March 28, 2024, 03:04:12 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (05-Nov-2008).  (Read 19334 times)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (05-Nov-2008).
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »
i don't understand this shit...i keep saying this over and over...national football players from young and old have to start playing consistently and with more focus...that shit with these defenders...they lack of focus...and stop kicking the f**king ball over bar...else train to kick the the ball in a empty net....what the f**k...and these guys are professional...are you kidding me

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2008, 08:21:19 PM »
Whoa .... people, take a step back and breathe!!

I understand the frustrations .... but this game was a friendly with the intentions to experiment before the HEX start.

I actually will break with the status quo and commend Mats for trying something new and something different in this game. I expect to see more of the organised mess in the next practice match we have as well.

If we had played a good game, well every would be happy ... but this is a game for him to experiment and give futher fringe players a chance to make a strong case to be in the final team that will play in the hex.

Knowing that it have two or more players competing hard for the one spot in the field in the games that matter will drive men to focus, play better and be more consistent. That is something that both Mats and us can agree on.

Everything else we might need to agree to disagree with Mats ... but the results will speak the loudest.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2008, 08:21:29 PM »
Thanx Small M for the mini report

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
nail biting win vz antigua...

Maturana...hear nah.... de man pick power and edwards over gray and john... pick an unfit rusty whitley...and play he 4-5-1 vz antigua... so them 4-4-1-1 vz guatemala and USA was not his preferred system then??...
he change it in the 35th min...4-4-2 ...... with sealy on for wolfe...and arnold for whitley....
 so he did not know all this before ??...ent dem training since sunday??..ent antigua play the u-20,s in tobago ??.. no scouts ??.. no info from vranes ???

anigua big..strong..some good pace in front with Byers etc...they not keeping no ball...playing a lil counter...

check this too.... he call dwarika to the team right ???...which tells me he see the man in some PFL games and CCL games...yuh know he put arnold to play wide right ...then he finally put him in the middle...hyland was poor all night ..pick up a yellow...yet still he take off the energetic wolfe...and let hyland play 90 with a yellow for like 25 mins...silly....

quick ratings

phillips... rather sloppy tonight...5

hislop...sloppy...poor decisions.....5

thomas....flat...but decent...6

edwards....sorry for this kid...no confidence...poor...3

power..good engine...heads the ball well..some good overlap and crosses....but if yuh think he could replace Gray and stop the yellow and red card flow...well he is a card man also...but i know he coming off a lay off etc...good cover...6

Leon...poor...5

Hyland...poor poor poor...where is the Hyland vz england ??... and he carrying a "big player" style...only looked the part in the last 10 mins...4

whitley...well i was asking small mag on the way to the game if whitley played any matches or reserve team matchs for connection recently...or if he "still" with connection...so what basis was he recalled ... because babwha say he drop foof gone ???.. so what we put the man iun for ?/..with the armband...wont it be better if he came on for a last 20 mins and work his way back in ???.....4

daniel...starting to fall off also...and i am sure thats to do with his club..his bad trial with west ham...it looks mental...but he did well on the night....7

wolfe...bustle, hustle and energy...but he does it with the ball also..so always looks like he is going to lost control of the ball...wrongly subsituted....6

Glenn..."de" star boy...needs a slap around the ear from "real" star boys... well i guess he is the only tnt player in history to hit a world cup post ...so he is a star,,,,scored a good header... 5

subs

Dwarika...as he said on TV last night before tha game " you will get Arnold"..and thats what we got...some neat passing...some mismatched bounce around in midfield...cross foot...drag ( left foot one)... his first touch for the goal he scored was worth the price of admission..serious... and he was involved in all 3 goals...   7

sealy...did some hustle around...and did well to knock back some smart passes with his back to goal..... 6

Toussaint... tickle tickle here and there....was stange that 2 defenders refused to tackle him in the box for the goal he scored...loked like they were afraid to give up a penalty...good finish...5

to me maturana should start these first 2 matches with the strongest 11... secure the group and give the other players a chance in the last match...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »

I understand the frustrations .... but this game was a friendly with the intentions to experiment before the HEX start.

I actually will break with the status quo and commend Mats for trying something new and something different in this game. I expect to see more of the organised mess in the next practice match we have as well.

If we had played a good game, well every would be happy ... but this is a game for him to experiment and give futher fringe players a chance to make a strong case to be in the final team that will play in the hex.

Knowing that it have two or more players competing hard for the one spot in the field in the games that matter will drive men to focus, play better and be more consistent. That is something that both Mats and us can agree on.

Everything else we might need to agree to disagree with Mats ... but the results will speak the loudest.

u for real?

the man gambled with our WC qualifiers...needed Jack Dwight and Latas to pick a proper 18 and save the journey

now he gambling with our progress to the digicel finals and Gold Cup 2009...   

we have no more time for gambling son... send his ass back to Colombia

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2008, 08:32:01 PM »
nobody saying that the man not gambling and it didn't backfire in his face the first time.
But WCQ takes priority over Digicel Cup and Gold Cup anydays.

If Digicel and Gold Cup was so important, the man wouldve picked the 18 saviours.

Need to give the man the opportunity to bleed new talent in International Matches.
Whitley and company not looking unfit, rusty and sloppy because they shitty. Men have zero match fitness.
So give them a run out in an International against some competition other than PFL grafters.

Is opportunities like this that Beenie show us Whitley, and Mats/Wim show us Daniel.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »
acb ??  wha friendly you talking about ..or is it ABC ??

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2008, 08:40:06 PM »
acb is right.

I initially thought that this was a friendly to prep for the game against Cuba on Nov 19th.
Didn't follow that this was part of the Digicel Cup.

my bad.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
So did peltier make the team ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
Firebrand has already spoken 4 me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »

acb...i understand this is a friendly or practice to some...but for me...iam looking for consistency with there game play..because the gold cup or hex...the mistake and lack of focus will course direly in game that really matter

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:43 PM »

acb...i understand this is a friendly or practice to some...but for me...iam looking for consistency with there game play..because the gold cup or hex...the mistake and lack of focus will course direly in game that really matter

nah boss ... I agree with you. You preaching to the choir. We absolutely need to get more consistent.
However, how we get from the point of inconsistency to consistency could possibly be solved over the course of several warm-ups and practice matches.
Ent you have to creep before you could walk? Same thing here. We need to master the basic steps and them men have to get challenged.

I sure in practice, man does be bussing the onion bag 10 outta 10 times. When it comes to real matches against sturdy competiton, men scoring 1 out 10 times.

We have a man that does wear #14 - in the top 5 in the whole wide mudda c**t world for International goals scored. Yet ... how much more that coulda be?
Stern does throw-way, yes. But he does buss the net when we really need it. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »
nobody saying that the man not gambling and it didn't backfire in his face the first time.
But WCQ takes priority over Digicel Cup and Gold Cup anydays.

If Digicel and Gold Cup was so important, the man wouldve picked the 18 saviours.

Need to give the man the opportunity to bleed new talent in International Matches.
Whitley and company not looking unfit, rusty and sloppy because they shitty. Men have zero match fitness.
So give them a run out in an International against some competition other than PFL grafters.

Is opportunities like this that Beenie show us Whitley, and Mats/Wim show us Daniel.

Breds digicel and gold cup is legitimate internationals, those is the kind of matches that counts when it comes to over seas contracts in britain as far as work permit eligibility is concerned.

we need to be in all those tourneys if we expect to advance our fifa rating,in addition helping young talents the like of daniels, A edwards, hislop and hyland to have the caps needed to play on ah higher level.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2008, 09:36:27 PM »

nah boss ... I agree with you. You preaching to the choir. We absolutely need to get more consistent.
However, how we get from the point of inconsistency to consistency could possibly be solved over the course of several warm-ups and practice matches.
Ent you have to creep before you could walk? Same thing here. We need to master the basic steps and them men have to get challenged.

I sure in practice, man does be bussing the onion bag 10 outta 10 times. When it comes to real matches against sturdy competiton, men scoring 1 out 10 times.

We have a man that does wear #14 - in the top 5 in the whole wide mudda c**t world for International goals scored. Yet ... how much more that coulda be?
Stern does throw-way, yes. But he does buss the net when we really need it. 

acb..iam not only talking about our Senior team but our u20, u17, u15 and whatever else team they have...the local coached from the back yard to intercol have to start train these kid the very right way..with holeing procession, traping..speed up the pace the game with consistency and be more aggressed

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
Question:::::::

Why Avery John and Julius James aint play????? ANYONE can answer that please.

thanks
For de love of de game

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2008, 09:46:18 PM »
JC, I not disagreeing with you at all on that one. Yes we absolutely need to be in all those tournaments.
However, we need to use fringe players at some point so that we have a wider talent pool to choose from.

Using the best, same 18 for WCQ, Digicel Cup and Gold Cup is not giving the other players the chance to stand out - or at least display what they have to offer.

We have to find a way to give some of the other players exposure, and sometimes when you dealing with a younger, inexperienced squad you have to experiment with the formation and tactics in order to protect some of the players weaknesses, and adjust during the game as need be.

If Mats is not experimenting a little, and not giving daniels, A edwards, hislop and hyland the chance to play over the preferred 18/ starting squad that we run with versus Guatemala and the US - then:
1. They will never have any of the important caps to ply their trade with a foreign club.
2. We will be depending on the same old players without bleeding any new talent.
3. There is no way that preferred players such KJ, Yorke, Latas, Stern, etc will get released to play in these games versus Antigua and company.

Other question: Was today a part of the international calender where if we had called up our preferred players, that they had to be released?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2008, 10:37:51 PM »

Other question: Was today a part of the international calender where if we had called up our preferred players, that they had to be released?
It was not, the 19th is the only date in November

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »

thanks

Because only 14 can play?  Me eh know.  I jes guessin

What I do know is dat it seem no matter wha mats do, it eh go ever be enough fuh some peeps.

If Whitley didn't play, peeps woulda be bawlin...how come Whitley eh play?  If he play, dey bawlin why he play?

Same ting fuh almost everybody else.

And all dis after yet another win for T&T.

Oh well.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
Question...... So I guess Latapy really did get blank the assistant coach Job. Or is it just for WCQ.....?

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2008, 01:05:39 AM »

thanks

Because only 14 can play?  Me eh know.  I jes guessin

What I do know is dat it seem no matter wha mats do, it eh go ever be enough fuh some peeps.

If Whitley didn't play, peeps woulda be bawlin...how come Whitley eh play?  If he play, dey bawlin why he play?

Same ting fuh almost everybody else.

And all dis after yet another win for T&T.

Oh well.

Palos, I agree completely. One of the reasons why I visit this site less and less is because of the incredible amount of negativity towards everything the coach does. You put it rightly, if Whitely didn't play we’d here criticism, he played and we still hearing criticism. It really doesn’t matter what the coach does someone will find a reason to criticize. We won the game and frankly, I’m happy to see some of the younger and more inexperienced players like Powers, Leon, Hyland, Hislop, Daniels, Phillips and Edwards getting a chance to grow.

This is a perfect opportunity for the coach get some of these players CAPs, experience and exposure. Hopefully we will see some of these guys transfer abroad in January. We underestimate some of the other leagues out there besides England like Switzerland, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, Russia, Ireland, Czech Republic, and Brazil. I’d like to see some of these guys populate some of those other leagues instead of holding out for these English clubs. 

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2008, 03:27:31 AM »
Alyuh jes not serious.
Doesn't Whitley need as much match practice as possible?
Yes, it is an official tournament but compared to the WC qualifiers it is a practice match. One in which the coach can and should experiment with some players, give others a chance (Sealy) as well as get players who are recovering from injury, players who when fit would be on the WC squad playing time (Whitley).

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2008, 05:43:17 AM »
whitley...well i was asking small mag on the way to the game if whitley played any matches or reserve team matches for connection recently...or if he "still" with connection...so on what basis was he recalled ... because babwha say he drop foof gone ??.. so what we put the man in for ?/..with the armband...wont it be better if he came on for a last 20 mins and work his way back in ???.....4

people..please... the national team is not for "match practice"...thats what his club for... i not vex he play..but make some sense ...all over the world you see players coming back into it gradually...look KJ...some second half sweat..then a start.... or i guess we change the world

is aurtis whitley still with connection ???

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2008, 06:07:02 AM »
Yes, Big Mag, Aurtis is still with Connection.

He came on as a sub against Rangers last Thursday at Ato Boldon.

He is obviously not match fit as yet. Not the Aurtis that we know, but class is class, and he will get there.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2008, 06:17:30 AM »
Well folks i now come back from d MLS, dem men play one set ah nonsense tonight....

But we still win... go figure.....

Maturana got it all wrong again on team selection and formation 4-5-1 was tried and failed today.

Whitley hasnt kicked a ball in months and start.... At least he corrected himself with the first half subs.

We basically played with no motivation, but Antigua is big and strong in all areas of the field, a cohesive unit as well. Is only when we start to see d clock ticking near the middle of the second half, we start to up the intensity and scored the goals.

Watching the wing backs on both sides was painful tonight... I not sure if i making d other games as Antigua was our strongest opposition in this group stage.

g, how much were tickets and how large was the crowd?

Stadium was about 2/3 full.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2008, 07:24:11 AM »
I agree with those who have stated that Maturana cannot please some people. I wonder if those same negative people are looking at football worldwide ? Brazil eh walking over Bolivia, peru and Venezuela again !! England kyah even qualify for the European champioships, Argentina, with all their stars, have had a dismal showing in their last 6 games prompting a new coach, Real madrid struggling, etc.. its happening everywhere folks and victory is now not certain anywhere.
It is very unfair that a coach trying to blood new talent is criticized , even in victory !
Check the man's record ! Damned if he wins damned if he doesn't !
If any of these detractors feel strongly about it maybe they could name a replacement ? 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2008, 07:29:49 AM »
I agree with those who have stated that Maturana cannot please some people. I wonder if those same negative people are looking at football worldwide ? Brazil eh walking over Bolivia, peru and Venezuela again !! England kyah even qualify for the European champioships, Argentina, with all their stars, have had a dismal showing in their last 6 games prompting a new coach, Real madrid struggling, etc.. its happening everywhere folks and victory is now not certain anywhere.
It is very unfair that a coach trying to blood new talent is criticized , even in victory !
Check the man's record ! Damned if he wins damned if he doesn't !
If any of these detractors feel strongly about it maybe they could name a replacement ? 

who is  the new talent on that digicel team?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2008, 08:31:41 AM »
No Offense intended but how long u following this national team? New talent include Hyland, Edwards, Leon, Powers, Hislop, Gay, Josling, Daniels (still relatively new to int'l football), Phillips, James and the sub keeper, I forget his name. Although some of these guys playing all year with the WCQ team, it doesn't mean they are veterans; all of those guys are new and inexperienced when you consider they've only been introduced to int'l football within the last year and 1/2. They absolutely need to play in these competitions to continue to grow and in some cases get recognized by foreign clubs.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »
BTW

If allyuh men see dem Digicel Girls...wow    and dey put them on some tall barrel thingy and they whine for the first 20 mins of the game...  The entire male population in the crowd didnt watch the first 20 mins... ;D

i'll take the camera next time for allyuh  ;D

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »
this score line is a joke .. antigua 2 trinidad and tobago 3 .. dem yute dem wutless. we should just play we under 17 in this tournament I gurantee dey will play better than this squad we have dey..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »
AH boy,

Like I ent miss nuttin....well maybe the digicel girls. (Small M, were they in white pants tighter dan a vice grip  :D )

I taking Big M view as "truth"...and he is a little more forgiving than me so in other words it sound like men real play shit last night.

Oh well we triumphed in a come from behind win vs Antigua so its all good.

Good Job fellas, thanks for the write up, appreciated  :beermug:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>