April 19, 2024, 11:27:27 AM

Author Topic: Official Knicks 08-09 thread  (Read 28854 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Official Knicks 08-09 thread
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »
first game tonight.  vs the Heat of Miami.

...and no, I not shame.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:07:46 PM by daryn »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official Unofficial Knicks thread
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »
1-0 for the current joint-leaders of the Eastern conference/Atlantic Division.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »
i see the knicks drop a 120 on miami. good for the knicks. the league is better when they're competitive. i'll be interested to see what kind of effect d'antoni has over the course of the season

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »
can't really extrapolate too much from one game but 120-115 is a typical scoreline for a game involving a D'Antoni coached team.

if we play a run and gun style we will probably over-achieve (at least as far as wins and losses).  Most NBA teams have trouble adjusting away from the half-court style of bball on a one-off basis.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 02:33:58 PM »

...and no, I not shame.

:rotfl:

give it a month or so...de shame go come back like waves at maracas
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »

...and no, I not shame.

:rotfl:

give it a month or so...de shame go come back like waves at maracas

frustrated, disappointed, vex maybe

between T&T, West Indies, Pres, Knicks and Mets, I see real hard times as a sports fan but never shame yet

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 03:27:14 PM »

...and no, I not shame.

you eh shame?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official Knicks 08-09 thread
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 10:53:18 PM »
Well the Knicks are my team and will always be my team... however my emotions have been put on the shelf and I dealing with the Knicks as currently constituted on a very objective and rational basis.  I really not getting caught up in no hype or disappointment for another couple years.  We ent go do ah damn thing this year, possibly next year... and maybe even the year after that. 

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 10:42:27 AM »
Well the Knicks are my team and will always be my team... however my emotions have been put on the shelf and I dealing with the Knicks as currently constituted on a very objective and rational basis.  I really not getting caught up in no hype or disappointment for another couple years.  We ent go do ah damn thing this year, possibly next year... and maybe even the year after that. 

objectivity in analysis is all well and good I suppose but as a fan I always hope to win the next game.

win or lose, I posting in this thread for all 82 games this season.

tonight the Knickerbockers visit Philadelphia.  Hopefully they can, in some small way, strike a blow for NY sports against Philly sports in the aftermath of a horrific baseball season.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »

objectivity in analysis is all well and good I suppose but as a fan I always hope to win the next game.

win or lose, I posting in this thread for all 82 games this season.

tonight the Knickerbockers visit Philadelphia.  Hopefully they can, in some small way, strike a blow for NY sports against Philly sports in the aftermath of a horrific baseball season.

I definitely rooting for them to win... just not getting too caught up is what I saying.  And I supporting since the days of the "Bomb Squad" with Pitino as the coach and men like Oak, Sidney Green, Kenny 'Sky' Walker, Strickland, Jackson, Trent Tucker, Gerald Wilkins and Ewing on de team, so no fair weather fan here.

btw... folks with DirecTV, they're offering a free preview of NBA League Pass thru next Thursday or Friday so get your TV b-ball on while you can :beermug:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 10:18:44 AM »
good ting I didn't stay home to watch that game.  must have been ugly.  29 pt loss.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 02:04:08 PM »
I not sold on D'Antoni's system yet... at some point yuh need to focus on defense.

I also doh really like what going on with Steph... dude is a head case for sure, but unless Steph being disruptive in the locker room there's no reason for his benching. They trying to frustrate the yute into a buyout so that they don't have to pay him that $22 mil they owe him this year... and that's foul.

Steph dun say they'll pay him every last cent they owe him doh.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 08:25:54 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
8 point loss tonight to Milwaukee.

yeah, if they doh want the man they should just cut him. 

the knicks is the last organization that should be complaining bout saving a season's salary.  dem making terrible financial decisions since the off-season they give allan houston 99 mil and chris childs a whole other set of money.  and they can't find a way to make a loss yet somehow or the other.  life is good in the biggest market in the world.

other NBA news: first victory ever for the Oklahoma City thunder in the other game tonight.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 03:58:35 PM »
knicks 4 life...i expecting a gradual turnaround this season... Isaiah was the worst... also i lookin for meh boy balkman to develop some kind of game, whether it be hitting a jump shot consistently or something.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 04:27:39 PM »
knicks 4 life...i expecting a gradual turnaround this season... Isaiah was the worst... also i lookin for meh boy balkman to develop some kind of game, whether it be hitting a jump shot consistently or something.

yeah, I really wanted Balkman to stay with the Knicks.  I have to keep track of him on the nuggets now.  Him and David Lee was the best things Isiah ever bring to the team.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »

yeah, I really wanted Balkman to stay with the Knicks.  I have to keep track of him on the nuggets now.  Him and David Lee was the best things Isiah ever bring to the team.

I liked Balkman... and his success bodes well for Ewing Jr. as an NBA player... granted I bias when it comes to him.  Hopefully the Knicks will find a way to pick him back up.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »
Knicks win 101-98 defeating former coach L. Brown and the Bobcats.

I was in a bar watching highlights on MSG.  They didn't show CHA making a single basket, then when the game done the final margin of victory is only 3 points.  very misleading.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 07:51:09 AM »
knicks makin de playoffs this year,watch and see.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 11:26:52 AM »
knicks makin de lottery this year,watch and see.

Fixed.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 07:50:19 AM »
NY hand utah they 1st lorse last nite.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 09:07:26 PM »
Utah win was the first meaningful one in my opinion.

currently at halftime in a close game with the heavily depleted Spurs.  need to take these opportunities.

still trying to get a handle on the conference this year.  Of the teams below the Knicks right now I'd expect Chicago, Toronto and Philly to start finding their rhythm soon. 

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:59 PM »
lost by 12 against SAS getting outscored by 6 and 9 in the 3rd and 4th quarters respectively after holding a narrow half-time lead.

hope this is not the start of a trend.  these kinda games were commonplace last season.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »

...and no, I not shame.

same hear ah like the STL Rams to so ah need ah good season from my Knicks

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 11:00:04 PM »
29 point win tonight 132-103.

grizzlies not the most formidable opponent but job extremely well done.

record is 5-3 now.

Wilson Chandler had one of the best games he will ever have 11-12 (including 4-4 from 3) from the field and 1-1 from the line for 27pts.  thus far he fitting in well.

people could say what they want bout Isiah but the man always get value for his draft picks ever since Raptors days: he get bashed for drafting Damon Stoudamire, Tracy McGrady, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman... too bad he couldn't keep from fiddling with the roster and the coaching was a whole other story.     

Gallinari look like he done for the season.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
although de season now start,i could see NY makin headway under mike.fuh some reason thomas wasn't ckickin.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »
November 13, 2008
Knicks Fans Discover Striking Palms Together Makes Uplifting And Appreciative Noise

NEW YORK—Following the Knicks' surprising 4-2 start, fans' instinctual boos have been interrupted by what many are referring to as "a strange, repeated bringing-together motion of the hands," an act resulting in an uplifting sound that can be used to respond to successful plays by the team.

"It seems to be really effective when a lot of people do it at the same time," said fan Adam Blake, 32, whose face has recently begun to contort in such a way that his mouth curls upwards at the corners, often exposing the fronts of his teeth. "It's a lot less natural for me than yelling at players and coaches, but unlike throwing garbage on the court, the security guards say you're allowed to do it. I guess if I had to choose between the old way and this new hand-slapping thing, I'd pick hand-slapping. It seems to be making the players, and me, feel kind of—I don't know—good." Upon returning home, fans were shocked to learn that emotional connections could be made with friends and family by not making sarcastic comments about their weight and intelligence and instead wrapping their arms around each other and pressing their bodies close together.
Onion Sports.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 10:46:31 AM »
Report: Knicks, Marbury discuss breakup detailsby Marc Berman, FOXSports.com

NEW YORK - Exiled Stephon Marbury was summoned Thursday morning to a 45-minute meeting with Knicks president Donnie Walsh at the team's Westchester headquarters, and the sides held preliminary discussions about a buyout, two sources told The New York Post.

Marbury, who has no agent, was joined by Players Association attorney Hal Biagas.The ball is now rolling for a Marbury-Knick divorce. A team source said an official breakup could happen in one week.

According to a source, Marbury asked Walsh for permission to talk with other clubs, and Walsh is expected to grant that wish soon. Walsh may request that Marbury agree not to sign with an Eastern Conference team.

Marbury will be on the bench Friday in street clothes when the Knicks host Oklahoma City.

It will be Marbury's eighth straight "inactive" after a DNP in the opener. Walsh has refused to waive Marbury, though coach Mike D'Antoni will not use him.

It's a decision the coach can start to justify considering the Knicks' successful 5-3 start following their 132-point explosion in Memphis on Wednesday.
Walsh probably realizes it's the opportune time to open a roster spot, especially with Danilo Gallinari potentially out for several months and Eddy Curry out indefinitely.

Releasing Marbury would give Walsh the opportunity to re-sign popular Patrick Ewing Jr., who's contemplating a move either to Europe or the developmental league.Marbury has said repeatedly he wants "every penny" of his $21.9 million salary. However, if he signs with a new team, the Knicks will save a percentage of his new contract in a complicated formula.

If Marbury signs for the minimum contract, $1.2 million, the Knicks would save $300,000. Certainly the Knicks want more of a savings.

The Marbury-D'Antoni impasse became absurd during the two-game road trip to San Antonio and Memphis, when D'Antoni chose to activate an injured Curry instead of Marbury to replace the absent Gallinari.

Marbury's friends have referred to his status with the Knicks as "being held hostage."

Miami has interest in Marbury. The Celtics could be a strong possibility, too. Marbury has said he'd be willing to back up point guard Rajon Rondo.

The Nuggets had interest but just traded for Chauncey Billups. The Clippers need point-guard help, and Marbury is a friend of Baron Davis. San Antonio is in the market for a point guard, and Marbury has the Spurs atop his list.

After the preseason, D'Antoni decided Marbury would not be able to handle a diminished role, backing up Chris Duhon, without complaint.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 10:47:56 AM »
marbury is ah bitch,put he and vince carter in de WNBA.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »
send marbury up in toronto or oklahoma city to one of them crap teams... even charlotte would do so i could go and take him in.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 01:05:04 PM »
another win last night vs the Thunder.
6-3 record right now
29 each for Jamal and Randolph.

1]; } ?>