree with LWR ratings. The Silvio Spann 'situation' was pleasing for me personally. Last season had he made that mistake I would say that a section of supporters would have booed him and got on his back. Of all the people to make a mistake i'd have had Spann at the bottom of the list as he is all about confidence and I thought he would hide away. But he didn't, he put in a solid shift and looked a threat so credit to him for that. You can see it means a lot to him and the fans support can only help him in his time here.

Silvio, Silvio ! Spann up !

Rk11
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Rk11
Send email to Rk11
Find all posts by Rk11
Add Rk11 to Your Contacts

#6       Yesterday, 21:33 
novamatt 
Senior Member   Join Date: Apr 2007

Psycho has got it pretty much spot on. We looked really good going down the right in the second half. Allen and Spann really tied them in knots with Baynes overlapping well. The ref was officious in the extreme. Thought their No 2 was a good player. The lad who scored their goal reminded me of Malongo; pace to burn but couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo- yes I know he scored but even I could have slotted that one!

novamatt
View Public Profile
Send a private message to novamatt
Find all posts by novamatt
Add novamatt to Your Contacts

#7       Yesterday, 22:50 
 LWR 
Senior Member   Join Date: Oct 2004

After listening to the Podcast I think Ill change my Taylor rating to a 7. I forgot about the 2 vital challenges he made and I didnt see him give Brown a rollicking. Well done Neil.

We'll set you up with some odd convictions,
Because you're finally golden, boy.

LWR
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LWR
Send email to LWR
Find all posts by LWR
Add LWR to Your Contacts

#8       Today, 09:29 
 Ruthin red 
Senior Member   Join Date: Nov 2004

Thought officials were poor, first half gave them a corner and Tremarco didnt touch it.

He seemed to give them alot of dubious free kicks , and he played over the 5 mins added time

I thought Taylor was great today, Westwood was very cool and decisive also

would have preffered Whalley to Simon Brown on the wing, anyone know why he wasnt in the squad ?

Ruthin red
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ruthin red
Send email to Ruthin red
Find all posts by Ruthin red
Add Ruthin red to Your Contacts

#9       Today, 14:00 
 gazw 
Senior Member   Join Date: Mar 2005

Ward - 6. Was a bit slow to come out for the goal but probably didn't want to risk getting sent off so I suppose you can't blame him. Don't know why people criticise his distribution - only one went out of play and the rest were fine.

Baynes - 6. Got done a couple of times out wide but generally solid and tidy in possession. A good player.

Tremarco - 6. Didn't do much of note wrong before having to go off. Doesn't really ever have bad games, just some quieter than others.

Mike Williams - 7. Up against a real experienced handful in Stallard and a big speed demon in Sinclair. They didn't cause too many problems. Did well and scored at a very important time.

Westwood - 8. As above but read the game brilliantly and showed a lot of composure. Probably had the more to do out of him and Williams.

Taylor - 7. A quiet game but a match winning captain's challenge at the end, where he risked injury. Great right footed cross for Proctor's header first half. Great attitude and a good player.

Brown - 4. Not helped by being put out on the left, didn't get into it at all. Partly to blame for their goal for taking an unnecessary risk.

Allen - 6/7. A very good player but got out muscled a number of ocassions. Silly booking. Nice touches, nice passing but didn't really stamp his authority on the game.

Mackin - 6. Didn't really notice him, which I think is a good thing for one of the centre mids as it means positionally he was sound, which has not always been the case. A quiet job done ok.

Marc Williams - 7. Worked hard as always. Got a good goal. The boy is coming into his own. Deano is bringing him on to be the player I thought he could be.

Proctor - 6. Neat and tidy. Should probably have had a couple of goals and but for one great save, he would have had one. Intelligent play at times and has the ability to unlock defences, which others in the squad possibly don't.

Spann - 6. If he hadn't made that mistake it would have been a 7. Quality is undeniable, application has been found wanting since he has been here. Not yesterday. Good touches, plenty of effort. Nice to see the fans get behind him as he is a player that needs to be loved, which is probably why Deano is getting more out of him than Little.

Evans - 6/7. As has been said he was brought on to do a job. Did it.

Aiston - 5/6. Had a couple of chances to work the full back and failed to get beyond him but worked reasonably hard and made no great mistakes.

Overall: 7.
Not faultless but without having a full strength squad and suffering injuries the lads played well and certainly deserved the win. If we keep working hard and keep believing that even if we go one down we have the ability to score 2, we will continue to climb the table. A very good 3 points against a side with a decent home record, albeit on a poor run.

gazw
View Public Profile
Send a private message to gazw
Find all posts by gazw
Add gazw to Your Contacts

Show Printable Version
 Email this Page
 Subscribe to this Thread 

Linear Mode
 Switch to Hybrid Mode
 Switch to Threaded Mode

Search this Thread