April 27, 2024, 11:32:26 PM

Author Topic: juventus v real madrid CL matchday 4  (Read 3952 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: juventus v real madrid CL matchday 4
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »
Real Madrid at the moment - awful.

Granted Juve scored on two moments of brilliance against the run of play...Madrid just has no spark right now- not inspiring.

NOTHING about our goals yesterday were against the run of play!!!!

just because madrid had 66% posession doesn't mena they ran the game. Juve we always in control of the game & RM were singing from thier song sheet.

juve just know how to control a game without the ball!!!! letting madrid go where juve dictated not where madrid wanted.

Bro, Madrid outshot them 19 to 4 (granted alot of their RM's shots were off target), and had RM 15 corners to 1.  The first goal was from an unforced give away, and the second was a brilliant free kick off of a stupid foul dive.  Other than that, Casillas had to hold the ball once.  Seriously, I'm not saying Madrid deserved to win.  Never said that, I think they were poor on the day, and I give Jack his jacket..... but to say that they didn't control the run of the game is bullshit plain & simple.  Play yuhself....yuh have license.... but Juve wasn't always in control of the game and dictating where the ball went... come on we's big men talkin' here.

we agree to diagree but i go ask u this...

u doh tink it possible to control the game without the ball?

I agree that with a disciplined defensive approach it's possible to neutralize the opponent, close channels and limit the opponents chances on goal.... If a team prevents its opponents from having any looks on goal, you could make that case I suppose, but that was not the case last night.  Madrid lacked creativity on many occasions, and on other lacked composure of execution- it was not because they didn't have the room or the opportunities to do more with their possession...

I'm from the school of football that the team with the ball is in control. You may lack the creativity and execution on a given day to capitalize on possession, but you're still in control if you have the ball, because no matter how hard you work defensively to stifle an opponent, you can't predict what they will do with the ball with 100% certainty, you can only hope that you did well enough to force them one way or the other....When Maradonna picked up the ball at the half line and ran through like 5 english defenders and scored, which one of them would claim that they try to force him one way? answer = all...how many of them were in control of that play? answer= none...

When you have the ball, you're in control.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: juventus v real madrid CL matchday 4
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 10:19:58 PM »
where all the Madrid supporters who does be talking up in the La liga thread?  :devil:

i feel toppa might turn a man city fan.  :devil:

NAH!   if he do that, who go prop up the la liga thread and talk bout conspiracy theories and match scheduling against Madrid ?

First of all, is SHE and secondly I don't talk about conspiracy theories.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>