April 28, 2024, 01:06:57 PM

Author Topic: Warriors to open against Grenada in DCC final series.  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors to open against Grenada in DCC final series.
« on: November 09, 2008, 07:42:32 PM »
Warriors to open against Grenada in DCC final series.
By: Flex Mohammed.

Both Trinidad & Tobago and Antigua & Barbuda qualified for the final round of the Digicel Caribbean Championships (DCC) in Jamaica starting December 3rd. Antigua got the better of St. Kitts & Nevis (4-3) while the Warriors came from behind to tie Guyana (1-1) in the final of the qualifying series at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Trinidad.

Having already qualified for the finals T&T had little to play for while Guyana were fighting for their lives to clinch a final spot and came out firing from the get-go but could only go into the half deadlocked. In the second half Guyana picked up where they left off and the persistent paid off when Joe Public striker Gregory Richardson scored a 58 minute penalty to send Guyana ahead. Akile Edwards handled the ball in the area and the Joe Public marksman made no mistake.

T&T didn't sit back though and picked up the pace and it was only a matter of time before they'd score. Belgium base Khaleem Hyland got a pass to the inform Defence Force striker Devon Jorsling who knocked the ball in the back of the net for the Warriors in the 82nd to tie the game.

T&T: - 21.Marvin Phillip; 16.Seon Power (Cyd Gray 46th), 5.Keyeno Thomas, 4.Makan Hislop, 17.Aklie Edwards; 19.Keon Daniel, 2.Clyde Leon, 9.Aurtis Whitley (capt) (15.Arnold Dwarika 46th), 6.Khaleem Hyland; 10.Andre Toussaint, 11.Scott Sealy (18.Devon Jorsling 46th).

Guyana: - Richard Reynolds; Howard Lowe, Charles Pollard (capt), Kester Jacobs (Dwain Jacobs 46th), Shawn Bishop (Kayode McKinnon 86th); Dwight Peters (Howard Newton 70th), Chris Nurse, John Rodrigues, Walter Moore; Gregory Richardson, Randolph Jerome.

Group A

03-Dec-2008
Trinidad and Tobago vs Grenada

03-Dec-2008
Jamaica vs Barbados

05-Dec-2008
Jamaica vs Grenada

05-Dec-2008
Barbados vs Trinidad and Tobago

Group B

04-Dec-2008
Guadeloupe vs Cuba

04-Dec-2008
Haiti vs Antigua & Barbuda

More updates to follow
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:07:31 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors open against Grenada in DCC final series.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »
Everytime I see these kinda results against these kinda teams I does get vex.  Why it is all the match reports does have that the team came back out firing in the second half ?  Why they cyah fire from the first whistle ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors to open against Grenada in DCC final series.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »
T'dad football has been like that for the past 20 years.  We have to get score upon for us to react.  Like dem fellas brain does be on go slow.  For the HEX we can't play that kind of ball nah, we will get punished.  That's why we need some of the older heads in the mix.

If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:29:29 PM »
I eh even want comment but what I feared materialized havin seen dem 3 games
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 05:02:33 AM »
Antigua football improving.
They qualified, and had a good showing vs T&T.

They also beat T&T WCQ conquerors Bermuda in the earlier rounds, something like 4-0 or 5-0.

We have a good group, the question is what team we will be sending.
I think it will be pretty much this same team spending some more camp time that will go - devoid of the european based pros.

I also take it we playing Ja on Dec 7th Flex?

The tournament set up for a T&T - Ja final.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 05:05:43 AM »
I understand our Euro based players will be unavailable but i hope we send a team that is capable of winning our tenth title...I hope to see our in-form players who are based in the U.S on the team in December

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 07:42:41 AM »
I think Jamaica have to be considered favourites to win de title right now since they are hosts.  We have to make sure we win our first two games.  We don't want to be in a position of needing to win the last game to qualify for the gold cup.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »
U want a win try qualify 4 d GC as a SMART goal
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>