Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 474685 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica beat Guatemala in warm up game
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2005, 07:25:07 AM »
Allyuh real biting up in this thresd dreddys .. wheeeys ...

But so what if JAM beat Guat in a Warm up vs GUAT benchers

And yea... I have a sneaky Suspicion that RF iz ah hater!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2005, 07:26:23 AM »

I think RF would rather see T&T in the WC rather than Guat, at least I hope so.

I don't think so.

You might be right but I personally would rather see a carribean neighbour qualify as opposed to central american country.

It have quite a number of Jamaicans here where I work, they would rather Ja in the Hex than T&T but since they're not there and we are, T&T has their backing, some of them went to T&T v Guat game with me and supported us.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2005, 07:43:48 AM »

I don't think so.

You might be right but I personally would rather see a carribean neighbour qualify as opposed to central american country.

It have quite a number of Jamaicans here where I work, they would rather Ja in the Hex than T&T but since they're not there and we are, T&T has their backing, some of them went to T&T v Guat game with me and supported us.

Cool.........

It doesn't matter if Jamaicans support us or not. No one has any obligation to any team but their own. We welcome all supporters nevertheless.

I have no ill-feelings toward RF, and it doesn't matter if he supports us or not..........

I just like giving him a hard time because I think he's full of sh**........and it's fun.  ;D ;D ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2005, 07:50:03 AM »

I don't think so.

Cool.........

It doesn't matter if Jamaicans support us or not. No one has any obligation to any team but their own. We welcome all supporters nevertheless.

I have no ill-feelings toward RF, and it doesn't matter if he supports us or not..........

I just like giving him a hard time because I think he's full of sh**........and it's fun.  ;D ;D ;D

I like that.  :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2005, 07:50:36 AM »
look..this thread have to dead. it gone on too long and it eh going nowhere.

Thnx RF for de 'support'. To be honest...I think you move like a smart man dey. You say it will be real shame if a sh** side like Guateh represent Concacaf in the Cup instead of TnT. So you tell me.....in what manner has TnT proven itself dominant to Guateh? I want to hear your logic. Seeing TnT also hasn't beaten Jamaica in years.....Guateh ahead of us in the table..... Guateh hit us 5 at home and almost beat us in we own back yard.....I am not surprised that some people think you gloating and find you setting up to say TnT is a sh** side. That possibly was not your intent, but your reputation has preceded you this time. Of course I am eagerly awaiting your denial and accusations of anti-Jamaican behavior. I notice you didn't touch my last post...it must be hit a nerve.

I really want to forget dis nonsense. We have some serious business to take care of in Panama. And dat is all we really care about right now. What happened between JA and Guateh has absolutely no bearing on these upcoming games. Kicker was right...football is about match ups. What Guateh do against JA in a warm-up cannot be extrapolated to how they will perform against another team in competition regardless of the quality of the opposition. But thanks for the scoreline and I hope Jamaica's 2nd string makes the hex in 4 years time

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2005, 07:57:21 AM »

I don't think so.

Cool.........

I like that.  :rotfl:

....but honestly though.....the board would be way less fun without the RF's and Sting Pana's etc..........

It's cool to have everyone on the same bandwagon sometimes, but that gets boring after a while......

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just learnt that Sven has requested a game with Jamaica to
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2005, 02:45:34 PM »
tune up for Trinidad. Now, teh question is, will Jack Warner have a problem with this game going through? Technically, Jamaica would be assisting England to beat T&T. Sven also wants a game vs Uruguay. Lets see how this one pans out. Heard also that the French coach has targeted Jamaica along with another South American team for warm ups.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Just learnt that Sven has requested a game with Jamaica to
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2005, 02:52:37 PM »
Jack shouldn't have any problem with that.  England done overconfident already and the inevitable drubbing they will put on Jamaica will only add to that.  Then when they face some decent quality Caribbean football in Germany they won't know what hit them.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2005, 02:53:46 PM »
lol, dats good 2 hear, allyuh lucky trinidad make de world cup, bc now u gettin de fall out from it, if allyuh was any good, ja would give we a game b4 we play in the world cup and deny de english, but say wha, allyuh yardman does kiss englishman ass nah, so i doh expect allyuh 2 refuse

vibes it up

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2005, 02:58:24 PM »
reggae fan all we wanted to do was qualify

allyuh could play anybody and if jack vex hull he arse

go jamaica :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2005, 02:58:59 PM »
Jack shouldn't have any problem with that.  England done overconfident already and the inevitable drubbing they will put on Jamaica will only add to that.  Then when they face some decent quality Caribbean football in Germany they won't know what hit them.

Sounds like you are the one over-confidentthere arrow. Like your optimism. And yes, I agree, Ja in line for a drubbing from the English! They are two levels above us right now.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2005, 03:02:58 PM »
England cud play whoever dey want in order to prepare, they have ah right to do so.
We getting good competition in Czech, Norway, Wales and Hungary.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2005, 03:04:11 PM »
Allyuh studyin RF....

We ent playing England in Trinidad... and Jamaica ent hosting England for two weeks.....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2005, 03:04:32 PM »
RF that all depends on if allyuh gonna give them housing and a training camp for ah week.

Then and only then will we have a problem with that :devil:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2005, 03:22:50 PM »
Fix up.

Just do we a favour and rough them up nah.

U cud host them however long yuh want....it won't make a difference this time.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2005, 03:28:44 PM »
well england wasting a friendly das 4 sure

rf  2 levels below england       u must be rell high lol      try 10 levels below england

England A  17  vs. England B  0

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2005, 04:18:53 PM »
We done qualify let J'ca play who dem want, we will do our own preparations. I would actually be surprised to see that game take place, with total disregard that England has for us I would think they would not deem it necessary to need a friendly for prparing for us.
maybe they taking it more seriously than they want to let on.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2005, 04:23:26 PM »
but the thing is jamaica dont play nothing like us..we more finese while jamaica just wild :devil:

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2005, 04:27:42 PM »
Dat game would not bother me at all dred. We in Germany already! :o

I dont think Sven really serious though I think is just a bluff. He dont really want to expose he men to Jamaica right now. And I agree we style of play under Beenie is much different from Jamaica.

Then again Jamaica might use a setta English based players anyway.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2005, 04:29:30 PM »
but the thing is jamaica dont play nothing like us..we more finese while jamaica just wild :devil:

I dont think England want to practice vs a team who plays "finesse" as you put it. england want to play a team that is going to give them a good work out. Check out the style of play of Ghana,Togo, Ivory Coast. You might be the only black team in the world cup playing "finesse" football, whatever that is.  :D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2005, 04:34:05 PM »
Dat game would not bother me at all dred. We in Germany already! :o

I dont think Sven really serious though I think is just a bluff. He dont really want to expose he men to Jamaica right now. And I agree we style of play under Beenie is much different from Jamaica.

Then again Jamaica might use a setta English based players anyway.

Hey, Its goodto see these teams showing interest man. Sven say he want a game vs Jamaica, I happy if it goes through. Was also glad to see Bahrain and France shoiwing interest as well. Wether or not you wantto accept it, Jamaica would provide a good measure as to teh strength of the T&T squad. Its widely believed that Ja is stronger than T&!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2005, 04:37:04 PM »

I dont think England want to practice vs a team who plays "finesse" as you put it. england want to play a team that is going to give them a good work out. Check out the style of play of Ghana,Togo, Ivory Coast. You might be the only black team in the world cup playing "finesse" football, whatever that is.  :D

I wouldn't call Trinidad football finesse football at all (if there is such a thing)....

Brazil, Holland, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Mexico.....maybe France play "finesse" football to a certain extent....

Trinidad- I dunno. I don't think we have a defined brand as yet. Our football is pretty raw and choppy, and struggles to find rhythm for huge parts of a game...........we need to spend more time together as a team to build a chemistry and develop the off-the-ball movement that facilitates "finesse" football. (like I say, if there is such a thing)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 04:40:29 PM by kicker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2005, 04:37:18 PM »
Interesting that T&T's participation in the World Cup helps to provide "food" for our CONCACAF neighbours, especially some neighbours who are in dire financial need according to them.

Yet they still begrudge our qualification.  Not ALL....but a significant amount.

Those who come here to talk about "they wonder if Jack will get upset seeing that Jamaica helpin to beat T&T" just betrayin their ignorance and jealousy.  Which is the better opportunity?  Bahrain or England?

Dumbass.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2005, 04:37:32 PM »
Nah ja an T&T is bredrin right tru. We have our rivalrys buh we need to stick together as a caribbean nation man
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2005, 04:49:57 PM »

I hate to agree with RF...but TnT does not play no finesse ball...Dat is reserved for teams that can string more than 5 passes together and keep possession and dictate the rythm of play against quality opposition....CONSISTANTLY. Jamaica is a more physical side than us...but that doh men we are a finesse team. The image some fans have of TnT and the reality....well...just watch replays of our games objectively. Men like to talk to much shit...playing JA is a good warm up for England and gives them a good idea of what level we play at.....no teams are identical...we are playing Wales & Norway only an ignoramus will say Wales is identical to England and Norway is identical to Sweden.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2005, 04:55:53 PM »
We did play finesse football in a couple Shell CUps though
The 7-2 blazing in the Oval in 94 and CUp FInal in 95 stand out
Also the 3-2 ?(not sure) win against Norway

We look lil fluid in those games
None in recent memory though.
Look at our goals in the Hex.
I not thinking of any that came at the end of a really good knock right now
Plenty scrappy goals
a good partner of mine once told me you can judge how good a league/side is by the quality of the goals that are scored
I dunno if i fully agree but if it is true we have a lot more work to do to be called "finesse"
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2005, 05:04:44 PM »
We did play finesse football in a couple Shell CUps though
The 7-2 blazing in the Oval in 94 and CUp FInal in 95 stand out
Also the 3-2 ?(not sure) win against Norway

We look lil fluid in those games
None in recent memory though.
Look at our goals in the Hex.

Quality of opposition.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2005, 05:08:50 PM »
i definitely don't disagree
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2005, 05:08:58 PM »
Honestly I don't think Jamaica would be badly beaten by England. Beaten yes but badly no. The Jamaicans can match the English on a physical standpoint. If they are tactically disciplined they could make England work hard to beat them. We really shouldn't underrate Jamaica. I still think that we are better than them though.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »
This all depends too, on what type of team Jamaica fields of course. Remember Bahrain blazed up another hex country before they played us. Hopefully jamaica fields a soft JA team, so they could underestimate we....
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

1]; } ?>