April 27, 2024, 09:50:25 AM

Author Topic: El Fenômeno - Ronaldo  (Read 31867 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Returns!
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2009, 11:14:40 AM »
Ronaldo- Madrid Inter
Figo- Barcelona
Anelka- Arsenal
Fowler- Leeds Liverpool
Sheringham- Spurs
Yorke- Villa Signal Hill
Zidane- Juventus Madrid
Viera- Arsenal
Owen- Liverpool
Cambiasso- Madrid Inter
Saviola- Barca
Maradona- Boca Napoli

heheh

Yeah buh wah is de realll question, wha club you associate dem with, or wha club you feel dey is in dey heart?

Ah feel plenty fans wanna believe dem players have a inalienable association with dey club, but hommuch ah dat is media hype, hommuch is just talk from de players before/after a transfer, etc...?   :thinking:

It's just what is the first club that comes to mind.... not a right or wrong answer kinda thing.  Everyone is different..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »
Ronaldo- Madrid Inter
Figo- Barcelona
Anelka- Arsenal
Fowler- Leeds Liverpool
Sheringham- Spurs
Yorke- Villa Signal Hill
Zidane- Juventus Madrid
Viera- Arsenal
Owen- Liverpool
Cambiasso- Madrid Inter
Saviola- Barca
Maradona- Boca Napoli

heheh

Yeah buh wah is de realll question, wha club you associate dem with, or wha club you feel dey is in dey heart?

Ah feel plenty fans wanna believe dem players have a inalienable association with dey club, but hommuch ah dat is media hype, hommuch is just talk from de players before/after a transfer, etc...?   :thinking:

nah, it's just what club you associate them with...the first club that comes to mind when you hear a player's name. unless you know the player personally, or they publicly say it, you can't really answer the other question.

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »

[/quote]

It's just what is the first club that comes to mind.... not a right or wrong answer kinda thing.  Everyone is different..
[/quote]

[/quote]

nah, it's just what club you associate them with...the first club that comes to mind when you hear a player's name. unless you know the player personally, or they publicly say it, you can't really answer the other question.
[/quote]

Ah tryin to figure out if de first club that comes to mind is a result of de marketin machines, in other words, when the media make some ah these men into household names an start to push them right thru, like ah kinda pop idol ting nah.

I figga that in plenty cases here the question is which players' clubs market them the most effectively, resultin in a almost instinctive association with a particular club - whether or not de man was on a bess run while wearin dey uniform.

R9 connection to Real is a good case where Inter win the overall marketin fight despite his superior performance at Madrid

...and another one is the seemingly successful Yorkie-Villa connection, maybe cuz Yorkie came to epitomise Villa but could never be so big as to fuse his name permanently to ManU(re) even though he was real mix up in it  :devil:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
Now watch the Fatman come on against Palmeiras and buss de net with a header from a corner in 2nd half injury time. He actually had some nice touches, was running at full speed off the ball as well. I was surprised. He still seriously overweight but he was moving this game which was nice to see. Rock the crossbar with an earlier shot from well outside. All in all, a very good appearance against the top team in the Paulista.

Great celebration as well! Real frustration come out in dat goal celebration. Man sprint and jump over de advertising board like a (fat) gazelle. Den he climb de fence..whole team climb up on de fence behind him..den the fans climb up de other side and de whole fence break down. Riot police hadda rush in....

Needless to say he get a yellow for dat  :devil:

Final score..Corinthians 1 - Palmeiras 1

Lose some weight and stay fit. End yuh career on a high note....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 03:17:04 PM by Filho »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »
How about i was real nervous watchin him jump over the advertising board and hoping he eh hurt himself again.

I'z be more nervous when i watchin him run than when i takin a exam

See how slow he climb back over at the end...lol
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:46 PM »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2009, 10:10:58 PM »
Is like the fella who take the corner kick wanted R9 to score...that delivery was perfect, had Ronaldo written all over it

Would be nice for Dunga to give him a lil sub appearance in 2010...definitely may not happen though

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2009, 10:55:08 PM »
Lawddddddddddd dem wild boi
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2009, 01:12:16 AM »
Cool celebration!  Definitely the first time I ever see that.
Real nice header, Ronaldo musbe sleep nice tonight.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2009, 01:51:23 AM »

But what club do you associate him with?

Ronaldo- Madrid... Even though his best years were arguably elsewhere...(his first season at Madrid was deadly though)

I was playing a game recently where one person would name a player who's played at a few clubs and ask which is the (club) team that you would associate the player most with  (yeah a real peong game) The answers were interesting. Some of the more popular responses I remember:

Ronaldo- Madrid
Figo- Barcelona
Anelka- Arsenal
Fowler- Leeds  :o :o :o
Sheringham- Spurs
Yorke- Villa
Zidane- Juventus
Viera- Arsenal
Owen- Liverpool
Cambiasso- Madrid
Saviola- Barca
Maradona- Boca

Fowler is Mr Liverpool! They literally call him "God"!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:54:09 AM by Ryan »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »
How about i was real nervous watchin him jump over the advertising board and hoping he eh hurt himself again.

yeah hoss i see the man jump over and climb on the fence dey...my heart was in my meck yes.
To make it worse it look like he was limpin when he did come off the fence and dat make me more concer..but he seem like he was ok man...the referee give half the team yellow card after yes...goal keeper and all...i feel he build dah fence.

Fatboy had a real good game doh...ping the post and almost set up two goal before he finally buss d bag. Good to see.
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2009, 08:48:31 AM »
Net buss again. Winning goal in a 2-1 come from behind win. Fat man not fit, but still have touches and knows where the back of the net is. Started his first game too. But 2 goals in the last 2 games..lne an equalizer, one a game winner. Silencing those who thought he was at Corinthians just to sell jerseys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma0on1xUy-4

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »
Net buss again. Winning goal in a 2-1 come from behind win. Fat man not fit, but still have touches and knows where the back of the net is. Started his first game too. But 2 goals in the last 2 games..lne an equalizer, one a game winner. Silencing those who thought he was at Corinthians just to sell jerseys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma0on1xUy-4
He makes it look so easy.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »
Class is permanant.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline shotters365

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The Phenomenon is back --- Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »

Monday, 9 March 2009

Ronaldo scores first goal for Corinthians

Ronaldo headed an injury time equaliser to spark wild celebrations

Brazilian striker Ronaldo, playing only his second game since a knee injury last year, scored an injury-time equaliser to give his new club Corinthians a 1-1 draw with arch-rivals Palmeiras on Sunday.

Ronaldo, who came on as a second-half substitute, was booked for climbing the fencing around the pitch to celebrate with the supporters after heading home at the far post from a corner in the second minute of injury time.

Part of the fencing gave way but nobody appeared to be hurt. Police rushed in to restore order and allow the game to continue.

"I'm very sorry for the incident, but I couldn't contain my emotions," Ronaldo said in a touchline interview.

Ronaldo, who defied predictions that he would have to end his career after the injury 13 months ago, later told a news conference: "It was a big fright, it was a rather irresponsible attitude because the fence wasn't so strong after all. But you don't think at the time, you just want to celebrate with the fans.

"It's always emotional to bounce back.

"I can't explain what I felt but I certainly thought about .... all the difficult moments I've had in this recovery."

Ronaldo vowed there was more to come.

"This is just the beginning. There's still some way to go .... I need to lose a bit of weight and gain some speed and mobility."

The 2002 World Cup winner ruptured a tendon in his left knee in a Serie A game playing for AC Milan against Livorno in February last year.

It was the third such injury of his career and came when he was already suffering from a loss of form and fitness problems.

"They said he would never play again and there he is scoring a decisive goal in an important game," Corinthians coach Mano Menezes said.

Ronaldo left Milan and joined Corinthians in December.

He made his first appearance last Wednesday, also as a second-half substitute, and suffered a black eye after being hit by a microphone as reporters invaded the pitch after the final whistle.

A capacity-crowd of 45,000 packed the Prudentao stadium in Presidente Prudente, 580 km from Sao Paulo, for the Paulista championship match on Sunday.

The three-times World Player of the Year came on in the 64th minute with Palmeiras 1-0 ahead, Diego Souza having scored in the 48th minute, and dominating the game.

Ronaldo struck the crossbar with a shot from outside the area before scoring his first goal since January last year, when he was on target for AC Milan against Napoli.

Palmeiras coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo was unimpressed and criticised the referee.

"I think he wanted Ronaldo to score a goal," said the former Brazil and Real Madrid coach.

"He kept awarding free kicks near our penalty area. I think the referee was affected psychologically (by Ronaldo's presence).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeZtGC0SdF0

Thursday, 12 March 2009

Ronaldo on target again for Corinthians

Ronaldo has returned in impressive form since his injury

Ronaldo continued his impressive return from a year-long injury layoff as he scored for the second game in a row to give Corinthians a 2-1 win over Sao Caetano on Wednesday.

Sao Caetano had taken a 22nd minute lead with a Marcelo Batatais header before Andre Santos rifled in the equaliser with a long-range shot in the 35th minute.

Ronaldo, playing his third game for Corinthians and starting for the first time in his home debut, swept the ball home with a first-time shot from Dentinho's low cross in the 51st minute.

The former Barcelona, PSV Eindhoven, AC Milan and Inter Milan player, who scored an injury-time equaliser in a 1-1 draw with arch-rivals Palmeiras on Sunday, went off in the 78th minute to a standing ovation from the 30,000 crowd at the Pacaembu.

Ronaldo, 32, ruptured a tendon in his left knee in a Serie A game playing for AC Milan against Livorno in February and later left the Italian club. He joined Corinthians in December in a surprise move and made his debut one week ago.

Corinthians stayed second in the Paulista championship and cut Palmeiras's lead to a point after Vandelei Luxemburgo's team could manage only a 1-1 draw with Ituano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8xH9w75Sjk

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009, 07:22:09 AM »
Two more yesterday...

Or as Tallman would say...a brace! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdLXCHnQRQ

Second goal was class. Not so sure about that dive for the penalty. Conduct it Fatz!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:26:38 AM by Filho »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009, 07:36:20 AM »
Two more yesterday...

Or as Tallman would say...a brace! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdLXCHnQRQ

Second goal was class. Not so sure about that dive for the penalty. Conduct it Fatz!

Is only on the slow motion replay yuh realise how rotund he is. D man real thick in the waist. I surprise he doctors eh tell him lose more weight so he could take some pressure of his knees.

assist on the link

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZdLXCHnQRQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bZdLXCHnQRQ</a>

by the way, wha dem playing with - ah beach ball or wha??

Més que un club.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2009, 07:52:23 AM »
And another one.

This man is remarkable.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2009, 08:22:42 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNNpwwo6VEY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cNNpwwo6VEY</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2009, 11:11:09 AM »
Should have had a double but they wrongly call the 2nd offside.

Wha' bout every game de man does be real saucing, but he eh look like he losing any weight  :devil:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:12 AM »
sometimes athletes, despite their physical conditioning just big and chubby

a few nfl players are like that

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:47 AM »
Watch the old man run .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/XqsrguZg-bo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/XqsrguZg-bo</a>

RIO DE JANEIRO, April 19 (Reuters) - Ronaldo showed a burst of his old pace to score the second goal for Corinthians in a 2-0 win over Sao Paulo on Sunday.

The former AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid striker outpaced his marker over 30 metres as he chased Cristian's through ball before clipping his shot past Sao Paulo Bosco in the 58th minute.

It was the sixth goal of the 32-year-old's comeback following last year's knee injury, the previous ones all having been scored from inside the penalty area.

Douglas had opened the scoring three minutes before Ronaldo's goal.

Corinthians completed a 4-1 aggregate win in their Paulista championship semi-final to earn a place against Santos in the two-leg final.

Santos beat Vanderlei Luxemburgo's Palmeiras 2-1 on Saturday, winning 4-2 on aggregate, in a match marred by an ugly brawl near the end.

The Paulista is the largest of the regional championships which kick off the marathon Brazilian season.

The tournaments, one for each of Brazil's 27 states, each have their own formats and are completely detached from the Brazilian championship which starts in May.

Former world club champions Internacional scored seven times in the first half on the way to beating Caxias 8-1 to clinch the Rio Grande do Sul championship, another of the bigger tournaments.

Magrao and Nilmar scored twice each while Taison, Alvaro and Argentine pair Pablo Guinazu and Andres D'Alessandro shared the others.

Cristian Borja scored Caxias's consolation.

Internacional won the second stage of the tournament and also clinched the title as they won the first stage played earlier in the year.

Flamengo beat Botafogo 1-0 in Rio de Janeiro's Carioca championship thanks to a bizarre own goal by Emerson who missed his kick completely as he attempted to clear and saw the ball bounce into the net of his other leg.

Under the complex rules of the tournament, the win gave Flamengo the right to play the same opponents twice more to decide the title.

Sunday's win meant that Flamengo won the second stage. Botafogo won the first stage earlier in the year.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/world/news/LJ259198.php

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »
We on schedule ... ;)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
vai corinthians!!!! timaoooooo!!!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2009, 10:31:01 AM »

2 more from El Fenomeno

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/q50mzUraRg0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/q50mzUraRg0</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »
I would give anything to see KJ trap ah ball like Ronaldo did on the first goal

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
watch how easy the man makes it look
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2009, 01:53:42 PM »
I would give anything to see KJ trap ah ball like Ronaldo did on the first goal ........

dread ah was thinking that same thing.  a lil more weight, slower but them touches and the vision.  i waiting to see how long it go take dunga to give him a call

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »

yeah hoss i see the man jump over and climb on the fence dey...my heart was in my meck yes.
To make it worse it look like he was limpin when he did come off the fence and dat make me more concer..but he seem like he was ok man...the referee give half the team yellow card after yes...goal keeper and all...i feel he build dah fence.

Fatboy had a real good game doh...ping the post and almost set up two goal before he finally buss d bag. Good to see.

Ah hope you stay slim all yuh life.......

1]; } ?>