April 25, 2024, 12:51:53 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne back in time for Newcastle clash  (Read 7478 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne back in time for Newcastle clash
« on: October 22, 2008, 05:28:45 AM »
Kenwyne back in time for Newcastle clash
By Ian Laws (Sunderland Echo)

Born-again Kenwyne Jones takes his first steps back into action tonight – FIVE MONTHS early.

The Black Cats initially refused to confirm the extent of the damage to Jones's knee after a collision with England's David James during an international friendly on June 1.

With the club working on new signings, it could have harmed their bargaining position in the transfer market to admit their star striker would be out until the closing few weeks of the campaign.

But Jones – expected to feature in Sunderland Reserves' game with Wigan at Eppleton CW tonight (7pm kick-off) – confessed today that the initial predictions were gloomy and he feared he would be out for ten months.

He said: "I'm excited to be playing a game again. I've been training for the last two-and-a-half to three weeks, so it will be nice to get back to kicking footballs again.

"The worst part after I had got the injury was the first six weeks. I couldn't really do any rehab and it was just a case of waiting around for something to happen.

"Originally, there was a possibility that I would be out until March and I had already mentally prepared myself for that. But, thank God, some good news came along and I am here now."

There will be fans hoping Jones might be considered for a cameo role in Saturday's Wear-Tyne derby at the Stadium of Light. But the 24-year-old will be taking it one step at a time after getting himself back in contention.

"It's hard work after an injury like this," said the Trinidad & Tobago international. "You have to learn to walk properly again and then to run properly.

"It's almost like being born again!

"When you're out for so long, your muscles almost forget how to do those things.

"It's been a long road."

Jones has been frustrated about waiting on the sidelines as boss Roy Keane's new signings started to bed in.

The ex-Southampton man added: "I'm looking forward to being involved in the first team again.

"Over the summer I was excited by the players who came in during the transfer window – they have made the team stronger and the club stronger.

"It will be great to play in the first team whenever that happens, but for now I am just taking it one day at a time.

"I can't say what's going to happen.

"I have the game tonight and after that we'll see what the next day brings and then the next day.

"If I'm in the squad on Saturday then so be it, but – if not, I can't worry about it because I am still in the rehabilitation process. I'm not even going to keep my fingers crossed because that messes you up – I'll just wait and see."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne back in time for Newcastle clash
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:01:38 AM »
we'll still give him some time for TT,, expect to see ready and set to go come Feb 11th... :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:14:18 AM »
The TTFF aint going and stick, they going and call de man for de game on the 19th, until Dwight have someting to do with it!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:19:57 AM »
The TTFF aint going and stick, they going and call de man for de game on the 19th, until Dwight have someting to do with it!!

ah love it!!

well for sure we go see keane flip. But i think we should give him some time to regain full fitness.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 06:44:47 AM »
"Originally, there was a possibility that I would be out until March and I had already mentally prepared myself for that. But, thank God, some good news came along and I am here now."

Glory.  :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 06:54:53 AM »

22/10/2008 13:11
Roy Ponders Kenwyne DecisionSunderland manager Roy Keane will not make a decison to include Kenwyne Jones for the weekend's Wear-Tyne derby against Newcastle United until after tonight's reserve team encounter...
The Trinidad and Tobago international has yet to feature for the Black Cats this season as a result of the knee injury he suffered against England in June.

The 24 year-old is scheduled to make his return in a red and white shirt tonight as he is expected to feature for the Black Cats reserve side.

Should the ex-Southampton man come through unscathed, then Keane may offer him a place in the team for Saturday's lunchtime clash.

However, his manager insisted that the focus for Jones was on match sharpness and not preparation for derby involvement.

He told Sky Sports: "He's due a reserve game tonight and the plan is to probably give him an hour.

"He's been out for a long time and we'll see how he goes. Hopefully he'll get through the game and we'll probably have a better idea tomorrow or Friday if there's any sort of reaction.

"I'm sure people are putting one and one together and coming up with five, but we're not concerned about Kenwyne for Saturday.

"The priority is to come through the reserve game and try and get back in the first-team squad."

Keane refused to be drawn on press speculation that he was ruling the forward out of the weekend derby, when he replied: "I didn't say that."

The Cork native is wary of the threat posed by Joe Kinnear's resurgent outfit; Keane's compatriot has overseen two successive 2-2 draws in which the Magpies have recovered from losing positions to gain rewards.

He continued: "I saw them against Everton a few weeks ago and they looked dead and buried, but they came back and probably should have won the game.

"I saw another good, battling performance against Man City the other night, so their league form suggests they're in decent shape.

"Having said that, I think that form really goes out of the window in a derby match. We're ready and really looking forward to the game."

Peter Staunton

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 07:57:17 AM »
I expect him to be a different type of player, not possible to be the same, neither physically or mentally, similar to Stern.
My guess, barring any further damage(please God). More improvements in ball control, vision and passing. Reduction in spontaniety, increase in recovery time, reduced explosiveness and ability to chase every ball.
Overall a better player, with reduced agressiveness.
The raw talent that every coach previously observed, would be improved, but note it's that raw talent that made him as dangerous as he was. Let's see what the new KJ brings. Good Luck KJ. Learn this new you, dont be frustrated by this new you, master it and yuhself. Dwight and Stern did, talk to them.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 08:05:52 AM »
The TTFF should not call him back until next year.  Let him regain his fitness and form and re-establish himself in Sunderland's starting lineup.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »
The TTFF should not call him back until next year.  Let him regain his fitness and form and re-establish himself in Sunderland's starting lineup.
Agree, only if he is surplus to requirements...but if certain men pull-up, we may not have a choice

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 08:14:22 AM »
I expect him to be a different type of player, not possible to be the same, neither physically or mentally, similar to Stern.
My guess, barring any further damage(please God). More improvements in ball control, vision and passing. Reduction in spontaniety, increase in recovery time, reduced explosiveness and ability to chase every ball.
The raw talent that every coach previously observed, would be improved, but note it's that raw talent that made him as dangerous as he was. Let's see what the new KJ brings. Good Luck KJ. Learn this new you, dont be frustrated by this new you, master it and yuhself. Dwight and Stern did, talk to them.

In the intermediate, I expect Kenwyne to fully recover to his old self.  I think he is at the age where he can heal quickly and well.  I don't foresee any permanant effects of this injury, but only time will tell.  There's no one that knows Kenwyne's body bette than he.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:40:14 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 09:08:44 AM »
The thinking within the TTFF is that if he is fit enough to play in the premierleague with Sunderland, then he is fit enough to play for us in a "crucial" world cup qualifier.

Remember when they called Carlos after his lengthy injury?  I was talking to a pardner of mine within the TTFF and he said to me then that the criteria is "he playing for dem? then he could play for we!" talk done!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:16 AM »
I hope he ent start playing scared like Carlos before thee US game or soft like Pillsbury Dough Boy. So like alyuh saying, Trini should not call him back until next year.  

KJ should be better now that Sunderland have some men to really help him. Last year it was like ah man on ah island, all alone as a striker fuh he wit tha team.  I think he’ll be dangerous for Sunderland and also for our national team. Ah calling it now. Remember you heard it here first.  ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »

In the intermediate, I expect Kenwyne to fully recover to his old self.  I think he is at the age where he can heal quickly and well.  I don't foresee any permanant effects of this injury, but only time will tell.  There's no one that know's Kenwyne's body bette than he.

i think he's gonna come back stronger than ever. these first few games he'll be a bit shaky. but after he finds his groove, the sky is the limit.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 09:12:22 AM »
KJ C U in Feb
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:33 AM »

In the intermediate, I expect Kenwyne to fully recover to his old self.  I think he is at the age where he can heal quickly and well.  I don't foresee any permanant effects of this injury, but only time will tell.  There's no one that know's Kenwyne's body bette than he.

i think he's gonna come back stronger than ever. these first few games he'll be a bit shaky. but after he finds his groove, the sky is the limit.

I agree that he's going to come back stronger than ever. He has the frame to support the bulked up muscle that he's put on during rehab. He will be a beast once he gets back to match fitness.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »
doh let it hold yuh dong!

doh let it bounce yuh dong!

doh let it mash yuh up!

doh let it break yuh back!

DE BIG TRUCK COMIN!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 12:56:02 PM »
KJ C U in Feb

nah we need to play him Nov 19th and I would call him back for all the Digicel matches too

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »

Agreeed...let the man get back in the swing of things...

To call him in the Cuba clash wld be really dangerous for him cuz, them cubans coming with blood in dey eye to mash we up...and he is too much to risk when we reach in de hex!

snaka snawh
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »
Agreeed...let the man get back in the swing of things...

To call him in the Cuba clash wld be really dangerous for him cuz, them cubans coming with blood in dey eye to mash we up...and he is too much to risk when we reach in de hex!

snaka snawh

I agree dat Kenwyne shouldn't be picked for the Cuba game but not for the reason you stated.

If yuh think Cubans comin wit blood in dey eye to mash we up, yuh feel de teams in de Hex (*should we get past Cuba) go be any different?  Kenwyne more in danger of gettin mash up in de EPL dan he is with T&T.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 01:24:52 PM »
KJ C U in Feb

nah we need to play him Nov 19th and I would call him back for all the Digicel matches too

Arrow like you is thee man wuking fuh TTFF who say "he playing for dem? then he could play for we!" talk done!"

We doh need thee man fuh them game in Digicel, let some other man geh ah bligh nah. If he could play ah might let him come back fuh thee game on thee 11th so he could geh ah taste ah thee fresh meat right.  ;D Let that be a dream fuh now.  But we need him fuh all them other big games coming up healthy.   

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
Arrow like you is thee man wuking fuh TTFF who say "he playing for dem? then he could play for we!" talk done!"

We doh need thee man fuh them game in Digicel, let some other man geh ah bligh nah. If he could play ah might let him come back fuh thee game on thee 11th so he could geh ah taste ah thee fresh meat right.  ;D Let that be a dream fuh now.  But we need him fuh all them other big games coming up healthy.   

And another one... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »
Just now arrow go have to buy a bigger aquarium.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 02:02:53 PM »
Match report here. Seem he played 60 mins

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=15967

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
Ah tell alyuh he go be like ah man on fire now that he have some help. Welcome back KJ. :applause: Can't wait to see back on the "BLACK BEAST". 

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
D man real big boi, d black beast 4 real.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »
Me eh care what all yuh say left he in d Mother Country. If we cyah beat Cuba witout he post defections it go b 1 longggggggggggggggg hexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »
Just now arrow go have to buy a bigger aquarium.

for some unknown reason, i always eatin arrow chain up. every single time. steups. ;D
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »
What do you base this on? ???

I guess you must have inside knowledge of his injury and rehab!!! :rotfl:
TnT Patriot

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 08:50:55 PM »

He looking real built fuh real. Omar was spot on.....Run when yuh see de big truck coming  :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

He looking real built fuh real. Omar was spot on.....Run when yuh see de big truck coming  :devil:

fuh real, like he lift some extra weights or wah..... cause some ah we players need to do that too

1]; } ?>