April 19, 2024, 12:16:30 PM

Author Topic: FIFA Mafia....Chile could face World Cup Expulsion  (Read 3803 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
FIFA Mafia....Chile could face World Cup Expulsion
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
Chile faces possible World Cup expulsion

ASSOCIATED PRESS

SOURCE

ASUNCION, Paraguay–Chile could be kicked out of the World Cup unless the Chilean club Rangers drops a court case by Dec. 3 contesting its disputed demotion to the second division of the national soccer league.

CONMEBOL, the governing body of South American soccer, said Thursday it was notified by FIFA about the possible sanction.

Rangers were deducted three points for using six foreign players – the limit is five – in a league match on Nov. 8. The three points cost them relegation to the second division, and last week they appealed the case to a Chilean court.

Chile, which has not played in the World Cup since 1998, is one of five South American nations that have qualified for next year's tournament in South Africa.

Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina and Uruguay have also qualified.

The appeal by Rangers has forced the Chilean league to suspend play in its postseason playoffs.

"If Rangers don't drop the case, then FIFA could expel (the national federation) because they can't expel a club," Harold Mayne-Nicholls, president of the Chilean federation, said on radio Agricultura. "This could bring consequences that would be deadly for Chilean football.''

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Online Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA Mafia....Chile could face World Cup Expulsion
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 05:09:53 PM »
If the Rangers team break the rules, they should abide by it. It is like if your youth team use overage players you get suspended.

But now, it is real f---kery for the Chile football president to say if they don't drop the case that Fifa go throw them out of the WC. What the demotion and the court case has to do with the WC. I dare Fifa to throw them out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:17:59 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
If the Rangers team break the rules, they should abide by it. It is like if your youth team use overage players you get suspended.

But now, it is real f---kery for the Chile football president to say if they don't drop the case that Fifa go throw them out of the WC. What the demotion/courst has to do with the WC. I dare Fifa to throw them out.

Rangers may appear to have broken the rules but they should have a right to appeal none the less.

By saying Chile will be expelled from the WC if Rangers doh drop dey case, I feel de Chilean Federation President tryin a ting.  Rangers may very well have a case and he tryin to use scare tactics to dissuade dem from takin dey case to court.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »

But now, it is real f---kery for the Chile football president to say if they don't drop the case that Fifa go throw them out of the WC. What the demotion/courst has to do with the WC. I dare Fifa to throw them out.

Rangers may appear to have broken the rules but they should have a right to appeal none the less.

By saying Chile will be expelled from the WC if Rangers doh drop dey case, I feel de Chilean Federation President tryin a ting.  Rangers may very well have a case and he tryin to use scare tactics to dissuade dem from takin dey case to court.

COSIGNNNNNNNNNNNNN U on pt dey los
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 06:31:19 PM »
cutting through all de ole talk, what are de chances of ah country dat already qualified for de WC not getting to play at said WC?
ah mean, come to f*&k on man should we even be talking bout dis?!?!?!

steups!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 02:39:44 AM »
you mean like India in 1950 ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 09:11:23 AM »
you mean like India in 1950 ?

Maybe

India withdrew themselves (if I have my facts right)! I think the  Federation pulling a fast one and if I was Rangers I would call their bluff. Why! Because the Federation would rather cut a deal with Rangers than risk  FIFA  getting involved. After 10 mil + at stake.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »
India asked to play barefoot and were told no.

Chile OK for World Cup after club backs down
By Soccernet staff

Chile's spot at the 2010 World Cup is safe after a local club withdrew legal action that had drawn the ire of FIFA and put the nation's status in international football at risk.

GettyImages

Chile's World Cup dream is intact.

FIFA had given Chile's football association (ANFP) 72 hours to make Rangers drop a court case that disputed their relegation from the Clausura championship, or else risk a FIFA suspension and the prospect of forfeiting their World Cup berth.

Rangers took action after they were docked three points for fielding one too many foreign players under the Clausura's 6+5 rule. This consigned them to automatic relegation, but their dispute caused the play-offs for relegation and promotion, plus the championship's semi-finals, to be put on hold.

FIFA strictly forbids any government or civil interference in football matters, and wrote to ANFP demanding the situation be resolved. This ultimatum has proved enough for administration-struck Rangers to back down.

"Following the arrival of the FIFA communique, the creditors ... called on me to withdraw the case filed in the courts of justice in order not to prejudice the club," the club's administrator Cristian Herrera told the Chilean CDF channel.

Fans of Chile, who qualifiied for South Africa 2010 after finishing second behind Brazil in the CONMEBOL zone, will be relieved that what appeared to be a long-shot bid by Rangers to stay in the top division won't jeopardise their first World Cup finals campaign in 12 years.

FIFA's letter to ANFP president Harold Mayne-Nicholls had warned of the possible consequences if the action was not withdrawn.

"We beseech your association to call on your affiliated club ... to withdraw the case it took to the Chilean courts of justice within the next 72 hours or ... announce the pertinent sanctions against your affiliated club," a FIFA letter sent to Chile's Football Association (ANFP) said.

"If your association does not adopt the necessary measures as we have indicated, the case will be put to FIFA's executive committee in its session of Dec. 3, 2009 in Cape Town... so it considers imposing a suspension against (the ANFP)," the letter said.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=704466&sec=worldcup2010&cc=5739
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »

But now, it is real f---kery for the Chile football president to say if they don't drop the case that Fifa go throw them out of the WC. What the demotion and the court case has to do with the WC. I dare Fifa to throw them out.

He talking shit... he just trying to pressure Rangers to drop the appeal so that they could get on with post-season play.  As long as there is a clear protocol stating the penalty for utilizing more than the allotted number of foreign players... I also doh see what Rangers trying by taking this thing to court.

1]; } ?>