March 28, 2024, 05:21:25 AM

Author Topic: U-20S to face Antigua.  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
U-20S to face Antigua.
« on: October 29, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »
U-20S to face Antigua.
U-17 squad picked to face Chelsea, Mexico.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 20 team will play a practice match against Antigua and Barbuda’s Senior Men’s Team from 5pm on Thursday at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet.

The Antiguans have been engaged in a live-in training camp in the sister-isle, preparing for Group H action in the Digicel Caribbean Championship prelims which plays off at the Marvin Lee Stadium with matches on November 5,7 and 9 during which they will come up against T&T, St Kitts/Nevis and Guyana.

The T&T U20s are coached by Zoran Vranes and will include striker Jamal Gay and goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel who have had recent stints with the Senior Team. But Leston Paul and Akeem Adams are both out with ankle injuries.

The rest of the squad includes: Andre Marchand, Uriah Bentick, Mekeil Williams, Nicholas Walker, Curtis Gozalves, Jamil Bailey, Aubrey Adams, Kevin Francis Jason Joseph, Marcus Joseph, Jean Luc Rochford, Daneil Cyrus, Jamal Clarance, Nathan Homer and Dacian John

Meantime, the T&T National Under 17 team will leave on Monday for the United States  where they will take part in the 16th Annual Newark International Cup, which is being hosted by St Benedict’s Prep. Matches will be played at the New Jersey Institute of Technology Lubetkin Field. All matches are expected to be viewed by several international scouts.

T&T will face Chelsea in its opening game on November 5, followed by encounters with St Benedict’s Prep a day later and close off against the Mexicans on November 8.  The final and third place play off  matches will take place on November 9.

Under 17 head coach Anton Corneal said it would be an ideal opportunity for the youngsters to get much needed international experience away from home.

”It will be the first chance for some of these players to play against such quality teams like a Chelsea and against one of top teams on Concacaf which in this event is Mexico. Again, the previous international game against Brazil which was a worthy experience, would have been the only other time these players would have faced top class opposition. In this tournament they will see and experience the difference in what they are doing now as compared to what really goes on in an international environment with bigger teams.

“It will give them that opportunity to make that adjustment from the current College system or for some of them who are attached to the youth teams of the Pro League clubs to that of international football,” Corneal told TTFF Media on Wednesday.

The 18-man squad

NAMES / D-O-B / CLUB

GOALKEEPERS
John Thomas / 18-11-1993 / Joe Public
Raheem Belgrave / 07-11-1992 / Joe Public

DEFENDERS
Akeems Grant / 07-04-1992 / W Connection
Reshad Wint / 12-02-1992 / Joe Public
Dillon Kirton / 25-04-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh
Stephen Wiltshire / 26-03-1992 / Joe Public
Dinnel Lopez / 15-06-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh
Omarr Charles / 12-03-1992 / Stokelyvale F.C.
Zavion Navarro / 31-12-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh

MIDFIELDERS    
Shahdon Winchester / 08-01-1992 / W Connection
Luke Hernandez / 24-03-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh
Vernell Ramirez / 19-03-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh
Moriba Ballah / 03-01-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh
Ross Russell Jr / 09-01-1992 / Defence Force
Daquille Matthews / 07-06-1992 / W Connection
Ryan Frederick / 11-06-1992 / W Connection

FORWARDS
Cordel Cato / 15-07-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh
Jerrel Britto / 04-07-1992 / San Juan Jabloteh

Technical Staff - Anton Corneal (head coach), Michael McComie (assistant coach) Shawn Cooper (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeper coach), Gilbert Bateau (Trainer), Michael Taylor (physio), Esmond O'Brien (equipment manager) and Christopher Gouveia (manager).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:35:26 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20S to face Antigua.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »
Doc go dat game and c if Vranes team lookin betta than u know who team. Awaitin d result
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »
For those who dont know, Hyland is eligible to play for the U-20 team...at some point in this campaign he should be included to make this team stronger..

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »
Doc go dat game and c if Vranes team lookin betta than u know who team. Awaitin d result

I would love to see that also.... Vranes round trini football for yearz now, pluss he could talk betta english :rotfl:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:40:43 PM »
 >:(  Woulda like to go and take in this tournament but I whukkin nights >:(.....Maybe ah could sneak out on election day....pass time while the votes get counted....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:25:44 AM »
For those who dont know, Hyland is eligible to play for the U-20 team...at some point in this campaign he should be included to make this team stronger..

hyland and a few ncaa  division 1 players I guess he zoran cannot get the jabloteh players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 09:51:58 AM »
Just checking,does anyone have any info on what percentage of these players play in the Colleges league,what i'm trying to get at here is are these the best from the Pro league teams or the Colleges league.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 10:22:50 AM »
I hear Ross Russell Jr, Zavion Navarro and Shahdon Winchester leaving on trials in Europe soon.

Whats the latest with Jerrel Britto ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 01:59:08 PM »
ROONEY cud play for england u 21s too

leave hyland in the national senior team set up it go be better for him and us
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »
ROONEY cud play for england u 21s too

leave hyland in the national senior team set up it go be better for him and us

Dwight yorke lead our under 20 to the wc when he was a senior team player ..

we eh england brazil and argentina dat leave out Lionel Messi from  last youth world cup squad and still  win  we don't have that player pool.... hyland and all players eligible  are need
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:16:17 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »
Trini 2010 i agree with you..some men dont get the point....some fellas jokey yes talkin bout leave him in the senior set up where it betta for him lol...if we have talented U-20 players with international experience then they are the ones who definitley should be on the U-20 team..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:35:20 PM by Sando prince »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »
IMO you need a balance of the two.  The needs of the team at the moment versus the needs of Khaleem Hyland at the moment.

Hyland not benefitting from playing against Antigua.  He better off in Sweden doin what he doin dey.  If he was still in Trini, unattached and not playing ball, I would agree.

Perhaps the U 20 team could do with him from a chemistry point of view in terms of playing together, but in this instance, playing against Antigua, with no disrespect intended to Antigua, doh make sense.  The U 20's already play as a team without him in the Super League.  This exercise is really meant for that U 20 team.  As qualifying gets closer and if Hyland is in a similar position where he's not signed abroad and can come back to play and the powers that be want to augment the team with his inclusion, then by all means go ahead. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 03:46:49 PM »
Palos what is all this talk about Antigua  ::)..All me and Trini 20 are saying, is at some point in this campaign Hyland and the players we have in the U.S has to be given a chance to join this under 20 team so we will have the best possible team available...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:55:38 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 06:15:31 PM »
Players in the NCAA D1 that can play for our under 20

Dane roberts (furman)don't know if he is interested!!
bethel (DUKE)
Javed mohammed
Jesse fullerton
Ryan Oniel
Knox
De silva
Aaron Maud
Cameron Roget ( he was called up for the under 17)
http://www.gotoros.com/roster.aspx?path=msoc&

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:23:46 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »
Doc what is d score as 4 Hyland if we qualify he should go 2 d lil dance
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
Source: Trinidad Guardian

Antigua senior footballers rallied to earn a 2-2 draw with the T&T Under-20 side yesterday in a friendly match at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago.

Jamal Gay (sixth) and Trent Lougheed (30th) gave the locals a 2-0 lead at halftime only for Randall Burton and Ranjae Christian to score for the Antiguans in the second period.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »
I hear Ross Russell Jr, Zavion Navarro and Shahdon Winchester leaving on trials in Europe soon.

don't know what opportunities he may have lined up for him as far as tryouts for contracts or scholarships is concerned, but, word out of his school is that his attitude and work ethic has left a whole lot to be desired.  Not necessarily the kind of attitude that we would want on our national teams right now.....maybe it will improve for some tryouts.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »
Ok so d youngsters blew a 2 goal lead

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »

don't know what opportunities he may have lined up for him as far as tryouts for contracts or scholarships is concerned, but, word out of his school is that his attitude and work ethic has left a whole lot to be desired.  Not necessarily the kind of attitude that we would want on our national teams right now.....maybe it will improve for some tryouts.

Chow,
Are you refering to Britto here? If so, I must say I am surprised. And I surely hope it's not the case.

This attitude problem plauges our young football stars. We can't afford to have these kinda diatractions.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 09:58:49 PM »

Chow,
Are you refering to Britto here? If so, I must say I am surprised. And I surely hope it's not the case.

This attitude problem plauges our young football stars. We can't afford to have these kinda diatractions.

If i'm not mistaken didn't he go on some trial some time ago with some team in England,what happened to that?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 10:00:03 PM »
His work ethic dat is news 2 me

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 02:52:21 AM »
His work ethic dat is news 2 me

Se him play against Mucurapo and is real attitude with this kid
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »

Chow,

Yes, Cocorite, sadly, I am.  Yuh see even Fishs corroborate meh story.  Sad, but he has youth on his side and maybe that and some back-to-earth grounding can change that.  But you're right.  He is definitely not the only one.  It's a cultural thing.

1]; } ?>