April 24, 2024, 07:53:44 PM

Author Topic: Greek player commits suicide after omission from squad  (Read 3771 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Greek player commits suicide after omission from squad
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »
a trini would never do this.

ATHENS, Oct 29 (Reuters) - A Greek soccer player committed suicide after being left out of the squad for a
domestic cup game with Olympiakos Piraeus, police said on Wednesday.

The 25-year-old, Yiannis Koskiniatis, jumped off a 12-metre cliff after being omitted from third division Diagoras Rhodes’s squad to face the national champions in a fourth round match.

Police said the midfielder had left a note at the top of the cliff that read: “Being left out of the squad was a great injustice. I cannot take it any more.”

Koskiniatis had played 61 times for Diagoras, scoring four goals, but was sidelined all season following an operation on his injured left leg. Local media reported that the club had sent him for psychological help.

He went missing around midday when his team mates met for their pre-match lunch. His motorbike was found at about 1700 local time in the Profitis Ilias area just outside Rhodes town.

The news was relayed to the Diagoras players during a brief delay in the match, which they lost 3-2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-europegreecesuicide&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Greek player commits suicide after omission from squad
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »
tragic..........i never know a man cud tote so much feelings for a game :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »
that sad dread... 12m?he went head 1st or what?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »

ent!..an is not to say de man get omitted from de nat'l squad...is ah third string side de man flip off de cliff for

dais like killin yuhself for de only hunchback gyirl in yuh village
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:25:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that he took it so personal. He had serious issues which people around him did not detect. RIP baller! Go with God!!!!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
de fella was right...look how dey loss.....manager got de tactics all wrong

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »
real sad. rest in peace fella.

depression is a hell of a thing yes. this time it was football..but he probably would have gone off on any type of rejection.

is a small world. lewwe doh catch kix off de man

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 05:43:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that he took it so personal. He had serious issues which people around him did not detect. RIP baller! Go with God!!!!

Nah breds ... the people around him did detect something was wrong.
Koskiniatis had played 61 times for Diagoras, scoring four goals, but was sidelined all season following an operation on his injured left leg. Local media reported that the club had sent him for psychological help.

Sad story allround.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
football ent a game. it's a passion....rel rel sad....RIP
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 05:59:56 PM »
RIP is only ah game lawddddddddddddd
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 06:07:32 PM »
Anybody ever see the documentary on Setanta with the Italian man suffering from schizophrenia?

The man wife said she wasn't sure if he was sick, so she take a guitar and buss it on the man head. She say if he was normal, he would blow she out afterwards .... if he was sick, he wouldn't say nuttin. Well he didn't say nuttin.

Went by the doctor, doctor invite him to knock some ball ... and he using that as part of therapy since then.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 06:09:33 PM »
blessings to the man family....

I get take off half time in the oval 2 weeks ago...ah neary cry...serious... but ah jump off the bar instead...

sad story....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 09:14:53 AM »
that wasn't the same thing that happen on a Dream Team episode?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
lawdddd....hmmm football is ah passion eh...but come nah man, how yuh go jump off ah cliff cuz yuh eh geh pick...

but it kinda sad in a sense yea...but that soulja had to hv some kinda deficiency...that eh normal...de article mention something bout psychologist...

anyway fella R.I.P
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 09:42:32 AM »
While i feel for this guy,this one is scarey and not hard to understand,if you all notice the way some people play and support this game you will swere they are nuts,can you imagine being the Coach or Technical director of the team this guy was left off,this just added another dimention to the game,i'm sure he is feeling like he is responsible for the death of that guy,i wonder who is the next player he leaving of the team,i guess they will have to evaluate that guy before he do so,this is what nice about this game it never have a dull day.RIP Breds.   

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:15 AM »

ATHENS, Oct 29 (Reuters) - A Greek soccer player committed suicide after being left out of the squad for a

The 25-year-old, Yiannis Koskiniatis, jumped off a 12-metre cliff after being omitted from third division Diagoras Rhodes’s squad to face the national champions in a fourth round match.

Police said the midfielder had left a note at the top of the cliff that read: “Being left out of the squad was a great injustice. I cannot take it any more.”

He went missing around midday when his team mates met for their pre-match lunch. His motorbike was found at about 1700 local time in the Profitis Ilias area just outside Rhodes town.

The news was relayed to the Diagoras players during a brief delay in the match, which they lost 3-2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-europegreecesuicide&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Well de unusual fuh me in these last few weeks, ah happen to be on de forum 2 consecutive days. Nice dat is cool. Me eh see nothing tuh make me even think about committing suicide in dis life nah, ah really mean dat, nothing, nothing, nothing. Ah mean what kind ah up bringing a human being cud have dat he cud want to take a precious thing, as his own life. As much as ah love and respect meh wife, not even she cud make me entertain dat thought, worst yet not being selected for a national team. Even if ah loose meh house, job and vehicles, ah might cry like ah baby, but is as far as it goes. Cuz de way dat I was brought by my christian parents, whom are Pentecostals (bless their hearts) and learning the streets as an adult, dat will never be in my thoughts. Well so sad for that player, I guess to each his own. Well Andre, ah doh know how long yuh have dat avatar dey, but ah just obserevd, cuz as yuh know ah doh be here these days, as de breddah here does say "Ah love it". Dis rush thing ah doing on de forum, hurry tuh post and get off, after ah come back and check meh post ah noticing a lot damn mistakes dat ah have to correct, steupsss. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:30:05 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »
This man had more serious problems than football.  Sad, sad!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 06:44:55 PM »

come on man shotta..yuh smarter than that. This isn't much different from those brazilians that jump off off buildings,crash their cars into buildings,start riots when brazil/team they support lose world cup/cup finals. To some people it's not just a game.It's life

Maybe de man was on a 'pay when you play' salary/contract and that game meant extra money to take care of the man family etc. I not talking down to you but really this story is not no skin thing(my opinion)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »

No. A trini woulda probably buss up de coach head,break up he car windows/puncture tires and pelt big stone at he house

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 07:12:42 PM »
That man was ah physco ,dey figure him out ah long time that is what yuh call being angry for the slightest 
 thing that bother yuh  . suppozin the man did get ah gun and pass out the team that would dah be a tragedy, but he did the rightest thing by passin himself out he iz ah weaklin . >:( >:( >:(
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>