April 29, 2024, 02:46:06 AM

Author Topic: Questions for today.  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Questions for today.
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:30:39 AM »
1. Do you think Latapy should have stayed around and actually coach the T&T team for the Digcel Championship ? Maybe just to get a fell of things and the experience.

5.11.2008, Trinidad & Tobago - Antigua & Barbuda, 19:00, Macoya, TRI
7.11.2008, Trinidad & Tobago - St. Kitts & Nevis, 17:00, Macoya, TRI
9.11.2008, Trinidad & Tobago - Guyana, 18:00, Macoya, TRI

2. Seeing the USL and MLS leagues is about to finish do you feel players such as Randi Patterson, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Scott Sealy, Brent Sancho, Ancil Farrier (school), Yohance Marshall (school), Javed Mohammed (school) Aaron Downing and Matthew Bartholomew both in Belgium given a call up.

3. If you was the current coach of the T&T side who would be the first player on your list (pick one).
Mines: Christopher Birchall. And for many reasons, not just one.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for today.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 09:08:25 AM »
I'd like Latapy to actually be appointed head coach of another team and establish a track record before I can feel comfortable with him coaching T&T.  I know the Klinsmanns & Dungas of the world were untested before given the big jobs but I think they have better players, staffs & infrastructure around them to make their jobs easier. 

How does the completion of the USL & MLS relate to calling up players based in Belgium?  About the other players: add'l depth is always good- especially if any of them are defenders.

My first pick: Toss up between Dwight Yorke, Carlos Edwards & Chris Birchall- depending on the weather  ;D 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »
1. Do you think Latapy should have stayed around and actually coach the T&T team for the Digcel Championship ? Maybe just to get a fell of things and the experience.

5.11.2008, Trinidad & Tobago - Antigua & Barbuda, 19:00, Macoya, TRI
7.11.2008, Trinidad & Tobago - St. Kitts & Nevis, 17:00, Macoya, TRI
9.11.2008, Trinidad & Tobago - Guyana, 18:00, Macoya, TRI

No.  First of all there has been no official notification by the TTFF to name Latapy Head Coach.  Telling someone that they have a future role to play in T&T Football does not mean they will be Head Coach.

Second, Maturana is still Head Coach and while he is still the official head coach of the senior men's national team, it would be even more of an undermining of his authority were the TTFF to embark on that course of action.  No head coach with any integrity would stand for that either.

Finally, I am sure that Latas has contractual obligations with Falkirk.  Even if the TTFF wanted to operate in such an unrpofessional manner, it is unlikely that Falkirk would accomodate them in doing so in this matter.

2. Seeing the USL and MLS leagues is about to finish do you feel players such as Randi Patterson, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Scott Sealy, Brent Sancho, Ancil Farrier (school), Yohance Marshall (school), Javed Mohammed (school) Aaron Downing and Matthew Bartholomew both in Belgium given a call up.

Apart from maybe Sancho, No.  Only 21 players can be called up and the one's that were called are quite sufficient.

3. If you was the current coach of the T&T side who would be the first player on your list (pick one).
Mines: Christopher Birchall. And for many reasons, not just one.

Khaleem Hyland.  He needs the caps.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 11:00:02 AM »
I'd like Latapy to actually be appointed head coach of another team and establish a track record before I can feel comfortable with him coaching T&T.  I know the Klinsmanns & Dungas of the world were untested before given the big jobs but I think they have better players, staffs & infrastructure around them to make their jobs easier. 

Huh?  Like Doc Rivers said when he was given the reigns to the Orlando Magic, yuh cannot play and coach at the same time (although in limited roles we have player coaches).  I would beg to differ with you on this one.  The man play at the highest levels in Portugal and Scotland, so yuh doh think he play fuh good coaches.  Benefica, Hibs Falkirk doh have good staffs and infrastructure?  What you said above makes absolutely no sense. 

Latas is more than ready to coach our national team.  Whether or not he gets the opportunity is another story.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »

Huh?  Like Doc Rivers said when he was given the reigns to the Orlando Magic, yuh cannot play and coach at the same time (although in limited roles we have player coaches).  I would beg to differ with you on this one.  The man play at the highest levels in Portugal and Scotland, so yuh doh think he play fuh good coaches.  Benefica, Hibs Falkirk doh have good staffs and infrastructure?  What you said above makes absolutely no sense. 

Latas is more than ready to coach our national team.  Whether or not he gets the opportunity is another story.
Dude, are you trying to say that because Latapy has played for teams that have/had good coaches and infrastructure, he's ready to coach our national team?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »

de man never play for benfica dawg....Fc Porto

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »
D fella we have now have real experience and is cobeau brand so leh we go wit a man with no experience we might not get eagle but I go settle 4 dove
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »

I actually with Kicker on this one... not because one man do it mean another man will succeed.  The example of Doc Rivers certainly out the door because that's a different sport altogether.  Not to revive the argument (because it was already discussed not even a month ago), but Latas cannot be compared to men like Klinsmann, Dunga et al...  for all his accomplishments he never played on a stage quite as grand as what those men played on.  Nothing against the Scottish and Portuguese leagues, but they're hardly comparable to the top flight leagues.  

Top flight experience is neither a guarantor of nor hindrance to managerial success however... Eriksson and Big Phil come to mind... but the difference is that despite the paucity of their accomplishments as players, each subsequently went on to hone his skills a lower-tier managers before ascending to their international status.  I similarly think that Latas could benefit from such grooming before he's thrust into an international role.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 02:17:50 PM »

de man never play for benfica dawg....Fc Porto

Same difference
Arimian to meh heart

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »

I actually with Kicker on this one... not because one man do it mean another man will succeed.  The example of Doc Rivers certainly out the door because that's a different sport altogether.  Not to revive the argument (because it was already discussed not even a month ago), but Latas cannot be compared to men like Klinsmann, Dunga et al...  for all his accomplishments he never played on a stage quite as grand as what those men played on.  Nothing against the Scottish and Portuguese leagues, but they're hardly comparable to the top flight leagues.  

Top flight experience is neither a guarantor of nor hindrance to managerial success however... Eriksson and Big Phil come to mind... but the difference is that despite the paucity of their accomplishments as players, each subsequently went on to hone his skills a lower-tier managers before ascending to their international status.  I similarly think that Latas could benefit from such grooming before he's thrust into an international role.

Latapy happened to play Champions League.  FC Porto has actually won the European Cup/Champions' League

* Winners - 1986–87, 2003–04

European Super Cup

* Winners - 1986–87
    * Runners-up - 2003, 2004

Intercontinental Cup

* Winners - 1987, 2004

UEFA Cup

* Winners - 2002–03

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup:

* Runners-up 1983–84

So is not like its a shit team that he played on.  Latas is a great footballer and may or may not be a great coach, that much is true, but to compare him to Klinsmann and say he eh have those credentials that is why he needs to be bloodied somewhere else first is pure nonsense!

Trinidad play can be put on par with some of those self same lower tier teams in those same lower tier leagues we bash.  So why can't Latapy hone his skills right in T&T?

By the way how many times have the Scottish teams Celtic and Rangers buss English teams from the EPL?

Latas could well be ut in charge of games against Antigua and other Caribbean opponents, is not like those teams can go out and beat a Scottish team day in and day out anyway!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 02:20:48 PM by assrancid »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

Bake I totally disagree.  You guys have no idea how great a player latas is/was and his football mind.  Latas was a better player than Dwight and he might even admit it, however, Dwight got the big break.  

Latas' mind is one of the best in the world, yes I said it, in the world when it comes to football.  I not going and say Klinnsman this and that, b/c I think he is a good coach but what I personally believe given the job Latas could do well.  Xs and Os, the man mind is brilliant.  I feel we selling the man short.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with him getting more experience under his belt but he could coach our team and do as good or even a better job than Maturana.  Everybody may not agree with this, but this is purely my opinion.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »
Khaleem Hyland.  He needs the caps.
[/quote]

praise the young and they will blossom!
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
Wit regards to latas being qualified or not to coach we National team...

If men like Jamal Shabazz, Hannibal Najjar, Stuart Charles, Anton Corneal etc could be senior mens national team coaches, why not Latas? 

Dat said, he is inexperienced in coaching a national team at any level.  Ideally, one would want to see how he performs in that environment first before appointing him to such a post.  In fact, it would be good if he got good coaching experience at a top flight level in club football as well.  One might argue that reserve football in the Scottish Football League is at least the equivalent to the PFL.  Maybe, maybe not.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 02:36:23 PM »

If men like Jamal Shabazz, Hannibal Najjar, Stuart Charles, Anton Corneal etc could be senior mens national team coaches, why not Latas? 

Dat said, he is inexperienced in coaching a national team at any level.  Ideally, one would want to see how he performs in that environment first before appointing him to such a post.  In fact, it would be good if he got good coaching experience at a top flight level in club football as well.  One might argue that reserve football in the Scottish Football League is at least the equivalent to the PFL.  Maybe, maybe not.

good response Palos, you might add Gally to that list also

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »

went over this in depth about a month ago...

You guys need to distinguish the difference between 'coach' and 'manager'.

Latas is more than qualified to be the Manager of the team right now with the right coaching staff. Talk done!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »

went over this in depth about a month ago...

You guys need to distinguish the difference between 'coach' and 'manager'.

Latas is more than qualified to be the Manager of the team right now with the right coaching staff. Talk done!

In other words.....U agreein wit me....AGAIN!!!  :devil: :devil: ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
Like I said before, Latas turn to coach TT will come. But letting him coach the Degicel team, while Pacho and Anto coach the WC team will lead to total confusion. Are you saying that Jack should fire Pacho and Anton, then hire Latas. This kinde of "vay-ki-vay" process is killing TT football. Jack needs to come straight. Fire Pacho and hire Latas. Anything else is total nonsense.

I think Latas has the knowledge and experience to coach TT. I thought that he was working on the Scittish FA badge. Plus he is a player coach. He played for Porto in domestic and Champions league and also for Rangers. So he has playing experience. That being said, will he be a successful coach. We don't know until he is given the opportunity. Anything else is wishfull thinking and pure speculation.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
If men like Hannibal Najjar could be senior mens national team coach, why not Latas? .
I used to lime wid Hannibal, so Latas DEFINITELY could Manager the Soca Warriors  :devil:

Hannibal where ya ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:39:19 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »

Arima..slow down. like yuh responding to a different post, cuz kicker never said the man didn't PLAY at the highest level or that his teams didn't have good staffs and infrastructure.

He simply saying because Latas was a boss player, doh mean he would make a boss coach. he would rather Latas get some experience coaching smaller teams, build a lil resume and then get the national team portfolio. That seem pretty reasonable to me.

He then went onto say that..yes..there are examples of players like Dunga and Klinsmann who achieved some success as coaches even though they had no experience and got the job cuz they were boss players. But the difference is that they have better players at their disposal and better coaching staffs and football infrstructure around them to make their job easier...COMPARED to if Latas walked into the Trini situation and the TTFF.

So I doh know how men feeling slight and talking bout what Latas do as a player and what club he play for and infrastrcuture this and that. man talking about what kind of players and infrastructure he would have as T&T coach...not what he had as a player. ya dig. he simply saying Latas would be walking into a more difficult situation than say a Dunga, Klinsman or Rijkaard, cuz TTFF dh have their act together and the talent at his disposal a little more limited.

Kewl
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:01:49 PM by Filho »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 06:44:03 PM »
It have various argments why Lats should or shouldn't be made coach sooner that later.  My take is ..Latapy is we boy.  Who would get more respect from players, Wim, Beenie, Anton, Mat or Latas??

Who we players go play harder for...?

One of the hardest jobs is to manage people, 75% of a coache's job is to communicate with and have players buy into his brand, system , ploy whatever yuh want to call it , who will doubt that Latas can do that.

Being around T&T football for quite sometime now, Latas fits the bill bcause of his humble nature and his ability to impact other players on and off the field. This coupled wit his obvious genius is good enough for me ... men talking bout experience.. Mat resume long like the eastern main road and rel men want to hand him the pink slip.  Yuh think Mat could be more effective than Latas with respect to sitting dong we wing backs and saying ' boy allyuh have to watch how alyuh pelting them blade....go easy nah'

Gally almost did it,  what was his resume? Yes he was a lil naive in the end but Latas is much more travelled as a player, having played 10+ more years than Gally did.  Has there been a clear cut ,better national team since Strike Squad?. Is time we put more stock in we national heros ... we should start using his input from a coaching perspective now! who knows a T&T baller better that a T&T baller.... Latas for coach..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
It have various argments why Lats should or shouldn't be made coach sooner that later.  My take is ..Latapy is we boy.  Who would get more respect from players, Wim, Beenie, Anton, Mat or Latas??

One of the hardest jobs is to manage people, 75% of a coache's job is to communicate with and have players buy into his brand, system , ploy whatever yuh want to call it , who will doubt that Latas can do that.

Being around T&T football for quite sometime now, Latas fits the bill bcause of his humble nature and his ability to impact other players on and off the field. This coupled wit his obvious genius is good enough for me ... men talking bout experience.. Mat resume long like the eastern main road and rel men want to hand him the pink slip.  Yuh think Mat could be more effective than Latas with respect to sitting dong we wing backs and saying ' boy allyuh have to watch how alyuh pelting them blade....go easy nah'

Gally almost did it,  what was his resume? Yes he was a lil naive in the end but Latas is much more travelled as a player, having played 10+ more years than Gally did.  Has there been a clear cut ,better national team since Strike Squad?. Is time we put more stock in we national heros ... we should start using his input from a coaching perspective now! who knows a T&T baller better that a T&T baller.... Latas for coach..

:applause: :applause:

by far the best post in de whole thread...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »

You misunderstood what I said.  I never said that Latas never had good staffs and infrastructure around him as a player.  I said that the difference between Klinsmann (for example) coaching without experience and Latas coaching without experience is that Klinsmann as a coach has/had better players, staff, and infrastructure around him than Latas would have as a coach of T&T.... and this would make Klinsmann's job as a coach easier than Latas' job as a coach....

comprendes?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 06:59:02 PM »
My first pick: Toss up between Dwight Yorke, Carlos Edwards & Chris Birchall- depending on the weather   

My first pick will also be for Yorke for obvious reasons, but on recent performances, J-Cloth is quickly proving his worth ... almost like De Napoli for Italy, for a time period, his name was always the first on the Italian squad and guess who some of his teammates were...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 07:00:04 PM »

You misunderstood what I said.  I never said that Latas never had good staffs and infrastructure around him as a player.  I said that the difference between Klinsmann (for example) coaching without experience and Latas coaching without experience is that Klinsmann as a coach has/had better players, staff, and infrastructure around him than Latas would have as a coach of T&T.... and this would make Klinsmann's job as a coach easier than Latas' job as a coach....

comprendes?

Latas will never have a coaching infrastructure around him like Klinnsmann..

thats why its a good thing we want him to coach in CONCACAF and not Europe..

Must we really wait until he build up these years of coaching experience so we can say well yes, now he have the paperwork? Will the impact he will have then be the same he can have now as a living legend in the flesh who could actually show dem youths a thing or two in practice?

I say the time is now yes.. No time like the present!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »
We have a coachin infrastructure? What Latas will need is a good management team around him. Beenie had Bruce Ananseen dumbtist have d texter. Give d man a good management team 2 deal wit all d off d field stuff. D fella have nuff experience as a player some experience as a coach. What we have 2 loose we done loose 2 Bermuda.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »

Omar just say yuh agree wid de man nuh, because that post eh really that good... ;D

Firstly just because 75% of a coach's job (not sure how yuh come up with that number) is to communicate with players and have them buy into your brand/tactics doesn't mean that being able to do that will make you a good coach- because if yuh brand & yuh tactics are less than adequate, and yuh players are not that good, it doh matter how much yuh players buy into it, yuh will get yuh ass handed to you on the field. So yes, I agree Latapy will get the respect of his dressing room but there is no guarantee that his formula will be the right one.....then what about the other 25%?

Secondly there is no one arguing that experience is all you need to be a successful coach so the Maturana comparison is irrelevant- There are tons of experienced coaches out there who aren't having success- that's obvious.  But if you want to convince me that some experience under your belt doesn't help your cause as a coach then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....

....but even with that said, my opinion is not even necessarily that Latapy needs coaching experience to be ready...heck he might be ready right now....coulda been ready last year.... I'm just saying that for me to put my head on a block that Latas will do well coaching T&T, I'd like to be able to say "look what he did at X FC" or "he did a good job at FC Y"...rather than just saying Latas is we boy, I think he can get the respect of the dressing room and he was a great player....because while that was all Klinsmann needed to coach Philp Lahm, Podolski & co....Latas might need alot more than respect to get the best out of Akeil Edwards, Keyeno Thomas & friends.....

I would love to see Latas coach our team, and do a great job... but without a track record to serve as a basis, until he gets some results I'd be nervous as hell about his chances of success in the position.  

Anyways I know if yuh do anything less than worship Latapy on this msg board ppl will lack the reasoning to hear what yuh saying... Man will read reasonable logic and say it doh make sense lol.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:32:31 PM by kicker »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »

comprendes?

Latas will never have a coaching infrastructure around him like Klinnsmann..

thats why its a good thing we want him to coach in CONCACAF and not Europe..

Must we really wait until he build up these years of coaching experience so we can say well yes, now he have the paperwork? Will the impact he will have then be the same he can have now as a living legend in the flesh who could actually show dem youths a thing or two in practice?

I say the time is now yes.. No time like the present!

Klinsmann was just an example....

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »

Omar just say yuh agree wid de man nuh, because that post eh really that good... ;D

Firstly just because 75% of a coach's job (not sure how yuh come up with that number) is to communicate with players and have them buy into your brand/tactics doesn't mean that being able to do that will make you a good coach- because if yuh brand & yuh tactics are less than adequate, and yuh players are not that good, it doh matter how much yuh players buy into it, yuh will get yuh ass handed to you on the field. So yes, I agree Latapy will get the respect of his dressing room but there is no guarantee that his formula will be the right one.....then what about the other 25%?

Secondly there is no one arguing that experience is all you need to be a successful coach so the Maturana comparison is irrelevant- There are tons of experienced coaches out there who aren't having success- that's obvious.  But if you want to convince me that some experience under your belt doesn't help your cause as a coach then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....

....but even with that said, my opinion is not even necessarily that Latapy needs coaching experience to be ready...heck he might be ready right now....coulda been ready last year.... I'm just saying that for me to put my head on a block that Latas will do well coaching T&T, I'd like to be able to say "look what he did at X FC" or "he did a good job at FC Y"...rather than just saying Latas is we boy, I think he can get the respect of the dressing room and he was a great player....because while that was all Klinsmann needed to coach Philp Lahm, Podolski & co....Latas might need alot more than respect to get the best out of Akeil Edwards, Keyeno Thomas & friends.....

I would love to see Latas coach our team, and do a great job... but without a track record to serve as a basis, until he gets some results I'd be nervous as hell about his chances of success in the position.  

Anyways I know if yuh do anything less than worship Latapy on this msg board ppl will lack the reasoning to hear what yuh saying... Man will read reasonable logic and say it doh make sense lol.

I hear yuh and  and agree with most of what was said.  The point I would like to bring across is that there are reasons for and against appointing him as coach and too often we are more welcoming to the negative aspects. I was merely trying to highlight the benefits to hiring Latas as coach and I tried to draw a parralel with Gally and all the success he had and the good he did for T&T. 

No one is asking or suggesting that anyone pur their head on a block... or that Latas is guaranteed to bring success.. I was suggesting that there are enough examples to suggest he can do it. His old coach almost did it and had similar doubts before he was appointed..

With respect to the 75% thing.. not scientific, and not to be taken so literally..just the type of language you pick up from those in the profession..... like "there's no magic in coaching" etc etc..  small ting

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 08:35:11 PM »
John Barnes is JA coach. How many coaching job has he had before that. One, I think. That was Celtic and Park Head was not satisfied and he got fired. Now after all that time he got the JA wuk. Look, Latas has to start somewhere with some team. Honestly I will not have him coach this WC team. Jack has to clarify what  the hell he wants Latas to do coach or play. Everything still up in the air as far as I concern. Bringing back Latas to be player/coach was pure "mamaguism". Jack just playing on both Latas and the fans emotion as the qualification reached frantic heights.

After the WC, Latas should get an offer.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »

I hear yuh and  and agree with most of what was said.  The point I would like to bring across is that there are reasons for and against appointing him as coach and too often we are more welcoming to the negative aspects. I was merely trying to highlight the benefits to hiring Latas as coach and I tried to draw a parralel with Gally and all the success he had and the good he did for T&T. 

No one is asking or suggesting that anyone pur their head on a block... or that Latas is guaranteed to bring success.. I was suggesting that there are enough examples to suggest he can do it. His old coach almost did it and had similar doubts before he was appointed..

With respect to the 75% thing.. not scientific, and not to be taken so literally..just the type of language you pick up from those in the profession..... like "there's no magic in coaching" etc etc..  small ting

Yeah I was just jonesin' on the 75% thing...

End of day, none of us in control of whether or not Latas gets the nod....and you're right, until it happens we can only speculate.....and if the day comes when he's in charge, we will bless him up and support him to the end...succeed or not. 

1]; } ?>