April 29, 2024, 06:10:03 PM

Author Topic: For the love of Football  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
For the love of Football
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »
Saturday afternoon i went to officiate in a east league cup semi final game,between Malta carib alcons and Maloney fc @ the riversdale park in st joesph. I reached d ground late ( u noe referee's always late) only to realize that some over 35 men book d field for the period september to november  for every weekend ,even if dey use it or not it's up to them.

From my knowledge national league football takes precendence over every other football,and has first preference ,so  even though dey make a setta talk ,we the officials started the game.Fifteen mins into the game a police jeep pull up and cause a hault to the game .The man who appeared to be in charge of the group had a letter from the CEO of the t'puna piarco regional corp, she gave the over 35 men permission to use the ground and nobody else cyar use it on the days she gave them.

D manager of ALcons and d man start to exchange words,some polite some other wise,d long and short this man for the love of football stop a league cup game jus so he and his boys could sweat and had no remorse.

Another sad day for football in this country
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 02:56:34 PM by Gladman »
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: For the love of Football
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:59:54 PM »
Saturday afternoon i went to officiate in a east league cup semi final game,between Malta carib alcons and Maloney fc @ the riversdale park in st joesph. I reached d ground late ( u noe referee's always late) only to realize that some over 35 men book d field for the period september to november  for every weekend ,even if dey use it or not it's up to them.

From my knowledge national league football takes precendence over every other football,and has first preference ,so  even though dey make a setta talk ,we the official started the game.Fifteen mins into the game a police jeep pull up and cause a hault to the game .The man who appeared to be in charge of the group had a letter from the CEO of the t'puna piarco regional corp, she gave the over 35 men permission to use the ground and nobody else cyar use it on the days she gave them.

D manager of ALcons and d man start to exchange words,some polite some other wise,d long and short this man for the love of football stop a league cup game jus so he and his boys could sweat and had no remorse.

Another sad day for football in this country

Only in T&T.

an' we wonder why we have to rely on Yorke and Latapy to take us to de Hex.

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
Unbelievable!
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
Tha is d kinda society we live in ,d man say he ent care bout d football he have permission to use d ground. Wah u go say ???

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »
Tha is d kinda society we live in ,d man say he ent care bout d football he have permission to use d ground. Wah u go say ???

Ah hear yuh fella...

it's just a sad state of affairs....

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 02:26:45 PM »
speachless
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:36:30 PM »
It is sad that the incident turned out that way.
BUT it is the responsibility of the League management (TTFF,EFA or whomever) to ensure that the administrative details such liaising with the Regional Corporations in relation to the booking and availability of grounds be done so that clashes such as this do not occur.
Administration is more that just drawing up fixtures and collecting registration fees, and hoping that when a conflict happens people will apply an unwritten rule.
This is symptomatic of the problem of football in this country. The over35 fetematch men  were more organized than the jokers who administer the league.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 02:58:25 PM »
It is sad that the incident turned out that way.
BUT it is the responsibility of the League management (TTFF,EFA or whomever) to ensure that the administrative details such liaising with the Regional Corporations in relation to the booking and availability of grounds be done so that clashes such as this do not occur.
Administration is more that just drawing up fixtures and collecting registration fees, and hoping that when a conflict happens people will apply an unwritten rule.
This is symptomatic of the problem of football in this country. The over35 fetematch men  were more organized than the jokers who administer the league.

Same thing I thinking
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »
Believable/Unbelievable!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
I reached d ground late ( u noe referee's always late)

No disrespeck to Gladman, but dat by itself is a big problem dey.

If we tolerate dat, and we most definitely do, no wonder de administration in a mess.

De tings we allow to fly, especially de so called "small tings", accumulate, become sympotmatic of a bigger problem, and before yuh know it yuh out of control. 

And we wonder why the TTFF is how it is.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
League fault.

Fete match in the right. Men pay their money and organized.

In any case, the league game can always be rescheduled, or moved to another field, as it should be to teach the league a lesson, or dey would do the same shite again. They should know they can't bully people off their field. Now do your job. And you self gladman...doh come here and complain bout the love of football..you are the ref and you late. steeups

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »

If we tolerate dat, and we most definitely do, no wonder de administration in a mess.

De tings we allow to fly, especially de so called "small tings", accumulate, become sympotmatic of a bigger problem, and before yuh know it yuh out of control. 

Now as a ref i try to meet games at least 45 mins b4 d game ,jus that day i was late becuz of other circumstances. However it is a problem d referee's association has faced and is still facing with ref's not been untime for games and somtimes even absent. It all due to the culture  as u say of "small ting", nobody will make a fuss.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
and you self gladman...doh come here and complain bout the love of football..you are the ref and you late. steeups
is this ALSO part of OUR football "Culture" as per this discussion
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=39472.msg487547#msg487547

edit: I see where you say that this is a one time lateness.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:31:50 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
League fault.

In any case, the league game can always be rescheduled, or moved to another field, as it should be to teach the league a lesson, or dey would do the same shite again. They should know they can't bully people off their field. Now do your job. And you self gladman...doh come here and complain bout the love of football..you are the ref and you late. steeups

Boss im not complaining,and is nothin bout bullyin anybody ,d league hav preference anywhere in front of a fete match anytime anyday. And i can proudly say tht im one of over 200 + ref's in d country tht do go to games selected for and on time.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:44:59 PM by Gladman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »

Now as a ref i try to meet games at least 45 mins b4 d game ,jus that day i was late becuz of other circumstances. However it is a problem d referee's association has faced and is still facing with ref's not been untime for games and somtimes even absent. It all due to the culture  as u say of "small ting", nobody will make a fuss.

Exactly.  Ah mean...ah know de horrific traffic conditions in T&T eh...especially if yuh comin from town goin east.  Is PRESSHA!!  It coulda be any number of things.  But u right....is a culture.  And a culture real hard to reverse if not near impossible.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 04:09:51 PM »

d league hav preference anywhere in front of a fete match anytime anyday.
[/quote]

Gladman
Is that a FIFA , TTFF, EFA rule or just a too blasted lazy to organize properly so if anything happen I go try this s**t rule?
When the league own the fields that the matches are playing on they can say that, but since they are taking a borrow they have to organize properly.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:13:29 PM by dombasil »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 04:11:51 PM »
League fault.

Boss im not complaining,and is nothin bout bullyin anybody ,d league hav preference anywhere in front of a fete match anytime anyday. And i can proudly say tht im one of over 200 + ref's in d country tht do go to games selected for and on time.

In principal..league should come before a fete match. But not if the ground for rent and it booked. Men pay good money and they not their to subsidize your game.  Like yuh say....it is a culture/mentality thing. And that not changing just so. So you need incidents like this to force the league, and probably grounds management to get their house in order. So I stand by the over 35 men in this instance. This one little thing could lead to better organization..but if them men had jess let the league continue, it more likely that mixups like this happen again.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 04:15:45 PM »
Guys the league have to shoulder most of the blame when stuff like this happens...The league has to behave in a professional manner by being organised and responsible...we can blast dem fellas who gladman met on the field for being arrogant by only thinkin bout their sweat but thats not what is important...what's important is the unprofessionalism of the football authorities that is still apparent today

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »
yeah, but the situation actually come to words and police...

not nice in any case...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »
yeah but police doh respond to murder, rape and thief, they responding to football field mixup?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »
yeah but police doh respond to murder, rape and thief, they responding to football field mixup?
the chance of someone bussin ah cyap in de police arse is very low at calls like this though :devil:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:43:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 06:58:41 PM »
the chance of someone bussin ah cyap in de police arse is very low at calls like this though :devil:

No that is not my point...

is not about the violence...

but about the civility... obviously the ref was late ;D the scene get all mix up and all dat, but as big men... we cudden sort dat out without de neeeeeed fuh de babylon?...

fair or foul?... all ah sayin is dat for it to reach to police, den to me it seems that we losin' even the most basic fundamentals of we society (one which I pride myself on), understanding and reasoning...

we need to calmly approach situations without always "havin tuh call de police"...

dah's all
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:42:27 PM by kaisocagoals »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
they lucky is not in aranguez savannah . Daiz where the fella get killed watching cricket a few sundays ago  :-\
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »
but about the civility... obviously the ref was late ;D the scene get all mix up and all dat, but as big men... we cudden sort dat out without de neeeeeed fuh de babylon?...
fair or foul?... all ah sayin is dat for it to reach to police, den to me it seems that we losin' even the most basic fundamentals of we society (one which I pride myself on), understanding and reasoning...
we need to calmly approach situations without always "havin tuh call de police"...
dah's all
well it seeems that it was the best move callin in the police considering the prevalent opinion of the Officials that their Game takes preference over ALL others.
"From my knowledge national league football takes precedence over every other football,and has first preference ,so  even though dey make a setta talk ,we the officials started the game."
One set ah serious arm twisting went on...and even though the police were there this happened
"D manager of ALcons and d man start to exchange words, some polite some other wise"
I think it is as a result of the........hold on........Alcons? Alcons? why does that ring a bell :devil:.........................wait who in TTFF was involved with them and like to push people around :devil:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:21:07 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »
League fault.

Gladman, there is no dispute that "d league hav preference anywhere in front of a fete match", but I seem to hear you saying that even though the fete match team had full rights to use of the ground through a booking, the league game shud have been given preference even without a booking. If dat is your thinking, it needs to be revised!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:21:55 PM by anbrat »

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
Wah i didn't understand is how dem over 35 fellahs could book a football ground from sept to nov for every weekend for non competitive football, jus to lime,play or not is there's. ???

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 08:42:40 PM »
dah's all
well it seeems that it was the best move callin in the police considering the prevalent opinion of the Officials that their Game takes preference over ALL others.
"From my knowledge national league football takes precedence over every other football,and has first preference ,so  even though dey make a setta talk ,we the officials started the game."
One set ah serious arm twisting went on...and even though the police were there this happened
"D manager of ALcons and d man start to exchange words, some polite some other wise"
I think it is as a result of the........hold on........Alcons? Alcons? why does that ring a bell :devil:.........................wait who in TTFF was involved with them and like to push people around :devil:

:rotfl: you like ting eh...  :rotfl:

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 05:52:18 AM »
Wah i didn't understand is how dem over 35 fellahs could book a football ground from sept to nov for every weekend for non competitive football, jus to lime,play or not is there's. ???

What is it dat yuh doh understand in dat?? Connections, boy! Surely you are aware dat such is a way of life in T&T and it does not apply only to football. We complain only when we are not on the receiving end of preferential treatment and it affects us, but silent and quite happy to be the recipient without regard for others. Like it or not, dat is the society to which we sadly belong.   

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 06:26:16 AM »

they probably organize and pay for the use of the ground from earlies. So the league officials couldna do the same thing before them fellas?
(Muslim)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 06:56:49 AM »

What is it dat yuh doh understand in dat?? Connections, boy! Surely you are aware dat such is a way of life in T&T and it does not apply only to football. We complain only when we are not on the receiving end of preferential treatment and it affects us, but silent and quite happy to be the recipient without regard for others. Like it or not, dat is the society to which we sadly belong.   

actually, the ability of a group to come together and book the grounds in advance is a welcome sign of organization. The league should have looked into booking the grounds they needed in conjunction with creating the league schedule. Doesn't sound like a case of the privileged using connections...just the smart looking into whether the grounds are bookable and setting up their own schedule...Something you think an organized league would have been doing since its inception. So doh be so cynical. you actually seeing some organized over 35 fete match players show the league how to move into the 21st century
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:18:35 AM by Filho »

1]; } ?>