April 28, 2024, 09:52:42 PM

Author Topic: With Corneal in the Picture, we will never see a Full Strength T&T outfit  (Read 5898 times)

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: With Corneal in the Picture, we will never see a Full Strength T&T outfit
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 04:45:52 PM »
Well then name those players of whom you speak that are being or have been excluded because of Corneal.

i think controversial listed them at the beginning of his thread, i think he summed it up well enough.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 05:17:02 PM »
pacheco, noray, tinto,guerra, sancho, dwarika,theobald, jemmott, josh johnson
Let's break this down shall we?

According to controversial's "logic" these players have been excluded by Anton Corneal because of bias.

Andrei Pacheco....possibly.  Who is he playing with currently?  Is this the same Pacheco that went on trial with an MLS team and wasn't able to make it?  How has he been playing this season?  Is he in form?

Kerry Noray.....plays with Joe Public.  A team owned by Jack Warner.  In controversial's mind...Anton could override Jack and not pick him.  Not sure what position Kerry Noray supposed to fill on the National team though.

Atullah Guerra......plays with Jabloteh.  Seeing that Jabloteh players have been conspicuously absent from the National team set up in recent times, this might make sense.  Except....Guerra WAS selected by Corneal initially.  He didn't exactly have much opportunity to showcase what he had but on the few occasions he did have a chance, he didn't exactly carpe de fleckin diem eedah.  Besides....Guerra not even on de Jabloteh 1st XI dese days so how he supposed to make de National team now?

Brent Sancho....Or Hor....so is Anton Corneal not pickin him.  Thanks fuh clearin dat up.  Me eh know he does be coachin all dem clubs in Britain eedah.  And all dis time I did tort was Jack was keepin he out on de blackliss.  But of course.....Anton done override Jack wit Noray so who is Sancho?  My bad.

Arnold Dwarika....Where he fittin on de National team again?  In front a who?  Latas?

Theobald.....Oh boy.

Jemmott.....tink he could last 10 minutes?  Besides....Alvin Corneal is known to be a huge fan of Hardest.  But Anton does overrule he faddah and all wit he bias self ent?

Josh Johnson.....Who?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »
Facts : The job of the national team coach is not to develop players..secondly, it was mentioned during de broadcast of the T&T - USA game that we used (someone correct meh if ah wrong) 39 players in the campaing so far, more that any other team in CONCACAF . Thirdly  Anotn was Wim's assisistant as well, so blamig Anton not going to solve anything , ah wish we could hear something more positive..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 06:05:16 PM »
it was mentioned during de broadcast of the T&T - USA game that we used (someone correct meh if ah wrong) 39 players in the campaing so far, more that any other team in CONCACAF .

We could use 139 players.  It go still have peeps who eh go be happy and go find somebody to blame.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »
pacheco, noray, tinto,guerra, sancho, dwarika,theobald, jemmott, josh johnson
Let's break this down shall we?

According to controversial's "logic" these players have been excluded by Anton Corneal because of bias.

Andrei Pacheco....possibly.  Who is he playing with currently?  Is this the same Pacheco that went on trial with an MLS team and wasn't able to make it?  How has he been playing this season?  Is he in form?

Kerry Noray.....plays with Joe Public.  A team owned by Jack Warner.  In controversial's mind...Anton could override Jack and not pick him.  Not sure what position Kerry Noray supposed to fill on the National team though.

Atullah Guerra......plays with Jabloteh.  Seeing that Jabloteh players have been conspicuously absent from the National team set up in recent times, this might make sense.  Except....Guerra WAS selected by Corneal initially.  He didn't exactly have much opportunity to showcase what he had but on the few occasions he did have a chance, he didn't exactly carpe de fleckin diem eedah.  Besides....Guerra not even on de Jabloteh 1st XI dese days so how he supposed to make de National team now?

Brent Sancho....Or Hor....so is Anton Corneal not pickin him.  Thanks fuh clearin dat up.  Me eh know he does be coachin all dem clubs in Britain eedah.  And all dis time I did tort was Jack was keepin he out on de blackliss.  But of course.....Anton done override Jack wit Noray so who is Sancho?  My bad.

Arnold Dwarika....Where he fittin on de National team again?  In front a who?  Latas?

Theobald.....Oh boy.

Jemmott.....tink he could last 10 minutes?  Besides....Alvin Corneal is known to be a huge fan of Hardest.  But Anton does overrule he faddah and all wit he bias self ent?

Josh Johnson.....Who?

pacheco is fit from my knowledge and would be an excellent replacement at the left back, he is much more capable than akile edwards

noray is a good left winger and forward, he was doing well for a long time but never got the chance, once again, if corneal doesn't select noray, its not going to hurt jack because there was no uproar from anyone recently saying noray not getting selected.

guerra from all reports and from my own observations is much better than hyland, however guerra had an injury which i believe he has recovered from, he still got the shaft on the national team, corneal brought up guerra to make himself look good when in fact he is responsible for his downfall.

sancho, well according to many its jw, ok fair enough but corneal not rushing to select him either

dwarika is not there to take latas place but to provide the necessary back up, because we have no other attacking mids other than whitley who could be defined as a defensive mid

theobald played garbage for the few games maturana saw him, however previous coaches and latas himself knows the talent and skill someone possesses, scotland hasn't played well in God knows how long but is given the chance again to perform, hence the US match, so why not theobald, wim made him captain in the digicel and he stood out, a few bad games doesnt mean a player is a shitsnake

jemmott could last 45 plus, last i heard he was doing well with cale but his contract expired, now hes shopping for another team, and it wasn't corneal who picked him it was wim from what I have come to know, last time i checked anton corneal is his own man.

yea josh johnson, you know the speedy right winger, that can dribble and pass, the one who should be second to edwards on the right

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:33:51 PM by Controversial »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »
it was mentioned during de broadcast of the T&T - USA game that we used (someone correct meh if ah wrong) 39 players in the campaing so far, more that any other team in CONCACAF .

We could use 139 players.  It go still have peeps who eh go be happy and go find somebody to blame.
where is that post of yours Palos that mentions a team of all the players people would want :rotfl: :rotfl:
I cyar find it
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 05:56:19 PM »

where is that post of yours Palos that mentions a team of all the players people would want :rotfl: :rotfl:
I cyar find it

lets see palos list, it may open pandora's box

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »
I cyar find it
lets see palos list, it may open pandora's box

OK found it,
but it is not as provocative as I first made it out to be
my bad, On De Block  ;D ;D
I hope he start.

And den go rock back to check de site fuh some a dese same posters comments if GOD forbid, he doh have a good game.

TTFF cyah ever win wit we fans.  We want 4 strikers, 8 midfielders, 10 defenders and 2 goalie every game.....except...de rules say only 11 could be on a field at de same time.  If only dem rules didn't apply to we alone, we might jes have dis world beatin team some a we seem to think we have.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>