April 26, 2024, 02:03:51 AM

Author Topic: Blatter compared to despots in Africa  (Read 1959 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Blatter compared to despots in Africa
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »
Premier League - Ferguson attacks BlatterEurosport - Tue, 28 Oct 14:59:00 2008

Sir Alex Ferguson has launched a vicious attack on Sepp Blatter, likening the FIFA president to an unhinged African leader and questioning his credentials to serve as chief of the game's ruling body.

In an interview with GQ Magazine, the Manchester United manager spoke candidly about Blatter's comments on Cristiano Ronaldo's failed move to Real Madrid, in which he compared the 23-year-old's plight to that of a slave.

"I think Sepp Blatter is in danger, or has reached a point where he is being mocked within the game," Ferguson said.

"Whether he's getting too old, I don't know. But these things happen to people in power. Look at some of the despots in Africa. From a position of great power, he has uttered so many ridiculous statements that he is in danger of seriously damaging his credibility.

"When he came out with that stuff it created a furore and rightly so, the year after the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of slavery."

I can't remember the correct order, but wasn't it C. RONALDO who 1. either initiated use of the term slavery in the way Man U was handling proceedings or 2. C. RONALDO endorsed comments that he was indeed being treated as a slave.

Ferguson said the Ronaldo saga is thankfully now over, but he remains aggrieved at the manner in which Madrid approached the situation and the underhand tactics they employed in an attempt to sign the FIFPro World Player of the Year.

"When we sold Gabriel Heinze to Real Madrid we knew it was going to happen, because Ronaldo is very close to Heinze," he said.

"I knew what they were doing. I don't believe they were interested in Heinze - good player though he is. The endgame was to get Ronaldo.

According to published reports, Heinze wanted to move to Arsenal (or was it Liverpool?) However, Fergie refused to sell a Man U player to one of his main domestic competitors.

"What made it really obscene was that Madrid, as General Franco's club, had a history of being able to get whatever they wanted, before democracy came to Spain."

Ronaldo is one of a host of the world's best players Ferguson has lured to United during his 22-year reign, but he will leave Old Trafford regretting the one who got away.

The most successful manager in British football history has won 10 Premier League titles and two Champions League triumphs since his arrival from Aberdeen in 1986, achieved with help of inspired signings such as Ronaldo, Eric Cantona and Wayne Rooney.

But even Ferguson can't always get what he wants. Along the way there have been players he has missed out on, and none hurt more than an enigmatic Italian whose move from West Ham fell through in 2002.

"Paulo Di Canio would have been capable of becoming a truly great player at Manchester United," Ferguson said.

"I mean, he was a great player, but when you have a player like Di Canio, who expresses himself as an individual, like (George) Best and Cantona did, and (Ryan) Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo and (Dimitar) Berbatov do.

"We make heroes quickly here. Di Canio could have been in that category."

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Blatter compared to despots in Africa
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
the saga continues!!!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »
Blatter really talking plenty tata of late (more than usual anyway). Then again he always use to talk tata, and most people that don't need him does just laugh and brush he off.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
A two part competition to settle it once and for all.

1. Man U XI vs. FIFA XI:
Man U feat Fergie as coach and Roy Keane in his familiar midfield role.
FIFA XI with Sepp starting as keeper and Jack as the last stopper.

2. Man U bank account vs. FIFA back account

3. Race around the world. Private jets not allowed.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
"When he came out with that stuff it created a furore and rightly so, the year after the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of slavery."

Yeah. AF obviously ain't no historian..but I think he meant 'the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade in the UK"

heheh. nobody eh commemorating no anniversary of slavery fergie. and if they were foolish enough to, it sure didn't start 200 years ago.

if yuh come to jam a man for talking sh*t, yuh bes not be talking toots yuhself. rah  :devil:

and yeah..many African nations in a political mess (among other types of mess), but yuh have enough power hungry arseholes right dey in the UK and Europe to talk shite about before you jam up a continent dat already gets more than its share of negative press. oh gorm man  ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 04:38:03 PM by Filho »

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »

Yeah. AF obviously ain't no historian..but I think he meant 'the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade in the UK"

heheh. nobody eh commemorating no anniversary of slavery fergie. and if they were foolish enough to, it sure didn't start 200 years ago.

if yuh come to jam a man for talking sh*t, yuh bes not be talking toots yuhself. rah  :devil:

and yeah..many African nations in a political mess (among other types of mess), but yuh have enough power hungry arseholes right dey in the UK and Europe to talk shite about before you jam up a continent dat already gets more than its share of negative press. oh gorm man  ;)
:beermug:
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »
With all this analysis, All Fergie trying to say is that Sepp is tyrant!! Nothing more, nothing less!!!!

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 07:34:09 PM »

Sound to me like af trying to incinerate that,Blatter is cohorting w/Africanlike Despots subliminally refering to : guess who ? Furthermore,he trying to muster up the usurpation of the current fifa admin et alii, because of what ? One doesn't have to look far and wide for the ' why '. Push fyah Alex ! push fyah ! Dem grapes need more sugar mate.   :beermug:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »
Check fergie trying to dis Heinze and play he knew about RM plot for Ronaldo. harhar ::)

Anybody with a half decent memory knows Heinze was begging to go to Liverpool. Is Fergie self block that move and eventually agreed terms wit Real Madrid. didn't want him going to the enemy. yuh real good boy fergie

but Fergie right to criticize Blatter in some form or fashion. Sepp is really a shameful idiot
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:13:49 PM by Filho »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 06:41:52 AM »

Sound to me like af trying to incinerate that,Blatter is cohorting w/Africanlike Despots subliminally refering to : guess who ? Furthermore,he trying to muster up the usurpation of the current fifa admin et alii, because of what ? One doesn't have to look far and wide for the ' why '. Push fyah Alex ! push fyah ! Dem grapes need more sugar mate.   :beermug:

So he trying to bun dem.  ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 07:47:40 AM »

So he trying to bun dem.  ;D

Black Stalin in de house!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 11:30:56 AM »
La Liga - Heinze hits back at Ferguson
Eurosport - Wed, 29 Oct 14:14:00 2008

Former Manchester United defender and current Real Madrid ace Gabriel Heinze has hit back at Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson was quoted this week claiming Real Madrid only signed Heinze as a means of luring Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabeu.

The Argentinian, who moved to Spain last year after United refused to let him join Liverpool, said: "This theory of Ferguson about me going to Real in order to persuade Cristiano to come the following summer is a work of absolute fiction."

"I am a very good friend of Cristiano Ronaldo. This is true, but he always decides his own future. Cristiano is a clever person and he decides himself what is best for his own life."

"If he asks me a question about Real then, of course, I will answer, but I'm not a bad influence on him."

"Ferguson has spoken about me in the last months and I don't understand this. I thought he had forgotten me. He's the boss at United and any person who protests about anything is marginalised. This was my problem at times when I was there. Ferguson cannot stop my quotes because I'm not now at United."

He added: "I'm actually convinced Cristiano would offer Madrid even bigger performances than he has at United. That is my opinion and it is normal that I have wanted him to come and play with us here in La Liga."

TeamTalk / Eurosport

Two reasons why Fergie verbal diarrhoea will backfire

1. The end result was another Real Madrid man giving C. Ronaldo more incentive to bust out of Man U and move to Real.

2. Fergie so caught up with men in their old age wrecklessly wielding power ..... but like he forget he is the leader of the pack!!

1]; } ?>