April 20, 2024, 03:59:35 AM

Author Topic: Transition is one of our Big Problems in Attack  (Read 976 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Transition is one of our Big Problems in Attack
« on: September 12, 2005, 07:54:03 PM »
when we win the ball we too slow to surge forward and take advantage.

In modern football that is when goals are scored by winning the ball and moving quickly into attack .

In the CR game we we having good possesion but with 8 men behind the ball we could not break them down. The long cross to stern not working.

Our defense is holding strong but once we win the ball our build up is too slow so we not getting behind the defense.

I think we will beat Panama no matter what but to beat mexico our transition game will have to improve.

Good teams are hard to break down once you let them set up
Mexico is a good team

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Transition is one of our Big Problems in Attack
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 10:38:57 PM »
boy people does only reply to yuh posts after u smoke a post yes.
When u stay sober and try and talk sense nobody does take u on.

But I agree with you, we have no transition. We too slow, and because of that, we try to force the ball up long to the forwards in hope of compensating. This is especially true from the wingback positions, thus becoming very predictable.
The key is off the ball intelligent running.
But I aint know if we fit enought to do that for a whole half, far less a game, or even if we brave enough to do that and commit numbers forward more.

Pass the draw! *Cough Cough*

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 06:16:19 AM »
I agree that our transition from defense to attack is too slow but we don't have the players to do otherwise. Brazil, Real Madrid, Arsenal, they have players that are lightning quick, we have Stern, Yorke, Latapy, Birchall, none of which have any significant pace, while guys like Glenn aren't being used and Samuel aren't being used.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 10:56:13 AM »
Seems like transition in defense is a problem as well. We have given up 5 goals in 3 games. Could it be that the team is defending too deep, consequently the transition to attack is coming from so deep its not causing teams difficulty?????
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>