May 01, 2024, 04:41:08 PM

Author Topic: I guess BSC is not the only man???  (Read 1508 times)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I guess BSC is not the only man???
« on: September 12, 2005, 06:58:24 AM »
bbc.co.uk

Rangers v Porto 
 RANGERS v PORTO

McLeish call for return to form 
Rangers have no selection problems for their Champions League opener against Porto on Tuesday.
And manager Alex McLeish is unlikely to ring too many changes, despite a recent run of poor form in the SPL.

Porto are without star striker Benni McCarthy, who has been left behind by coach Co Adriaanse due to a breach of discipline at the club.

Former Tottenham striker Helder Postiga is injured and also misses out for the 2004 Champions League winners.

"Leaving McCarthy was a disciplinary measure," said Adriaanse. "Whoever does not obey leaves. Be it the best player or the best paid player."

"The team has to be more important than any player."

Adriaanse ordered McCarthy to sit out of Saturday's match against Rio Ave reportedly because the 27-year-old appeared at a training session wearing new hair extensions.

The Dutch coach barred players from wearing earrings or "unusual" hairstyles shortly after he took charge of the club in May.

Peter Lovenkrands and Francis Jeffers may be pushing for a place in the Rangers starting line-up after featuring as subs in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Falkirk.

However, the game probably comes to soon for recent signings Olivier Bernard and Filippo Maniero.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I guess BSC is not the only man???
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 08:22:43 AM »
BSC is definitely not the only one........ex Argentine coach Daniel Passarella, had issues with long hair as well.................
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 08:30:45 AM »
BSC is definitely not the only one........ex Argentine coach Daniel Passarella, had issues with long hair as well.................

Buh he (Passarella) hair was long for he time, no?...and Diego...and Batigol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 09:26:09 AM »

Buh he (Passarella) hair was long for he time, no?...and Diego...and Batigol

I only remember Passarella in '78, and his hair wasn't long........not sure about before and after that. Diego  had a curly shag in the earlies, but I'm doubting that he played under Passarella and I think Batigol trimmed his mop (a little) under Passarella.....it was still a horrible looking mop, but from what I remember it was a slight improvement.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 09:31:11 AM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 09:26:31 AM »
Passarella jus didn't like Redondo cuz he was gay
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:42:24 AM »
Passarella jus didn't like Redondo cuz he was gay

That was an unconfirmed rumor that I prefer to call GARBAGE...Redondo was not the only one who had hair issues with Passarella.....

Fernando Redondo is married to Santiago Solari's sister........He also has two kids.....

http://www.fortunecity.com/wembley/trafford/555/redondo.html

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 09:46:40 AM by kicker »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 09:57:02 AM »
let de fellas play ball.  Ah couls understand if it were interfering with the team's performance or upsettign tem chemistry, but men have perogative.  So what if ah man want to wear extensions, and what if ah man want to keep he hairstyle in a dreadlocks?  That ain't stop man like Brian Willliams from being standouts.  These fellas need to focus on the technical aspects of their coaching style, and let the players play.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 10:51:45 AM »
These stupid old men dred, they doh get it up to now?  Hairstyle is just not important.  So if he inherited a squad with Gullit, Davids and the old Henrik Larsson, wha he woulda do?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 12:21:53 PM »
This hair thing going on for de longest while and it is really foolish.

Outside of football, in baseball the so-called World Famous Yankees owner has a rule prohibiting players from sporting facial hair.  Yuh better believe none of them multi millionaires on de man team sporting facial hair.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>