March 28, 2024, 10:54:22 PM

Author Topic: Official Knicks 08-09 thread  (Read 28712 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official Knicks 08-09 thread
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »
marbury is ah bitch,put he and vince carter in de WNBA.

they just need to pay the man the money they owe him.  simple as dat.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »
124-114 overtime loss at home to the Mavs tonight.

score only 2 points in the overtime period.  27 points and 18 boards for Zach Randolph.  Let's see if we could get Eddy Curry off the books without too much pain.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 11:10:41 PM »
9 point loss to the champs tonight.  record starting to even out as we play more a more representative sample of opponents.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 08:18:53 AM »
even without KG boston still dominant.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »
Jamal Crawford traded to the GS Warriors for Al Harrington.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/22/sports/basketball/22knicks.html?hp

Don't like the move... I'm a Crawford guy... but I understand the move.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »

Not sure how good that trade is..... get rid of yuh best 2 and season leading scorer for a injury prone man...
hope it works out

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »
wow.

Jamal was my favourite Knick.  I was excited about getting Al Harrington when I was hearing the rumours but it never cross my mind we'd give up JC.

Jamal was one of the few Knicks who actually had a good contract: i.e. he was probably a little underpaid if anything in my opinion.  I suppose that also meant he was one of the more attractive trade targets for anybody else.

so it goes.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 02:46:35 PM »

Not sure how good that trade is..... get rid of yuh best 2 and season leading scorer for a injury prone man...
hope it works out

remember the time we went and see Knicks-Suns and he score about 39? 

I eh know if Harrington injury-prone.  I now looking it up, it seems like he play most games in his career.  He only on GS inactive list because he say he wanted a trade.

Donnie Walsh was the man who draft Al back in the Pacers days.  I figure they will just move Chandler or Richardson to the 2 without having to make any other adjustments to the starting lineup.

I doh know what the Warriors want another perimeter player for.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 03:15:39 PM »

hope it works out

Salary dump...

besides... Trader Don still at it... Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins sent to the Clippers for Tim "that bum" Thomas and Cuttino Mobley.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/11/21/2008-11-21_knicks_trade_jamal_crawford_for_al_harri.html

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »

hope it works out

Salary dump...

besides... Trader Don still at it... Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins sent to the Clippers for Tim "that bum" Thomas and Cuttino Mobley.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/11/21/2008-11-21_knicks_trade_jamal_crawford_for_al_harri.html

what the hell is this.

I'm guessing they going to re-activate Eddy Curry in that case.  Curry will be hard to trade unless he could get some playing time and at least start back getting the numbers he was getting season before last.  Even so it will be difficult to get somebody else to take on that long-term high-paying salary for a 7-footer who does play whole game and average 6 rebounds and less than 1 block.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »
they lose in speed but gain in size.jamal creative.wait and see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 09:52:15 AM »
Knicks gain cap space by dealing top scorersby Marc Berman, New York Post
LeBron James steps foot inside the Garden on Tuesday night, and Friday Knicks president Donnie Walsh took two giant steps closer to making room for the King of Cleveland in the summer of 2010. In a historic day of frenzied Knicks trading, Walsh blew up the roster, made two blockbusters, dishing his two leading scorers in Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph, getting in return two Jersey products, Al Harrington and Tim Thomas, as well as Cuttino Mobley.

It does not make the Knicks a better team this season, but the three hired guns with short-term deals put the Knicks in great shape to be $18.5 million under the salary cap to give James the maximum contract when he's a free agent. Crawford made $10 million in 2010-11 and Randolph made $17.5 million. That's $27.5 million in cap savings.

If Walsh can also trade Eddy Curry's long-term deal, Walsh could be in position to sign two maximum players during the star-studded free-agent class of 2010 that also includes Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire.

"This goes back to my first press conference when I said we need to competitive for two years, then have cap flexibility after that," Walsh said in a conference call Friday night while the undermanned Knicks faced the Bucks at Bradley Center. "I think I accomplished both goals and brought in three players who can adapt to Mike's style."

The Crawford-for-Harrington trade was announced in the afternoon, and three hours later Walsh sent Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Clippers for Thomas and Mobley. The Knicks had seven healthy bodies and by league rules were forced to dress Stephon Marbury.

Knocking the Knicks Just when the Knicks were becoming watchable again, they sacrificed their present for an uncertain future, says FOXSports.com NBA analyst Charley Rosen. Crawford and Randolph raised their trade value in leading the Knicks to a solid 6-5 start entering Friday night's game in Milwaukee. Crawford was averaging 19.6 points and Randolph 20.5. Walsh may have felt the Knicks were headed south from here and needed to capitalize on the two players' revived trade values.

According to Players' Association attorney Ron Klempner, the salary cap for 2010 is expected to be about $64.6 million. The Knicks would need to have a payroll of roughly $46 million to give James the maximum wage.

With Crawford and Randolph gone, the Knicks have four players signed in 2010-11 for $24 million: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Curry and Jared Jeffries. If they could also ship Curry, that would also give Walsh a chance to re-sign David Lee and Nate Robinson and give James a young nucleus to join.

"You just can't expect a guy to come to a team because it has a building" Walsh said. "It has to be a good team to be put around whoever that is."

However, the Knicks could be awful. They had just seven healthy bodies entering last night, forcing outcast Stephon Marbury to dress, though he refused to play.

"Obviously, I want to think about that now," Walsh said.

The disgruntled Harrington, who can play small or power forward, has a contract that expires after the 2009-10 season and his addition emboldened Walsh to move Randolph.

"It's always going to be a possibility that one day the face of the franchise is going to change," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "Donnie's plan is pretty clear, that in a couple of years we'll be under the cap. Everything we do will lead us to the possibility of being under the cap in two years. Then I'll deal with making sure the team is competitive.

"I want to dispel the notion we did it just to clear space. We're not throwing away this year and thinking we're not making the playoffs."

Making the playoffs truly does not seem a priority after this move. Without a first-round pick for 2010, the Knicks may be content with a lottery pick for this year's draft to boost their roster to attract James.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »
Everything we do will lead us to the possibility of being under the cap in two years. Then I'll deal with making sure the team is competitive.

"I want to dispel the notion we did it just to clear space. We're not throwing away this year and thinking we're not making the playoffs."

he sound like he realise he could get in trouble for the first statement and follow it up fast with a cover-up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 07:55:37 PM »
Everything we do will lead us to the possibility of being under the cap in two years. Then I'll deal with making sure the team is competitive.

he sound like he realise he could get in trouble for the first statement and follow it up fast with a cover-up.

He trying to chain up the public into still shelling out ducats to come see that sorry team.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 01:47:30 AM »
I've been having Steph's back throughout all of this... but I think I've finally reached my limit... once more he refused to enter the game when asked by his coach:

Richardson was easing a compression sleeve on his forearm when he was asked how he felt about a healthy teammate who wouldn’t play.

“You mean Steph?” Richardson said. Speaking without rancor, he continued: “I don’t consider him my teammate. He hasn’t played with us all year. He didn’t want to play with us. I don’t look at him as a teammate because teammates don’t do that.”

He added: “Regardless of if you’re trying to stick it to whoever you’re trying to stick it to, at the end of the day we’re short-handed. People are hurt.”

Marbury was unavailable for comment. He had left the locker room by the time it was opened to reporters. Although the Knicks did not discipline Marbury the first time, his latest refusal could push team officials to take action, with a fine or a suspension.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/sports/basketball/27knicks.html?ref=sports

Without a doubt the Knicks fired the first salvo and started this mess... but there comes a time when you have to live up to your status as a professional.  The Knicks would be lucky if they get a can of tomatoes for this fool now.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »
this is the last I'm going to address that whole situation with steph.  one way or the other.  it's just time to move on.

I think he really just hurting himself by doing that. 

From his POV: He going to get his money for this season in any scenario, the question is if anyone will give him a paycheck next year.

From the team's POV: given the salary dumping of the last week, I'd be surprised if they had any interest in trading him for anything but a similar amount of expiring money in any case. 

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 11:25:29 AM »
yeah, is kind of a lose lose situation.   even if he plays now the rift is just too much between him and his teammates.  knicks just need to find some quick way to end his contract, trade him or something b/c it is becoming a huge distraction.   

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »
yeah, is kind of a lose lose situation.   even if he plays now the rift is just too much between him and his teammates.  knicks just need to find some quick way to end his contract, trade him or something b/c it is becoming a huge distraction.   
tink he'll be gone very very soon.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »
Jamal back in the garden tonight with the warriors.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »
win over the warriors last night. 

some franchise records set but I wouldn't put any stock in that but it's good to see David Lee get 37 and 21.  almost every knicks game going to be a shootout.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:14 PM »
A player who was an all-star playing for D'Antoni with a large expiring contract is on the trading block.  His team is in danger of tanking the season anyway and need a PG badly. hmmm.... 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 11:49:38 PM »
A player who was an all-star playing for D'Antoni with a large expiring contract is on the trading block.  His team is in danger of tanking the season anyway and need a PG badly. hmmm.... 

Sadly Steph is also about the same age as him so unlikely the Suns will go that route.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 09:01:10 AM »
actually i was referring to Shawn Marion in Miami.

Miami basically torn between making a move to possibly jump-start their team and letting that big contract come off the books at the end of the season.  trading for steph could potentially meet both criteria (the latter definitely and the thinking with the former is that steph will be on his best behavior for the rest of the season).

In any case, I now reading that Walsh and Marbury meeting today to finalize a buyout under the condition that Steph don't sign for Miami.

I had say I was done with this storyline but it is really the gift that keeps on giving

NEW YORK (AP) -- With his career in New York seemingly finished, Knicks guard Stephon Marbury lashed out at teammates and coach Mike D'Antoni a day before he was to meet with team president Donnie Walsh about a possible buyout, the New York Post reported in Monday's edition.

Walsh suspended Marbury for Saturday's game against Golden State because the Knicks said Marbury refused to play Wednesday night in a loss at Detroit. The Knicks also docked his pay from that night, with the penalties costing Marbury nearly $400,000.

"I sat there for three weeks and didn't say one word," Marbury told The Post. "I didn't hear one of my teammates say, `Why isn't Stephon Marbury playing? This is a good system for him, even to play with the second unit and bring more firepower.'

"When things got bad and then worse, guys like Quentin Richardson say, `I don't consider him a teammate. He let his teammates out to dry.' He didn't care I was his teammate when I was banished. They left me out for dead. It's like we're in a foxhole and I'm facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn't even give me an honorable death."

Marbury isn't part of D'Antoni's plans and has been on the inactive list most of the season. However, D'Antoni twice asked Marbury if he would play when the Knicks were undermanned.

"Mike had no intentions of me playing basketball here," Marbury said. "He gave me straight disrespect. It was beyond disrespect. He put in (Danilo) Gallinari, whose back is messed up and (who) didn't participate at all in training camp ahead of me (in the season opener). ... That's saying, `I'm letting you have it right now.' He was sticking it to me."

Walsh has said he's opposed to buyouts and agreed that it's difficult to trade Marbury because of his salary of approximately $21 million.

"He (D'Antoni) knew I was in my contract year and did everything they asked me to do. He's not trying to help me. He's trying to hurt me," Marbury said.

Marbury agreed to suit up last Friday night in Milwaukee so the Knicks would have the league-mandated eight players in uniform, but declined D'Antoni's offer before the game to take some available minutes.

D'Antoni and Walsh didn't feel that was insubordination, but Walsh believed he had to act this time, when Marbury turned D'Antoni down after guards Nate Robinson and Cuttino Mobley were unavailable in the second game of a back-to-back.

"He suspended me without hearing both sides," Marbury said. "That wasn't fair. He took it upon himself to fine me without even speaking to me."

The players' association plans to file a grievance because Marbury insists he never refused to play.

"Mike gave the option to play," he said. "He couldn't come to me man to man and say, `You have to play.' It was an option."

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »
Way, ah cyar believe it have a Knicks thread, ever since 96 ah swear dat whole organization need a bush bath, livin in NY 11 years now and find it real hard to support dem, say wah, dais NY fuh yuh, tough love   ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 08:51:25 AM »
oh god NY get slam lastnite hard by king james and co.they lose by about 40 pts.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
the knicks were on the wrong end of a 118 - 82 scoreline.  I believe the technical term is 'blow-out'.  In some circles it is common procedure to omit the hyphen.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »
good win by de knickerbockers last nite against new juzzy.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14:49 AM »
NY in LA 2nite.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »
yeah, lost last night against the suns.  111-103.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2008, 07:09:48 PM »
yeah, lost last night against the suns.  111-103.

make it two after tonite, Laker basketball
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>