April 28, 2024, 05:25:14 PM

Author Topic: Udinese 2- Tottenham 0  (Read 2576 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Udinese 2- Tottenham 0
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:54:25 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7672235.stm

Ah tink Ramos will turn into Vamos very soon....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Udinese 2- Tottenham 0
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:15:32 PM »
what should Tottenham do to solve the immediate problems facing their organisation?

They have a good coach, they have a supportive front office, they have decent players and they have a solid and loyal fanbase.

I think it's interesting if you compare the TT team to Tottenham based on the resources. Yes, they're a professional outfit playing in a league, which is different to the NTs position, but in the end it's the same results we're looking for - wins!!
Given that many of our players ply their trade in the various UK leagues - there has to be some basis that we can compare both teams.

So, on the surface:
Ramos is a better coach than Maturana (if we look at resume).
The front office of Tottenham is better than the TTFF.
They have some decent players and some very good ones ... TT has a few.
We have loyal supporters and some "waggonists" ... Im sure they have the same.

What are they doing that we can learn from them .... and what are they doing that we should steer clear of?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
Q: What's the difference between a Triangle and Tottenham Hotspurs?
A: A Triangle has 3 points

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:48:05 PM »
Ah been a Spurs fan for almost 30 years now, but this season hurting.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »
Tottenham situation is all tottenham fault..

They had a nice side running with a nice formula for grooming and developing English players.. The side was growing and had real potential, some strong up and coming youths and the best strike quartet in the league..

The only problem was their defense was in a mess. Even after they fire Jol and hire Ramos, they shoulda just invest all their money on sorting out the defense.

Instead they ditch their formula and try to buy namebrand foreign based players, but look who dey gone and buy. Granted that Berbatov and keane buss it, still yuh dont gamble on a setta men who not sure to cut it in the rough and tumble prem:

Dos Santos - Whoever advising this youth is ah real heartless fellah.. No way no how i coulda see he cutting it in the prem just yet. He eh even make he name in spain. Imagine this youth was screwing for ah sweat in a Barcelona team where even Henry was getting bench. He needed to stay and develop he game there for another 3-4 years or if he wanted to sweat so bad, go to another smaller spanish team and learn yuh trade. Yuh good, but yuh eh dat good yet. I frighten for this youth.

Modric - He good, but he weak too. Always a challenge to adapt to the premiership for foreign players, but you build your whole team around him? Nah.. Too much responsibility.

Pavluychenko - I talk bout he already.. I feel de Euro was a flash in de pan. If yuh really watch de man brand, he does real throw way with all that space he had in the international game and with Arshavin feeding him.. He eh scoring no setta goals against EPL defences.. They fall for the hype of the 'russian stern john'.

They need to fire that fellah who overseeing transfers (Comolli). Is like he buy players using fantasy league stats or something. No kinda cohesion or thought into what would make a good forward partnership for them. Bent - Dos Santos? Bent - Pavluychenko? Pavluychenko - Dos Santos? None of them combos hurting anybody.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 05:14:10 PM »
Plus Ramos drop one a de brightest young talents in de game from de first team.  Adel Taarabt.  Modric and dem cyah hol a cyandle to dis guy.

Spurs deserve what dey get.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
I believe that of the squad of sixteen who won Spurs the League Cup, there are a mere eight of them left now, seven months on. There is a lack of continuity which has made that victory and the successive fifth places look like flukes when they should have given Spurs a platform to build on. Every successful club goes through some disruption and change every now and again, but not on the scale and frequency of Spurs, and they're probably on the brink of another upheaval barely a year after the last one.

Plus, can anyone see Ferguson, Wenger and Scolari/Mourinho putting up with a Damien Comolli figure? No chance.

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 06:36:15 PM »
too many players left...

too many strangers to gel properly...

yeah...

I have to agree ah 'fraid for Dos Santos future if he stay dey...

but dem is de breaks...

hope they stay up though...

a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
too many players left...

yeah...

but dem is de breaks...

Spurs get conned wit Dos Santos.  If he was any good i.e. anywhere close to Bojan and dem so....Barca wasn't sellin he.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »
Not only that big players pulling stones...

Bently playing real shit.

Nuttin from Jenas and Lennon

Good player like Huddlestone cyar get a sweat.

Only man who playing is Zokora...and dais just to tackle and clean up.

King is a crocked ole horse, Bale free kick forever missing and is a WONDER Woodgate still FIT.

Let them go down...Bolton to buss they arse weekend.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »
Not only that big players pulling stones...

Bently playing real shit.

Nuttin from Jenas and Lennon

Good player like Huddlestone cyar get a sweat.

Only man who playing is Zokora...and dais just to tackle and clean up.

King is a crocked ole horse, Bale free kick forever missing and is a WONDER Woodgate still FIT.

Let them go down...Bolton to buss they arse weekend.

I agree with most, but I eh feeling the woodgate comment.

It REAL hard these days to watch meh team in action play. Palos' comment about Adel is spot on.

I saw Dos Santos play in the youth WC in Toronto and he didn't even look good in his own age-group.

I still have faith dey eh sinking.

I'd love to see Bilić take over this team.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 09:11:45 PM »
Ah like Ramos, but ah don't know how long Levy could hold he hand.  King look like that knee not coming back; he cyar play two games in a row.  Look like Pavlyuchenko cyar believe that they does train so hard in England, and Bentley not saddling with Ramos.  That squad in disarray.  Dey sell they two forwards before they could acquire one (Comelli go have to take some blame for the late summer acquisitions).  Boy, it  will be hard to see Spurs go down; they too talented to go down, but say what: the game is played on the field, not in the boardroom.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 09:23:04 PM »
Boy, it  will be hard to see Spurs go down; they too talented to go down, but say what: the game is played on the field, not in the boardroom.

Too talented to go down?

Not accordin to Jonathan Woodgate

Source:  Soccernet.com

Woodgate: Spurs aren't too good to go down

October 23, 2008

Tottenham Hotspur defender Jonathan Woodgate claims Juande Ramos' side are worse than the Leeds side who were infamously relegated from the Premier League.

Bottom side Spurs were beaten again tonight, this time in the UEFA Cup, as they went down 2-0 to Udinese in Italy.

With the side having collected just two points from their league programme, pressure is growing on manager Ramos and the Spurs board.

Woodgate saw at first hand the decline of Leeds from a Champions League semi-final to relegation and fears history repeating itself.

The England international told the BBC: "We have got to start learning quickly.

"A goal goes in, you think, 'Oh here we go again'. We have got to stand up.

"People say you are too good to go down - you are never too good to go down.

"I have seen it before at Leeds. We had a better team at Leeds than we have now and they went down eventually.

"We have got to really roll our sleeves up now and start grafting because it is going to be hard."

When asked if Spurs were now in a relegation battle, Woodgate added: "One million per cent. We have two points out of eight games.

"Are we good enough to get out of it? If we start playing and start concentrating, without a shadow of a doubt. But if we don't, we will go down."

Woodgate does not believe it is fair that Ramos, sporting director Damien Comolli and chairman Daniel Levy should take all the blame for the club's plight.

He has called on all players to take responsibility for the situation.

He added: "I have got to stand up like everyone has got to stand up. The senior players have got to stand up, we go on the pitch at the end of the day.

"If we are not producing the goods, pressure is going to be getting on the manager, the chairman and Damien but the players should share the blame because we are not pulling our weight on the pitch.

"We are bottom of the league and it doesn't get much worse than that. We have got to really roll our sleeves up.

"We have got to start working and give ourselves a good kick.

"Some people need an arm round them and some people need a telling off, a grilling and telling to get in shape."

Offline jimbo

• I iz a Piper!
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 04:53:40 PM »
Ah tink Ramos will turn into Vamos very soon....

Poti
like yuh inside oh wuh....Ramos jus get Vamos.... :devil:

BBC Breaking news

Tottenham sack Ramos and Comolli

Tottenham Hotspur have sacked coach Jaunde Ramos, the club has said.

Spurs have also parted company with sporting director Damien Comolli.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:55:22 PM by jimbo »
I an I iz u and u..seen

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »
Well look at ting...Rednapp tuh Spurs.... ;D

Between he and Stern..I ent knoe who like changing club more.. :devil:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »
too many players left...

yeah...

but dem is de breaks...

Spurs get conned wit Dos Santos.  If he was any good i.e. anywhere close to Bojan and dem so....Barca wasn't sellin he.

Conned how? You talking like de youth only play behind closed doors and Barca sell de man without anyone getting to actually see him play  :devil:

Nah man..dat youth talented, but he was replaceable at Barca. Once he start to grumble, they ship him out one time. Men like Ronnie and Deco didn't get sold cuz ah talent. Guardiola was looking to clear stale attitudes out of the dressing room. And from all reports, Dos Santos was complaining bout playing time and there were reports he would leave early on last season. I also pretty sure Dos Santos was Ramos idea. Probably was impressed with what he saw in La Liga.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 07:22:03 PM »
i have a feeling old 'arry just might get these fellas to play some football.  if i was he i woulda organize a bush bath for ledley king (dude play like 8 matches sin the last 5 years). gomes is a next one, he always have a nervousness about him, no defender will feel confident playing in front of him.

1]; } ?>